More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [Ellis]

Like Liquid said, he has the most experience with cars, so I'm gonna say him

Domingez posted: »

Bradley loads his gun. They ran over to assist the strangers. All four of them storm into the department store merely managing to barricade

• edited June 2014

[Ellis]

Although I like the guy, I think he should go.

Bradley loads his gun. They ran over to assist the strangers. All four of them storm into the department store merely managing to barricade

• “I think, I should do it” responds Ellis quite surely.
    “You sure?” ask Katherine.
    “No...I mean yes I got it” Ellis smiles.

She looks through the front window - “Okay looks clear for now, don’t get clustered by the dead if you see more than two heading your way, don’t risk it just run back” Katherine orders.
    “Yes Sir, I’ll try not to be long” Ellis smirks.
    “Hold on, I found these walkie talkies in the electronic section, could come in handy if you end up in hairy situation” Katherine says with a bright smile.
    “Cool, I’ll let you know when to move out” says Ellis firmly.

Ellis slips out, he previously noticed two cars beside the gas station where he and Bradley were suppose to go earlier.

Back in the store.

“He’s not gonna make it you know” Bradley says suddenly.
    “Huh... what?” Katherine replies surprised.
    “Were all going to end up like those shit brains out there” Bradley responds coldly.
    “Stop being dramatic” says Katherine harshly looking through the window.
    “I had to kill this guy on the highway....he was bit and wanted me to end his life” Bradley continues in a cold tone.
    “And did you?” Katherine asks in slight shock.
    “Yes....I really thought I would find my sister...that she’s safe....that we would be safe from this nightmare” Bradley’s tone glooms.
    “She could still be alive, somewhere....sigh.....you did what you had to, when you’re bit it’s over either way” Katherine says trying to reassure him.

Silence.

“I’m going to check on Elias” Katherine says firmly.
    “Yeah sure” Bradley mutters.

“You okay kiddo” smiles Katherine.
    “I guess” Elias replies doubtfully.
    “When will we be moving out?” says Elias.
    “Soon, and when that happens don’t get separated from us, stay close” Katherine says decisively.
    Elias nods shyly.

“Come on you sonavabitch” mumbles Ellis trying to hotwire the car.
    As he takes a keep glance outside, he notices a large group of walkers heading for the department store, but also sees a herd closing in from the north.
    “Fuck, guys we have company, two herds” shouts Ellis through the radio in shock.
    “Come on start you piece of shit” Ellis mutters.

After a second the Jeep starts.
    “Finally” he yells.
    “I’m on my way guys” Ellis says through the radio.

“Fuck let’s go, creepers on the way” yells Katherine running towards the door.
    “Where’s Bradley?” Katherine questions in shock.
    “I..I don’t know” says Elias in fear.

“We don’t have time lets go” Katherine responds and opens the front entrance doors.

Katherine swings her machete killing four walkers that she stumbles upon protecting Elias.
    She notices the jeep waiting for them and a group of lurkers surrounding it. Ellis kills one through the windshield with his iron hoe, but other creepers advance towards his car door.
    She then sees Elias stabbing a walker with his knife, unfortunately the walker fell on him overwhelming him to the ground, he drops his knife and another lurker is closing in on him.

Major Choice: Heroics

[Save Elias] [Save Ellis]

• “I think, I should do it” responds Ellis quite surely.
    “You sure?” ask Katherine.
    “No...I mean yes I got it” Ellis smiles.

She looks through the front window - “Okay looks clear for now, don’t get clustered by the dead if you see more than two heading your way, don’t risk it just run back” Katherine orders.
    “Yes Sir, I’ll try not to be long” Ellis smirks.
    “Hold on, I found these walkie talkies in the electronic section, could come in handy if you end up in hairy situation” Katherine says with a bright smile.
    “Cool, I’ll let you know when to move out” says Ellis firmly.

Ellis slips out, he previously noticed two cars beside the gas station where he and Bradley were suppose to go earlier.

Back in the store.

“He’s not gonna make it you know” Bradley says suddenly.
    “Huh... what?” Katherine replies surprised.
    “Were all going to end up like those shit brains out there” Bradley responds coldly.
    “Stop being dramatic” says Katherine harshly looking through the window.
    “I had to kill this guy on the highway....he was bit and wanted me to end his life” Bradley continues in a cold tone.
    “And did you?” Katherine asks in slight shock.
    “Yes....I really thought I would find my sister...that she’s safe....that we would be safe from this nightmare” Bradley’s tone glooms.
    “She could still be alive, somewhere....sigh.....you did what you had to, when you’re bit it’s over either way” Katherine says trying to reassure him.

