Interactive Fanfiction: The Road Ahead.

Comments

• [Spare her feelings, her parents just died]. My characters are introduced, yay! Can't wait to see them in action.

• [Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

TWD_25 posted: »

Episode one- The Journey Ahead [Part 5/6] I looked down at my bow. This really necessary Rachel? You just killed a guy with this & yo

• Wob. Wob.

[Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

Episode one- The Journey Ahead [Part 5/6] I looked down at my bow. This really necessary Rachel? You just killed a guy with this & yo

• edited July 2014

Submitted one. This is a really interesting idea, and the writing is amazing.

• JUDY!!!! OMG I love it!!! :D

• I submitted two. I hope you don't mind that it's two girlfriends, age 19 and 18. Audrey and Charity "Char". If you use them, don't make their relationship just about the sexuality, give it emotional depth too. :)

Charity is pronounced: Chair - it - ee, not Char - it - ee.

• edited July 2014

Voting is closed! Rachel will [Spare Judy's feelings]

Let me just edit the list and I'll start the end of Episode 1.

• Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 6/6]

[Spare her feelings, her parents just died]

"Oh uh, that- that's nice Judy. Why don't you hold onto that? You two don’t do anything stupid now okay?” I tried to hold in my disturbance, but my voice cracked a little. Judy smiled still so she must’ve believed me. I noticed she had slightly crooked front teeth.

“Can we hang them up? Please Rachel?” Goddammit Cynthia. You're a sweet girl but sometimes you make things harder than they need to be.

“Okay sure. But make sure nobody sees them, you don’t want those to be taken down.” Judy smiled as her and Cynthia got out of the booth to look for somewhere to hang it. Judy ran back and hugged me. “Thank you.” She skipped off and walked around with Cynthia.

I walked off, leaving the two girls on their own. I walked around the Diner watching these people. They were all talking & laughing, like the apocalypse wasn't even going on outside these windows. I walked up to the woman and her son, she looked up at me since she was sitting down. Her boy sat next to her looking bored.

“So you’re part of the group from the library I assume? You brought any good books with you?” She spoke with a slight Irish accent. “That’s alright, thought it’d be nice to kill the time with.” She seemed like a nice lady. She stared at me with her bright green eyes. It was odd she had thick ginger colored hair that fell past her shoulders & a fair complexion but no freckles. All the gingers I knew had at least a few freckles. Maybe her hair was a bit golden, I’m not too sure.

“Where are my manners, this is my son Eddard. Eddard come introduce yourself sweetie. I’m Margareth by the way.” She nudged him and he stared at me, he had the same bright green eyes as his mother & a slightly darker complexion. He had shaggy brown hair also. Margareth leaned in to me. “I’m sorry he likes to be called Ned. He’s not much of a talker anyways.” She told me.

“That’s fine, I’m not so much of a talker either, I guess I’m growing out of it though.” I explained to Margareth. It was crazy; I never expected an apocalypse to turn me into a social butterfly. I’m just kidding but I still have never talked to so many people in one day.

“Ned and his friends were at the river when all this started, he always loved camping out there. When I saw what was happening I grabbed my golf club and drove to the river. One of them almost got him. I got him just before It could grab him. I couldn’t save his friends though. He hasn’t spoken to me since.” She whispered in my ear. I nodded my head. I thought I was the only one who ended someone’s life. It was odd but it felt nice to know I’m not the only one who’s done bad things.

“I’m so sorry Margareth; you’re not going through it alone though. I’m here for you.” I patted Marghareth’s shoulder. She looked comforted. “Thank you; I never caught your name. But things will get better we just have to wait for the government to roll by here.” She added.

“I’m Rachel. Bye Margareth, bye Ned.” I said as I walked off. Margareth waved, I saw Ned give a slight smile.

There was that one guy that I still hadn’t gotten around to talking to that looked a lot like Fredo. I walked up to him he waved back smiling.

“Hi! I’m Anton.” He said enthusiastically. He looked really nice and outgoing, I saw him holding a comic in his hand and was holding a backpack.

“I’m Rachel.” I said back not to enthusiastic. He looked at me concerned. He had his brown eyes and brown hair was pretty much medium length for a guy. Pretty similar to Fredo, only he was probably in his late teens.

