Game Of Thrones Season 5 episode 9 Discussion/Season finale predictions

Comments

• It looked like Tyrion was wearing new clothes to me, but it really bothers you that hes not shaved? Jorah was fighting well because he's a good fighter and determined, not perfectly. He almost lost a few times. The Sons of the Harpy must have larger numbers than we thought and had been planning this attack. I was just really surprised that they took out Hizdar. And Dany riding off on Drogon is a book thing so i was expecting it. Except for what happened to poor Shireen, i enjoyed the episode.

stevean2 posted: »

This is probably the worst episode of GoT I've seen yet to be honest. And it's mostly all due to Dany's Scenes. The Sons of Harpy sudden

• Or GRRM is secretly sabotaging the show one fake storyline at a time.

KCohere posted: »

It seems it was his idea, which might foreshadow what happens in the next books.

• I watched the episode in school (we have pretty long breaks mid day) and it was hard not to start yelling at the screen at the shireen scene. It made me absolutely sick, which rarely happens in got these days ( i mean the sansa scene was pretty horrible but this scene is probably going to stick with me for a while..) I really liked shireen, she was such an interesting child character. Burning alive is also one of the worst ways to die, just imagining it made me sick.. poor girl.
    Stannis used to be the guy i rooted for..
    I'm just hoping Brienne is going to appear again. Also - really enjoyed the Dorne parts. Starting to like a lot of the characters there. I had some issues with Danys end scene (like her leaving behind her friends and allies...uhm) generally i enjoyed it. At the end i just thought "wow, Tyrion finally saw a dragon, aw yeah"

• Alt text

R'hllor Hungers

The assembly of Azor Stannis' army begins!

• I also still hate Dany.

• Well...Stannis has crossed the point of no return....

Otherwise, I thought it was a good episode.

• Stannis Baratheon, go fuck yourself.

Also, did anyone see the finale preview? I really don't want Shireen's sacrifice to mean anything good for Stannis. I hope this blows up in his face.

• Yes, it does. He grew that beard after being locked up for months in a box, not only does it not look appealing, it also takes away from his appearance, which, in westeros and essos... is kinda... everything. Simply being a "good fighter" doesnt mean you get to bypass physical disabilities.

It looked like Tyrion was wearing new clothes to me, but it really bothers you that hes not shaved? Jorah was fighting well because he's a g

• edited June 2015

OMG, i don't know how to feel...

Stannis has always been my absolute favorite character after Theon. I have always defended him and i was rooting for him to become king. I don't know what to feel anymore, i am so confused... mostly because this is something the Stannis from the novels would not do! In fact in this part in "Dance of Dragons", when they are going to Winterfell, people are asking him to have more burnings, because they are starving and cold and they think burning people will satisfy R'hllor.. and he tells them to stfu and go pray harder if they want the god's favor, because there will be no burnings! WTF happened in the show????

Then, in the novels you have Stannis rooting for his daughter. He is not shown as sweet as in the tv series with her but you feel he cares for her well being. He also says that, if he dies someday, his people will have to fight to put his daughter on the throne or die in the attempt, because she is his heir.

Seriously, wtf? i think that what they did to Stannis in this episode was bullshit. And here i was thinking that they were doing a nice job portraying him and was so happy because finally the non readers were starting to apreciate him!!
    ...Until now. Now everybody hates Stannis, and with motives. What a shitty portrait. I don't care if GRRMartin himself told the producers that Shireen was going to die in the next book, i am pretty sure it wont be destroying Stannis's character in the process.

(Sorry for the raving, i am super upset right now xD)

• BOOK READERS:
    I have just realised something terrible for next episode.
    With the 'For the Watch' scene, which will no doubt take place. In the books, millisandre was there, but in the show she is not...
    Does that mean that the theory that she will revive a certain person won't happen?

• Maybe I am being too hopeful, but I suspect that the scene won't happen. At least not this season.

The whole reason why the attack on Jon happened in the books, was because that Jon send Mance to Winterfell to save his sister (a fake one) and Melisandre was the whole reason they send Mance to Winterfell in the first place. There is also the factor that Theon and the fake sister managed to escape and someone send a letter to Jon saying that he should give his bride and Reek back. This forced Jon to gather the wildlings in response to the Bolton's message. Considering this is a break of the Night's Watch neutrality, this made the brothers attack Jon.

