Interactive Fanfiction: The Road Ahead.

Comments

• how about the Samuel Mason resubmit?

TWD_25 posted: »

Yeah I got her, I just forgot but she's up now.

• edited July 2014

Oh god, my hype intensifies!

I saw them, I've got some plans for them.

• I got him fixed now.

how about the Samuel Mason resubmit?

• edited July 2014

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 3/5]

[Choose Bow & Arrow] [Protect Cynthia]

"You can count on me, come on Cynthia.'' I said to Matthew trying to assure him, he still looked a little stressed but he ran to the outside to keep biters from breaking in the windows. I grabbed the bow & arrow out of Zaphaeus's hand. Cynthia & I walked up the stairs she let me put my hand on her shoulder to support my leg. Great to see a nice kid raised right. Although I'm not completely sure about that, Matthew struck me as a jerk somewhat. Upstairs there were more bookshelves and a corner filled with desk & chairs with a skylight above. I took a seat to rest my leg. Cynthia stood there glancing at me and the Bow & Arrow.

"Do you know how to use that?" Cynthia looked timidly.

"Not unless you count summer camp, I was around your age, but don't worry I wasn't too terrible, actually pretty good at it." but this time instead of aiming at a bullsye I was aiming at dead people. The quiver looks it could hold about 12 arrows, but there were only 7 in there.

"Oh, uhh okay.." Cynthia looked pretty scared. "Is my dad gonna okay?" she asked.

"I'm sure he's just stressed out. He really cares about you." I had no clue if he was always this way or not but I knew he was really protective of Cynthia.

"Well yeah that too but will he be okay?" She pointed out the window, I looked out & saw the group shooting at them, they were all using there handguns shooting at them but it didn't do anything. Occasionally one would fall down. It looked pretty dangerous, there were probably one or two dozen surrounding them. I turned back to Cynthia,Tears started welling up in her eyes. She covered her ears trying to block out all the gunshots & moans and started rocking herself in a fetal position.

"Hey, hey it's okay, they're probably fine." I tried comforting Cynthia, I got up off the chair and awkwardly patted her back. I wasn't to great at comforting people. "Do you like books?" I asked her.

She got up & I saw her smile for the first time since I saw her. "I love books!" That was quick. I said to myself. I looked around for a kids book, but by the time I came back she was already reading a lengthy looking book. Probably best not to bother her right now. I thought to myself. I hobbled over to look for supplies we may need. I went into the storage room which was on the other side of the 2nd floor. It had a flashlight, some water bottles and a couple of blankets, these might be useful later. I grabbed them and put them in my backpack. My backpack and the Bow & Arrow were getting in each others way. Maybe Cynthia could hold onto the backpack though. I turned on the flashlight, it shined brightly.

"Hey Cynthia? I got you something.''

"Is it a book?" Cynthia got really excited

"Ha, no I need you to hold onto this." I handed her the backpack. She looked confused.

"Why? It looks kinda boyish." She said clearly a little displeased. It wasn't even boyish, it was a royal blue color & had some smiley stickers on it.

"It'll be just like having a backpack from school." I said trying to trick her into holding it.

"Okay, I'll try it. It has stickers? This is so cool!" It didn't take that much to make this kid happy."What's your name again?" asked Cynthia "Rachel" I replied back." "Oh cool, my name's Cynthia." I already knew that but she never had the chance to introduce herself. I smiled & looked out the window. My smile had disappeared. hundreds of biters began showing up. I saw as them closing in on the group. The noise must attract them. I opened the window

"GET INSIDE! YOUR ATTRACTING MORE WITH NOISE!" I yelled, kinda ironic I yelled because they were making to much noise. Nonetheless they all still ran back inside and into the 2nd floor as fast as they could.

"We're out of ammo!" Zaphaeus exclaimed, his labcoat was ripped apart in the shooting. "Great what do we do now?" I asked. They all looked at each other confused on what to do next. "There's a skylight up above!" Cynthia pointed out. "Grab a desk and get up there!" I yelled at them, they began pushing the desk to the skylight. I was the only one with a weapon that didn't involve ammo.

