Morham - Interactive Story

Comments

• edited October 2015

Thanks mate, I'm really glad you waited this long. I definitely did take my time :P

[Ignore it] Yeah, no... I'm definitely not helping that psychopath. That was a great first part! I'm glad this has started

• Thanks man! And thanks for submitting him, I have some big plans for him. This story has seriously amazing characters :- D

mr.quality posted: »

[Try to distract her] Well, rushing to the radio is bound to draw attention and doing nothing would be boring. Soo... Great start man! This has a lot of room to grow!

• [Ignore it]

finlander posted: »

Gregory Redmen 5th of June 2016 - 10.12 PM It was raining again. It's cold and nobody was walking in the streets. Why? You'll figure

• [Try to distract her]

Gregory Redmen 5th of June 2016 - 10.12 PM It was raining again. It's cold and nobody was walking in the streets. Why? You'll figure

• Yoo, I had no idea you were reading this super :-D If you wanna submit some characters, the submission will always be open

supersagig posted: »

[Try to distract her]

• [Close the radio]

• [Ignore it]

• Voting closed!

[Ignore it]

• Just for yall to know, I've been sick for a while now so I haven't exactly had the energy to do any writing. I've started it though and it's in a pretty good state, so expect it to come out in the near future.

While you're waiting, here's a video about Finland and Finnish culture :-DD Have a great one guys.

enter link description here

• Hey, i just found your story. Looks promising. I just submitted my character, hope it takes your interest.

• Added her to the list, she's awesome.

Mathea posted: »

Hey, i just found your story. Looks promising. I just submitted my character, hope it takes your interest.

• Glad you like her. Had fun creating her.

Added her to the list, she's awesome.

• edited October 2015

Gregory Redmen

5th of June 2016 - 10.21 PM

[Ignore it]

"... Working boots and jeans. If you have seen anyone with this outfit walking near the area, please contact the police department as soon as possible." The woman in the radio continued.

Julia looked over her shoulder at Gregory, who was taking his clothes off. "Greg honey, those are the exact clothes you are wearing..." Julia said and took a few steps towards him.

"So what are you trying to say? That I did it?" Gregory laughed. "I have barely any time for you and our son because of my work, so what makes you think that I'd have time for murdering people?" Gregory continued.

"I'm not saying you did it, I just think it's really weird. I mean, you had blood on your shirt earlier, what was that about?" Julia backed away.

"I already told you honey, it was a work accident. One of the guys fell and cut his arm really bad, so I had to help him. It's kind of hard to not get blood all over you when doing that." Gregory said, now in his underwear.

"That's... Odd... Maybe we could get some sleep, I'm sure the police has more information by tomorrow." Julia answered, turned around and walked to the bed room.

"Let's do that. Some really shady shit is going on in this city, don't worry about one case." Gregory answered and followed her.

(?) Julia is now suspicious.

Carol Keohan

5th of June 2016 - 11.04 PM

The sirens of the police cars could be heard a mile away from the crime scene where a man had been murdered. It's kind of funny how they care now when the victim was an undercover cop, usually the murders just keep getting ignored like they wouldn't even matter. The crime scene was a couple of blocks away from the café Carol was working in.

Her shift had just got to it's end and she had already changed her clothes. It was raining outside and she didn't have an umbrella with her, so she wasn't in the best possible mood. She did the usual, turned the lights off, cleaned the tables, locked all the doors and made sure the place was ready for tomorrow.

After finishing all the tasks, she put on her black leather jacket and looked at her face with her phone's front camera. Her long brown hair was open, as always. She still had her make-up on, too bad it will probably wash away outside. She looked a lot like her mother, especially her dark brown eyes were exactly like hers. She wasn't bothered by her genes, since many considered her really beautiful.

She then sent a message to her dad if he was home. Her father was one of the wealthiest people living in this city and the café where Carol worked in was his. She was in a constant threat of getting kidnapped or worse because of this, so she kept a very low profile.

