Telltale and Skybound Announce 'The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series'

Comments

• Awesome! I love Michonne!

• edited June 2015

we will never she her again

what about Clem?...

• Can you please consider porting this to the Vita as well? Lots of us played The Walking Dead on the Vita, and if you leave us hanging here, that's two seasons worth of save files down the drain. And what's worse is that there's no cross-buy option with the PS3/PS4 versions, so if we want to continue following the series, we'd need to REBUY the games we already own in addition to playing through them again. That's a crummy thing to do to your fans.

• michonne is cool

Crystalrain posted: »

Awesome! I love Michonne!

• Yeah, I only watch the show, and have never read the comics, and considering it says "all out war... in Alexandria" I hope it doesn't spoil it for the show. There hasn't been one in the show... (yet?)

Deltino posted: »

They've done a good job of breaking down everything you need to know with the rest of their series. You don't really need to read Fables to

• Enuff making money from side stories telltale. Really WTF regardless what action you choose on behalf of that person, that person die anyway.

• Clem sucked in season 2. Lee and the story made season one great, not clem alone.

I am so mad, why won't they just make another game with Clem, please telltale I am begging you to make more clementine games they are amazin

• People are just mad they can't play their fav, but this Michonne Telltale game should be great.

Ladariel posted: »

Yeah well..As usual you cannot possibly please everyone.. especially the negative Nancys, but I for one am impressed by the fresh news this

• I'm kind of disappointed, I was so looking foward to season 3. But, maybe next time...
    Thanks Telltale, for leaving me on a cliffhanger xD

• Ye I understand what you mean and I completely agree with you, the walking dead game was about the choices you make mattering and in this I find it hard to see how the choices will come into affect.

MyTwoCents posted: »

[READ IN FULL] I'm not sure how I feel about this.. How are choices going to matter in this mini-series if we already know the end res

• They had already said Season 3 won't be until 2016, so I don't know why you would be disappointed.

Rainyyayy posted: »

I'm kind of disappointed, I was so looking foward to season 3. But, maybe next time... Thanks Telltale, for leaving me on a cliffhanger xD

• Well.. if metallica's comment above about this having no tie in with known characters is true.. then the choices in this won't matter at all..

we already know it won't matter in regards to michonne.. cause her fate is already determined in the tv series.. I was hoping that the characters met in this would somehow make it into season 3 of telltale's game.. as to have some bearing on what they are like and who is there based on decisions in this mini-series.. but it looks like that isn't going to happen..

bottom line.. choices don't matter in this release

Kavanagh posted: »

Ye I understand what you mean and I completely agree with you, the walking dead game was about the choices you make mattering and in this I find it hard to see how the choices will come into affect.

• Alt text

Well.. if metallica's comment above about this having no tie in with known characters is true.. then the choices in this won't matter at all

• I'm disappointed cause choices won't matter at all in this mini-series..

We already know Michonne's fate/future.. So choices for her won't matter.. As per the characters she meets in this sneak peak.. How they develop, who is left around at the end.. it all doesn't matter.. because apparently there is not going to be any tie in with season 3.. So the characters in this mini-series don't matter..

So.. Just a game where the core values of telltale don't make it in.. choices don't matter in this mini-series.

I guess i'll just wait until season 3 comes out and won't bother with this.. I'll just watch a youtube clip if i'm that into learning about what happened..

They had already said Season 3 won't be until 2016, so I don't know why you would be disappointed.

• choices don't matter in this mini-series.

Neither did they in Telltale's older titles, Telltale didn't start doing choice based games until the first season of TWD, before that they were regular point and click games. And if the story is good, I really couldn't care less if the choices had a huge or small impact. It's meant to appeal to more comic fans I guess, so if you aren't caught up with the comics, I can understand, but it's to give us fans insight as to what happened to Michonne, Rick, Ezekiel, and others during a huge time skip Kirkman did in the comics that caused Michonne to leave. Frankly, it's a huge compliment to Telltale as Kirkman is allowing them to write and make a story about one of his most popular characters.

I'm disappointed cause choices won't matter at all in this mini-series.. We already know Michonne's fate/future.. So choices for her won'

• edited June 2015

That's fine. I didn't like their earlier games. I only started liking them when they produced games of quality story telling where choices mattered.. As I"m sure they ow much credit to their current fan base along the same lines as the aforementioned.. To take a step back just seems.. Silly. Why set their standards, on an already proven product, lower? And make no mistake.. It is less.

