I'm tired of the hate on this game

Yes, yes I know. "People can have their opinions" but honestly it's getting out of hand. I literally cannot enjoy coming on the forums anymore because almost every thread in this section will contain some sort of hate towards this game. From people who hate Ep5 and therefore dictate the entire game is trash or Tales from the Borderlands fanboys who dickride that game so much so that automatically every other game becomes trash, it's absolutely ridiculous imo.

If you don't like the game, good for you. There should be a single thread about it and keep it there, but literally even in the "Favorite Line in this game", there's that one special snowflake who comes on and says "er I aktually think teh dialogue in this game sux compard to Telltale's other games", and that's just one example.

It's annoying for people who, like me, absolutely love this game to see it get trashed on so much. I don't understand why it's so hard not to just spread unnecessary hate. If you didn't like it, then feel free to state that once. Then move on to something you enjoy.

And before people go off saying that "it's called constructive criticism", there's a different between constructive criticism and hate:

Constructive Criticism: I didn't like how the traitor scene played out. I wish Telltale did a better job of having your choices matter more and I hope they make up for it in Episode 6 somehow.

Hate: Ugh, that traitor scene is absolute trash. How can anyone like this episode? Jesus this game is worse than Walking Dead Season 2, I fucking hate how Telltale managed to screw it up. I'm just gonna go enjoy Tales from the Borderlands.

I hope the game devs realize that there are people like me who enjoy the game and appreciate everything they've done, and I hope the people on here who do the things I mentioned grow up.

enter image description here

Comments

• I understand the hate, and I wish I didn't see as much, but it is what it is. At least I can hate Tom and Talia.

• Thank you! Some people are just so overzealous.

• I read an article from technewstoday.com about this being one of it's worst productions even along the lines of Jurassic Park. I don't necessarily agree with all of it but they do make decent points I think you should read. I never really hate on this game except when it comes to A Nest of Vipers which no doubt is the worst Telltale episode I've ever played by far. I don't think any of the main choices have had even the slightest significance and does pander to the audience a lot. It's not something I would find incredibly enjoyable if I didn't have any knowledge of the franchise. I still like it even though after episode 5 I'm very skeptical of what they could pull off at this point to redeem themselves

http://www.technewstoday.com/23791-is-telltale-game-of-thrones-the-worst-production-from-the-developer/

• Replace Game of Thrones with The Walking Dead Season 2 and you've pretty much captured the reason why I rarely go onto TWD section anymore. It's become so filled with people saying how much they hate the game that it has taken out all the enjoyment of being there. I can't go one thread without someone saying how Season 2 was terrible, no matter what section of the forums I seem to be in.

But I do agree that this game does get a lot of unnecessary hate. I wouldn't say it's the best Telltale game, but it's still very good and I have enjoyed playing it, which is weird because I usually hate anything with Game of Thrones in front of it. I don't even really mind the traitor scene all that much, yes they should have done more with it instead of just making it who you didn't pick as Sentinel, but other than that I really don't have a problem with how that scene played out.

• edited August 2015

I see more of what you classify as "constructive criticism" around here than what you classify as "hate" to be honest. I did see much more hate just after the episode leaked and on the week following the official release. I was actually spoiled by some angry guy that hated episode 5 so much he posted threads with spoilers on the title so that he could ruin it to everybody else too.

About people comparing it to Tales, it really depends on what people like. I think it is really hard to objectively compare TFTB to GoT. They are just too different and both are good on their own way, IMO, though I admit that the constant references to pop culture and old memes on Tales kinda puts me off and is a thing that I am thankful GoT does not use much (I can only think of that one time Gared could say "You know nothing Jon Snow"), which along with the fact that I am a fan of ASOAIF but not of Borderlands makes me prefer GoT.

• Exactly what I felt during TWD S2, that forum section (to be put bluntly) is cancer, and I see this one turning the same way. People just don't know when to stop shoving their opinions down peoples throats, and it's really annoying. Like, I've had my problems with some Telltale games in the past, but I've only made around 5 posts on my problems with them tops, because literally who wants to hear your opinion over and over and over and over again? No one, so please complainers get over yourself and stop acting like entitled weenies.

Also I'm kinda on a break from this place r n but I really like your post so I wanted to comment :3 <33333

//green out

• edited August 2015

Players are frustrated because Telltale's Game of Thrones had so much potential, but it feels really under-developed and tedious. I enjoy the game a lot, but I can't help but feel that there were a lot of missed opportunities. That and the fact it feels like there's a invisible hand controlling the story and characters from behind the scenes,

Coalboy's survival if you leave him to die.
    Being force to kill Britt to advance Gared's plot.
    Ramsey Snow, used more like a plot device then a character.
    The finicky bi-polar mood swings of the all the characters you interact with.
    There are times when it feels like Telltale are using characters as mouthpieces to convey a message to the player.

How many times do we the players pause at a major choice and think about the writers at Telltale and try to pre-determined what they plan. We've become so aware to the Telltaleisms that their games become predictable.

