Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
    dojo32161 posted: »

May I ask what anime you guys are talking about? I never got into anime or anything, but a lot of people I know keep telling me to give anime's a try.

• - In "No Time Left" If you were siding with Kenny most of the time , AND saved Ben...After the alley scene.

When Christa asks "How are you feelin'?"

And if you choose "Kenny was my friend" Lee continues saying "we were assholes to end, I quess." > Lee's perspective of Kenny.
  • This isn't really game related, but when Dee (In 400 days) is dying the voice actress Cissy Jones was in Labour while recording that dialogue. Now that is dedication!
  • lead based paint chips.

Oh I never knew that first one! Cool. Here are some that you might not know. I believe there was a monkey wrench in the train stat

• Wow really?? O.o
    fugelot11 posted: »

This isn't really game related, but when Dee (In 400 days) is dying the voice actress Cissy Jones was in Labour while recording that dialogue. Now that is dedication!

• edited May 2014
    Yeap, heard it in an interview. I think it was the Telltale AOD 2014 panel where she mentioned it I don't really remember.

Here is the video but i'm not 100% sure this was the interview; https(:)//www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8__8rd-SnI

remove the (). Sorry about the audio, maybe there is a better video.
    ilovetwd posted: »

Wow really?? O.o

• I think it was to leave you unsure about his fate. Maybe Larry did breathe, or he was about to wake and turn into a walker. We'll never know.

Even if he was breathing It doesn't matter. No way he could have survived that with the amount of recourses the group had at the time.

• Headcanon: Nate was a stand up comedian in a past life time.
    TWDFan86 posted: »

Haha! That WAS awkward :P

• I remember the shot in gut scene, I had that happen while playing through it once. Clementine cries out when Lee gets shot T_T

http(:)//youtu.be/FujvypqSWy0?t(=)45m47s Remove the ( ). If you fail to grab the Stranger during The Marsh House scene, he'll shoo

• Ha, I did a similar thing. I did the promise in All That Remains, just because I was trying to get on everybody's good side in the cabin group because I didn't know them yet, then in In Harm's Way, I completely hated on her, told her to grow up, shut up, get over it, and was mean to her every chance I got. There's no way I'm ever getting along with her haha.
    Rexarik posted: »

Also something I found funny: In s2e2 I told Sarah I promised I was her friend but didn't pinky promise it. Then in the next episode whe

• Clem actually drops her hat when going to the greenhouse, Luke gives it back later on. [This is in episode 3]
  • What?

Clem actually drops her hat when going to the greenhouse, Luke gives it back later on. [This is in episode 3]

• edited May 2014
    In the attic in episode 5, after your argument with Kenny about killing Lee. When you sit down with Christa and Kenny and Christa asks about you and Kenny. What Kenny says depends on which was the first big kenny decision you disagreed with him on.(unless you disagreed with him on none)

(if in episode 1 you didn't save duck in the farm and then didn't defend duck from Larry)

Kenny: The first time I met this guy, I felt he was an asshole and wanted to protect my family from him.

Christa: How do you feel now?

Kenny: I have no family left.

(If you agreed on episode 1 big decisions, but then tried to save Larry in episode 2)

Kenny: Before we met you guys, there was this girl named Lilly. God knows where she's now. Anyway, she came between Lee and I pretty good. And I spended a lot of nights hating this guy's guts.

(if you agreed on episode 1 and 2 big decisions. But then fought with Kenny on the train)

Kenny: See that mark on his face?

Christa: Was that caused by you.

Kenny: mighta been.

(if you agreed with kenny in the big decisions of ep1 2 and 3)

Kenny: We were once trapped in meet locker and there was this big guy who was about to turn. Anyway, we were scared to shit that this huge monster would kill us so.....we were resourceful.

Christa: He didn't make it?

Kenny: No he didn't, but we did.
  • Really?
    I would like to see that.

Clem actually drops her hat when going to the greenhouse, Luke gives it back later on. [This is in episode 3]

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    Thanks

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

• I played season one again and realised there's a few hints that suggest that Christa was pregnant.
    You can tell by the way her and Omid talk, the way she reacts to different things, like the abortion.
    the way she takes that drink off Kenny and he looks down, like looking at her stomach and them has a holy shit expression.
  • Just FYI she says it at the 35:22 mark.
    ilovetwd posted: »

Wow really?? O.o

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Right here, buddy www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykWqcXjtH0

• He's old, his eyesight was probably giving up on him.

But, but... Katjaa and Duck are in front of Larry's eyes.... How can... Why?

• When you have to feed 4 people in Starved for Help, if you feed Ben (1st or 2nd, I think), something along the lines of "(?) Others may not agree on your unpopular choice" appears and Kenny (and maybe Lilly? I don't remember) comes yelling at you :D
  • I wish I could see Clem's reaction to Lee pointing his gun at Molly changing. I only remember the deflated one because my last playthrough I killed the St Johns. Most youtubers also fail the action sequence, so no help there.
    Dark_Star posted: »

I found these ones in my own playthroughs. I just consumed all game. Here we go; * If you revaled your past to Kenny's family in ''A Ne

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    I think it's Kenny if you don't give any food to him or the kids.
    VickH posted: »

When you have to feed 4 people in Starved for Help, if you feed Ben (1st or 2nd, I think), something along the lines of "(?) Others may not agree on your unpopular choice" appears and Kenny (and maybe Lilly? I don't remember) comes yelling at you :D

• That quick-time event is so fucking hard
    dqtl74 posted: »

I wish I could see Clem's reaction to Lee pointing his gun at Molly changing. I only remember the deflated one because my last playthrough I killed the St Johns. Most youtubers also fail the action sequence, so no help there.

