Let us pay our respects...

So long Scooter. You were the best. Let us all give our respect to Scooter.

enter image description here

Respect.

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

RIP Scooter :'(

• See ya Space Cowboy. I loved the Cowboy bebop reference, but :(

• I actually cried there... :(

He earned himself dat ''step 3''...

Goodbye friend, you will not be forgotten!

• I hate to be "that guy", but it's sort of cliche to see someone get killed out of view.

What I'm saying is, what if Scooter...

Was not kill?

• There, there

Get it out of your system

I actually cried there... He earned himself dat ''step 3''... Goodbye friend, you will not be forgotten!

• enter image description here

I hate to be "that guy", but it's sort of cliche to see someone get killed out of view. What I'm saying is, what if Scooter... Was not kill?

• " A HERO, A FRIEND
    AND A HERO "

BUT... HIS DEATH WAS CLICHE AND UNNECESSARY.

• Yeah, he might be fine although that was a huge explosion, I just find it weird that Tales would be the one to kill him ;-;

I hate to be "that guy", but it's sort of cliche to see someone get killed out of view. What I'm saying is, what if Scooter... Was not kill?

• What if he's horribly burned and needs to cover his body...

Whoops, wrong thread.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, he might be fine although that was a huge explosion, I just find it weird that Tales would be the one to kill him ;-;

• I hate to be "that guy", but it's sort of cliche to see someone get killed out of view. What I'm saying is, what if Scooter... Was not kill?

• enter image description here

dpetersz posted: »

There, there Get it out of your system

• I'm still in shock man, I can't believe they did that to Scooter, I was tearing up watching it as it happened. To kill such a major Borderlands characters like that, Telltale has some serious balls man, I wonder how this could play a role in BL3.

• CRIES! WHY DOES THIS EPISODE MAKE ME SO EMOTIONAL?!?

Man I wish I had a better picture of this awesome Scooter cosplayer...

• Time to make my Scooter Shrine......

• Rest in peace, Scooter. You turned from a strange idiot in Borderlands games into a friendly awesome hero in Tales from the Borderlands.

Catch a Ride, my friend. ;(

• Nope.

I refuse to accept that he's really gone.

He's still alive down on Pandora, he got out of it somehow..... he........

OH GOD WHY?!

• To commemorate Scooter, I will post what Scooter loved: Cars, Women, and Cars [in that order]

• I dedicate this song to our fallen friend Scooter, an awesome character from an awesome series, you will be missed my friend.

enter link description here

• Rest in peace Scooter

Or should i say

Rest in pieces?

No that was horrible i'm sorry

I think i'll just show myself out

• How fucking could you?

dpetersz posted: »

Rest in peace Scooter Or should i say Rest in pieces? No that was horrible i'm sorry I think i'll just show myself out

• i wish i could have said "loader bot, help!"

• I freaking loved Scooter. He might have actually been my favorite character. :( sad to see you go sir. Catch a Ride!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

Telltale took a somewhat shallow side character from Borderlands 2 who had little depth beyond being a redneck stereotype, and characterized him to the point where people genuinely were moved by his death.

Wow. Imagine going back to 2013 and telling that to people who thought Borderlands had little potential to compare to Telltale's other games, and that Tales from the Borderlands was just something Telltale was making to put their name on something else popular besides Walking Dead.

• What got me was how calm he was about it. Just... completely accepting. He kept his cool even when he got his hand trapped in the crusher and just casually informed Fiona not to do the same. He may have done some shady things in the past (Burying Lucky alive in a shallow grave) but the dude put it on the line for his friends. I remembered Step Three. It would be criminal not to give him that much.

• I saw Job's "Plan Three" tweet and expected something really off beat to happen as a joke. Still, though, it was surprisingly touching.

The range of Telltale's writing is quite impressive.

Rock114 posted: »

What got me was how calm he was about it. Just... completely accepting. He kept his cool even when he got his hand trapped in the crusher an

• Dude, I would never believe you. I would never believe the fact that Telltale could actually develop another character from an IP into something more than just a one dimensional character.

Telltale took a somewhat shallow side character from Borderlands 2 who had little depth beyond being a redneck stereotype, and characterized

• I never expected they would kill of a Mainstream character from the games. First I thought he leaves and return later by converting the rocket McGyver like and then boom.
    I was shocked when I realised he was really gone.

• I wasn't focusing as much on him being one-dimensional as much as I was on him essentially being a joke/sterotype character. Like, if he was just average, then characterizing him wouldn't be hard. I was surprised to see they did so with such a stereotypical character, I guess.

kristi78968 posted: »

Dude, I would never believe you. I would never believe the fact that Telltale could actually develop another character from an IP into something more than just a one dimensional character.

• Why wasn't there an option to mash F to pay respects?

Rip in peace Scooters, you were too fast for this world.

• True. I didn't care much for him in Borderlands but now, I SUDDENLY LOVE HIM AND WANT HIM BACK. ;~;

Telltale magic, I guess.

I wasn't focusing as much on him being one-dimensional as much as I was on him essentially being a joke/sterotype character. Like, if he was

• Oh man I completely forgot about that tweet, now it makes sense. But still, Scooter man.

I saw Job's "Plan Three" tweet and expected something really off beat to happen as a joke. Still, though, it was surprisingly touching. The range of Telltale's writing is quite impressive.

• Daisy, I like you a whole lot / More than that bandit liked spoonin' that ro-bot. / You are a diamond in the rough / Or a flower surrounded by shrapnel and stuff. / I will hang myself from my own tombstone / if within you, I cannot put my bone ~ Scooter

He was by far my most favorite NPC from the whole Borderlands franchise. But atleast he died doing what he loved...catching his last ride

• Does this mean we'll get more Ellie in BL3? She is pretty awesome.

RIP, Scooter...

• Here's to you Scooter.

See you space cowboy.

• The entire time, I was yelling at my screen for loader bot to help.

• I'm so sad! I still haven't fully recovered from A Nest of Vipers and now this?! Telltale is heartless af. :(

• edited August 2015

enter link description here

See you space cowboy ;_;

• sooooo has anyone realized, if they listened to the story line that tale from the boarder land is between BL 2 and the pre sequel?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.