Vivian's Story?

Has anyone figured out which Fable/Story she might be from? I was thinking she could possibly be based on Vasilisa The Beautiful but that is just speculation. Any guesses?

Comments

• No, seriously, i don;t have the slightest idea. Telltale will never use any fables from my country, and i don't really know a lot of other fables from outside, so...

• All I know is that she's "Georgie's girl" and works as a hostess instead of getting involved in stripping and prostitution.

Hopefully we see her in the next episode to get more on her back-story.

• Jenny_PitcherJenny_Pitcher Banned
    edited April 2014

"Much of Vivian's past is unknown since she prefers not to talk about her life back in the Homelands."

Since episode 2 she has high position on my list of suspects. It's suspicious TTG didn't write her story in BoF.

• Agreed. Something about her just makes me suspicious, and she WOULD have had opportunity to kill both Lily and Faith.

"Much of Vivian's past is unknown since she prefers not to talk about her life back in the Homelands." Since episode 2 she has high position on my list of suspects. It's suspicious TTG didn't write her story in BoF.

• In ep. 1 Crane asked Snow to reschedule his "massage" with her. Now we know how his "massage" looked like. But Lily went to room 207 anyway, right? Vivian didn't tell her that "prince" won't come?
    Bigby found Crane's wine in room 207. And Huff & Puff cigarettes. Who smoked? Lily? Crane? Killer? There is machine with Huff & Puff in Pudding & Pie. And Vivian smokes.

Rock114 posted: »

Agreed. Something about her just makes me suspicious, and she WOULD have had opportunity to kill both Lily and Faith.

• When I hurd Vivian for the first time I tought about a fox.:))maybe she's from the bear and fox story

• She has to be involved. There is something not right about her.

• I think her dressed all in purple might be a clue. In Nerissa's fable, she ends up dressed in sea foam - so white. But I didn't find anyone for purple, yet.

• Holy hell, guys!

That actually seems like a really good theory to me

In ep. 1 Crane asked Snow to reschedule his "massage" with her. Now we know how his "massage" looked like. But Lily went to room 207 anyway,

• Lavendar Blue, perhaps?

Lavender blue and Rosemary green,
    When I am king you shall be queen;
    Call up my maids at four o'clock,
    Some to the wheel and some to the rock;
    Some to make hay and some to shear corn,
    And you and I will keep the bed warm.

ChrgGrl posted: »

I think her dressed all in purple might be a clue. In Nerissa's fable, she ends up dressed in sea foam - so white. But I didn't find anyone for purple, yet.

• Yeah, also remember how in episode 3 she was so eager to convince Bigby Crane was guilty? That was the point where I actually found something suspicious about her but now that you pointed that out it's more than obvious she can be easily added on the suspects list.

In ep. 1 Crane asked Snow to reschedule his "massage" with her. Now we know how his "massage" looked like. But Lily went to room 207 anyway,

• Wow... that's a really good theory. I've been wondering what her Fable is, because honestly I don't have any clue who she's supposed to be. I'm guessing it's something obscure. And it seems like TTG is intentionally keeping it a secret for now, if her Book of Fables entry is to be trusted. I was surprised she showed up in EP3, I figured we wouldn't see her much again after her debut in Smoke and Mirrors. I have a hunch that she's being set up for a bigger role.

I was suspicious too when I noticed how insistent she was in saying that Crane was the murderer. She has the magic ribbon around her neck, surely if she actually knew who the killer was, she wouldn't be able to say it. Plus, all you'd have to do is merely look at Crane to see he's a cowardly, sniveling weasel who would never be capable of having the courage to murder someone. It's obvious he didn't kill Lily, or else he wouldn't of bothered trying to prove his innocence with the ring. If it really had been a legitimate working artifact like he thought it was at the time, he would've been proven guilty.

edited April 2014

Don't be surprised if she's not guilty. Theory is good, nothing more.

"Welcome to the Pudding and Pie! Where we cater to the "diverse tastes" of the Fable community. Your pleasure is our pleasure. Your desires are our disires. Your imagination is the menu and discretion is our guarantee." - Perfect place for psycho killer.

"Lily. Now you will never die from indifference or lead tedious life. Goodbye sweetheart. Thanks for everything. Vivian."- I don't know how to explain it. Something's not right.