As they came up the stairs I reached for my arrow, I nocked the arrow, I pulled the string all the way back to my right cheek and released. Out of pure luck I was able to hit one in the head, killing it for good, I reached back for another arrow, draw, aimed for the head and released, another arrow, draw, aimed and release, another arrow, draw, aim & release. That last one hit the neck, but it didn't stop the biter. He kept walking towards me with his hands stretched out. I didn't have time for shooting again all the walkers from outside had found there way in & were coming up the stairs. I climbed up to the desk, it had shattered glass everywhere. I could see everyone was already on the rooftop. Zaphaeus gave me his hand & pulled me up.

"Thanks Zaphaeus." I said slightly out of breath. That storm I thought was coming only turned out to be a drizzle. "No problem. I'm on your side, remember?" He said. I gave him a small smile, It was nice to have a friend with me. A friend. Oh shit, we should check up on Selena soon.

"We're all on your side." James said as he stepped up, Bridgit stepped up to holding his hand. "Thank you for taking care of her while I was out." Matthew said. "I'm sorry for being a shitbag back there, but I have to think of what's best for Cynthia first. No hard feelings?" I looked at Matthew. "I guess not, you were just trying to protect her... You taught her well, she's a good one." I said back to Matthew. He smiled & walked back to Cynthia. James & Bridgit walked back & started talking to Milfred. "Where's Isaac?" I asked Zaphaeus. He pointed me over to the corner of the roof I saw him & limped up to him. "You feeling okay?" I asked Isaac I hadn't talked to him for a while.

"Yeah, just a little scratch on my hand. No big deal." I looked down at his hand. It was just a small looking scratch. "I'm kinda cold though." He said a little groggy, I could understand that. It was about 45 degrees outside right now. " Lucky for you I think we have just enough blankets for everyone here.'' I walked up to Cynthia's new backpack & told her to help me pass these around. I went back to Isaac & handed him a blanket.

"I never got to tell you about my past." He said a little groggy. It was about "And you don't need to." I told him, I didn't want him to tell me something if he wasn't comfortable with it. "But you told me your past, I owe you." I didn't tell him about my past all I said was that I was looking for my friend at the library. I let him continue. "When this started today, I had a wife & a daughter. Now they're gone. My wife she uhh- she overdosed on some pills. I was pissed, but I was heartbroken when I found out she did the same to our daughter. Who was she to decide if she got to live or die? It got worse. She turned on me and- I killed her and than I went to Meghan's room to finish her off too. I just couldn't handle them living like that for the rest of there lives. But there gone now, and that's gonna live in me forever. When I saw you getting attacked you reminded me so much of her. I'm sorry for being so sappy." He said wholeheartedly.

"Oh my god. Isaac I'm sorry. If there's anything you need-" I felt like telling him my past but I didn't want to, I've told nobody about my past really.

"Just let me rest." He said. I agreed it was pretty late. And we needed some rest to go find Selena in the morning.

"Zaphaeus, We're going to find Selena in the morning right? I know where she's at she's just working at the resturaunt. We could all go in the morning."

"Wait, wait, wait." Fredo interrupted the conversation. Where do you think your going in this condition? You have a slight concussion, you need a couple more days rest, anyways with your leg your not gonna make it anywhere." He made an imperious demand

"What about food? We need some food Fredo." Zaphaeus said. "A couple of days without food won't kill us." he remarked.

"The longer we wait the more likely Selena is dead." I said. I was getting slightly agitated with Fredo telling me what to do.

"Well it's up to you Rachel of what you want to do." Zaphaeus said.

[We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not] [I guess your right, I need to rest up.]

Sorry for posting it later than I planned, I'm gonna try to become stricter with my posting times.

I've got a question for y'all, when you read these fan-fictions do you imagine them in Video game/Comic style or Real life?

• [I guess you're right, I need to rest up.]

I hop back and forth between the two. I normally think of video game style for tense scenes, and real life for everything else.

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 3/5] [Choose Bow & Arrow] [Protect Cynthia] "You can count on me, come on Cynthia.'' I said t

• [We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not]

• [We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not.]

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 3/5] [Choose Bow & Arrow] [Protect Cynthia] "You can count on me, come on Cynthia.'' I said t

• edited July 2014

[We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not], because I'd be sad if Selena would die :(

For your question: I try to imagine the story in Real life style, but I have a problem not imaging zombies in Telltales comic-style.

