Season 2?

edited October 2012 in Wallace & Gromit
For all of you who are already enjoying this season of Wallace and Gromit, how would you feel about having another four episodes for next year or 2011? Write suggestions on what you would like to see included in the sequel, and do you think it'll be a hit.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    That Would be a treat! And I think one of the episodes should be a gathering of all of the bad guys from the original movies. OR the whole season should be the Movies including: Grand day out, a close shave, the wrong trousers, and curse of the were rabbit! Except a game for curse of the wererabbit has already been made. But yes a Season 2 would be great! Or even better...Grand!
  • edited June 2009
    I would love to see telltale make four episode season 2 of the shorts.

I would also like to see it all be interconnected like Sam and Max Season 1, and once finished it is called:

Wallace and Gromit's Grander Adventures:
    The Criminal Profile of Feathers McGraw
    A Four Episode Epic!
  • edited June 2009
    It would be nice, i'd prefer that to a Strong bad sequel personally.
    But above all, i want sam and max season 3, or tales of Maniac Mansion.
  • edited June 2009
    I like Wallace and Gromit, but I don't really fancy another series. It feels like a one-note hit for me. Likewise with SBCG4AP, though maybe a second series of that would be good. Sam and Max and Monkey Island should definitely carry on for a while though.
  • edited June 2009
    The idea of Wallace living in a world of consistent continuity for too long scares me.
  • edited June 2009
    I've been enjoying this series and would love to play a second series. As for what it should be, I couldn't say beyond that it should be original stories like this series has been.
  • edited June 2009
    I think Wallace and Gromit would be great for a new series, but only if it sells well.

I'd like to see new characters and locales each time though, kinda like how the movies did it. You could just change the town and characters and focus on the other neighbour.

But I'd like it.
  • edited June 2009
    The idea of Wallace living in a world of consistent continuity for too long scares me.

agreed
  • edited June 2009
    I could go for some more Wallace & Gromit, but I'd much rather see more Sam & Max.
  • edited July 2009
    W&G introduced my family to the works of TT, and we've come at this as fans of W&G, not Telltale. I have to say the quality of the animation and voice artistry, not forgetting the music - as captured W&G's world so beautifully, we've got nothing but praise for their far-sightedness in developing the game, especially after the well-documented death of the 'Were-Rabit' feature film (in the US).

Would I like more episodes? It's a tough call - but I'm sold on the characterisation and gameplay, not forgetting the understated humour/humor so if there was another set of episodes, yes, I would purchae it - but that isn't the point.

TT need the economiies of scale of a a popular and profitable game. If it takes them a fair time to recoup their costs, rhy on earth would they dilute their profitability by creating addition season(s) when the money hasn't been made back on the first!

The vibes I get (don't ask me how) are the there will be no more W&G - but I'd be really happy to be told I'm wrong. Looking at the Monkey Island demo, I can see this appealing to a much larger user base (although it leaves me cold!), strangely. So if TT want to give us a heads up, I'd appreciate knowing if the kids will once again get to mosey on down West Wallaby Street in the future!
  • edited July 2009
    I'd like to see some other games coming out of Telltale before another season of W&G. I'm still hoping they can get the license to make an episodic Space Quest.
  • edited July 2009
    Buzby wrote: »
    The vibes I get (don't ask me how) are the there will be no more W&G - but I'd be really happy to be told I'm wrong. Looking at the Monkey Island demo, I can see this appealing to a much larger user base (although it leaves me cold!), strangely. So if TT want to give us a heads up, I'd appreciate knowing if the kids will once again get to mosey on down West Wallaby Street in the future!

Based on the activity on the forums, I doubt that the series was a sizzling success - there are less posts here as the season is running than in the Sam and Max forums where the last game was released 1 year ago. Not to mention the ToMI forums, certainly.

I'm very sorry if this is the case, as the Wallace & Gromit series is a collection of excellent games - and I'm also a bit perplexed, as the IP is a very popular one, Telltale is very popular with adventure gamers - so what could have gone wrong?
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think you can judge success by the number of posts in the related forums. I feel that Wallace & Gromit would attract a different market to Monkey Island and Sam & Max, a market that don't browse on internet forums much - don't forget that there is the XBLA market as well.