“What’s wrong? Did I say something?” Anton said nervously. He bit his lip.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. I knew a guy that looked a lot like you.” I finally had the courage to say.

“Really where is he?” Anton looked around excitedly.

“He’s dead… I shot him, not too long ago either.” I said Anton excited expression sunk down to a sad face.

“Oh… Was he bad?” He asked looking for answers.

“No. one of those things almost got him. I tried to- to shoot it down and I missed.” I said Anton looked upset. Maybe I shouldn't have opened up to him so quickly. I don't even know him.

“So, you like comic books?” I ask trying to change the subject. Anton just looked at me somewhat disturbed. I walked off. I saw Bridgit, Milfred & James sitting in a booth together. I heard them discussing something. “James if we end up being-“ All three turn around and look at me.

“Oh hey Rachel.” Bridgit says changing the conversation. Something they didn't want me to hear. I look at them suspiciously.

“I wanted to thank you for earlier. If you didn’t stop that thing, I would be good as dead right now.” James said to me. He seemed a little less burdened than last time I checked up on him. “So how did you know to come here?” Bridgit asked me.

“Selena told me this place was safe last night. We had to take the chance. I couldn’t let my friend die.” I bit my tongue. I shouldn’t have said those words. James had this look in his eyes like all the memories flooded back. “I’m sorr-“ James cut me off. “It ain’t your fault; it’s both of our faults.” James looked at me. It seemed to make him feel better than pinning the blame on me. “I’ll just go now. Selena probably wants to talk with me.” I said to them as I walked into the kitchen.

I saw Selena slouched in a corner of the kitchen. Selena looked at me. “Hey.” She said to me as she looked up. She was still pissed off with her brother. “You wanna talk?” She asked me. I sat down next to her.

“You trust your group?” I asked Selena.

“Fuck if I know. I’ve only been with them for a day Rachel how am I supposed to know if I trust them?” She questions. “Why do you trust yours?”

“Other than Zaphaeus I don’t know. We’ve got a little girl just like yours and her dad who seem alright. The others…. Well we’ve been through a lot so far. I guess we’ll have to wait.” I look out to James out of an ordering window, I wonder if he’ll eventually crack.

“Hey at least the three amigos are fine.” Selena adds, I give a quick smirk on my face. I hope nothing ever changes our friendship.

“We got some food & tons of water in storage. I think we’ll be okay here for a while.” Selena adds. She grabs some food and water out of the pantry. There were refrigerated hot dogs that were beginning to go bad, lots of canned foods and at least a hundred water bottles. I’m starting to think this place won’t be so bad to stay in for a while.

9:00 p.m

We just ate some dinner that we made. Everyone seemed content, even if the hotdogs sucked, nobody complained. It was our first meal since all this begun. Cynthia was giving out the blankets from her backpack that we found at the library. There weren’t enough for everyone to have their own so we shared. It was fine, it kept out the cold, and so did the building for now, but that would change after about a week of opening and closing the door. Today was easily the worst day of my life. But it still felt good to be surrounded by people who looked out for each other. It felt like what was happening outside didn’t even exist. I held tightly onto my piece of the blanket I shared with Zaphaeus as I tried to drift off to sleep. It feels peaceful. My eyelids slowly got heavier.

I suddenly heard the ear-splitting screams and the moans come back.

[YOUR CHOICES]

Friendship - You chose to go to the library instead of the restaurant

Protection - You chose to stay back and protect Cynthia

Disobedience - You told Fredo you'd leave in the morning.

Risk - You chose to push the biter off James

Attitude - You chose to spare Judy's feelings

• Such spicy apple! 4 out of 2 baked golf clubs.

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 6/6] [Spare her feelings, her parents just died] "Oh uh, that- that's nice Judy. Why don't you ho

• Amazing!

Episode One- The Journey Ahead [Part 6/6] [Spare her feelings, her parents just died] "Oh uh, that- that's nice Judy. Why don't you ho

• edited July 2014

NEXT TIME ON THE WALKING DEAD: THE ROAD AHEAD..