Silence.

“I’m going to check on Elias” Katherine says firmly.
    “Yeah sure” Bradley mutters.

“You okay kiddo” smiles Katherine.
    “I guess” Elias replies doubtfully.
    “When will we be moving out?” says Elias.
    “Soon, and when that happens don’t get separated from us, stay close” Katherine says decisively.
    Elias nods shyly.

“Come on you sonavabitch” mumbles Ellis trying to hotwire the car.
    As he takes a keep glance outside, he notices a large group of walkers heading for the department store, but also sees a herd closing in from the north.
    “Fuck, guys we have company, two herds” shouts Ellis through the radio in shock.
    “Come on start you piece of shit” Ellis mutters.

After a second the Jeep starts.
    “Finally” he yells.
    “I’m on my way guys” Ellis says through the radio.

“Fuck let’s go, creepers on the way” yells Katherine running towards the door.
    “Where’s Bradley?” Katherine questions in shock.
    “I..I don’t know” says Elias in fear.

“We don’t have time lets go” Katherine responds and opens the front entrance doors.

Katherine swings her machete killing four walkers that she stumbles upon protecting Elias.
    She notices the jeep waiting for them and a group of lurkers surrounding it. Ellis kills one through the windshield with his iron hoe, but other creepers advance towards his car door.
    She then sees Elias stabbing a walker with his knife, unfortunately the walker fell on him overwhelming him to the ground, he drops his knife and another lurker is closing in on him.

Major Choice: Heroics

[Save Elias] [Save Ellis]

• [Save Elias]

Let's hope that Ellis can handle them. :-D

“I think, I should do it” responds Ellis quite surely. “You sure?” ask Katherine. “No...I mean yes I got it” Ellis smiles. She looks th

• Save Elias, he seems 'Nicer'

“I think, I should do it” responds Ellis quite surely. “You sure?” ask Katherine. “No...I mean yes I got it” Ellis smiles. She looks th

• [Save Elias]

Who knows, maybe Ellis will drive towards us? (aka me grasping at straws)

• Let's give Ellis a chance.

[Save Ellis]

• Seems safe to say that Elias will be saved ;)
    Sorry for the double post early on. Next part should be up shortly.

• Damn this is going to be intense. It seems like Elias is going to be saved. I feel sorry for Ellis though, so he is getting my vote.

[Save Ellis]

• Katherine knew she had to rescue the child first, who was closer to her. She slashes the walkers head off and helps the kid up. After that, she glances to see if Ellis survived the attack. He struggles in the car with a walker, but manages to kill it. Suddenly Bradley appears firing many shots from his revolver finishing the rest of the lurkers surrounding the jeep. He jumps in, the duo drive up closer to Katherine and Elias allowing them to leap in. All four of them were back on the road leaving the city.

Joe

As he and Bradley parted in Riverdale, Joe was on his way to Jonesboro hoping to find his wife and daughter. He checks the glove box if it has a map or anything useful, on the plus side Joe finds a screwdriver which is sufficient enough to be used as a weapon, but on the downside no map or anything that would show which highway would take him directly to Jonesboro.

17 minutes later. Battlecreek Road near Lake Tara

“No...not now god dammit...fuck” Joe shouts as the car breaks down.
    He burns his hand trying to open the hood - “Fuck!!”
    Joe decides to go east through the woods, he gazes and see’s a huge house by the lake and walks towards it.

Knocks on the door.
    “Hello, I’m friendly please don’t shoot....I’m just lost” yells Joe.

Joe discovers that the door is open.
    As he enters the house, someone instantly points a hunting rifle to his temple.
    “Friendly people wait until the owner opens the door” says a stranger in a creepy tone.
    “I’m...I’m sorry...” stutters Joe.

The stranger in a black suit gazes coldly at Joe from top to bottom, while still pointing the rifle.
    “You’re not bit or anything? asks the stranger harshly.
    “No.....” Joe replies in fear.

The man lowers his gun slightly.
    “What do you want?” he asks rudely.
    “My car broke about 2 miles from here, I was heading for Jonesboro” Joe responds.
    “Well that’s just too bad, I don’t have a spare car for you or neither do I want to help you fix yours, and lastly I don’t really care” says the stranger unpleasantly.
    “Then why the fuck did you ask, if you don’t care!” responds Joe infuriated.
    “Good point” says the stranger as he lowers his gun completely.