I personally feel that you are always going to get more posts on forums for Monkey Island and Sam & Max because they're iconic series (be it games or comics or whatever) that would generally have more of a following on the internet than Wallace & Gromit (and Aardman in general).
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think you can judge success by the number of posts in the related forums. I feel that Wallace & Gromit would attract a different market to Monkey Island and Sam & Max, a market that don't browse on internet forums much - don't forget that there is the XBLA market as well.

I personally feel that you are always going to get more posts on forums for Monkey Island and Sam & Max because they're iconic series (be it games or comics or whatever) that would generally have more of a following on the internet than Wallace & Gromit (and Aardman in general).

Sure, there's no formula to calculate one from the other, but we're talking about magnitudes here. But, I hope you're right ;)
  • edited July 2009
    If the The Bogey Man raps up nicely, I'd love another season.
    But for the record, I'd rather a second SBCG4AP season.
  • edited July 2009

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3999
    Wallace & Gromit Ep1
    3,666 $10.00 $36,663.00 3,666 $36,663

In 2 weeks of sales:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4154

Sam & Max Save The World
    6,240 $20.00 $124,800.00 6,240 $124,800

I think Wallace & Gromit might do better at retail where parents might get the game for their kids, but it looks like W&G hasn't been a huge success on XBLA.. I think Sam & Max is pushing 10, 000 in sales now too
  • edited July 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3999
    Wallace & Gromit Ep1
    3,666 $10.00 $36,663.00 3,666 $36,663

In 2 weeks of sales:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4154

Sam & Max Save The World
    6,240 $20.00 $124,800.00 6,240 $124,800

I think Wallace & Gromit might do better at retail where parents might get the game for their kids, but it looks like W&G hasn't been a huge success on XBLA.. I think Sam & Max is pushing 10, 000 in sales now too

I assume W&G made its money like it should but I had the same feeling from the number of posts that it is not a smashing success. Look at the number of posts for StrongBad (I never really liked the setting in fact I hate the flash cartoon and stopped playing in the middle of ep1 due to the setting) and look at the number of posts regarding W&G and you get a similar picture. Not quite the same as Bone, but not as successful as the other series. I still do not know why, maybe at least on the PC side it really was the control scheme which has put off to many players, but that one should not reflect the console numbers. I personally like W&G and the games are brilliant, so I am not sure why.
  • edited July 2009
    werpu wrote: »
    I assume W&G made its money like it should but I had the same feeling from the number of posts that it is not a smashing success. Look at the number of posts for StrongBad (I never really liked the setting in fact I hate the flash cartoon and stopped playing in the middle of ep1 due to the setting) and look at the number of posts regarding W&G and you get a similar picture. Not quite the same as Bone, but not as successful as the other series. I still do not know why, maybe at least on the PC side it really was the control scheme which has put off to many players, but that one should not reflect the console numbers. I personally like W&G and the games are brilliant, so I am not sure why.

My theory is that the usual Xbox gamer are the wrong demographic for this genre. Xbox has a reputation for being an FPS console, so they will draw that crowd.

As a sidenote, S&M season one DVD has sold about 80k on the Wii (according to vgchartz).
  • edited July 2009
    telltale did an excellent job capturing the feel of the Wallace and Gromit films. but lets face it, the style of understated humor they use can be hard for some people to "get" making it a bit of a harder sell then sbcg4ap or Sam and Max's over the top humor and situations.

I've enjoyed the W&G games, but not holding out to hard for a second season.
  • edited July 2009
    I was never a fan of Wallace & Gromit until these games came out & they have made me a believer. I really enjoyed playing the first game & Watching the LPs of the others (I don't play computer games you see & I am waiting rather impatiently for The Last Resort on the 360... hopefully it comes out today). As to the very few people on here who are saying that they should change the characters up.... I think that would be a major mistake for several reasons. For example, the longer the characters are there, the more that they tend to grow on you. Personally I love every character & I feel that the game series would be ruined without Ms. Flitt & The Major (imagine Sam & Max without Sybil & Bosco.... it just wouldn't work). Also, I think having there own cast of characters adds a certain uniqueness to the games. I hope & pray to god there is a season 2..... I know I will get every episode if there is.
  • edited July 2009
    If the worlds, and the places you can explore grow a little, so if, apart from west wallabee street, you can see more places, than oh please. Liked the games very much, and a second season would be more than welcome, no matter wat the sales numbers say, i'll be one of them.
  • edited July 2009
    Chrisse wrote: »
    My theory is that the usual Xbox gamer are the wrong demographic for this genre. Xbox has a reputation for being an FPS console, so they will draw that crowd.