Yeah, also remember how in episode 3 she was so eager to convince Bigby Crane was guilty? That was the point where I actually found somethin

• Still if the theory will prove to be correct she's no more than just an assassin. But she had access to all the victims (prostitutes) so it really makes sense. It remains to be seen who is behind it all. Remember how Mermaid comes to Bigby's office in ep 4 trailer and wants to talk about something? I think she will try to tell him, if you look close in episode 3 when Crane tries to find out who is the killer she was really reticent about Vivian at least that' how I see her and again the way she tried to make Crane seem guilty when he was obviously not was really fishy. Also what better assassin than someone so unexpected and under a spell so she cannot spill out anything about who is behind it all (maybe that's why Crane was there after all, when/if Bigby tells Snow "this piece of shit knows more than he says" or something similar he just jumps out like "No, I don't know anything" also he acts weird around Vivian and that's why she was so eager to call him a criminal)

Don't be surprised if she's not guilty. Theory is good, nothing more. "Welcome to the Pudding and Pie! Where we cater to the "diverse tas

• Exactly, also he probably knows Vivian is the killer but he didn't have the courage to talk, it was worthless as long as she has the ribbon and remember how basically only Mermaid was the one saying "my lips are sealed?" like she really wanted to talk (that's most probably why she goes to Bigby in ep 4 with that little secret) , Vivian though she was exactly the opposite trying to make Crane seem guilty. There's definitely something going on there.

sayakamiki posted: »

Wow... that's a really good theory. I've been wondering what her Fable is, because honestly I don't have any clue who she's supposed to be.

• Hm, I can't say for sure. Crane is a spineless coward, but I think he would trip himself at the chance to prove his innocence if he had any knowledge or suspicion of Vivian being the killer, even if it means Bigby wouldn't buy it and the prostitutes couldn't confirm it. I got the vibe he didn't really know himself who the murderer was, his only interest was proving himself not guilty. It's a theory, though. I guess it depends on how you interpret Crane's character and behavior during the whole scene.

I don't know if Nerissa knows, she seems close with Vivian, you can see Vivian comforting Nerissa after Crane quits harassing her. I doubt she would want much to do with Vivian if she knew she was up to something. Unless they're working together, that is. I can agree with you that there's something going on, though.

I have a theory that the ribbon might actually be the cause of both Faith and Lily's deaths. Both of them were beheaded right where the ribbon was supposed to be, maybe the ribbon has the power to behead them if they do something wrong, like leak information?

Exactly, also he probably knows Vivian is the killer but he didn't have the courage to talk, it was worthless as long as she has the ribbon

• I thought about the ribbon beheading too. And yeah I was just putting up some theories and you're probably right about Nerissa not knowing Vivian is the killer, it was just a thought there more than a theory, a better explanation for why she's going to Bigby's office is that she knows something about the guy she saw in the car at the end of ep 3, makes more sense. Well, we'll see where the whole thing is going, can't wait to find out what's all about in the end.

sayakamiki posted: »

Hm, I can't say for sure. Crane is a spineless coward, but I think he would trip himself at the chance to prove his innocence if he had any

• What is strange is no one realized that in the first episode when Crane told Snow to call VIVIAN at the the Massage parlore...... the same vivian from the puddin and pie

• The "massage" was probably a meeting with Lily, glamoured to look like Snow of course.

BlackVenom posted: »

What is strange is no one realized that in the first episode when Crane told Snow to call VIVIAN at the the Massage parlore...... the same vivian from the puddin and pie

edited April 2014

Decapitated by a ribbon. I like the idea. Magic ribbon will keep your mouth shut, don't try to take it off, you'll lose head. But why Faith's ribbon was in her mouth? Lily's mouth was empty.

If Vivian is involved in the murders, I don't think she's working alone. TJ heard "stop laughing".

Vivian was comforting Nerissa. Maybe she was pretending. Lily and her friends; Faith and Nerissa were in the photo. Not Vivian. Only TTG knows, what Nerissa knows. And why Crane believed mermaid knows who the killer is - I have no idea.

Another two months of waiting for the answers. Damn.

I thought about the ribbon beheading too. And yeah I was just putting up some theories and you're probably right about Nerissa not knowing V

• Its been mentioned in other threads about the "massage" thing. Vivian is probably an alias so searching for possible fable connection would probably be tough. Its been awhile but was Nerissa used in "The Little Mermaid?" Its been 20+ years since I've seen it.

