Telltale and Skybound Announce 'The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series'

124»

Comments

• I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed. This shit is coming out in the FALL OF 2015? You know what should be coming out this fall? Season 3, that's what. I'm glad we get more TWD, but I don't want to play characters from the show. I want to play characters from the game! I wish this could have been about Christa's time gap or even Kenny's. All in all, I know that Telltale made the right decision in making this, as I'm sure it'll make a shitload of money, but to die hard TWD Game fans like me, it's just annoying. They should have put their resources into getting Season 3 out, not making some stupid DLC about a character I personally find extremely cliche.

• Sure, we don't have to buy it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any effect on us. Telltale pouring their time and resources into making this means Season 3 comes out later. Besides, we're entitled to express our negative opinions just as much as you're entitled to express your positive opinion. Threads are made so people can discuss and debate. Simple.

AlanLeo_7 posted: »

The amount of negative comments is bugging me. People need to get over the fact that their favourite characters are probably not coming back

• You know what should be coming out this fall? Season 3, that's what.

I think there are others who would disagree with you that say they should take their time with Season 3, as some say Season 2 was rushed and not thought out fully.

I don't want to play characters from the show.

You won't be, you'll be playing Michonne from the comics, not from the show since the game is set in the comic universe.

but to die hard TWD Game fans like me, it's just annoying.

If you were a die hard fan of TWD, which includes comics, TV, and game, then I don't understand why you wouldn't be excited about this, as you're having the fantastic writers at Telltale writing one of the comics most popular characters that you will also get to play as.

jules_v_g posted: »

I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed. This shit is coming out in the FALL OF 2015? You know what should be coming out this fall? Seaso

• Alt text

yuck324x posted: »

When I heard something major was going to be released that had to do with The Walking Dead (since Season 3 won't be out this year), I was ho

• I said TWD Game not just TWD. That does not include the comics or the TV show. I'm not not excited about it, more TWD is always good, I just had expectations that were too high. It's too bad, I was hoping for something more game related. I've taken a look at the comics, and I'm not a fan. They move too fast for me. (that might be because I just don't like comics in general, though.) Thanks for the feedback, though. :)

You know what should be coming out this fall? Season 3, that's what. I think there are others who would disagree with you that say t

• I want to watch a traileeeeer!!!

• I cannot wait to get this game. I've been waiting so long for one with Michonne. XD~

• Wait no for the Playstation Vita? :(

• Will it be released on ps vita?

• I want it for vita too. I've seasons1,2 and i don't want to buy it on ps4 again

XtianHawk posted: »

Wait no for the Playstation Vita?

• [removed]

• At least it is something from The Walking Dead Game I'm actually excited to play this!!

• Actually by the point of issue 100 two years are meant to have passed in the comic. Roughly by the point of the campfire scene in Season two episode one two years have also passed in the game. The time skip at the end of All Out War occurs after then. I believe by the point of A New Beginning four years have passed in the comic but only two have passed in the game.

Licky120 posted: »

The thing you're neglecting is, since this is the same as the game universe, it's highly likely we'll meet someone from the game. And since

• No thank you.

• What is up with all the complaining!? I am beyond excited to see how these stories coincide, and Telltale has never disappointed me. You would all be flipping out if we weren't getting any TWD so just be happy with what we are getting! I'm looking forward to whatever Telltale brings out for the walking dead, especially if Robert Kirkman is behind it and you should too. Thanks again Telltale!

• preach you rock for this
    I am so annoyed with all the whining! This miniseries is a huge deal for those of us who watch the show, read the comics and play the games!

AlanLeo_7 posted: »

The amount of negative comments is bugging me. People need to get over the fact that their favourite characters are probably not coming back

• edited June 2015

Meh...not really interested.

TTG should have just spent the time getting their orginal characters a mini-series or work on season 3, rather than a do one about character that has a set in stone future that most fans of the Walking dead world already know about.

• edited June 2015

Meh. I get enough of her story from the show. I was hoping for something more that's unique and separate from the show. A continuation of Clem's story would be neat, but I can see how it might be tricky considering multiple endings from S02 would mean multiple possible beginnings for S03.

Also, freakin' buggy nonsense in S02 never got patched. "We're working on it" indefinitely. Eff that jank.

• Well, this is comic Michonne, not TV Michonne. And also to point out what you said...

Well.. if metallica's comment above about this having no tie in with known characters is true.. then the choices in this won't matter at all..

Technically, none of the cast members of TWD: Season 3 are know. This may be a small glimmer of hope.