Carol herself had just graduated from high school this year and was heading to college next fall. She herself wasn't sure what to think about it, since it was pretty much her parents who decided if she wanted to go or not. It was probably for the best to get a degree though.

"No honey, I'm taking your mom to that new restaurant. We'll come back in a couple of hours, be safe!" Her father answered. Carol sighed and put her phone away. "Fucking hell.." She thought and stepped outside.

As she did that she noticed that the rain had gone even worse. What an end to a shitty night. It was really dark too, thank god the street lights worked in this part of the city. She hated walking home alone, especially this late, since majority of the crimes happened at night.

She had a red hoodie under her leather jacket, so she used the hood on her head to prevent her hair from getting wet. She looked pretty shady, but that was a good thing to be honest. She could feel her phone vibrating again, so she took it out from her pocket and looked who it was.

It was an unknown number, trying to call her. Probably another prank call from her friends, they did that all the time. Or then it was her parents, they didn't want people to get their numbers so they used the unknown status always, even when calling Carol. Whoever it was, it was pretty strange they were calling this late.

[Answer it]

[Ignore it]

• [Answer it]

I usually don't answer unknown calls when i don't expect any, but i am curious what she will hear - and most importantly - she will be more suspicious something can happen after picking it up.

Gregory Redmen 5th of June 2016 - 10.21 PM [Ignore it] "... Working boots and jeans. If you have seen anyone with this outfit wal

• [Answer it]

Gregory Redmen 5th of June 2016 - 10.21 PM [Ignore it] "... Working boots and jeans. If you have seen anyone with this outfit wal

• [Answer it] Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Great part man!

• [Answer it]

• [Answer it]

• [Answer it]

• Voting closed!

[Answer it]

• Carol Keohan

5th of June 2016 - 11.10 PM

[Answer it]

"God damn it.." She mumbled and answered the phone, expecting one of her friends to answer. "Who's calling?" She asked the caller.

But there was no answer. Carol sighed out of frustration, "Come on guys, come up with something new, these cliches are getting old."

"Oh, the call was on already. Sorry honey, this phone is messing with me all the time." Carol recognized the caller as her father.

"Why can't you just call me with your real number, I get really freaked out every time someone calls me from an unidentified number." Carol answered to him, with a reliefed tone.

"You know why, Carol. I was just calling that the door is locked, we left the keys under the door mat." He said.

"Talking about cliches..." Carol said with a small grin on her face.

"At least you know where to look for it now, be safe. Don't want you to end up in the news as a girl gone missing. We love you!" Her dad answered.

"Stop it dad. I'm paranoid enough already. See you soon." Carol said and ended the call.

Carol put her phone away and pulled her hood closer to her face. At least she wouldn't have to wait in the rain for a couple of hours now that she knew where the key was. She started heading to the way to her home, not hearing the foot steps behind her.

Gregory Redmen

6th of June 2016 - 1.32 AM

"Gaah!"

Gregory rose up from his bed, all sweaty and shaky. Another damn nightmare. It had been some time since the last one, so this was strange for them to come back now.

He looked at the clock, 1.32 AM. "Fuck!" He tried to whisper, but said it out really loud. He checked if Julia had woken up, but thankfully she hadn't. Gregory took a sip from a water glass that had been left on the night table and walked to the kitchen.

He sat down on the chair where his clothes were thrown. He noticed some blood stains on his jeans, but ignored them. He took the pack of cigarettes from his jeans' pocket and took one cigarette out. He placed it on his mouth and lit it on fire with his lighter.

He opened the kitchen window, which of course had no curtains, so all the people in the streets could see his half naked body. It didn't bother him though, since he was in a pretty good shape. He could see his reflection from the window because it was so dark outside. He noticed how his hair was a lot longer than the last time he looked in the mirror.

After smoking for a while and feeling a bit more relaxed, he started putting his clothes on, knowing that he couldn't sleep anymore.

As he rose up to close the window, he noticed something weird. Julia's phone, that had been left on the kitchen table, had received 2 messages. Gregory picked the phone up, but decided to ignore it, thinking it was for the best to not go lurking his wife's messages.