• Voting is closed! Rachel will [Leave in the morning.]

• edited July 2014

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Pat 4/6]

[We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not]

"I honestly don't care about that Fredo. All I wanna do is find my best friend whether you like it or not." I towered over him.

"Fine then, be my guest. And if you get your stomach torn open guts hanging out I won't be there to say I told you so. I'm going to bed." Fredo stormed off to his blanket.

"He wasn't like that when I met him, he's actually a really nice guy, give him time & he'll come around." Zaphaeus said. "I hope your right because if he's still like this in the morning-" Zaphaeus cut me off. "We don't leave people behind." Zapheus boldly stated. "Get some sleep."

7:00 a.m

I woke up to the sound of a loud scream, just like earlier this morning. But this time I could only distinguish one scream. Almost everyone got up at the same time looking in horror. I rubbed my eyes & stood up, my head a little dizzy from standing up to fast. "Get the FUCK off of me!" Fredo was wrestling with a biter. How the hell? It was empty last night. I thought. "Rachel grab your arrow!" I heard a voice call out to me, it sounded like James.

"Fredo!" I yelled as I grabbed my bow & arrow. I reached for an arrow, pulled back the string, aimed and released. The arrow flew across the roof like a rocket. I looked in horror as the arrow plunged in Fredo's neck, killing him almost instantly. I stood there shocked "You- You Fucking bitch! You killed Fredo!" James yelled at me. I saw him he ran up to the walker and kicked it's brains in with his foot multiple times, he must've learned that the head is what kills.

I stood there in an agonizing silence, I felt a lump crawl up my throat, my eyes began to water & my vision blurred. I was crying because I killed somebody.

"Fredo? Fredo. No, Fredo come on, please no." James desperately said trying to revive his friend. I saw James fall to his knees and start weeping even through my blurry vision. This was a nightmare. I saw Cynthia too, she didn't say a word, she just clenched on to her dad's waist tightly. I couldn't take it any more, if there was a gun I know what I'd use it for right now.

I walked up closer to Fredo's dead body, his face looked like it had a chunk torn off and you could see his guts still hanging out the biters mouth. I looked at the biter, he had a beanie, black hair &- Oh god this was Isaac. He still looked like how I remember him from last night, other than the fact his skull was smashed in. I grimaced at the sight of it. Did he know this was happening to him?

I walked up to James who was still next to Fredo's dead body. "James?" I asked trying to keep myself collected. He slowly turned his head to me and gave me an angry scowl and turned back to Fredo's body. Zaphaeus signaled me over to him with his hand. I walked over to him.

"This wasn't your fault, It was that stragglers fault and besides, James shouldn't have told you to shoot if you weren't ready." Zaphaeus tried to comfort me but I knew I had almost everything to do with killing Fredo. "That straggler you're talking about was Isaac." I said I tried to avoid eye contact with Zaphaeus when I said it. "Jesus. How'd that happen?" Zaphaeus looked at me but I still wouldn't make eye contact with him. "He showed me a scratch last night. He thought he could control it, it was only a scratch! He could've gotten it from fighting off the biters last night though." I said to Zaphaeus he looked rather upset.

If you want you go apologize to James, I know it wasn't your fault, but it may smooth things over." Zaphaeus walked away still looking upset. I walked past the rest of the group on my way to try and talk to James again. Cynthia & her dad Matthew were sitting down with Cynthia with her arms still wrapped around Matthew. Bridgit & Milfred who I haven't really gotten to talk to were both staring at the ground with a hollow look, Cynthia pushed her long blonde hair out of her face and looked at me, not angry or sad, but a look that seemed rather empty, like she couldn't emote.

I walked up to James again trying to muster up the courage to apologize. I was never to good with apologies since I usually didn't make any but I didn't want James to lose it.

"James?" I asked softly

"What do you want?" He said with his angry tone of voice.

"I came to apologize, I shouldn't have taken that shot & if I didn't maybe he'd still be walking around right now." James took note of what I just said.

"I told you to shoot. It was me who told you. DAMMIT!" He hit the roof with his fist. "He was my friend Rachel & he's gone now. I shouldn't have made you shoot. I'm just, I don't know. It's just... This new world is so different and stressful, I already watched my best friend die in front of my eyes because of me & I just took it out on you. What's next am I gonna murder a baby?" James had a lump in his throat that made him sound like he was about to cry again.