MyTwoCents posted: »

Well.. if metallica's comment above about this having no tie in with known characters is true.. then the choices in this won't matter at all

• This is unique and separate from the show. TellTale's The Walking Dead is set in the comic book's universe, not the TV show's universe. Even in that regard, this is unique and separate from the comics because the time period this takes place in has her away from the action and interaction of the comic book cast. Just trying to clarify.

MisterAlex posted: »

Meh. I get enough of her story from the show. I was hoping for something more that's unique and separate from the show. A continuation of Cl

• Does anyone know if this will be on the Ps Vita or will it be in a bundle pack like how it was with Season 1 and 400 Days?

• Nope. I've already seen plenty of Michonne on the show. I have zero interest in playing a TellTale story featuring her. Seasons 1 and 2 were completely separate from the events of the show; the only direct crossover was a single character who is only with your group for a short time at the very beginning.

eRock92 posted: »

This is unique and separate from the show. TellTale's The Walking Dead is set in the comic book's universe, not the TV show's universe. Ev

• Okay! I'll keep that in mind!

OzzyUK posted: »

That looks good to buy, you will also need volumes 22 and 23 to catch up close to the latest issue which you can buy from comixology and you

• I'm psyched to see TWDG start to gain some recognition from Kirkman and tie in closer to the comic series. This will be interesting.

• Technically not even a crossover as that would be a completely different version of Glenn. TV show isn't part of the same canon as the game.

MisterAlex posted: »

Nope. I've already seen plenty of Michonne on the show. I have zero interest in playing a TellTale story featuring her. Seasons 1 and 2 were

• Depends if what will feature any characters from the game. As this would be set two years after season two ended.

BigBlindMax posted: »

I'm psyched to see TWDG start to gain some recognition from Kirkman and tie in closer to the comic series. This will be interesting.

• I really love The Walking Dead but is there gonna be a season 3 because my friend is desperate for a season 3 and he would commit suicide if not. GO THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!

To be honest, not really impressed. Would have much rather played Christa or Kenny's story in the time gaps in the game but whatever. It should still be good.

• Okay this isn't about the Michonne release, it's about the possible return of Lee. Crazy, right? Well maybe not, we last see him the the jewlery shop at the end of season 1 episode 5, at the end of season 1 episode 4 he was bitten but, early on in episode 5 you get the option to cut off Lee's infected arm (which would have to be done), then in the Jewlery shop you are given the option to handcuff Lee, which you wouldn't want to do because otherwise he couldn't go anywhere if he comes back, and lastly you are given the option to shoot Lee as Clemintine, which obviously you couldn't do for this possibility. Now I know some say he was dying and already turning that the paleness and what not proved that. But that could clearly be explained the discoloration could easily be from loss of blood, fatigue, and dehydration after all quote Kenny "Lee tore up half of Georgia looking for you Clem", which could be the reasoning behind him returning after all, this is based off Robert Kirkman's world of the Walking Dead and in the hit TV series of The Walking Dead Hershal had gotten bitten his leg was chopped off and he had passed out from blood loss but he came back alive and conscious as a human so the theory is not so far fetched in fact it's very possible, Lee just passed out, and that's how a living Lee could come back.

• Maybe they are making this because the profit made from this can be put toward an even better season three, but I do agree with you that it would have been more interesting as a fan of THIS game to see Kennys or Christas gaps instead.

jules_v_g posted: »

I said TWD Game not just TWD. That does not include the comics or the TV show. I'm not not excited about it, more TWD is always good, I just

• I agree, I would also would've pre faired this, however, if you choose Kenny in season 2 im pretty sure they will cover more on what happened with him, well atleast i hope they do.I would love to see how Clem found Omid and Christa.

To be honest, not really impressed. Would have much rather played Christa or Kenny's story in the time gaps in the game but whatever. It should still be good.

• SO disappointing. I love Michonne. I love watching her on TV and reading her in the comics. I have no desire to see her in the TWD game though. I'm interested in th game characters, not the ones lifted directly from the series. I want to play the game with original trlltale characters: clementine, Christa, Lily. I don't care what happens to Michonne in the game. I'm really disappointed at the lack of originality.

• Yea but the series 3 wont be made until next year 2016 which Was confirmed a while back

I really love The Walking Dead but is there gonna be a season 3 because my friend is desperate for a season 3 and he would commit suicide if not. GO THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!

• edited June 2015

to be honest we know quite alot about kenny already. Christa and omid before running in to lee and the gang would of been a good one and may be they will do that at some point. but Michonne is a good one and its also a stop gap between now and next year

• [removed]

This discussion has been closed.