He then went to the living room, which was really small, to watch the tv. Nothing special was on at this hour, but it was the only thing that kept him from getting too bored. He tried to change the channels to see if anything was on, but unsuccesfully.

Ding

It was Julia's phone. Gregory took a deep breath and got up from the couch to see what it was this time. He walked to the kitchen and looked at the screen. It was from the same number that had sent the 2 former messages. Now his curiosity started to grow.

[Check the messages]

[Ignore the messages]

i'm reallyreallyreallyreallyreally sorry for this to come out so late. I hope y'all haven't lost all of your faith in me just yet, I'm just terrible at scheduling anything. Anyways, my birthday is coming up this weekend, as well as our independence day (How the hell do you write it :-D), so I won't probably come up with much this weekend. I should also probably start catching up on all of the stories I'm following :D

• [Check the messages]

Carol Keohan 5th of June 2016 - 11.10 PM [Answer it] "God damn it.." She mumbled and answered the phone, expecting one of her fri

• [Check the messages]

Glad you are back and happy birthday for you :-)

• Hey, welcome back! Happy early birthday man.

[Check the messages]

I mean, nothing wrong can come out of it? Right?

Great part!

Carol Keohan 5th of June 2016 - 11.10 PM [Answer it] "God damn it.." She mumbled and answered the phone, expecting one of her fri

• [Ignore the messages] I am curious, I admit it, but in my opinion, checking your spouse's phone is a no go in a relationship.

It's great that this story is back :D Happy birthday in advance, hope you have a great day!

• Carol Keohan

5th of June 2016 - 11.42 PM

"Shit!"

Carol yelled out loud as she stepped on a puddle of water, making her right foot all wet. Thankfully she was already in front of her home. Her family lived in a mansion-like building, in the eastern side of the city. Carol opened the gate to the yard by putting her finger on a finger scanner, which then opened the gate if the finger had been identified.

She walked in to the yard, as the gate closed behind her. Instead of getting wet in the yard, she ran to the door as fast as she could. She took the key from under the door mat and placed it to the lock and opened the door.

"Home sweet home.." She whispered to herself as she stepped inside. She threw her jacket to the floor and took her shoes off, as they were used to in her house hold. She sighed out of frustration as she started turning the lights on.

She immediately went lying on the living room couch and turned the tv on. She started changing the channels in hope of finding something good, but as usual she didn't find any of the shows enjoyable.

Since had nothing else to do, she decided to watch some stupid action movie from the television. It was one of those gun blazing movies with no real plot at all. Carol was more into horror movies.

Slowly her eyes started to close. After her work shift, she was really tired. It didn't take long after she was asleep.

"Huh?" Carol woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

Carol took her phone out from her pocket with her eyes still closed, as she was still very tired. She cracked her eyes open a bit and looked at the clock. 1.27 am. Who the hell was calling her at this time?

"Carol." She answered the call.

"Carol! Thank god you're awake!" The caller answered.

"Yeah well you woke me up. What's wrong Dana?" She regognized the caller as her best friend, Dana.

"You've got to come here! Someone is trying to... Oh god....!!" The call ended abruptly.

Carol rose up from the couch in a heart beat. She dialed Dana's number to the phone and tried to call her again, but she didn't answer her. She started to panic.

She was clearly in trouble. Should she call the cops or go there herself? The cops won't probably do shit, but it's way safer than going to that part of the town herself.

[Call the police]

[Go there by herself]

Gregory Redmen

6th of June 2016 - 1.36 AM

[Check the messages]

Gregory held the phone on his hands for a moment. Someone messaging her at this time was really weird, so he decided to take a look. The messages were sent from an unknown number. There had not been any previous conversation with this person, at least not by text messages.

"Call me in the morning." Was the first message. The second one was a bit more confusing, "Tell them you don't have work tomorrow."

It was nothing special, but it was worth checking for. Gregory didn't think too much of it, since he didn't like to get involved with Julia's friends.