"It's okay, you're a good guy, I can tell. Hell I even hate myself. I'm so sorry James. He's in a better place." I walked over to Cynthia and took a water bottle out of her backpack. I knew that used to calm me down.

"Thanks Rachel, I'm not always an asshole, I can remember when Fredo, Bridgit & I went down to the homeless shelter to work &-" James was cut off, he was grabbed by a biter, it was Fredo How the hell? He wan't even bitten! I thought to myself. who started tugging at his leg. James was about a foot taller & a hundred pounds heavier than Fredo but these things were relentless. Fredo started pulling himself up to James's ankle & was getting ready to sink his teeth into his leg. I looked down at my bow, my hand shaking. I could probably make it. I was only a couple yards away.

[Push Walker off] [Shoot Walker with bow & arrow]

Sorry if this choice seems too easy & that we didn't leave to go find Selena but we'll find out her fate in the next chapter! And i'm sorry if your character is dead now. but you can resubmit a new one. & Sorry if this chapter wasn't that good, I was kinda in a rush.

• edited July 2014

[Shoot Walker]

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Pat 4/6] [We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not] "I honestly don't care about that

• [Shoot Walker with bow and arrow]

• [Shoot walker with bow and arrow]

• edited July 2014

[Shoot Walker with bow & arrow]

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Pat 4/6] [We're leaving in the morning, whether you like it or not] "I honestly don't care about that

• [Push walker off.] I don't trust Rachel with bow and arrow yet, and she shouldn't waste her arrows.

• [Push Walker off]

• edited July 2014

[Push Walker Off] So she doesn't end up shooting anyone else, Rachel always has time to practice her not so sharp Bow and Arrow skills later, but for now she can push the Walker off so that she or someone else can take care of it individually.

• [Push Walker off]

• [Push Walker off]

I said to get a dagger but no......... Rachel will use a bow and arrow they said! she totally won't use 5 of her 7 arrows in two parts they said!

• edited July 2014

Lol yeah, but every weapon had it's perks & consequences. If she picked the dagger she wouldn't have made it to Fredo on time, if she picked a sword she'd be to clumsy with it at the beginning plus not make it to Fredo. & if she chose a gun she'd still shoot Fredo in the head.

[Push Walker off] I said to get a dagger but no......... Rachel will use a bow and arrow they said! she totally won't use 5 of her 7 arrows in two parts they said!

• [Push Walker off]

This is the second fanfic I've been best friends with Fredo in (I'm James), and I find it pretty funny that both times he's been brutally murdered by walkers.

• edited July 2014

Voting is closed Rachel will [Push Walker off]

Do you have any critisim about the story so far, I want to hear from you guys on what I should fix.

• Hold on......

How did Fredo turn if he got shot in the head?

Lol yeah, but every weapon had it's perks & consequences. If she picked the dagger she wouldn't have made it to Fredo on time, if she pi

• edited July 2014

Shit. I originally put neck & edited it to head than I edited it to neck again but I guess I didn't. I'm fixing this. Thanks for reminding me.

Hold on...... How did Fredo turn if he got shot in the head?

• It was an honest mistake. Everyone has brain farts every once and a while.

Shit. I originally put neck & edited it to head than I edited it to neck again but I guess I didn't. I'm fixing this. Thanks for reminding me.

• In my fanfic he was brutally murdered by another group member. That was an awful scene to write. Mostly because Fredo knew who was the killer, but nobody believed him and Fredo himself was convicted as a possible killer. I felt very bad for this guy.

[Push Walker off] This is the second fanfic I've been best friends with Fredo in (I'm James), and I find it pretty funny that both times he's been brutally murdered by walkers.

• I thought he was the killer at first, I was really shocked to find out he wasn't. That was a really good beginning.

In my fanfic he was brutally murdered by another group member. That was an awful scene to write. Mostly because Fredo knew who was the killer, but nobody believed him and Fredo himself was convicted as a possible killer. I felt very bad for this guy.

• I thought he was the killer at first, I was really shocked to find out he wasn't. That was a really good beginning.