As a sidenote, S&M season one DVD has sold about 80k on the Wii (according to vgchartz).

Actually I rethought the xbox numbers again, and it is pretty clear here. Sam and Max is the better deal, you get the entire season for 20$ while you can get only one W&G for 10$, that explains the sales numbers on the xbox :-)
    In the end it looks to me that W&G will do pretty much the same as Sam and Max if you count all four episodes, maybe slightly less. Add to that that porting the game from the PC to the xbox is a low effort thing, and it will make money, no doubt!
  • edited July 2009
    Ok.... Am I the only one who thinks it is F****** ridiculous that The Last Resort is still not on the 360? They would rather add a shitty add-on for a shitty game about bugs than make a real game available!? Thats Jacked up!!! Does anybody have a clue when it is coming out?
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Chrisse wrote: »

I thought the same thing at first as well... until someone pointed out to me that Uno and Peggle are among the most successful Live Arcade titles.
  • edited July 2009
    Damn annoying addictive Peggle.....

c'ya!

**runs off to boot up his 360!**
  • edited July 2009
    langley wrote: »
    I thought the same thing at first as well... until someone pointed out to me that Uno and Peggle are among the most successful Live Arcade titles.

I can't vouch for the 360 versions, but I have both on my iPhone and they're very addictive. Unfortunately, my iPhone is starving for some Telltale adventure gaming love... :-(
  • edited October 2009
    I think a second season of W&G would be great but as people said earlier it doesn't look like it was that successful. Maybe when the disc is in stores and they finally release the whole season on 360 things will look different but right now it looks like Telltale would be wise to cut their losses, which is a shame because I think they made quite a strong little collection of games.
  • edited October 2009
    Teeth wrote: »
    I like Wallace and Gromit, but I don't really fancy another series. It feels like a one-note hit for me. Likewise with SBCG4AP, though maybe a second series of that would be good. Sam and Max and Monkey Island should definitely carry on for a while though.

I definitely agree with you. wallace & gromit was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, but Monkey island and Sam and Max were just as awesome, and Telltale perfected them.
  • edited October 2009
    I was never a fan of Wallace & Gromit until these games came out & they have made me a believer.QUOTE]

....who......WHO are you.....?
  • edited November 2009
    Ok.... Am I the only one who thinks it is F****** ridiculous that The Last Resort is still not on the 360? They would rather add a shitty add-on for a shitty game about bugs than make a real game available!? Thats Jacked up!!! Does anybody have a clue when it is coming out?

Probably you already know this.

But it's been recently released on XBOX Live, along with all the other W&G eppys. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Wallace & Gromit makes a mockery of Yorkshire!

...Nah.

I'd love to see more Wallace & Gromit games, but they need to keep things fresh. I don't think they can keep things fresh without putting resources towards it (but if it wasn't very successful then the popular MI/S&M etc. will inevitably take first-seat).
  • edited November 2009
    If W&G was released on retail, for the Wii specifically, I think it would be a huge success, particularly here in the UK, where nearly every household now has a Wii, and is a fan of the shorts.

However, I think it's not logistically possible.
  • edited November 2009
    It would certainly need to be watered down, but I don't think it would be impossible.
  • edited November 2009
    i would love to see a new season of W&G! i love the char's in the games like mr paneer and major crumb. and the whole feel of the game is great! such a simple street where crazy things happen!
  • edited November 2009
    ....who......WHO are you.....?

An American
    Probably you already know this.

But it's been recently released on XBOX Live, along with all the other W&G eppys. :)

Yeah... Thanks... but I caved in & bought them for my PC about 3 months ago. :)
  • edited October 2011
    We need a new series of this cracking game!

feb19wg2.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I'd love another series. The first was a lot better story- and atmosphere-wise than A Matter of Loaf and Death in my opinion.
  • edited November 2011
    I would love to see second series, however it seems unlikely that it will happen. Some people claim that the game didn't sell well and this forum is almost completely dead.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, part of the reason that this forum is dead is that it's relegated to a collapsed, 'legacy games' forum.
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    We need a new series of this cracking game!

feb19wg2.jpg

with wallace wearing an empty cheese box from wallace & gromit curse of the were-rabbit? that could work!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.