He put the phone down and went back lying to the couch. He took another cigarette out and lit it on fire. It wasn't exactly the best choice to smoke in an aparment that a kid lived in, but his addiction had gone too far to go all the way down to the yard and smoke there.

After a while he heard coughing from Junior's room, so he decided to toss the cigarette and check out if he had woken up. He rose up from the couch and slowly headed to Junior's room. He cracked the door open for a bit to see if he was asleep.

He didn't see anything, as Junior didn't have any windows in his room. Not the best choice for a damn 7 years old kid, but at least he even had a room. Gregory had requested that they would give their room for him, but Julia didn't want to do that.

He turned the lights on, because he knew Junior wouldn't wake up from that. Thankfully, he was asleep. He was about to close the door, when he noticed a drawing on his table. He walked into the room and looked at it a little closer.

The drawing had 3 figures holding hands, one named as "mom" and the smallest one named as "me". The biggest one was not named at all, but Gregory figured out it was him.

He smiled as he turned the lights off and left the room. It had been quite some time since he last smiled.

Suddenly his phone vibrated. He had got an email from someoene. "I know you are awake. Get your ass to the old motel, now." It said.

Gregory sighed. He looked back at Junior's door and squeezed his palms. He put his jacket on and placed yet another cigarette on his mouth, but not lighting it yet.

"Let's see what this is about..." He said to himself and left the apartment.

Was originally planning on releasing this on friday, but my weekend plans got into my way. Here it is though, new characters about to be introduced soon.

• Hey, awesome part! I'm liking it a lot so far!

[Call the police]

Um... Why would you go running to a friend that you know is being attacked or otherwise assaulted alone? I'm hoping the police would respond seriously to a possible kidnapping or maybe even murder. Rape, assault, seriously. The list of what could be happening right now starts at Murder and ends at prank. And I'm not going to risk a life on the idea that it might be a prank. I seriously doubt this is a prank, really.

Once again, great part!

Carol Keohan 5th of June 2016 - 11.42 PM "Shit!" Carol yelled out loud as she stepped on a puddle of water, making her right foot

• [Call the police]

Carol Keohan 5th of June 2016 - 11.42 PM "Shit!" Carol yelled out loud as she stepped on a puddle of water, making her right foot

• [Call the police]

Exactly what Quality said. Going there alone is extremely risky, especially since Carol lampshaded it at the very end of her part. Hopefully the cops will react, but I doubt Carol could do anything on her own either way.

• [Call the police]

• I just realized that I have not informed you about my tablet being broken for almost a month now. I thought that I had already told you, but apparently I hadn't :-P Don't worry though, I got my laptop back yesterday so I can write on it now.

So yeah, just wanted to tell you why I haven't uploaded any parts lately. I'm on winter vacation at the moment, so I'll surely put something up this week. Maybe even today or tomorrow.

• Gregory Redmen

6th of June 2016 - 1:54 AM

There he was, standing in front of the so called old motel. Why it was called that, he didn't know. He just knew that this was the motel that the sender of that email meant. He wasn't actually even sure what its real name was, as he had never bothered to look.

He looked around him before stepping in. He saw nobody, so he decided to go into the motel. He opened the door and stepped in. There was nobody in the lounge, nor in the reception. The only sign of life was a glimpse of light coming from under the door of one of the rooms in the hallway.

"Hello?" Gregory yelled, but nobody answered, as he expected. He just stood there for a moment, having no idea where to go next. That was, until the door of the room with the lights opened.

He figured that was where he was supposed to go, so he walked over to the door and looked trough the opening. The light was coming from an old tv. The channel had been set to some foreign news channel and the volume was turned off.

He then stepped inside. The floor made a really loud sound with every footstep he took. The room had dust floating all over the air, the windows looked like they hadn't been opened in years. The motel was known for having the shittiest rooms in any motel in the town. Mostly homeless people and drug dealers stayed in there.