But then again, they could easily accomplish the same thing by having Davos ask Jon for assistance and considering what he have witnessed in Hardhome, Jon might agree. Just a wild guess.

kaza125 posted: »

BOOK READERS: I have just realised something terrible for next episode. With the 'For the Watch' scene, which will no doubt take place. In

• I have been thinking that maybe the Shireen thing has something to do with it, but i don't know...

BOOK READERS: I have just realised something terrible for next episode. With the 'For the Watch' scene, which will no doubt take place. In

• Am I the only one who suspects that Davos might be ambushed by Ramsay and the Boltons on his way to castle black?

• lol @ all the people who were like "Team Stannis!" all the way through this season. The Lord of Light is evil. You don't want one of his servants in control of, well, anything. And this proves it.

Everything else was good. When Mace Tyrell started singing, I thought it was going to turn into a real Game of Thrones musical.

• edited June 2015

I don't why, but I kind of laughed when Dany left with Drogon. It felt like she was telling her friends "Goodbye have fun dying" lol. Also once Davo's fines out about Shireen..... well let's just say sh** is about to get real xD

• edited June 2015

Hehe yeah, that is what I thought as well at the end. How will her "friends" get out of the Pit alive on their own? :P
    And yes, don`t forget who awaits Stannis when he gets to Winterfell. Brienne who has sworn to kill him is nearby, so something tells me the Boltons may be victorious afterall. Unless Tommen and Myrcelle gets stoned in the streets next episode and Stannis becomes the King.

I don't why, but I kind of laughed when Dany left with Drogon. It felt like she was telling her friends "Goodbye have fun dying" lol. Also once Davo's fines out about Shireen..... well let's just say sh** is about to get real xD

• He didn't murder his brother he killed his brother in war. There's a difference. Renly betrayed Stannis. Stannis had every right to kill a traitor. Killing his own daughter, however, is unforgivable.

It wasnt about starving. The Red Witch convinced him that this was the only way to win, which he cares about more than anything. I should ha

• Now I see why Stannis sent Davos to the Wall there's no way he would've let that happen :( I actually really liked Stannis's character and Shireen was awesome I'm going to find it hard to support him. I can't wait for Davos to get back and see his reaction although I don't think that'll happen this season.

I loved the final scene in the arena, notice when Daenerys got on Drogon and flew away we were seeing it from Tyrion's perspective? Think back to when Jorah told the story of how he stopped being a cynic I'm thinking Tyrions slowly starting to believe in Daenerys.

• My theory is Brienne will kill Stannis and rescue Theon and Sansa and then next season will focus on Ramsay trying to get them back.

WardenKing posted: »

Hehe yeah, that is what I thought as well at the end. How will her "friends" get out of the Pit alive on their own? :P And yes, don`t forge

• Yeah, fuck Stannis.

• One theory I've heard is that Mel will use Shireen's kings blood to revive Stannis but it will actually work on Jon. We don't know the range on those spells. Or perhaps Bran will use his tree powers to revive Jon.

Or perhaps he'll just stay dead. I hope for the 3rd option so I can watch the internet explode.

• The writers hate him. Stannis from the books wouldn't do that. Selys would though. She didn't blink when she burned her brother alive. Making her sob on the floor while Stannis is the stone cold baby killer is about the biggest character assassination they could commit.

Yeah, fuck Stannis.

• So I guess we won't be seeing Greyworm ever again lol he was in like 1 maybe 2 episodes this season.

• I can't believe to say that I agree with you. Holy, Stannis is just horrible. And the witch even worse for her witchy juju that caused this. Even the bitchy mother that locked shireen in the first place had a change of heart.

PigeonPie posted: »

I'm absolutely distraught. I was crying, I was in hysterics. I was never a fan of Stannis but I thought he at least had some sense of dec

• What about Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr.
    This is based on A Song of Ice and Fire where fire is The Lord of Light and ice The Night King there is no good or evil.
    There is good and bad on both sides.

ranger563 posted: »

lol @ all the people who were like "Team Stannis!" all the way through this season. The Lord of Light is evil. You don't want one of his ser

• He is resting from his wounds for fighting the sons of the harpy and his fail attempt of saving Barristan Selmy.

So I guess we won't be seeing Greyworm ever again lol he was in like 1 maybe 2 episodes this season.

• edited June 2015

Agreed with the previous comments. D and D just have raped Stannis' character. In the novels Stannis is NOT going to burn his daughter. Actually, he told one of his soldiers that if he dies, they should fight for Shireen. What the hell the king is fighting for if he kills his only child and heir? Who will inherit the kingdom?