Joe clenches his fist catches him off-guard and strikes the guy in the face, and snatches the rifle.
    “Don’t move” shouts Joe.
    “Please don’t shoot!” the stranger yells in desperation holding his bleeding nose.

Major choice: Mercy

[Kill the stranger] [Spare him]

• [Spare him]

Katherine knew she had to rescue the child first, who was closer to her. She slashes the walkers head off and helps the kid up. After that,

• [Spare him]

Maybe Joe can just take the strangers car instead of killing him.

I'm really happy that Ellis survived :D

Katherine knew she had to rescue the child first, who was closer to her. She slashes the walkers head off and helps the kid up. After that,

• [Spare him]

• [Spare him]

• edited June 2014

[Spare him]

Hmm, I guess he didn't do anything to deserve to die.

• Thank god you saved me :D

Pipas posted: »

[Save Elias] Let's hope that Ellis can handle them. :-D

• :D

• [Spare Him] im happy im still alive. :D

• Thank you everyone for voting ;)

Joe will spare the man.

• For a brief moment Joe points at the man with pure anger.
    He puts the rifle on a nearby table and sits on a chair, catching his breath.

“Fuck, I think you nearly broke my nose” the man says anxiously.
    “You were the one pointing the rifle” says Joe infuriated.
    “The rifle is not even loaded” says the stranger scoffing.

Joe’s eyes widened in disbelief as he checks the chamber.

“Haha.....aaw...aw..just got back from hunting....sort off....” says the stranger cheerfully.

Joe looks at him strangely and ponders, a guy about 27 years old dressed in a black suit claims he was out hunting.

“You don’t look like a hunter and hell you’re not even dressed for the part” Joe says jokingly.
    “That’s because I’m not, I don’t even like hunting, hell I hate it, my father loved this sport though....I saw a few of those monsters or vampires or whatever back in the woods and I shot and killed them” says the man.
    “Where is your father now?” Joe ask curiously.
    “He’s dead” said the stranger firmly.
    "Oh" says Joe with his eyebrows raised.

Silence.

“Name’s Joe by the way” said Joe.
    “I’m Ian” replies Ian.
    “So if you don’t have a car, maybe at least you can offer me something to eat” ask Joe bleakly.
    “I only have enough for myself, sorry” says Ian unpleasantly.
    “I tried to do this nicely.....hell I wasn’t really asking” mutters Joe as he advances to the kitchen.
    “Hey, don’t touch anything you thief” says Ian struggling to get up.
    “Don’t worry asshole, I’ll only take a bit just to calm my hunger” says Joe smiling.
    “Eat and get out, there’s a trailer park not far from here I saw some abandoned cars there” replies Ian arrogantly.
    “You’re coming with me” says Joe harshly.
    “Fuck no way” says Ian infuriated.
    “Then I’m taking your rifle just incase you decided to shoot me in the back, I’ll swing back here when I find a car and give you your weapon back” Joe responds in a tough tone.
    “How am I suppose to protect myself until then!” shouts Ian.
    “I don’t care, but I’m sure you think of something” says Joe sarcastically.

Trailer Park.

Joe observes the abandoned area, notices many bodies on the ground and old trucks left unattended.

[Examine trailers] [Examine the bodies] [Examine the trucks]

• edited June 2014

[Examine the trucks]

For a brief moment Joe points at the man with pure anger. He puts the rifle on a nearby table and sits on a chair, catching his breath.

• [Examine the trucks]

For a brief moment Joe points at the man with pure anger. He puts the rifle on a nearby table and sits on a chair, catching his breath.

• edited June 2014

[Examine Trailers]

• He decides to check one of the trucks first, but finds nothing. As Joe closes the car door
    an intimidating looking man, holds him at gunpoint.