I was out hunting with some of the group. It looked like the government wasn't gonna come through anytime soon. We set up a pretty nice barricade at the restaurant but things had begun to go from bad to worse. We were slowly running out of food & water, the walker activity was also beginning to pick up there. I could hear the group arguing before I even got inside. I had a huge sigh. Again with this shit?

“Don’t you think we need to leave? It’s getting too dangerous staying here!”

“We need to stay!”

"I'm not a baby anymore mom! I can take care of myself! Why do you keep treating me like one?" I peeked over as I saw Ned argue with his mom. He was clearly upset. Margareth looked torn. "I know you can take care of yourself Eddard but you're not going out there!" Margareth told her son as he stormed out the room.

"Rachel do you know anything about this? What's this doing hanging up here?" She took it down and showed it to me.

"Don't touch that!" Judy yelled.

Something was up with this guy, I felt it in my gut he was hiding something and I planned to find out, even if nobody else would help me.

"Please don't leave! Don’t let us die!" I heard the voice cry out.

EPISODE 2 - SINKING SHIP

• Ooooh! Crazy, can't wait to see what happens next!

NEXT TIME ON THE WALKING DEAD: THE ROAD AHEAD.. I was out hunting with some of the group. It looked like the government wasn't gonna come

• Ooh! I love it so much! :D

NEXT TIME ON THE WALKING DEAD: THE ROAD AHEAD.. I was out hunting with some of the group. It looked like the government wasn't gonna come

• 15/10, GODDAMNIT!

• Can I bump this? If so, bump. If not, I don't care, what's done is done.

Things are heating up! I can't wait to see how episode 2 goes! :D

• You sure can! I'm editing episode 2 before I release it right now.

Can I bump this? If so, bump. If not, I don't care, what's done is done. Things are heating up! I can't wait to see how episode 2 goes!

• Sweet!

You sure can! I'm editing episode 2 before I release it right now.

• edited November 2015

Episode Two- Sinking Ship Part 1/6

4 months later

It looked be about 7 or 8 am. Winter had become spring and spring felt a lot like summer here. The grass had begun to become greener and the trees had grown back their leaves. The calendar said today was April 21st. It looked like the government wasn’t gonna come through anytime soon. Everyone gave up that hope about a month into this hell. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, it was really hot this time of year and it’d only get warmer. I looked down at my hair. I turned my head to Milfred, both of us were crouched behind a log so the animals wouldn’t notice. We had made this hunting trip out to the forest every morning since we started running out of food back at the restaurant. He had lots of wrinkles and he grew out a grey beard that covered his face since this started.

I got a little sad thinking about Milfred. James told me he had terminal cancer that would kill him eventually. I didn't want to lose him; we had already lost so many good people, but everyone dies eventually, and we’ll all turn unless someone has the decency to put a bullet through our brain. He and I became real close in these four months, the two of us would go hunting for rabbits, & squirrels. He set up some snares; Milfred said he learned to set up snares before all this started. I used my bow to hunt mostly it came in handy. We never used guns since it drew biters and they’d eat our meals. We learned that the hard way. I used to get really sad whenever I had to shoot an animal down, especially since they struggled for a minute or two before dying if you didn’t get the head. But we were running out of food and I’d rather not have the group going at each other’s throat because they were hungry, still made me a little sad.

“I spy with my eyes something grey.” Milfred said. We played this game whenever we were out hunting.

“You got those thick glasses Milfred. That ain’t fair.” I said. I had contacts before but I had lost them. My vision was never even bad though.

“I spy with my eyes something moving.” I say. It was a squirrel; I pulled out my bow and lined up the arrow and shot it. The squirrel had stopped moving. My shooting has gotten better since this started. James was apparently a good teacher, he taught me how to shoot a gun and told me I need to fix my shooting, it seemed to work. He was an alright leader also, we had our problems a lot but things worked out usually.

“Nice shot kid, you’ve been gettin’ better. I spy a rabbit at 2 o’clock.” I saw the rabbit I pulled another arrow out my quiver. I aimed and released. The shot killed the rabbit instantly. I walked over there and grabbed the rabbit & squirrel before a biter could. That rabbit was a big one, if we’re lucky it could feed maybe three people. I grabbed the squirrel too, maybe it could feed one person.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered to the dead carcasses as I carried them back to the log, I wish I could handle shooting them. First time Milfred and I did this I cried like a bitch, but I was over it pretty soon. I pulled my arrow out there heads; I had to reuse them as much as I could.