He didn't see anyone. No notes, no audio tapes, nothing. He opened some of the drawers in the room, but they contained nothing. He then opened the fridge, but found no clues there either. There was a bottle of beer though, so he took it and opened it, thinking that whoever had left it there wouldn't mind. He sat down to a wooden chair and took a sip from the bottle.

”Your momma never told you not to steal?” He suddenly heard a voice saying. A tall man walked into the room, smoking a cigarette.

”I don't see a name on it.” Gregory answered to the man. He didn't like people sneaking up on him.

”Shut your fucking mouth up, Redmen. I'm pretty sure you know why you are here.” The man grabbed a chair and sat in front of him, now revealing his face. He was a middle-aged man with a graying brown hair. His face was covered with a brown beard that really smelled like cigarettes. He wasn't a good looking man, but rather harsh looking.

”Nope. I haven't got the faintest idea.” He said and took yet another sip.

The man then looked at Gregory, with a large, mean looking grin splitting his face. ”Burt Aframiam, a police officer. Nice to meet you.” He blew the smoke from his cigarette to Gregory's face.

Gregory sighed. ”Get to the fucking point . You here to arrest me or what?”

Burt bursted out laughing. ”You really think I'd invite you here to arrest you? I could had arrested you a long time ago if I wanted, boy.”

”Then why am I here? I'm pretty sure you didn't invite me here just to chit-chat.” Gregory answered, raising his voice a little.

Burt blew more smoke to his face and moved his bench closer to Gregory. ”Michael West. That name ring any bells?”

”I heard about him on the news. What about him?” Gregory said, still keeping his pokerface.

”Stop acting dumb, Redmen. I know it was you.” Burt answered, bringing his face real close to Gregory´s face.

Gregory remained silent for a moment. ”What do you want from me?”

Burt kept looking him in the eye for a brief moment, until he suddenly rose up. ”You need to understand the consequences of your little hobby. Not only have you alerted the whole police deparment of the damn city, but you have also made the life of some very influencal men much more difficult than they have to be.”

Gregory calmly drank some more beer. ”So, which side are you representing? Are you here because you and your buddies back at the station want to use me? Or have you been sent to kill me by some mob boss?”

Burt laughed with the very deep voice he had and threw his cigarette to the ground. ”Oh Gregory… Oh, how much I wanted to kill you the moment I found out what you did tonight. But I couldn't. Not because I didn't have the balls for it, but because some gentlemen downstairs told me not to. The man you killed was my friend. But because of my… connections, he was also an enemy.”

”Why am I here?” Gregory asked with a very frustrated tone.

Burt let out a sigh. ”I don't know if you already know about me and frankly, I don't care. Long story short, I have some contacs in the world of organized crime. I'm not talking about some little pocket thieves, I'm talking about drug lords, mafia and so on. I let them get away with some cases and in return they give me help whenever I need it.”

He took another cigarette out before continuing. ”So yeah, to the point. When you decided to go ahead and kill one of the most appreciated police officers in our department, the media obviously went nuts. We're continuing our witch hunt until we find out who the killer is. You see, there isn't a single cop in the city who knows who the killer is. Except me. If you'd like to keep it that way, I'd suggest you to listen to me very carefully.”

Gregory drank the rest of the beer and nodded. ”Alright, I'm listening.”

”Good, good. I'm giving you two options here. You did a very big favour to my contacs by erasing Michael from this city. But you also brought some really big problems to them. The police has started nosing around everywhere, anyone who seems too suspicious will be interrogated and his or her background will be investigated. So, the first option is this. You will meet some of my contacts and help them by any means necessary. You will be paid very well and the police will never find out that it was you who was behind Michael's murder, as long as you keep working for them. The downside is, that most of my contacs are really, really, really big time criminals and don't play around. One mistake and you might as well end up dead. You would also possibly become an enemy of the police.” Burt said.

”Option number two. You come work for me. There are some things that I as a police officer can't do, so I need someone to take care of them. I'm warning you already though, you will not get paid very well from this, but it's a hell of a lot safer than option one. You might get enemies from the underworld, but that isn't even close to the risks you would be taking in option one. You would also make the city a safer place to live. You would also get protection from me, if you'd ever get into trouble with the police.” Burt finished.