Stupid story writing for "shock effect" out of nowhere from D and D. Shireen may die in the novels, but it definitely won't be Stannis who decided to kill her.

• Don't just blame them lol Martin wanted them to do it.

JohnKersky posted: »

Agreed with the previous comments. D and D just have raped Stannis' character. In the novels Stannis is NOT going to burn his daughter. Actu

• I've always hated Ramsay but just once, I want him to succeed.

The mother really surprised me actually, when I was watching all I could think of was 'Didn't you lock her up and deem her unworthy of her father?'

Avenger95 posted: »

I can't believe to say that I agree with you. Holy, Stannis is just horrible. And the witch even worse for her witchy juju that caused this. Even the bitchy mother that locked shireen in the first place had a change of heart.

• edited June 2015

Out of nowhere? lol. Let me put you a quote from season 2(!) episode 10 by Melisandre to Stannis:

"Thousands will die at your command, you will betray the men serving you, you will betray your family, you will betray everything you once held dear. And it will all be worth it, because you are the Son of Fire, you are the Warrior of Light." This has been build up since season 3 in the show, of course I hoped Stannis wouldn't do it but you can't say it was a "shock effect out of nowhere". And it seems to me that in the show Stannis is now more into "fulfilling his destiny" as Warrior of Light rather than becoming the king - in situation like that having or not having an heir might not feel so important anymore.

I agree that Stannis of the books is different from the show!Stannis, but that doesn't mean the writing would be off, because this has been build up for a long time and Stannis still is very interesting character if not as likable.

JohnKersky posted: »

Agreed with the previous comments. D and D just have raped Stannis' character. In the novels Stannis is NOT going to burn his daughter. Actu

• Why would he do that?

Or GRRM is secretly sabotaging the show one fake storyline at a time.

• I didnt care what happened to him, but then i remembered he beat and stripped Sansa in front of the whole court so he can taste some Stark justice. Plus he likes young girls ewww

Meryn Trant gonna die.

• D&D had a good response to that. When you hear your child screaming for you, everything else flies out the window.

PigeonPie posted: »

I've always hated Ramsay but just once, I want him to succeed. The mother really surprised me actually, when I was watching all I could think of was 'Didn't you lock her up and deem her unworthy of her father?'

• The Brotherhood Without Banners are outlaws, they've done their share of raping, pillaging and murdering. Thoros himself admits that he's a terrible priest. R'hllor is a deity that demands human sacrifice, and seems to have been involved in other shady stuff too (see Vary's explanation of his past), Stannis backs him. Putting Stannis in power would therefore be a very bad thing.

While Stannis is not intrinsically a bad person, he has (figuratively and possibly literally) sold his soul to forces outside his control. It's for this reason that I'd back Dany for the Iron Throne over him.

What about Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr. This is based on A Song of Ice and Fire where fire is The Lord of Light and ice The Night King there is no good or evil. There is good and bad on both sides.

• edited June 2015

None of those attacks disabled him. He's been a knight for a long time so he knows how to fight past the pain. I didnt see any problem with it or with Tyrion apparently prefering his rugged look.

stevean2 posted: »

Yes, it does. He grew that beard after being locked up for months in a box, not only does it not look appealing, it also takes away from his

• Just read a theory that Shireen's greyscale made her immune to burning. It appears that some people are in denial.

• I need him to kick the Boltons out of Winterfell, then he's fair game.

Stannis Baratheon, go fuck yourself. Also, did anyone see the finale preview? I really don't want Shireen's sacrifice to mean anything good for Stannis. I hope this blows up in his face.

• Talk with your daughter about love and then burn her alive? It's doesn't make Stannis "complicate character", it just means Stannis is more mad than the Mad King himself and a pure villain. I don't see character development, I just see a psycho.

Out of nowhere? lol. Let me put you a quote from season 2(!) episode 10 by Melisandre to Stannis: "Thousands will die at your command, yo

• If he burns her in the books too, i dont see how it wouldnt. Stannis has always been rigid, stubborn single-minded, putting duty and his idea of fairness above feelings. This action is extreme but not totally out if his character. Blood means nothing to him, he already killed his brother. Ive never been a fan of Stannis because he is so hardheaded and now he's desperate.

sanmonpe posted: »

OMG, i don't know how to feel... Stannis has always been my absolute favorite character after Theon. I have always defended him and i was

• The only way i could maybe see it happening is if Alliser was plotting some kind of takeover while Jon was away.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.