In my fanfic he was brutally murdered by another group member. That was an awful scene to write. Mostly because Fredo knew who was the killer, but nobody believed him and Fredo himself was convicted as a possible killer. I felt very bad for this guy.

• I'm loving it so far. As to things you could improve, I can't really think of any issues. Keep up the wonderful writing!

Voting is closed Rachel will [Push Walker off] Do you have any critisim about the story so far, I want to hear from you guys on what I should fix.

• Thank you! :)

I'm loving it so far. As to things you could improve, I can't really think of any issues. Keep up the wonderful writing!

• I'm sorry I've been absent the past couple of days, I wish I had an excuse of to why I haven't been posting but I don't, I'm also a really slow writer, it takes me a while to come up with some good ideas and I try to have every character represented well. With that being said chapter 5 is being edited right now & I've already planned chapter 6 and the start of E2.

• edited July 2014

Episode one- The Journey Ahead [Part 5/6]

I looked down at my bow. This really necessary Rachel? You just killed a guy with this & you'll kill another if you take that shot. I dropped the bow. I eyed Fredo down, there was definitely nothing in their anymore. I ran as fast as somebody with a limp could. It hurt like hell running on it but I was able to tackle Fredo before he could dig into James leg. I held Fredo down & looked for a weapon. I held him down as long as I could but he was getting stronger and more relentless.

"Somebody help me!" I blindly reached for a weapon desperately hoping to find something, nothing. Fredo had flipped me over and pinned me to the ground, there was nothing I could do that would get me out, I reached my hand out to his face and stuck my thumb up my eye hoping it'd buy me some time. It tipped Fredo over a good bit & got him off for a second. I felt him coming forward when I heard a loud thump. I looked up, It only took one swing & the biter had stopped moving. James held a bloody crowbar & looked over his best friends body once more, the arrow was still in his neck, and you could see Fredo's brain spilled out. It was rather traumatic. Matthew held Cynthia tightly as she looked away, the whole group cringed at the sight of it. I got up again, this was the second time one of those things had killed me. It wasn't long until the dreaded silence turned into a chaotic commotion.

"How did he come back to life? I thought Rachel's bow killed him. Did Isaac get him?" Matthew said still distraught from Fredo’s dead body. "Maybe Isaac bit him in his sleep?" Bridgit pondered for answers. "But he would've felt that." Matthew countered back. "Then what made him turn?" Bridgit questioned. It finally struck me; Isaac brought it up last night.

"The bite doesn't kill... You turn, no matter what." I said. The group all turned to me with a confused look. "Isaac said last night that his wife killed herself and her da- well the important thing is she killed herself. Isaac said she turned and well, that's that. Nobody makes it through this without facing the inevitable."

"My god, where all gonna turn one day? What?" Matthew paced around the roof in with his arms around his head.

"Dad, what's happening?" Cynthia started hyperventilating. Matthew calmed her down by holding her like he's been doing all along.

"That must be why it happened so fast. Car crashes, suicides, murders, hell anything that kills you!" Bridgit hysterically said as she twiddled her hair nervously.

"That might not be the case. When you destroy the brain, it kills them for good. Wouldn't it kill us for good also?" Milfred gestured with his hands; I never noticed he was missing two of his fingers on his left hand.

"He has a point, If it kills them why wouldn't it kill us for good too?" Zaphaeus added. He added on to the conversation.

"Let’s not wait to find out.” James said coldly as he got up and gathered his gear, he held onto the crowbar tightly still. There was a ladder that lead to the ground, the group had gone down; I pulled my arrow out of Fredo’s neck. “I’m so sorry.” I walked away slowly and climbed down the ladder.
    “Rachel, where exactly are we going?” Bridgit asked me. She seemed pretty laid back from what I usually saw of her but there was an unusual tenseness to her voice.

“Just to a restaurant, there should be some survivors in there; it’s not too far from here, plus there should be some food & water.”

“Great, I’m really thirsty; none of us have had much to drink since all this started… Do you think James will be fine? I’ve never seen him go from so angry, to depressed in a matter of hours. He’s usually kept his emotions to himself.” Bridgit said.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine, this new world is gonna change people for good or bad but we got to keep pushing through.” I replied back to her. “Cynthia has some water in her backpack if you’re thirsty.”