Gregory dropped the bottle to the ground and stood up. ”And why would I ever do either of those things? I'm in no need of employment at the moment, so I could just as well deny those options. I can survive on my own man.”

Burt let out a maniac-like laugh after hearing that. ”Because you don't exactly have a choice here. I'm not here on my own will. If I was, I would had already fucking killed you. I can't stand murderers. I was sent here by my contacts to talk to you about your options. You've heard them now. It's time to choose. If you walk out that door without choosing, your whole family will be in more danger than you could ever. Fucking. Imagine.”

Gregory now realized what he had gotten himself into. He was in no position to back down anymore. Help criminals and finally solve your family's money problems, or help the cops.

[Help the criminals]

[Help the cops]

• [Help the cops]

I feel a vigilante vibe. I like the idea of a vigilante. Yeah, maybe the pay won't be as good, but friends in blue definitely can't hurt. And also,

You would also make the city a safer place to live.

Safety. Vigilante. Safety. Vigilante.

Gregory Redmen- Vigilante.

Gregory Redmen 6th of June 2016 - 1:54 AM There he was, standing in front of the so called old motel. Why it was called that, he did

• [Help the cops]

Gregory Redmen 6th of June 2016 - 1:54 AM There he was, standing in front of the so called old motel. Why it was called that, he did

• [Help the cops]

Still not too fond of Gregory, but this sounds like the better option overall. Also, it involves Burt, which is a good thing :D

• [Help the cops]

Hi, Im new to this story! I like it and I have submitted a character.

• Gregory Redmen

6th of June 2016 – 2:05 AM

[Help the cops]

”So, what's it gonna be?” Burt said, looking him in the eye.

Gregory waited for a moment before answering. ”What exactly would I have to do, if I'd work for you?”

”Like I said, things that I, as a police officer can't do myself.” Burt answered.

”Answer my question.” Gregory said, with a mean tone.

Burt brought his face close to Gregory's. ”If you want a taste of what's in for you, meet me at the central park tomorrow at 9 PM. I'll be with you for your first gig, but after that, you're on your own. But first I need to know, are you in? There's no backing down from this.”

Gregory gulped. ”Alright, I'm in. I'll meet you there.” He said and started heading to the door immediately.

”There's still one thing left for you to know.” Burt said to Gregory who was already on his way out.

”And that is?” Gregory quickly turned around to listen.

”You will not tell anybody about this. What we're doing must stay a secret between you and me, is that clear?” Burt said, lowering his tone.

”I hear you.” Gregory answered.

”Good. If anybody else than my contacts find about our little deal, we're both going to be in a situation where there's nothing that can help us. Now hush. I got things to do.” Burt said, waving his hand to the door.

Gregory turned around and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. He took two cigarettes out, placed them both on his mouth and lit them both on fire as he walked outside to the rainy night.

”What the fuck have I gotten myself into...” He silently whispered as he started wandering trough the streets.

Burt Aframiam

6th of June 2016 - 2:07 AM

Burt slammed the door behind him as he leaved the motel room. He stepped outside, but didn't walk to the parking lots. He walked past a few blocks and turned to an alley, where he had parked his police car. It wasn't in the best possible condition, but neither was it's owner. Most of the police vehicles in the city were in pretty bad condition overall.

He opened the front door and went inside. He felt much warmer almost immediately. He took a deep breath and took a cell phone from his pockets. He dialed a number and placed the key to the car.

It beeped a few times, which was usual for the people he was interacting with. As he was waiting for someone to pick up, he looked at the rear-view mirror and noticed how he had gotten more gray hairs.

”Blue or red?” A man suddenly answered the call.

”Yellow multiplied by seven.” Burt answered.

”Good evening, Burt. I hope you're bringing us some good news.” The man answered with a smoothing voice.

”Tell Tommy that Redmen decided to come work for me. He will start tomorrow.” Burt said.