I mean.. I love a quality story! But.. this isn't even as original.. It is based on an already established character in an already told story.. EDIT This feels like what they tried to do with the tv series battlestar galactica.. the newer one.. when they showed what happened before the cylons attacked.. people living their day to day lives before the war.. bla bla.. boring.. Not saying this is boring, just.. outside of hardcore michonne fans.. who cares? Her story is a great one.. I love her character.. but.. It has progressed beyond this point.. I need to feel like i'm accomplishing something.. Being a telltale game.. Choices should matter.. It is how i fell in love with their product for the quality story, and.. yeah..

I would be much more supportive of this release IF they would at least make one's choices matter.. And they could do that by having the choices made from michonne.. Impact the characters she meets at this point in the timeline.. thus having their personality and who is around be introduced to a greater extent then the season 1 dlc .. For when season 3 comes.. At least that way it wouldn't feel like such a waist of time.. And.. Unless you REALLY want to know what happened to michonne during that time.. it is a waist of time.. Sorry.. but i'm not that hardcore and I'm not overly keen on wanting to know.. Perhaps I would feel more of a connection to the materiel if i felt like something was being done while I was being so enlightened.. And thusly.. I'll just watch a youtube clip when i have some free time..

choices don't matter in this mini-series. Neither did they in Telltale's older titles, Telltale didn't start doing choice based game

• Personally, I like to keep the games, TV series, and comic books as separate as I can, my partner absolutely adores the games, not to keen on the TV series, and would never dream of picking up a comic. although its nice to know that there are some underlying connection i'm still a bit meh about it. However, I still have faith in telltale, and I believe they do try to accommodate their fans, and do appreciate our opinions and feedback and working on an episode at a time allows them to adjust the story to feed us what we want from our feedback. So i'm holding out hope, that Michonne will have some interaction with the popular characters with question marks over their head, maybe not taking a key role but answering questions about Christa, Kenny if u leave him on his own, lily etc, or at least get some kind of acknowledging nod to the fans...and longer episodes perhaps. overall I feel meh but i'm not going to slag it off until I know more about it I guess, I will reserve judgement and take it for what it is.

• I guess Michonne will fit in somewhere, as iirc someone said that the time fits too. I am a little concerned though, as where Michonne is when she leaves Rick compared to where Clem and Co. are, would be a hell of a walk. This has me thinking that it may not have anything to do with things that happened in season 2. It would be super cool if it did, and would make me die of happiness if the 2 mediums even had a hint of meeting in some way. Even if it was just meeting the same person, it would be hella awesome to know that that particular person knows Michonne, and also knows Clem and co.

There are indeed unanswered questions, but I think this will be answering unanswered questions for the comic fans more than us gamers, which I find to be a little odd, unless they plan on answering some game questions too at the same time. Whatever happens, we will just have to wait and see. I watched the stream again, and I guess my hopes of having a character turn up in season 3 has been dashed, as there will be no connection at all.

Who else thinks that would have been a good idea? I mean I like the idea of meeting someone in season 3 that was very loosely connected to Rick, even if it is just a mutual friend of Michonne's. I think TTG are underestimating the potential they have there.

eRock92 posted: »

That's what I was thinking. There are a lot of unanswered questions in "All That Remains": what happened between the end of Season 1 and th

• Wot. Where has it been confirmed?

The games aren't canon to the comics. This has been confirmed before.

• The amount of negative comments is bugging me. People need to get over the fact that their favourite characters are probably not coming back and just beacuse this game might not feature any of the characters you already know doesnt mean thats the end of them. Personally I am excited for this game because I love Michonne and want to know more about her and get the chance to play as her. If youre not interested in that then TellTale isnt forcing you to buy and just wait for S3 and stop commenting on it.TellTale don't owe you anything and don't have to tell you anything about what happens to dead end characters like Christa and Lily, sure they might come back and add to the storyline but as of now their stories are dead.

People asking for a Lee game are just stupid, we saw him from the time the zombies arrived to his time of death.. there is nothing more to show, if they were to do a backstory on Lee it would have to be before the zombies and then its just not the walking dead is it?

Kenny is a tired character who really doesn't need to be in it anymore, he just causes trouble. People who want to know what happened to him after savannah obviousy didnt pay much attention to the game because as he and sarita said, he was barely surviving and ended up starved to almost death in an abandoned restaurant..now would that be an interesting thing to play...no?

Stop crying about it because this game doesnt include them and wait for Season 3, then you might meet your beloved characters again but as far as I can tell this is a standalone mini-series branching off the original story to try something new. If you don't like it don't buy it. Simple.

• edited June 2015

Do you guys by any chance have this picture without the writing on it? It's just that I want it as my desktop picture on my laptop. It looks cool...

Alt text

And plus I loved Michonne on the TV series of the walking dead she's awesome! Although I've never read the comics (I do want to read the comics some day). Any good stores I could buy all the comics from? I could try Ebay but I don't know...