30 minutes later

3 rabbits caught by snares, 4 rabbits by arrow and a squirrel. We made it out pretty good today, maybe if we split it well, everyone could eat today. There were no biters out this time, as long as we were quiet, they didn’t show up. Milfred put the carcasses in a unused trash bag as we headed back to the diner. The walk had made Milfred’s limbs a little stronger. I smiled at that to myself.

“You hear something Milfred?” I asked him. He probably couldn’t since he was an old guy. “Sounded like meowing.” I followed the sound of it. I awed in disbelief. It was a kitten. It had a black coat with patches of white, small and it had bright green eyes

“Can we take it Milfred? Please?” I jokingly said as I scooped up the cat. It looked fairly young. The kids are gonna love this. I pet the kittens head as Milfred and I walked back to the diner, it fell asleep in my arms.

I smiled looking at the diner. We had set up a nice fence set up around the parking lot that kept the biters out. We needed to fix it soon though, there were some spots that were less safe than others, and I’m not comfortable with the kids playing out in the parking lot when it does happen. Before I even got near to the gate I could hear the group arguing again. I had a huge sigh. Again with this shit?

“What’s it this time?” I asked unsurprised. This stuff had been going on for awhile. There was a warm breeze that moved through the camp, felt nice.

“I swear to fucking god, why the hell do I have to go with someone for supplies James? There just slowing me down!” I heard Selena bickering to James, she had a job to go on supply runs in the town because she was a parkour expert, I didn’t even know that until this all started.

“Settle down Selena, I make the calls and I say it’s safer for you to head out with Tony. We don’t need to lose anybo-“

“Tony? Are you fucking kidding me? C’mon why? Doesn’t he have fence patrol with you?” Selena groaned as she walked off and grabbed her machete, I think I heard her punch a wall. We all had different jobs to do. Milfred and I hunted for food. Margareth and Zaphaeus went to the creeks to get water. Selena and apparently Tony now went out to town for supplies. Anton and Matthew went around fixing the fence. James and Bridgit patrolled the fence to make sure no biters broke in, usually Bridgit would just stay and watch over the kids.

“Safety in numbers.” James called out to her as she walked off.

“Doesn’t bother me hell, it’ll give more time to annoy the shit out of her.” Tony smiled as he grabbed his handgun and left the gates with Selena, I could see Selena was pissed because she punched the hell out of his arm.

I saw Cynthia and Judy run up to me. They looked in awe at the cat I held.

“You got a cat!? Can we keep it?” Cynthia asked. Her skin wasn’t so pale any more after spending the majority of her days outside.

“Yeah, found him on the way back from hunting. Thought you two might like it.” I said as I handed it to them.

“I love cats!” Judy said excitedly. “What should we name him?” She asked.

“That’s y’alls decision.” I replied. I had never seen either of them so happy. It made me feel warm and happy on the inside to see them smile again.

“Thanks’ Rachel!” I heard Cynthia say as they both walked off holding the kitten.

Bridgit got off her watch tower. She walked over to me. She had a relaxed expression on her face. I noticed her baby bump had started becoming slightly more noticeable. She announced it to the group when it started becoming noticeable she was pregnant. I didn’t know too much about this pregnancy stuff but I knew it would be difficult as hell to have a baby without proper medicine.

“You got them a cat?” She asked. “That’s nice, reminds me of the dog James and I had before this. I probably sound really stupid comparing a cat to a dog but-”

“I know exactly what you mean. I had a cat once, it’s nice to have a pet even through all this hell.” I said.

“You got some food?” Bridgit asked.

“Yeah Milfred’s got it right now.” I told Bridgit.

“Great I’m starving. We could make a nice meal for the whole group.” Bridgit said, she walked over to Milfred.

I wonder where Ned is. He'd love to see the cat. I remember him talking about working in a pet shelter over the summer once. I heard what seemed to be his voice inside. I silently slipped in through the entrance to listen what he was saying. I hid behind one of the booths.