“Who the fuck are you?” yells the man holding an automatic 9mm pistol.
    “Damn not this again...” mutters Joe.
    “I’m serious who are you? you ain’t with those wacky bikers are you?” shouts the man with his eyes widened.
    “Do I look like a biker to you? I need a vehicle that’s all” Joe says impatiently.
    “Where are you heading?” says the man lowering his gun.
    “Far away from here, I need to get to Jonesboro, my family is there” says Joe.
    “I had to kill a whole bunch of these dead clowns to get here” replies the man taking a deep breath.
    “You’re on the run or something?” says Joe slightly widening his eyes.
    “Hell no, well kinda, I was at a bar when the dead started walking, I pissed off some bikers by stealing one of their bikes, they started shooting at me, the fuel tank got hit and I broke down not far from here” says the man in a gravelly voice.
    “Fuck how far is this so called bar?” asks Joe fearfully.
    “About 6-7miles damn I don’t know, I can’t stay here” the man responds.
    “There’s a huge house down this path, you can hide there, oh I’m Joe by the way” says Joe.
    “Name’s Blake, Blake Amairo” said Blake firmly shaking his hand.

Blake was a tall and tough looking fellow, he had a black leather jacket with a Brazilian flag patch sewed on his left arm and black faded jeans with matching black military boots. He also has a scar on his right cheek giving a rather intimidating look with an additional mohawk hairstyle tapering off into a point at the nape of his neck.

“Have you had a chance to check those trailers” asks Joe as he starts the truck.
    “I checked those two over there, not much to take, just food basically” Blake replies toughly.

The House.

Joe and Blake rush into the house.

“Hey Ian were you at?” yells Joe.

Ian was sitting and chilling on his father’s sofa, drinking scotch.

“Oh hey you came back after all, where’s my goddamn rifle” says Ian in a drunk state.
    “What’s with James Bond here” jokes Blake.
    “I met this guy about half an hour ago, wanted to shoot my brains out” says Joe smirking.
    “Fuck you all, and get the fuck out of my house” yells Ian laying on the sofa half awake.
    “Damn, this place is huge, this guy is one rich asshole” Blake says while looking around.
    “Lets get some supplies and hit the road” says Joe decisively.
    “Hell, I’m taking some of these fine booze” Blake jokes.

18 minutes later

“You all make sure to check this house, we have to hurry the dead are heading this way ” yells the unknown biker who seems to be the leader.
    “Will do Johnny” yells the biker dressed in a green denim jacket.
    “I’ll swing from the back” shouts another biker.

“Jesus, fuck” Blake mumbles to himself.
    He slides towards the window slightly uncovers the curtain and notices two approaching the door and a third guy going around the back of the house.
    “What are you....you....shit” Ian mumbles in his drunk sleep.

Joe was on the other side of the house in the kitchen packing food and supplies, probably unaware of the situation outside.

What will Blake do?

Major Choice: Terror

[Hide alone in the cupboard] [Hide with Ian in the bathroom]
    [Warn Joe] [ Go gun blazing]

• [Warn Joe]

He decides to check one of the trucks first, but finds nothing. As Joe closes the car door an intimidating looking man, holds him at gunpo

• [Warn Joe]

He decides to check one of the trucks first, but finds nothing. As Joe closes the car door an intimidating looking man, holds him at gunpo

• [Warn Joe]

• [Warn Joe]

• Hiiiiiiiii Amairo my guy's heere :D

[GO GUN BLAZING]

• With Ian drunk and passed out Blake thought that the bikers won’t do him any harm, unless they find out Blake is in the house.....
    He crouches and proceeds to the kitchen to warn Joe.

“Hey get down” Blake whispers loudly.
    “What the hell” Joe says disorientated.
    “Bikers, two coming from the front and one from the back” whispers Blake.
    “Fuck, what about Ian?” Joe asked with concern.
    “He passed out” said Blake.
    “Quick to the bedroom across the hall” Joe whispers with his eyes widened.

Joe looks towards the back door noticing a man trying to break the lock. The duo whisked to the bedroom and hid under the bed.

“Good hiding place genius” jokes Blake.
    “Stay quiet and they will go away, let’s hope they won't consider killing Ian” whispers Joe in a serious tone.
    “Why would they kill him? I don’t care for the guy anyway” whispers Blake.
    “You’re one cold sonavabitch aren't ya” remarks Joe.
    “If they find us, I’ll be ready” says Blake firmly taking out his automatic pistol.

The bikers enter through the front door and proceed to the living room.

“Looks at this place, you believe this Nigel” says a biker ecstatically.
    “Hey some dude on the couch” remarks a muscular looking guy.
    “Damn, he stinks with booze......hey wake up” said Nigel slapping Ian who doesn’t seem too bothered.
    “Quick, check upstairs” says the other biker.

Nigel runs upstairs, while the third man enters from the back.