“So I guess you don’t think things are gonna get better? It’s only been a day Rachel, the government is probably fixing this as we speak, we just got to make sure we’re alive when they come through.” She said. Bridgit moved her blonde locks out of her face and looked at me with her dazzling green eyes, she was really beautiful and about my height.

I said nothing, I just kept walking. Bridgit walked over to Cynthia and asked her nicely for a water bottle, she seemed to be good with kids as she made Cynthia laugh a little, but I’m not sure what she said.
    I looked at James who seemed to be leading the group to the restaurant. He looked traumatized still. I saw Zaphaeus and Milfred discussing something in the back of the group. Milfred couldn’t walk as fast as everyone else, he looked a little bony and weak. Zaphaeus helped him up to make sure he wouldn’t fall and supported him.

1 hour later

We had almost made it to the restaurant, relatively unscathed; it took us a little while to get there due to trying to avoid many of the biters. The few we did encounter James smashed with his crowbar. I talked to him. He said he just wanted to be left alone for a little while though. I don’t blame him, I’d be much worse if I had to smash in Zaphaeus’s or Selena’s head in.

There were a few of the biters surrounding the restaurant, maybe 6 or 8. “I need some of y’all to stay back here for a while. Rachel and I will go in and take care of these things.” I looked at him stunned, Why would he want me? I just killed Fredo less than 5 hours ago. It was probably because I was the only other one who didn’t have an empty gun.

“What about us? What if we get caught by crawlers here? “Zaphaeus said, he wasn’t too comfortable with this idea.

“Then y’all need to come to us as fast as possible. I wouldn’t count on it though; these bushes and trees act as a good cover.” He said sternly, I detected a hint of depression coming from his voice. I and he walked to the restaurant anyways. The restaurant was pretty tiny, it looked kinda retro diner themed.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked James, he seemed rather distant but he spoke up anyways.

“What’s done is done is done. He would’ve wanted me to move on. I just wish I got to tell him goodbye. And that I didn’t force you to shoot, it’s my fault he’s dead.”
    “It’s not your fault James, no way. I was the one who shot the bow.” I replied

“Well then, I guess it’s both our faults.” He didn’t even stop to look at me. He just kept looking forward at the biters. “Get that bow ready.” He said to me, they were a couple hundred yards away; I got my bow ready, pulled one out of the quiver and aimed. Headshot.

“Nice shot.” James said. I smiled awkwardly.

I grabbed another arrow, nocked it on the bow and aimed. The biter fell over, it was a headshot.

“One more arrow, we need to get rid of as many as we can.” I said as I pulled an arrow out, nocked it and release. It barely missed. “I guess were going in now. We walked a couple hundred yards to the outside of the restaurant, I counted how many there were now, 2 with arrows in their head and 5 still walking around.

James hit one with his crowbar, it took another swing and the biter fell over. I saw another biter coming up to James behind his back. I grabbed my bow and strangled tried strangling it by its neck. “James!” He turned around and hit the biter repeatedly with his crowbar. I let go of the biter and put my bow back up. James ran up to another biter when one of those things had grabbed on to my long dark black hair. I screamed in agony, it pushed me down onto the ground. It really didn’t feel too good with my concussion hitting the ground once more. I looked around for something. I couldn’t use my bow, it was under my back. I spotted an arrow that had killed one of them earlier an armslength away from me. I reached for the arrow and began pulling it out. I had to use all my strength to keep that biter off me while grabbing the arrow. I finally yanked the arrow out the head & lodged it into this one’s eye. Its limp body fell over on top of mine and I managed to push it off. It looks like James had taken care of the rest.

“You okay?” He asks rather concerned. I heard a creak of a door open and I turned my head.

“Rachel?” I heard the familiar voice say. I looked at the figure. I knew exactly who it was

“Selena!” I had the biggest grin on my face. I ran up to hug her. She hugged me back. I was so happy I thought she would be dead or bitten but she was okay. I saw tears run down her eyes which I never saw before. She wiped them off before I could notice but I could tell.

“So who’s your group here?” She points to them. I see that they’ve come out of the pines by now.

“I met them at the library, they were with Zaphaeus. I’m sorry I didn’t come here first but- but Zaphaeus was in trouble and I knew you could take care of yourself.”