”I'll be sure to do that. But before continuing, did you make sure that he will not mess with our business? It's your responsibility from now on to make sure he only does things that help your career, without hurting our organization.” The man answered.

Burt waited for a moment before answering. ”Yes.”

”I'm going to take your word for it. Be aware though, Gregory Redmen is an incredibly dangerous man with a very dirty background. You must be careful with him.” The man answered.

Burt sighed. ”Don't worry about me. I've dealt with worse. Just make sure Tommy gets to know about this.”

”Sure. Was there anything else?” The man asked.

Burt heard the police radio turning on. ”No, not now. Speak to you later.”

”Stay safe.” The man said and ended the call.

Burt leaned back to his seat and threw the phone to the passenger seat. He turned the volume of the police radio up. ”… not clear yet what happened, but it could be a possible kidnapping or a murder. Any free..”

He quickly grabbed the radio and answered. ”I'll take that.”

”Alright, I'll send you the location.” The woman in the police radio answered. The system they used to emergencies in Morham wasn't the same as in other cities, as their police forces were much smaller than in many other cities.

Burt turned the keys to get the car running. It took a few times as usual, but after a while it finally got running. He drove away from the alley and started heading to the crime scene.

8 minutes later

”Huh?” Burt shook his head as he noticed his eyes were beginning to close. He had been awake for over 20 hours already, so he was pretty tired. He didn't even have his police uniform on, as he took it off before talking to Gregory. His shift was about to end anyways, so it didn't really matter. In some places this would be a serious matter, but not here, not in Morham.

He wasn't even sure what the emergency was, as he had only heard the end of the description. ”A possible murder or a kidnapping...” was all he remembered from it. He was about to find out though, as the crime scene was just a few blocks away. Maybe it was just a false alarm, so he could finally go home and get some rest.

He had turned the police radio off and tuned it on to some classical music channel. The violin playing wasn't exactly helping with trying to keep him awake, but it was very relaxing. Took some unnecessary stress away.

It didn't take too long before the apartment where the possible crime had happened was visible. Burt parked his vehicle to the parking lots and stepped outside. He took a quick look at the building before heading in. It was a very small apartment building, only two stores tall.

He opened the glass door leading to the building and stepped inside. A very foul smell filled his nose almost immediately. Not really a good sign. He walked to the second floor and knocked on the door where the supposed crime had happened.

He waited for a while, but nobody answered. He sighed, thinking of the worst possible scenario. He placed his hand to the handle and for his surprise, the door wasn't locked. He slowly opened the door and looked trough the crack to see where the smell was coming from.

He stopped for a second. He didn't even move a muscle. That lasted for a few more seconds, until he finally breathed out. He slowly took a walkie-talkie from his pocket, with his hands shaking a bit.

”Hey ugh.. I think we're going to need more investigators over here...”

• Hi, always nice to get new readers! :-] Good to hear you like it already, since it's only beginning :-D

Checked out your character too, thanks for submitting!

janitor posted: »

[Help the cops] Hi, Im new to this story! I like it and I have submitted a character.

• Hey everyone, been quite a while since the last part and I feel like shit for writing so irregularly. What can I say?

First it was because of school, I had a hell of a lot exams and projects at the time. Then I had a little break of my own and got this idea for a gamebook (in www.textadventures.co.uk/) and worked on that for quite some while. It's basically the same idea as in an interactive story, but everybody gets to choose their own decisions, meaning that the story will be unique for everyone. Then I realized how much time it had been since I had written anything here so I left the project hanging and made a promise to myself that I won't touch it until I've finished up with at least this story. That was about a week ago.

If you're wondering when I'm going to continue this then, I'd say next week. I'm currently feeling like utter shit. I fucked up a few days ago and might have lost a very good friend of mine and I couldn't feel worse.

Anyways, to those who still want to stick around, I'll be back in a few days. Just give me time to sort some things out. I have a bunch of great ideas for this story and will be happy to get back to writing once I do.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.