• I just hate how people are treating this game like its horrible just because Episode 5 wasn't very good.

• edited August 2015

It's more like Episode 5 was the straw that broke the camel's back.

• I am also quite tired of all this hate. I simply just want to enjoy the game for what it is.

• I've heard you talk about tom but why do you hate talia?

I understand the hate, and I wish I didn't see as much, but it is what it is. At least I can hate Tom and Talia.

• There's a lot more constructive criticism than hatred (that's going by the definition you set above) but the hate for episode five is well deserved. I love the game, but episode five was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad. The fact that it came after four (which was probably the best one) certainly did not help its case.

Still doesn't take away all of the fun that I had in the previous four episodes though, hopefully the sixth will be as good as those.

• Exactly. People play episode 5 and they say "The whole game is fucking weak." Episode 5 was perfect. The only scene that was horrible was the traitor scene.

And now people hate this game for only ONE FUCKING SCENE!

Sometimes I want to punch everyone for hating this game only and only for one scene.

I know everyone has their own opinions but this got out of hand.

"Wolfenus will remember what everyone said."

• Episode 5 was perfect

No it isn't. Nothing is perfect.

And now people hate this game for ONE FUCKING SCENE!

No the traitor wasn't the only thing wrong with episode 5. It could have also been it's only an hour and 15 minutes with very little development or time given to Gared or Mira, Ramsay wasting time and the option to kill him being a major choice, Gryff's face bug, Ramsay being able to kidnap the Glenmores exactly the same as if you took them or left them and so much more

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Exactly. People play episode 5 and they say "The whole game is fucking weak." Episode 5 was perfect. The only scene that was horrible was th

• No it isn't. Nothing is perfect.

Opinions, dude...

No the traitor wasn't the only thing wrong with episode 5. It could have also been it's only an hour and 15 minutes with very little development or time given to Gared or Mira, Ramsay wasting time and the option to kill him being a major choice, Gryff's face bug, Ramsay being able to kidnap the Glenmores exactly the same as if you took them or left them and so much more

Yeah, tbh, I'm disappointed that trying to kill Ramsay or not is a major choice. Gryff's face bug... Yeah. But I didn't mind if the episode was short. I enjoyed the episode at least. But what more? The wight fight scene was pointless? Talking to Cersei is pointless? In the end, you are going to complain about the whole game. And as you know, Telltale is working on multiple games atm, that's why Gryff's face bug was there. But I think they should stop working on TWD S3 and MC:SM until GoT and TFTBL are finished.

Clemenem posted: »

Episode 5 was perfect No it isn't. Nothing is perfect. And now people hate this game for ONE FUCKING SCENE! No the tra

• edited August 2015

Telltale has different teams on each of their games. The people who are making Borderlands is different from the team making Thrones.

No it isn't. Nothing is perfect. Opinions, dude... No the traitor wasn't the only thing wrong with episode 5. It could have al

• Sometimes I want to punch everyone for hating this game

You really shouldnt

Exactly. People play episode 5 and they say "The whole game is fucking weak." Episode 5 was perfect. The only scene that was horrible was th

• Opinions, dude...

You could have stated "imo"

Talking to Cersei is pointless?

Talking to Tyrion is. Literally nothing is accomplished and the player feels no sense of conclusion to her arc whatsoever. Can't even alter the outcome of the conversation with the little twat. You can more or less no interact and the outcome will be the same. Can't deceive him, no alternative outcomes and it ends the same

No it isn't. Nothing is perfect. Opinions, dude... No the traitor wasn't the only thing wrong with episode 5. It could have al

• edited August 2015

But... but it was good enough for me D":

Reconn posted: »

I just hate how people are treating this game like its horrible just because Episode 5 wasn't very good.

• I also enjoyed episode 5. It was a surprise to come to the forum and find people disliking it.

brbsmoking posted: »

But... but it was good enough for me D":

• It's Really hard to make Choices matter in a Game of Thrones Game. They Need to Stick to the Source Material. I think TTG Deserves some respect that they tried. And the reason why so Many People say TftBL is a better Game is Pretty simple: Because it IS the better Game. The writing is top notch through out ALL Episodes, Choices feel like they matter more than in got, the Characters were better Developed Then in got, That ONE Moment in TFTBL EP. 4 Was More emotional than everything got had and the Characters Are more likeable. And TftBL is just more Epic than got, with it's Intros. But i still enjoy got and i Cant wait for the final Episode and i will Buy Season 2 When it Codes out.

• It was good, but just not as good as the others, it could have been better.

I just hate how people are treating this game like its horrible just because Episode 5 wasn't very good.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

And now people hate this game for only ONE FUCKING SCENE!

I haven't haven't really been enjoying GOT since episode 1. I still sort of like it, but it's been disappointing me since its first episode.

• Are you talking about THAT moment? Naah. It was, you know, but GoT had more emotional moments. For me of course.