“I’m not a baby anymore mom! I can take care of myself! Why do you keep treating me like one?” I peeked over to see Ned arguing with his mom, he was clearly annoyed. Margareth looked torn on what to say.

“I know you can take care of yourself Eddard but you’re not going out there!” Margareth ordered her son to do so. Eddard looked mad. “I don’t need a babysitter! I’m almost 14. The others are Judy is eleven, Cynthia is ten! You saw me kill that biter that one time. Please let me just go on shift with you!” Ned pleaded. His mom said nothing as she stared at him. Ned stormed off. I tried to hide, but Ned spotted me.

“Well this is just great.” Ned said, he looked really angry, like he was just about to cry. Ned began to walk off.

“Ned wait!” I said, I immediately regretted saying anything. He turned around.

[If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.] [I found a cat, you want to see it?]

I pulled a Smoke & Mirrors this episode, I changed it a bit from what I originally planned.

And whoever submitted Bridgit, is it okay that she's prego now?

• [If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.]

• edited July 2014

[If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.]

Episode Two- Sinking Ship Part 1/6 4 months later It looked be about 7 or 8 am. Winter had become spring and spring felt a lot like

• [If your mum says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting]

• [If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.]

Episode Two- Sinking Ship Part 1/6 4 months later It looked be about 7 or 8 am. Winter had become spring and spring felt a lot like

• [If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.] I love how you portrayed Ned, I already love this little guy.

• I submitted Bridgit and I like that she's pregnant, it'll be interesting.
    And [I found a cat, you want to see it?]

• {the hunting one}

(I'm lazy)

Is James in a relationship with Bridgit? Maybe I'm just looking to closely into this, but "reminds me of the dog James and I had before this". Just made me think that.

• Yup they're in a relationship and that's also James's baby.

[If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred and I hunting.] Is James in a relationship with Bridgit? Maybe I'm just looking to closely into this, but "reminds me of the dog James and I had before this". Just made me think that.

• Yeah. Sorry about this but I don't have enough time to post a chapter, I'm at a swim meet until Sunday without a computer, I could use my phone but I already know how it'd turn out if I did that. I'll probably be able to post on Sunday, if not definitley Monday. I'm brainstorming new ideas though and writing them down, so chapters for E2 will come around quicker. Sorry about this!

Bump.

• Okay, so I was wondering since I didn't post my fanfic in the right spot so it's not getting a lot of attention, would you mind if I put up a link here, or would that be too far? I don't want to be rude is all.

• Oh, don't worry about it. I bumped it because more people see it if you bump it...

Yeah. Sorry about this but I don't have enough time to post a chapter, I'm at a swim meet until Sunday without a computer, I could use my ph

• Go ahead.

Okay, so I was wondering since I didn't post my fanfic in the right spot so it's not getting a lot of attention, would you mind if I put up a link here, or would that be too far? I don't want to be rude is all.

• Where is den ach bin ein Fan-FIc! I demand Fan Fiction!

• I'm back and this time I mean it. I'll have this chapter up soon.

Guys? guys??!

• Yayyyyyyyyy

I'm back and this time I mean it. I'll have this chapter up soon.

• Episode two- Sinking Ship [Part 2/6]

[If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred & I hunting.]

“Maybe, just maybe if your mom says it’s okay you could come hunting with Milfred & I tomorrow?” Ned’s expression changed, the corners of his mouth turned into a smile. We walked back to his mom to talk to him.

“Go on tell her.” I nudged Ned.

“Mom, Rachel said I could go hunting with her and Milfred can I go? They’ll look after me, I won’t do anything bad, can I go please?” Ned pleaded with his mom. Margareth folded her arms and looked at me sternly. She took a big sigh.

“Jesus, I… I’m just not comfortable with this. I’m sorry but it’s one thing to just go to the creeks and just get water, but Ned, you’re dealing with loaded guns and other weapons. I don’t want you going.”

Ned didn’t even look at his mom. “I hate you!” He screamed as stormed out the Diner and ran outside.

“Shit, I didn’t mean for that to go down like that.” Margareth paced up and down the Diner, she didn’t like seeing Ned sad.