[EDIT]:

Is this the full set? It's not free shipping though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-16-COMICS-BOOK-LOT-GRAPHIC-NOVEL-FREE-SHIPPING-/311380604409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487fbaf5f9

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2015

Here is the image without the logo.

Alt text

Edit: The books in your ebay link fairly far behind the current story so you will also need to buy volumes 17-24.

Looking at the price it might be cheaper to buy the walking dead compendium 1&2 as it will probably be cheaper and it contains the same volumes as the ebay listing but you will still need to buy 17-24 to catch up.

Do you guys by any chance have this picture without the writing on it? It's just that I want it as my desktop picture on my laptop. It looks

• edited June 2015

I saw most people with the full set and it cost above $500 (It costs more where I live sadly).

This comic wow, look how much this one costs in total for just that one... what the...?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-First-Print-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-Robert-Kirkman-Image-Comics-2003-/361294769992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541ed8af48

That's insane...

And plus thanks for that image!!

[EDIT]:

Or I can look at skybound for their comics, I have seen them maybe they have the full set?

OzzyUK posted: »

Here is the image without the logo. Edit: The books in your ebay link fairly far behind the current story so you will also need to bu

• I just want to point out.. That is not a Katana

There.. My work is done :P

Here is the image without the logo. Edit: The books in your ebay link fairly far behind the current story so you will also need to bu

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Michonne doesn't have her katana at that point in the comic story, Ezekiel is looking after it for her.

I just want to point out.. That is not a Katana There.. My work is done :P

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2015

This might be the best thing to buy at the moment http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Vol-1-2-by-Robert-Kirkman-Paperback-/171821195868?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item280157625c

You can also buy digital Walking Dead comics from comixology.

I saw most people with the full set and it cost above $500 (It costs more where I live sadly). This comic wow, look how much this one cos

• Is this good to buy since I'm starting on reading the comics?

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-complete-walking-dead-compendium-1-2-volumes-17-20-issues-1-121

Because I want to start from the beginning...

• Sadly, it may not ship to New Zealand... ;-;

This might be the best thing to buy at the moment http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Vol-1-2-by-Robert-Kirkman-Paperback-/1

• What's that coming close fast? It's the ground and this property is being ran right into it!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That looks good to buy, you will also need volumes 22 and 23 to catch up close to the latest issue which you can buy from comixology and you will be able to read them on your computer.

The Walking Dead Vol. 22: A New Beginning

The Walking Dead Vol. 23: Whispers Into Screams

You will also need volume 24 but it hasn't been released yet so you either wait for it to release or you can buy the individual comic issues 139-142.

Is this good to buy since I'm starting on reading the comics? http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-complete-walking-dead-compendium-1-2-volumes-17-20-issues-1-121 Because I want to start from the beginning...

• I agree, someone with sense.

AlanLeo_7 posted: »

The amount of negative comments is bugging me. People need to get over the fact that their favourite characters are probably not coming back

• i agree but i hope youre wrong :(

Jonny1500 posted: »

What's that coming close fast? It's the ground and this property is being ran right into it!

• Amazing !!! :D

• I understand that, but why make it a game when Robert Kirkham could've created a comic issue dedicated to Michonne, or possibly even a book? Making it a "choice" game just doesn't make sense to me. If anything, it's just a money grab.

As someone who reads the comics, I'm excited about this since we don't know why Michonne left both Ezekiel and Rick and went on her own for,

• AWESOME NEWS!!!!

• He has already done a comic issue dedicated to Michonne before, called the Michonne special, in which it shows some of the events before she meets up with Rick. However, it was a small, 6 page issue. There's obviously a lot to this story that can't be told in one comic issue, and he probably doesn't have the time to work on another book as he's busy with the original comics, two television shows in which he is an executive producer and writer, and several other ongoing comics that he writes. So with his busy schedule, why not have Telltale, who already has made TWD games, both of which he loves, do something involving one of his own characters. If anything, it's a huge compliment that Kirkman just gave Telltale.

OreoAnarchy posted: »

I understand that, but why make it a game when Robert Kirkham could've created a comic issue dedicated to Michonne, or possibly even a book? Making it a "choice" game just doesn't make sense to me. If anything, it's just a money grab.

• Cool! I hope Clem makes a cameo! :)

• It is canon. Lilly isn't canon, but Kirkman confirmed it indeed exists in the same universe.

The games aren't canon to the comics. This has been confirmed before.

• I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT! I've been deeply wondering what happened with her between those issues and stuff and I'm SO excited you don't even know ^-^ I'm glad this is taking place around where the comics stand, and not where the show stands. Personally, the show is great, but the game is even better, and the comics are even better then those two combined. I am so happy to have seen this <3

This discussion has been closed.