Let us pay our respects...

Comments

• I think it means we'll get more Janey, she took over the Hollow Point Catch-a-Ride maybe she'll take over the rest.

More Janey and more Ellie would be good, though!

nursethalia posted: »

Does this mean we'll get more Ellie in BL3? She is pretty awesome. RIP, Scooter...

• Janey. I mean, it was all there from the start, they were setting her up to be the new Scooter. :(

I'm still in shock man, I can't believe they did that to Scooter, I was tearing up watching it as it happened. To kill such a major Borderlands characters like that, Telltale has some serious balls man, I wonder how this could play a role in BL3.

• i was like =

enter image description here

then......i cried.

• Lolz who cares? Scooter sucks anyway hope he's canonically dead

• This is all canon, and he dies no matter what, so you've gotten your wish.

good b8 btw

Clemenem posted: »

Lolz who cares? Scooter sucks anyway hope he's canonically dead

• Not b8 m8 but thankful non the less

Piggs posted: »

This is all canon, and he dies no matter what, so you've gotten your wish. good b8 btw

• You guys do realize he's not dead, right? He did this to get to Step 3. Step 4 was not dying.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2015

I was seriously listening to this while thinking about Scooter's scene and got mega choked up again:

;w;

Grimnir3 posted: »

Here's to you Scooter. See you space cowboy.

• Step 4 better not be getting lucky.... I'm serious, Telltale... Don't do it -_-

ZeppMan217 posted: »

You guys do realize he's not dead, right? He did this to get to Step 3. Step 4 was not dying.

• enter image description here

It's been real, man... ;~;

• I can't believe they killed him! RIP Scooter :(

• Goodbye soldier, we salute you!

• Well, it takes place between BL2 and the opening and end cutscenes of TPS.

Kandazar posted: »

sooooo has anyone realized, if they listened to the story line that tale from the boarder land is between BL 2 and the pre sequel?

• enter image description here

Now, it's time for a 'cry in a corner'. (it should be a sleeping pill or something)

• the man since 2009! already became a hero in 2012! but.. it felt weird that TT were the one who killed him.
    and oh man, how will moxxi react?

Rest in peace you marvelous bastard

• he isnt dead he just went down in fight for your life mode, dont worry somebody will pass by and revive him

• why tho, most people disliked janey..

Janey. I mean, it was all there from the start, they were setting her up to be the new Scooter.

• i knew borderlands universe has good potential, though saying scooter is just a redneck stereotype charcter with nothing to it is false he had his back story. but thats the thing about borderlands games nobody notice or listens to the story because they hide most of it in echo logs around the world and didnt explain half of it. still it had more lore then it seemed to, you can see that by a quick look in the wiki

Telltale took a somewhat shallow side character from Borderlands 2 who had little depth beyond being a redneck stereotype, and characterized

• You'll be missed Scooter. Too bad you were sent off because of shitty cliche Telltale writers who couldn't be arsed to find something to do with you and just decided to kill you off.

• Also because NOBODY bothered to play "The" Cowboy Bebop song:

enter link description here

• If you ever get the chance to hear this performed live, btw... go. Do it.

DAISHI posted: »

Also because NOBODY bothered to play "The" Cowboy Bebop song: enter link description here

• As if TTG would just get to kill a main supporting cast member without asking for a permission from GBX first....

Anyway, somebody's gonna have to go and tell Moxxi. Any volunteers?

You'll be missed Scooter. Too bad you were sent off because of shitty cliche Telltale writers who couldn't be arsed to find something to do with you and just decided to kill you off.

• thought I was the only one who was thinking that

You'll be missed Scooter. Too bad you were sent off because of shitty cliche Telltale writers who couldn't be arsed to find something to do with you and just decided to kill you off.

• Goodbye space cowboy...

• Most people disliked Scooter at first, too - and look at all the love now.

why tho, most people disliked janey..

• This thread makes me sad. I didn't think Telltale would kill a character from the main games. I thought the only point of these characters in Tales to be just cameos. I was wrong.

• edited August 2015

...I just informed the non-Tales Borderlands players of his death.

I wonder how they'll react?

Anyway...

You were beautiful, Scoots

Rest In Peace, Scooter Hodunk.

• I am really sad thinking of how Moxxi will react. Ellie will probably swallow it down with bitterness, but Moxxi might do worse.

LawmanZero posted: »

...I just informed the non-Tales Borderlands players of his death. I wonder how they'll react? Anyway... Rest In Peace, Scooter Hodunk.

• Moxxi's gonna stab someone.

Crips posted: »

I am really sad thinking of how Moxxi will react. Ellie will probably swallow it down with bitterness, but Moxxi might do worse.

• well yeah but it seems like janey is way more disliked then scooter ever was. she allmost on pickle/claptrap level. if i have to guess ellie will be the main mechanic or they will have a new charcter, or maybe both.

Most people disliked Scooter at first, too - and look at all the love now.

• He's dead, one way or another he was going to die. The sheer heat from reentering Pandora's atmosphere was already burning him up anyway and at that speed it was only accelerated. And even if he somehow did survive the reentry, the explosion would have killed him right after the sheer velocity of the rocket hitting the surface and t exploded. So either he was going to die from 5th degree burns, breaking his neck once the rocket hit, or the explosion itself.

I hate to be "that guy", but it's sort of cliche to see someone get killed out of view. What I'm saying is, what if Scooter... Was not kill?

• R.I.P. Scooter, I'll catch a ride with you next time we meet.

• edited August 2015

Dammit man, I loved him!

Rest in Peace, Space Cowboy.

(EDIT) We'll meet again one day, Scooter.

You did some awesome shit, and it's been hella real.

• I was actually shocked that they did it...But he went out like he lived...Catching a ride. I actually miss him...

• It isn't. It's between BL2 and the modern day parts of TPS.

Kandazar posted: »

sooooo has anyone realized, if they listened to the story line that tale from the boarder land is between BL 2 and the pre sequel?

• Rest in Rhys' pieces

dpetersz posted: »

Rest in peace Scooter Or should i say Rest in pieces? No that was horrible i'm sorry I think i'll just show myself out

• I was very close to tears, I tell you. Dammit, Scooter, I always thought you were a real jerk yet real funny in BL2... Playing it just won't be the same anymore knowing how he dies heroically, something I never saw coming in 1000 years. Ain't no place for a hero indeed...

• Didn't finch and kroger look a lil sad too?

• You're one evil hungarian, amirite? :D (I saw you on the map)

dpetersz posted: »

Rest in peace Scooter Or should i say Rest in pieces? No that was horrible i'm sorry I think i'll just show myself out

• edited August 2015

Actually no. For all we know scooter sacrificing himself and what he sacrificed himself for lead to Jack coming back and everything being fucked might be the motivation for Moxxi (and vault hunters) to go full on for whatever happens in BL3. It could have meant A LOT more than you think. And also... TTG arent the only ones in charge of writing. Its already confirmed this games sets everything up for the ext instalment. Them killing him because "lulz has to" wouldn't go down well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.