BlackVenom posted: »

What is strange is no one realized that in the first episode when Crane told Snow to call VIVIAN at the the Massage parlore...... the same vivian from the puddin and pie

• edited April 2014

No, the Disney version was named Ariel, Nerissa was never used in the film. The mermaid in the original Hans Christian Andersen story of 'The Little Mermaid' was nameless.

Nerissa is a variant of "Nereida", meaning 'sea nymph'. In Greek mythology, the Nereid were sea nymphs and deities of the seas. The term "Nereid" can also extend to mermaids. So, there's a bit of a word play in Nerissa's name.

pcharl01 posted: »

Its been mentioned in other threads about the "massage" thing. Vivian is probably an alias so searching for possible fable connection would

• Could Vivian be the Cheshire Cat? With the Tweedles in the game and Bloody Mary making the reference "Long live the Queen" i'm starting to believe she could be

• Bloody Mary is calling herself the Queen, actually. The urban legend of Bloody Mary is based off of a real queen from England.

Could Vivian be the Cheshire Cat? With the Tweedles in the game and Bloody Mary making the reference "Long live the Queen" i'm starting to believe she could be

• Don't Tweedles originate from a nursery rhyme, way before Through the Looking-glass, though?

Could Vivian be the Cheshire Cat? With the Tweedles in the game and Bloody Mary making the reference "Long live the Queen" i'm starting to believe she could be

• Don't Tweedles originate from a nursery rhyme, way before Through the Looking-glass, though?

• Ah, thanks!

Apart from brothers Grimm, I'm not really familiar with those fairytales. Though, due to my professional orientation I am rather familiar with myths and folklore, so I'll take that as compensation.

Yes. http://aliceinwonderland.wikia.com/wiki/Tweedledee_and_Tweedledum

• some fables are made up by TTG like aunt greenleaf

• You're welcome. :)

This universe pulls from so many different sources. One of the cool things about it, I think.

Ah, thanks! Apart from brothers Grimm, I'm not really familiar with those fairytales. Though, due to my professional orientation I am rather familiar with myths and folklore, so I'll take that as compensation.

• edited April 2014

Well, I guess they can do it for witches... there are so many of them and they're quite immersed in many fables, so it doesn't really matter if they make up a new one. Besides, they're usually mostly known only as "witch" in the fables, so who knows... maybe Aunty Greenleaf has origins in some already existing story, it's just her name wasn't known there.

Ellias posted: »

some fables are made up by TTG like aunt greenleaf

• Yeah, definitely. Seeing how much variety it has and the possibilities they open, really drew me more to the world of fables.

You're welcome. This universe pulls from so many different sources. One of the cool things about it, I think.

• Yep. Aunty Greenleaf is from a real folktale. There are very few made up Fables so far in the game.

http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/2010/08/aunty_greenleaf_and_the_white.html She has her own real story

• Didn't know that, thanks. I did study some american folklore, and actually find it to have its particular charm, but haven't read this one before.

http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/2010/08/aunty_greenleaf_and_the_white.html She has her own real story

• edited April 2014

Interesting, thank you.

"Mostly, people avoided her, except when someone got sick because it was said that Aunty Greenleaf was a witch. Her home remedies worked too well to be natural."

Ow, my brain!

• Who is Vivians boss then? Georgie? Who is his boss? Crooked Man?

Still if the theory will prove to be correct she's no more than just an assassin. But she had access to all the victims (prostitutes) so it

• Everything about Vivian sounds fishy as hell but i don't think she is the one making the killings. I think she's either helping the killer or working for him.

• edited April 2014

Isn't Nerissa smokes too?Alt text EDIT: If you can't see the photo here's the link: http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-2524-62.html

• Also,when she ask you at the funeral "did you find anything".If you reply with it was Crane's room you say "but you already knew that,right?And Nerissa just nods,so i think it makes sense :o

cHRYSTAL posted: »

Isn't Nerissa smokes too? EDIT: If you can't see the photo here's the link: http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-2524-62.html

• What country are you from? If, you know, that's not a creepy question to answer. Oh jeez. This got awkward. I'm sorry, don't answer if you're not comfortable. Anyway, I am from the US. If you wanted to know. Yeah, this isn't getting any less awkwarder. That's not a word. I'm sorry, I'll stop harassing you now, lol.

Azlyn posted: »

No, seriously, i don;t have the slightest idea. Telltale will never use any fables from my country, and i don't really know a lot of other fables from outside, so...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.