Telltale and Skybound Announce 'The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series'

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Series

Announced this morning at E3 in Los Angeles, today we can finally reveal the next installment for The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, set to premiere later this fall!

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret. The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back.

You can expect to see the premiere this fall on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices. You'll need at least the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season Two in order to play The Walking Dead: Michonne, but we'll have more info on that for you closer to the premiere date.

So why did we choose Michonne for Telltale's first-ever mini-series? Robert Kirkman and Telltale's own Kevin Bruner can tell you more...

"In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her," said Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead. "In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap."

"Michonne's complexity and range make her an ideal lead for the compelling interactive drama fans have come to expect from Telltale," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "With this mini-series, players will experience Michonne's challenges first-hand, and the choices they make will shape her journey. We're incredibly honored by Robert for the opportunity to share this untold story in The Walking Dead universe."

As ever, stay tuned to Telltale Games on Twitter, Facebook, and right here on the blog for the latest updates as they happen!

Comments

• To be honest, not really impressed. Would have much rather played Christa or Kenny's story in the time gaps in the game but whatever. It should still be good.

• edited June 2015

• Well, I'm looking forward to it!

• I am BEYOND pumped to play this.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I wouldn't have expected such a deep tie-in with the comic series, so as a comic fan, I find this to be great news

I wonder who's getting the honor of voicing Michonne?

• Dissapointed TBH i dont want to have to read the comics to play the game hopefully this wont be the case but so far not so good telltale :(

• This sounds fantastic, I can't wait, especially considering the timeline they will be focusing on, I've been wondering why she left Rick and Ezekiel.

• edited June 2015

I was really hoping telltale would move past comic characters. I'm a little disappointed. What's the time period for this by the way?

• No dates?? DaFUQ? Atlease hint a release month ....

• I'm more interested in a third season for the original The Walking Dead game series, especially with the mystery around Christa and the survival of Kenny. Though I will still check this out.

• edited June 2015

Probably the actress from the TV show.

Deltino posted: »

I wouldn't have expected such a deep tie-in with the comic series, so as a comic fan, I find this to be great news I wonder who's getting the honor of voicing Michonne?

• edited June 2015

I am really excited about this and that also makes season one and season two cannonical, jokes on you people who were saying that they are not.

Alt text

They've done a good job of breaking down everything you need to know with the rest of their series. You don't really need to read Fables to understand TWAU, do you? Sure, having the background helps, but it's not required by any means.

With the story they're planning on telling with Michonne, it looks like it's going to be able to stand on it's own without requiring the comics. At most, there will be a few spoilers about the more recent happenings in the comics, but that will probably be it.

Tomi021 posted: »

Dissapointed TBH i dont want to have to read the comics to play the game hopefully this wont be the case but so far not so good telltale

• The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back.

AAA_Jane posted: »

I was really hoping telltale would move past comic characters. I'm a little disappointed. What's the time period for this by the way?

• hope youre right

Deltino posted: »

They've done a good job of breaking down everything you need to know with the rest of their series. You don't really need to read Fables to

• edited June 2015

Sorry, I meant like years and how long she's been alone. I don't keep up with the comics.

The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, p

• I do believe they said they will have more information at Comic Con, and that's in like another month, so we will have to wait until then. For now, we know that it will be released sometime in the fall.

harsha posted: »

No dates?? DaFUQ? Atlease hint a release month ....

• premiere this fall on PC/Mac ...

• I'm more interesting in Season 3 since I discovered that this DLC won't be related to the previous Telltale's games or S3. Of course, I'm curious how this will turn out but... well, not what I expected.

• @puzzlebox You guys should just make a direct adaptation game series based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic book series. It'd be a great alternative for the fans, and newcomers alike.

• This game should be a standalone title, not a S2 DLC. It have nothing to do with the game, and probably aren't going to influence in nothing... '-'

I'm still disappointed, but I will play it anyway.

• I will play only for zombies....and yeah i will change the protagonist with swap if it is possible.

If we get to see the Telltale rendition of Rick, even if just for a second, that'd be amazing

Or any of the comic characters, really

• What the hell no PlayStation vita version

• I know Telltale confirmed that this wouldn't focus on game characters we already know, but I think they'll tie something in with Christa considering they said you need to play the first episode.

• I am so mad, why won't they just make another game with Clem, please telltale I am begging you to make more clementine games they are amazing.
    Every one of my friends ore dying for it, and you guys left us on a cliff hanger. Does Clem ever see Kenny again if she does to Wellington what happens to Clem and A.J.

• sorry telltale games but this doesnt really impress me im afraid your all going to have to do better than this because one thing i really hate is mini series so unfortunately i wont be buying this one what a disapointment from you guys.

• Sad to say but I'll skip this entry into the Walking Dead universe. I've never been a Michonne fan and to be honest I don't really care where she was during the time jump of the comics.

• Yeah I want season 3 also!

Tewudin posted: »

I'm more interesting in Season 3 since I discovered that this DLC won't be related to the previous Telltale's games or S3. Of course, I'm curious how this will turn out but... well, not what I expected.

• But Michone is much more popular than Glenn.

• Don't we have to expect that there will be no Vita versions of anything any more though? Vita is now a Legacy System.

dastheman posted: »

What the hell no PlayStation vita version

• The thing you're neglecting is, since this is the same as the game universe, it's highly likely we'll meet someone from the game. And since the time skip coincides with the time after Omid died, and when Christa and Clementine get separated, it's highly we'll meet them as well. We might figure out what happened to Christa's baby.

AAA_Jane posted: »

Sorry, I meant like years and how long she's been alone. I don't keep up with the comics.

• When I heard something major was going to be released that had to do with The Walking Dead (since Season 3 won't be out this year), I was hoping for something more focused on the characters in Season 1 or Season 2- not a TV show character. Michonne didn't play a role in any of the Telltale Walking Dead games. No idea why they are now making something about her.

Long story short, I am majorly disappointed. I wanted to know more about other characters backstories (Kenny, Lee, Christa, etc.) Not someone who played no role in the games up to this point.

• Remember guys, since this is during the "16 months later" time skip, we might meet Clementine and Christa and figure out what happened between that time.

• Slightly disappointed because I haven't got anywhere near that far in the comics (end of Vol 2, reading very slowly) and now I feel like I'll have to do so so I can play this. The mini series concept is nice and I don't mind something self contained but I would have much preferred something tied to the game characters. Kenny between Season 1 and Season 2, what happened to the game Lily (since she's been defined as a different character) a story with the 400 Days characters expanding of what happened to them before and after the store fell or the like. This really just seems like something to attract specific fans outside the games to me.

• Vintage Telltale!

• So if it's a Mini-Series, how many episodes long will it be? Just the one? Or two or three?

• sorry people and telltale staff but no way im buying this one not for any amount of money. i hate mini series never have liked them im truly very disapointed in your guys and you make it all out to be so exciting well im sorry this doesnt WOW me or inpress me no sale on this one sorry guys

This discussion has been closed.