“Nothing here?” yells a chubby looking guy.
    “Nah, just found some dude here on the couch looks like he passed out, go have a look over there, yell if you find that asshole who stole my bike” says the biker while checking Ian’s jacket.

The leader enters the house.

“No one up here, the house is quiet as a church” shouts Nigel while walking downstairs.
    “Hmm....seems like it” says the leader with narrowed eyes gazing around.

The chubby man enters the bedroom, stands for a minute and doesn’t hear a peep, he opens the cupboard on the left side of the bed, under which Joe and Blake are hiding. He finds nothing but old clothes and exits.
    "That was too close" whispers Joe.

“Nothing back here” says the chubby man.

The leader’s face fills with anger as he walks back and forth.
    “Okay fucker I’m gonna count to three, if you don’t show up, I’ll put a round in this drunk bastard” shouts the leader in rage.

“1”

“Fuck he’s going to kill him” whispers Joe in shock.
    “If I come out he’ll kill me, I’m not going out like that” whispers Blake rigidly.

“2”

“This is fucked up” whispers Joe hysterically.
    “He won’t kill him, calm the fuck down” Blake whispers loudly.

What should Joe do?

[Stay silent] [Surrender]

• [Stay Silent]

With Ian drunk and passed out Blake thought that the bikers won’t do him any harm, unless they find out Blake is in the house..... He crou

• [Stay Silent]

With Ian drunk and passed out Blake thought that the bikers won’t do him any harm, unless they find out Blake is in the house..... He crou

• [Stay silent]

Bye Ian. :-D

• [Stay silent]

• edited June 2014

“3”

BAM

“Shit” Joe whispers in shock.

Moment of silence.

“Huh.....looks like this place is empty after all” says the leader surprisingly.
    “Let’s go creepers will be here any minute and that gunshot sure as hell attracted them” says Nigel.
    “Yeah, it’s a wrap boys taking anything useful and let’s hit the road that fucker shouldn’t have gotten far” says the leader
    The bikers exit the house.

“We have to go check on Ian” says Joe worriedly.
    “No, wait it could be a trick, lets wait it out until they drive away at least” whispers Blake.

About 14 minutes later.

Joe and Blake quietly move out of the bedroom and into the hallway. They look around, Blake slides over to the window and looks outside while Joe checks on Ian.

“Looks quiet” whispers Blake.
    “He didn’t shoot him” Joe says cheerfully.
    “What’s going on....?” asks Ian drunkenly.
    “You don’t wanna know” jokes Joe.
    “Hey you two done, let’s get are things and get the hell away from this place” Blake says rigidly.

Joe helps Ian sit up and gives him a cup of water. Behind the couch a cupboard is situated and one of the bikers leaps out revealing himself pointing the gun at Blake.

“There you are fucker” yells Nigel in a creepy smile.
    “Wait till Johnny hears about this” says Nigel cheerfully.

Joe, Ian and Blake look at each other in disbelief. Joe see’s an opportunity to take the gun from Nigel, he clenches his teeth and charges towards him, the two end up struggling on the floor a gunshot goes off.
    Nigel gets up and notices the end of Blake’s automatic pistol pointing at his forehead.

“Fucker” says Blake as he fires a round into the bikers head.

Nigel fells to the ground. Blake notices that Joe is shot in the chest.
    “Oh God, hold on man” Blake says with his eyes widened as he kneels on one leg.
    “Ian go get some towels and bandages” yells Blake.

Ian looks at the whole situation in shock, as he runs upstairs.
    “Fuck I ain’t going to make it” says Joe faintly.
    “You are, just don’t give up” whispers Blake.
    “If you end up.....in Jonesboro....find my family....her name’s Karen.....and Lucy” says Joe with his last breath.

End of Chapter 3

• Chapter 4 will take place in another state introducing some new interesting characters and there will be a slight time skip.

Iowa arc coming soon ;)

• Noo! Poor Joe. :-(

“3” BAM “Shit” Joe whispers in shock. Moment of silence. “Huh.....looks like this place is empty after all” says the leader surp

• See ya in another life Joe...

That's exactly what I love about this fanfic. Even major characters aren't safe and can die suddenly, while newcomers like Blake quickly manage to become major characters themselves. Meanwhile the body count is kept low (so far), which makes the deaths even more shocking. You really did great work so far :)

“3” BAM “Shit” Joe whispers in shock. Moment of silence. “Huh.....looks like this place is empty after all” says the leader surp

• Joe my buddy :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.