“We almost never use guns Margareth. It’ll be safe, we use snares and I use my bow.” I add told Margareth. She walked up closer to me.

“You watch over him at all times. You don’t give him a gun. This is only a one time thing so don’t do anything too fun.” Margareth said. I gave her a smile

“Ned will appreciate that, and if it means anything you’re a good mom, Ned doesn’t hate you.” I say. Margareth looked away.

“I’m not too sure about that anymore.” She said in her slight Irish accent. “Ned’s been mad at me many times before but he’s never said he hated me.” Margareth said. I felt somewhat awkward as I didn’t know what else to say.

“Well, I’ll just go get Ned and tell him he can go with us tomorrow morning.” I told her. She followed me.

“I have to go to my shift soon.” She said as she followed me. I walked up to the girls.

“Hey Cynthia, Hi Judy. Has Ned been here?” I asked them as they played with the cat.

“No I haven’t seen him. Do you think he’d wanna play with the cat?” Cynthia asked.

“No, just got to tell him something.” I told her.

“Rachel, I named the cat! His name’s Button’s.” Judy told me.

“That’s a really nice name. How’d you come up with that?”

“It’s the name of my favorite walker.” Judy told me with a smile on her face. “He had lots of buttons on him too.” She added. I looked at her startled. Did she really just say that?

“What’s wrong?” Judy said. She seemed worried about me. I gave a fake smile but that was just too disturbing.

“Those things aren’t good Judy. They eat people.” I told her. She didn’t believe me.

“Yeah, bad people. You, me, Cynthia and everyone here are still alive.” She said.

“That’s because we’re careful inside this camp. They don’t care who you are, they’ll eat you alive.” I told her.

“Judy’s right. She’s seen her own dad turn; she told me he wasn’t bad.” Cynthia sided with her friend Judy.

“Okay, well… Just tell me if Ned comes here.” I tell them as I walk off.

“Bye Rachel.” Cynthia said as I walked off.

“Where’s Ned?” Margareth asked.

“Hell if I know.” I told her.

“Ned? Ned? Eddard?” Margareth yelled out at various locations in the camp. Nothing.

“What’s wrong? Where’s Ned?” James asked. His arm was around Bridgit’s shoulder.

“We don’t know. He was hear less than 5 minutes ago.” I told them. Bridgit had a concerned look on her face.

“Jesus. Where could he have gone?” Bridgit said.

“Not too long ago he stormed off, Margareth and him were fighting.” I told them.

“We have to find him than.” Bridgit said. “We head out now.”

“Woah, woah. Easy Bridgit, we can’t all go looking for him all at once. We still got jobs to do here.”

“What you are saying is bullshit. My son is out there and getting further by the minute! ” Margareth yelled at James. He looked worried.

“We can still look, just not all at once. We need to watch over the kids still and someone needs to guard the camp incase of bandits.” James said. “You and Rachel should go looking for him first. We’ll set up watches on when to go look for him. Bridgit and I will take the watch after yours.” James said.

“Let’s go” Margareth said with urgency in her voice. She picked up her handgun and I grabbed my Bow & Arrow. We opened the gates and headed out.

5 minutes later

We walked down the unpaved road. We weren’t too far from the college but this area here didn’t attract many people before. Greenery filled everything we walked past. One thing I loved about the apocalypse was that nature seemed like it was at peace. No more construction, no more pollution, no more of the loud revving engine noises you could hear from cars.

“How much further is the forest?” Margareth asked me. “He’s most likely there if you said he could go hunting with you.”

“It’s not too far.” I said trying to assure her, she was walking a really fast pace trying to find him.

“What if we already passed him? What if he’s too deep in the forest to even notice us when we get there?” She said worried.

“Eddard? EDDARD?” She yelled trying to call him.

“Shhh! You need to keep it down! It attracts them.” I whispered as loud as I could.

“I don’t care! Eddard is out there with who knows what? Does he even have a gun?”

“Didn’t you say you didn’t want him to have a gun?” I asked Margareth who seemed lonely without Eddard.

“Yes…. No, I don’t know. I just want him to be safe!” She said. Margareth seemed like she was going crazier each minute Ned wasn’t with her.