GSSalvador posted: »

It's Really hard to make Choices matter in a Game of Thrones Game. They Need to Stick to the Source Material. I think TTG Deserves some resp

• But you Must consider that the character i am Talking about only appears in 2 Episodes and it's Death still was Heartbreaking As f*ck. And in GoT EP.5 you will lost a character who is there for 4 Episodes. Of course it was sad, too but it Shows how good the writing of TftBL is that the lost of a Minor character is As Heartbreaking As the lost of one of the Protagonists. Who ever Wrote TftBL should've wrote TWDS2, because that was the Main Problem of it too.

brbsmoking posted: »

Are you talking about THAT moment? Naah. It was, you know, but GoT had more emotional moments. For me of course.

• I loved EP5 :( not a big fan of the length though.

• I enjoyed episode 5 even if it had some... you know... "holes."

• Haters gonna hate. and that's all they can do .. just ignore them. ;)

• Who ever Wrote TftBL should've wrote TWDS2, because that was the Main Problem of it too.

True. i still remember Nick's case...

GSSalvador posted: »

But you Must consider that the character i am Talking about only appears in 2 Episodes and it's Death still was Heartbreaking As f*ck. And i

• edited August 2015

Finally, a post about this fucking problem.
    I've been getting a headache from how much whining and dick-riding they've been doing.

I've also been posting threads about the game to keep people happy and still they post shitty threads.

I mean, this section of the forums was made for the damn game. It's alright, you can post your opinion. But don't shove it down everyone's throat like a dickhead.

• Got bored of this hate. I'm glad that some people (like you) don't hate the game.

Can't they all just accept for what the game is now? Omfg -.-

Finally, a post about this fucking problem. I've been getting a headache from how much whining and dick-riding they've been doing. I've

• Episode 5 is my favorite episode so far

I also enjoyed episode 5. It was a surprise to come to the forum and find people disliking it.

• So I'm the guy that put that comment in that favourite line thread. Which looking back on it now, was a stupid thing to do, it had no place.
    But some of you must understand there is a reason why there is 'hate' as you brand it. Just like season 2 of TWD, it had problems and so do this. It's not just episode 5 that has problems, I myself and others have critized the entire season, and this doesn't mean we 'hate' the game. I myself enjoy it, but I think it's one of the weakest episodic games they have done.
    I think some of you are quite passionate about the game, so when you see someone go, 'Well, I didn't like that part because of 'x'' You paint with a broad brush, saying it's hate. Like I said, there are reasons why these threads pop up in the game of thrones section and TWD S2, not in the Tales, TWAU or TWD S1.

• I do agree people who derail threads to hate are just being annoying, there is a time to criticize and a time not to

• kudos to you for this post because it is very much needed and i completely agree - while the episode did have flaws (ie the traitor scene, not being able to tell ramsay the full story of what happened when he was gone, the short length, and arthur being flayed even if he was brought with you) there is no reason for all the hate. the game is still very good and there were some very enjoyable parts of the episode as well and i have a feeling telltale just was setting themselves up for redemption in an amazing season finale.

i realize everyone has opinions but just like the op and others who have commented here i am really tired of seeing on evey single thread some sort of hate about some combo of episode 5, the ttg series as a whole, or the tv show. got as a whole is an amazing series - game and show alike (and im sure the books too... i personally havent read past the first) - and constructive critism is very welcome but if all you want to do is complain on the forums you should probably find somewhere else to vent.

• Well, for starters she's comes off as irritating to me. Naïve as well. That scene in Iron From Ice when she asks Ethan to not change and stay in the grove is probably my definitive example.

In The Lost Lords she has the song which is good, but she's always kind of interfering with Rodrik lording. Not so much in that episode.

The Sword in the Darkness, she's kind of meddling around Ironrath, causing unnecessary predicament from the Forresters. It's somewhat annoying.

In Sons of Winter she really doesn't do much but with my Rodrik she thinks she's entitled to a job and not protecting her own safety. And when I tell her to protect herself she gets captured.

A Nest of Vipers, she walks into Rodrik's room without knocking, that was annoying, and asking the lord to execute someone without a trial/proper execution also comes off as stupid, but she thinks that's right.

And the whole 'I want to avenge Ethan' seems cliché and really doesn't appeal to me, not as much as say, Asher and Rodrik wanting to avenge him.

Also her character model is not my favorite so there's that.

But that's just my opinion.

I've heard you talk about tom but why do you hate talia?

• You are awesome green i 100℅ agree :)

Green613 posted: »

Exactly what I felt during TWD S2, that forum section (to be put bluntly) is cancer, and I see this one turning the same way. People just do

• edited August 2015

Ikr!!!!!!!!

I love this game, I love its characters and I love the plot.

It has plot holes? Yes.

It has good stuf and thangs? YES. (In a bigger quantity than the errors.)

But people only look at the errors, as always.

• edited August 2015

From people who hate Ep5 and therefore dictate the entire game is trash

This is one of the reasons why its hard for me to consider most of the opinions in the forums seriously.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.