Your thoughts about Handsome Jack?

124»

Comments

• My favorite antagonist in any video game

• He is an extremely compelling villain and is equally just as likable. Gearbox created a unique beast and you can tell they regret offing him in BL2.

• I think jack is a very charismatic villain, hell I played borderlands 2 and knew what he had done and what he was capable of. With that said as I was playing tales I found myself growing to like him and actually think that he could change. I was buddy buddy with him every episode, except for at the end of episode 4 I just couldn't shake the feeling that jack was just using me for his own gain. Sure enough when I declined his offer he showed his true colors. Jack can be very scary when he wants to be -_-

• He's brilliant, one of my favourite video game villains period. And that was even before I played Tales or the Pre-Sequel. I even love him more in both of those games. He's such a messed up and compelling character. He's also entertaining as hell to watch and listen to with his cocky attitude and pretty... horrible sense of humour. Jack also has a soft side that actually makes me feel really sorry for the guy at times (at times mind you, he still is pretty nasty) with Angel's death and getting backstabbed by Lilith and Moxxi

• I love Jack a lot.

He's honestly one of the best villains in any game that I have ever seen. His character is so well written and hilarious, he fits Borderlands so much.

• They're not impostors if they're on my payroll, kiddo.

@HandsomeJack looks like we have an imposter on our hands.

• He died because he liked pizza.

Makes you think, though... Or something. I dunno, I just felt like saying something.

I like Jack, hence being on my top 5 favorite characters list from Borderlands.Well, just because I like him doesn't mean I'll do everythin

• I would die for the dankest meme, here's an example

enter image description here

He died because he liked pizza. Makes you think, though... Or something. I dunno, I just felt like saying something.

• I'm not sure if I like him or hate him. Or both. xD

• Simple answer: I love Handsome Jack.
    More detailed answer; I love Handsome Jack with a passion and I would love nothing more than to have him show up in more games, which apparently a lot of other Borderlands players don't want.
    See, I played TFTB first, and I played as sweet Rhys who didn't trust Jack (not knowing anything about his history at all, I was pretty much a Rhysie gal at the time. HOWEVER; Jack just... he totally blindsided me and I got the Borderlands trilogy to find out his whole story (because reading it doesn't do it justice...) Anyway - long to short = I cried like a bitch because I have no chance to side with him and the assholes literally forced me to side against him. I mean, I would love it to be more like TellTales Games, and have the choice between the two... Honestly, I will be very disappointed if Handsome Jack isn't in anymore games because he is such a fabulous character and yes, I can admit I have a minor obsession with the guy now, but still - he's Handsome Goddamn Jack; who can blame me?

• I love Jack...

RedHounds posted: »

A- A- Ahem! Ladies and gentlemen. Behold. I know its not part of TFTBL, but common! You cannot get enough of that!

• edited September 2017

Personally? He's a wonderful antagonist to the game and performs his role very well.

But as a person? I hate Jack, I really do. He's a horrific totalitarian dictator who launched a bloody 3-year war of conquest on Pandora, kills his own employees daily, electrocutes and abuses his own daughter, barely cares for his girlfriend, has no problem killing and torturing children, tries to be Benito Mussolini in space, subjects native Pandorans to horrific experiments and even as an AI, he's only out for himself. Hell, killing him at the end of BL2 was fun.

Sure, sure, the Pre-Sequel humanized him a little, but to me it just showed how far gone he was by BL2-TPS was him just getting started. I never liked Jack as a person, never found him endearing to begin with, and I'm confused to why people sympathize with him so much now. If you only played TFTB, you're missing out on quite a bit-for me BL2 really shows how terrible and murderous of a person he really is.

I'd honestly prefer that we pick a new antagonist for BL3, and wipe out any trace of Jack-except for a few posters here and there. He's a great antagonist but we've had our fun together, and if we use him again it'll be too repetitive.

On the other hand, I will admit that I find his "New Haven spoon story" funny. So there's that.

• He is a very interesting character, but I don't like him as a person.

• Honestly jack was portrayed as more of a fallen hero in anything but this. Id reccomend playing them (pre sequel and then borderlands 2 if you're doing it chronologically) to get a much better understanding of his motives and "fall from grace". Sadly I think playing this game first will skew your view of him, and they got some stuff wrong IMO.

• Ok I should elaborate on what I think was wrong about jack

1:he wouldn't kill off all of hyperion, even if he is looking for info. Its just dumb. He does think all of Pandora is like a bandit theme park (which I mean...hes not wrong) but killing off hyperion entire space station is just backwards, even for him.

2: hes not doing it the right way, but he is trying to just get rid of bandits (including vault hunters, who he considers even worse than bandits since he hunts vault technology down (my guess is just to use it all against bandits) so he considers himself the good guy. (Telltale at least somewhat acknowledges this, when you are asked what you'd do with all the power hed give you you can answer "try to fix Pandora" and he responds that hes tried the same thing) but through any other dialogue you'd think he knows hes the bad guy.

Honestly jack was portrayed as more of a fallen hero in anything but this. Id reccomend playing them (pre sequel and then borderlands 2 if y

• Also I don't know if dlc would give me a better understanding of jack, but from the vanilla games and read deeper than "oh hes a funny bad guy" hes a great antagonist.

Ok I should elaborate on what I think was wrong about jack 1:he wouldn't kill off all of hyperion, even if he is looking for info. Its ju

• To understand Jack, you really need to complete all borderland series, especiall the pre-sequel, at the same time, pay very close attention to some of the things he said during the game through out the BL2 and TPS...
    I have very recently finished the pre-sequel, and now by knowing the story of the Tales from the borderlands,
    i can't help but to feel sorry for this poor man.

Has he done some unspeakable evil things? hell yah, and he's doing it well, with style :D
    Has he done good things?
    Yes as well, not just in pass during pre-sequel, but also during the main borderlands story line...
    This guy wanted to be a hero, a bit delusional, with a touch of crazy,
    but at one time, even till now,
    his intentions where somewhat pure, and he care about people, even those who hated him and hurt him deep,
    and he was betrayed by almost everyone around him...
    with all the things he know (play pre-sequal to find out if you haven't),
    and all the things he's been through since childhood, i can't really blame him for going insane and turn evil...

bottom line is, i don't think he is that evil,
    crazy, definately yes, but not evil, and i think in a way, i can understand this poor man...
    TBH i don't think Handsome Jack' story is finished here, even though he is dead (or is he?)
    I hope he comes back in later series and finishes,
    or maybe another new(old?) charactor will carry on his legacy and achieve what he always wanted,
    a save place for people to live in that crazy savage world.

PS: I hate lilith...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.