• Does she really? I don't remember that!

• edited May 2014
    How you react to Vernon's gun-threat will determine what convince-him-to-come-with-you option will work.

In all cases, saying you have to go to Clementine will work, regardless of whether afterwards you said she was your daughter or not.

Silence also works in all cases too actually, Vernon will mention the possibility of you having sick people, and Lee will mention Omid.

If you Lie about having medical supplies. Vernon will believe you and come with you if you were nice, but will not believe you and call you on your lie if you were harsh.

If you threaten to kill him, Vernon will yield and come with you if you were harsh, but will not believe you and call you on your bluff if you were nice.

Oh yeah, and if you can get the whole group to come with you on the end of episode 4. When you come back, the letter by Vernon and the group may or may not contain an apology depending on whether you were good or bad to them.

Also, in 400 days, if you did harsh to them, one of the Vernon group members will mention Lee by name in a negative fashion, and if you left Kenny behind to guard the boat. Another one of the Vernon group members will mention beating up "the guy with the mustache"
  • I remember Sariata saying something about Kenny being sometimes dumb as a bag of hammers, but she still loves him in episode 3 of season 2.

Just like when Kenny said that Duck was as dumb as a bag of nails ;-;
  • Wow, I had no idea about the Molly one, that is really cool. The fact that Season 2 has very few things like this kind of sucks.
    Dark_Star posted: »

I found these ones in my own playthroughs. I just consumed all game. Here we go; * If you revaled your past to Kenny's family in ''A Ne

• I loved that silent option at the dinner. It's what I picked on my first playthrough.
    Zeruis posted: »

- You can stop Clem from swearing on the bridge in E2. Just fail the QTE and she won't say anything. - Clem will cover her ears when Luke and Kenny are fighting during dinner if you stay silent.

• The getting Kenny to stop the train seen is just amazing what-with all the variations. I think my favourite is to fight but lose. The stuff Kenny says is pretty brutal.
    HERO_1000 posted: »

If you fight Kenny in the train, you can end the fight in 3 different ways. Lee heavily chokes kenny(what most of us do, click to block

• I posted something in another thread about a chilling Pol Pot reference I found during 'In Harm's Way' that a lot of people probably missed. I'll repost it in case anybody's interested.

When Tavia is talking to Hank on the walkie talkie, she calls the people in the yard "the prisoners" before quickly correcting herself and saying "the new people". This line really sent a shiver down my spine because the term "new people" was first coined by Pol Pot and his communist regime after they took over Cambodia in the 70's. They used the term to refer to citizen who "strayed from the flock" including anyone who openly talked shit on the government, lived in cities, or just looked like they were smart (read: wore glasses).

Millions of these "new people" were herded out of the cities and into rural camps to be "rehabilitated". Between being starved, tortured, worked to death and getting hacked apart by the thousands in the Killing Fields, almost none of them survived.

Makes you wonder what might have happened if they didn't leave.
  • edited June 2017
    A information that will explain the "why was an 11 year old girl so confident about turning off the turbine" situation:

Remember good ol' Episode "A New Day"... and when Lee & Clementine were moving the table at the pharmacy, you have the option to ask Clem.

Lee: "What do your parents do?"

Clem: "My mom's a doctor and my dad is an engineer." Her dad was an engineer.
  • Doesn't it say Parson's on the bottle?
    Conduit42 posted: »

The alcohol that everybody seems to find in The Walking Dead Game is called Parsley's Whiskey.

• In Crawford, when the walkers bust in, you have the option (in my case, it happened accidentally) to shoot Molly, and the end result is the same as if you left her behind.

In the sewers, when you creep your way down the pipes (just above where the dead rats are), if you walk along the sides you'll just creep, but if you go straight down the middle, you will slip and slide down instead.
  • Cissy Jones is a complete badass.
    fugelot11 posted: »

This isn't really game related, but when Dee (In 400 days) is dying the voice actress Cissy Jones was in Labour while recording that dialogue. Now that is dedication!

• I thought I saw an 'ly' on the bottle. It's Pars-something though.
    Izzybutt posted: »

Doesn't it say Parson's on the bottle?

• edited May 2014
    Fun fact here, just cause... in 2010, Melissa Hutchison was an voice actress in game called Red Seed Profile, know widely as "Deadly Premonition", worst game ever made after the millennium, but actually its maybe THE best game ever made, cause of how bad it is and i love every badly rendered pixel of it.

Hutchison fortunately had only 15 lines total in the game, but it's quite interesting (not really) and maybe you should go and check this game out if you want hear 15 lines more Clementine (not really).
  • Nate at 0:55 XD

If you play silent Russell, you get this incredibly awkward scene with Nate. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dortu_w1z_s "...well, this is pretty fuckin' uncomfortable, ain't it?"

• Nate at 0:55 XD

If you play silent Russell, you get this incredibly awkward scene with Nate. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dortu_w1z_s "...well, this is pretty fuckin' uncomfortable, ain't it?"

• at least Ben did something useful for once
  • And he didn't really stop Larry from thinking that.

Larry: Oh yeah?! You and what homo parade?

Kenny: THIS ONE!

But, but... Katjaa and Duck are in front of Larry's eyes.... How can... Why?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.