“Things haven’t exactly been easy here Rachel, dammit I just wish you called me you asswipe.” Selena chuckled a bit, I began too see a bit of her old self again. “Hey why don’t I show y’all the inside.” Selena leaned into me. We can trust these people right? Because the group inside won’t like it if you come in gun’s blazing”

“Relax; we’re out of ammo anyways.” I said to Selena. She held the door open for the group eying everyone carefully; she gave Zaphaeus a punch on the arm when she saw him walk in and had a small chuckle.

I looked around, the windows were barricaded with wooden planks. Almost all the tables were either booths in a padded red skin or bar stools of the same color. This whole place gave off a retro theme. I saw a little girl about Cynthia’s age who had straight somewhat messy auburn hair that came to her shoulders and lot’s of freckles. She was coloring a picture. There was a guy who looked a lot like Fredo but with dark brown hair instead of black hair, he also seemed a bit younger than Fredo. There was what looked like a mom and a son and they both looked Irish. The boy probably fourteen and his mom in her mid thirties. She looked at us and called her boy over. They both had the same sharp green eyes.
    “Selena. Who the hell are these people?” I heard a pleasant voice call out to her.

“Tony this is Zaphaeus and Rachel, they’re my friends. These other people I have no fucking idea but Rachel said they’re all right, they can’t even harm anybody. They’ve got no ammo.” I heard that name before. Selena had brought it up before. It was her brother. He moved in and I looked as I could finally see what he looked like. Tony looked a lot like Selena; both were attractive with dark brown hair. Tony had his hair styled nice and short even though we were in the middle of hell. But Tony was tall with green eyes & unlike Selena who was pretty average height with hazel eyes.

“Well y’all better make sure you watch the fuck out, if any of you hurt my little sister-“ Tony was cut off by his sister

“Tony! Shut the fuck up! Jesus I’m not a little baby, I can speak for myself.” Tony walked away angrily to a booth. “Jesus always something with him, I can manage just fuckin’ fine thank you very much. I was the one who saved his ass! If it wasn’t for me he’d be dead!” She said pissed off as she stormed into the kitchen, probably wanting to be left alone.

“Dad look, can I go color with her? Please? Please?” Cynthia pointed to the girl her age coloring. Matthew looked down at her.

“Just stay where I can see you.” He said as she happily ran off.

I walked off. I could see Zaphaeus setting down Milfred at a booth making sure he was okay.

“I’m fine boy, just let me be.” Milfred said to Zaphaeus. Zaphaeus walked up to me. He smiled.

“Isn’t this great, I’m glad Selena’s okay but, her brother’s kinda a jerk.” He said quietly trying to let no one hear that.

“Selena says he’s just overprotective. I’m sure he’s alright.” I say to Zaphaeus.

“Have you ever met him before this?” Zaphaeus asks.

“No, Selena just talks about him, she really cares for him though.” I respond.

Zaphaeus walks away. I walk around the restaurant too. I see the two girls each coloring a picture. I look down at it. Cynthia drew a flower, which looked really good actually, I glanced over at the other girls photo. “Hey sweetie” I say as nice as I can to the girl she looks at me with her brown eyes, it felt awkward talking down to a kid this way. “What’s that?” The photo wasn’t that clear from what I saw.

“Judy says it’s her parents. Do you like it?” I hear Cynthia ask. They were a different color than everyone else, like a grayish blue. They were eating people. Her parents are dead. Poor girl.

“Oh uh.” I struggle to find words to say.

[Spare her feelings, her parents just died] [Tell her it's a little disturbing]

I made this a little longer than I planned. I hope you like it.

• not bad

i dig the story so far! cant wait for more shit to hit the fan in your story

[Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

Episode one- The Journey Ahead [Part 5/6] I looked down at my bow. This really necessary Rachel? You just killed a guy with this & yo

• Good Job! Spare her feelings,her parents just died, :)

• [Spare her feelings, her parents just died] This story is getting really good, especially the added length to the next chapter! Good work!

• [Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

• [Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

I love how you wrote Selena and Tony so far :D

Episode one- The Journey Ahead [Part 5/6] I looked down at my bow. This really necessary Rachel? You just killed a guy with this & yo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.