“He’ll be fine.” I tell her.

“How do you know?” Margareth asked.

“I just know.” I tell Margareth.

“Thank you.” Margareth says. “Before all of this, I was a surgeon, and a pretty darn good one.” I had a small laugh at that. “Helps me now, dealing with all that blood and learning how to respond under pressure. I miss those days.” Margareth says, she smiles at the thought of it.

“You know if you told James that, he probably would’ve put you on medical duty instead.” I told her.

“Well I don’t love it that much.” Her and I laughed at what she said.

“MARGARETH LOOK OUT!” A biter had come out of nowhere. Feet near her, I grabbed my bow and got it ready. I heard the loud noise of a gunshot ring out. Margareth walked on. “That was a close one.” She said still holding her gun in firing position. She moved her golden-ginger hair to her ears to get it out of her eyes.

“Nice.” I say to Margareth.

“That bullet is only gonna attract more of them, Eddard’s not here so we need to move quickly.” She told me. We ran up to the forest, I could see at least fifty biters following us. We had lost them once we got into the trees. Margareth was still yelling out Eddard’s name. Guess it was the only way to find him; I shot down any biters that got to close. We walked a little deeper into the forest.

“We should head back soon; it’s gonna be James’s and Bridgit’s shift soon.” I tell Margareth

“Just thirty more minutes.” Margareth requested.

“Margareth, I’m concerned for the other kids too. Okay? Judy is starting to scare the shit out of me and she thinks these things are okay. Hell even Cynthia is starting to think these things aren’t bad! “

“And all I want is thirty more minutes!” She demanded. “You don’t think his own mother can find him but a group of strangers can? Goddammit he’s my son!” She yelled. She sat down on the grassy ground and covered her face with her hands.

“I’m sorry, we should head back.” She says, tears rolling from her eyes.

“No, thirty more minutes.” I tell Margareth.

8 hours later

“Dammit Margareth I think were lost, I’ve never seen this part of the woods before.” I say slightly irritated. It was getting dark and I was getting tired.

“Eddard.” Margareth said. She was completely drained from walking around trying to find Ned all day today. It was even worse that we didn’t even find a trace of him.

“What the hell are we going to do? When that sun sets we’re fucked, we don’t have flashlights.” I tell her. “Biters are gonna tear us limb from limb.”

“The trees.” She points up. “We can stay up there until morning.” She says, I don’t like this idea but I guess anything is better than dying.

“Fine.” I say. “Well what are you waiting for? We should climb this while we still got some light left.” I tell her. She grips on to the trees and climbs up until there’s a good sturdy branch. I climb up after her and sit on the same branch with her.

“Sorry about Eddard.” I tell her.

“It’s fine. It’s only been a day.” She tells me. At least she has a hopeful attitude.

“Yeah, we’ll look again tomorrow.” I tell her, she has a slight smile but her green eyes look hollow and empty, just staring out at the distance.

“I heard the voices somewhere right here.” I hear a female voice say. I looked down, hard to tell how tall she was but she was black with curly dark brown hair and skinny. A guy followed her, he was a little chunky, short blonde spiked hair was all I could see. Both were holding pistols.

“There’s nobody here Audrey, let’s just go.” I heard the guy say.

“No! We can’t leave without any people, we need them.” I heard the woman say.

“It doesn’t matter, he won’t notice if we lost some people.” The guy said. I knew he was talking about us.

“What the fuck Cameron? Brecker sent us out here to scout, maybe if you got your head out of your ass when he was giving orders you’d know this.” The woman said, she seemed a little feisty.

“This Brecker reminds me of James a little.” I whisper to Margareth. “They might have a camp we could spend the night at.” I add.

“What should we do? We don’t even know them. They could be trying to kill us!” Margareth says.

[Shoot them. We can't believe strangers.] [Get down the tree and introduce yourself.] [Stay quiet and hide in the tree.]

• The second one.

This is REALLY good. I really like what you're doing with Judy. It's awesome.

Episode two- Sinking Ship [Part 2/6] [If your mom says it's okay, maybe you could come with Milfred & I hunting.] “Maybe, just may

Sign in to comment in this discussion.