Q&A With the Team

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Selfish question, but what is going to happen to this forum after the release date? It's not gonna up and disappear on us, is it? I like visiting this happy forum as opposed to the other forum where people are not so happy.
    It would be a damn shame if this forum were closed, or even deleted from the database, after the release of the fifth episode. There is too much awesome stuff in here. Who knows, maybe the Private Pirates Forum will become the Public Pirates Forum after the series has run its course.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    The posts won't go anywhere. I don't know the exact fate of the forum, but its contents will continue to exist. There's some good stuff in here!
  • edited July 2009
    I think I've read it somewhere that the forum will at least be open until the end of the series run. after that I don't know.
  • edited July 2009
    nadir wrote: »
    I don't miss the verbs. I don't need the option to talk to a sword or walk to the sun or open rock. Telltales implementation is a more effecient use of screen space and saves the writers having to imagine all the stupid things I might do, and write responses for them, and it saves me having to try all the stupid actions to see if they wrote anything. Sure a few of the jokes were funny, but funny jokes isn't something Monkey Island is short on, so it doesn't matter.

I dont know there were some pretty funny jokes added for when you tried some werid combo, I loved some of them jokes, but I'm just glad they are making more MI games in any case, and hope this is the start of a whole new load of MI games, with or without verbs:D
  • edited July 2009
    Can someone tell me what time I will be able to download the game, I'm from the UK and want to download it as soon as poss, but I dont want to be waiting around all day wondering when it will be there. At least if I know it want be ready until 5pm on the 7th I wont be trying to download it all day refreshing the page all the time.
  • edited July 2009
    I think I've read it somewhere that the forum will at least be open until the end of the series run. after that I don't know.
    I'd hazard a guess that the forum will be locked so you can't post anymore, but they'll leave it around and maybe open it up to the public. At least that's how such things usually go...

np: Ramadanman - Carla (Soul Jazz Records Singles 2008-2009 (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2009
    Any idea if Tales of Monkey Island (and other Telltale Games) will show up on Impulse? http://www.impulsedriven.com/

Personally prefer to have my games on one or two platforms, and so far Impulse has been the best for me (I also use Steam). They also allow people to register games on Impulse even when the buyer didn't buy the game on Impulse (provided that the developer allows it, of course).

Some companies are now starting to exclusively release their games on their website, and I'm not very happy about that cause eventually I'll end up with my digital games scattered across many websites. I like things simple. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Darn, just realized that my July 7th in New Zealand is gonna be effectively the day before yours - more waiting! Any chance of staggered worldwide release? If you bring it out on the 7th here, I can give you last minute feedback before everyone else gets their hands on it :)
  • edited July 2009
    Not a question, but something to help boost your morale ever so slightly, with the pressure of the deadline and monkey-hating towards you :D

After seeing the trailer with some random scenes and LeChuck saying "Geekwood" *cringe*, I started to lose some faith in this episodic project, but being a fan I pre-ordered. I was afraid all the humor would just fall flat by trying too much.

Now I've just watched the new gameplay video you just released, and I was filled with joy! :D The new voice actor for LeChuck is a lot better than I thought he was. The animations look great and are a vast improvement over your previous games. The voice actors... Love the voice actors, especially Elaine. I laughed when I saw the 'I made fizzy rootbeer' dialogue option, as it seemed so random.

Love the art and stuff, but is LeChuck sailing around in a bright white ship? That doesn't seem very evil.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the 7th!
  • edited July 2009
    All I want to be able to do is look at an item (and get an amusing description) then use the item in the most appropriate way.

In the Sam and Max games, you could always right click on an item in your inventory to get Sam to give a description of it. It's equivalent to "look" if the default behaviour (before the item is in your inventory) is to pick it up.

Not sure if ToMI will have this or not, why not wait a few more days and see? :)
  • edited July 2009
    Not a question, but something to help boost your morale ever so slightly, with the pressure of the deadline and monkey-hating towards you :D

After seeing the trailer with some random scenes and LeChuck saying "Geekwood" *cringe*, I started to lose some faith in this episodic project, but being a fan I pre-ordered. I was afraid all the humor would just fall flat by trying too much.

Now I've just watched the new gameplay video you just released, and I was filled with joy! :D The new voice actor for LeChuck is a lot better than I thought he was. The animations look great and are a vast improvement over your previous games. The voice actors... Love the voice actors, especially Elaine. I laughed when I saw the 'I made fizzy rootbeer' dialogue option, as it seemed so random.

Love the art and stuff, but is LeChuck sailing around in a bright white ship? That doesn't seem very evil.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the 7th!

Well that ship belongs to Elaine, so LeChuck must of stolen it when he abducted her.
  • edited July 2009
    Question for anyone: Will we have a part in MI5 like Insult swordfighting in MI1 and Battleships fighting in MI3 and MI4 Kombat.

I liked the swordfighting and attacking battleships since it was a very piratey behavior. I wonder if we will have some of that in this MI5 game?

BTW GOOD JOB on the series. I am now 25 yrs old, and when i first played MI1 i was like 10 yrs old. So im part of ur old fan base. Thanks for games like this!
  • edited July 2009
    i have an important question about the programm-security.

i want to download the game at my work because at home i have
    no dsl.

also i have to ask how often can i install the episodes on different computers?
    because i have a laptop too and want to play at home and on the way ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    Download the install file wherever you like. Copy it to a USB key/CD and take that to your laptop/home computer. Install the game on one or more computers. On each of them, you will need to initially need to connect to the internet to log in and activate them using your Telltale username/password{1} but once you've activated it once, you should be able to play even if not connected to the internet.

{1} There are other methods if this isn't working, please read the FAQ
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks a lot!
  • edited July 2009
    i have an important question about the programm-security.

i want to download the game at my work because at home i have
    no dsl.

also i have to ask how often can i install the episodes on different computers?
    because i have a laptop too and want to play at home and on the way ;-)

From the FAQ:
    FAQ wrote:
    What if my computer doesn't have an Internet connection?

If you want to play a downloadable game on a computer that isn't connected to the Internet, you can unlock the game using a Manual Unlock code. When you first run the game, click "No thanks, just take me to the demo" to bypass the login screen. Click the "Already Paid" button, then go to the Manual Unlock tab and follow the instructions. You will need to email us your serial number and the request code that is displayed in the launcher window, so we can generate an unlock code that will work on your computer.
  • edited July 2009
    This is probably a really petty question, but around about what time will the game be up for download?? I'm hoping I'll somehow be able to get this tonight (with time zone differences etc as I live in the UK.) I wouldn't normally mind waiting but I'm moving in with my girlfriend tomorrow and I can imagine she'd be pretty pissed off with me dumping a few boxes down and running off to playing Monkey Island all night.
  • edited July 2009
    adwilliams wrote: »
    This is probably a really petty question, but around about what time will the game be up for download?? I'm hoping I'll somehow be able to get this tonight (with time zone differences etc as I live in the UK.) I wouldn't normally mind waiting but I'm moving in with my girlfriend tomorrow and I can imagine she'd be pretty pissed off with me dumping a few boxes down and running off to playing Monkey Island all night.

I'm making an educated guess* that we will get the game around 8pm tomorrow so I doubt very much that you'll get it tongiht (We are 8hrs ahead remember)

You'll have to move those boxes in double-quick time before 8ish!

(And hope the move goes well, your life will never be the same!)

*Assuming Telltale, in a worst case scenario, release the game at lunchtime locally. This of course could be completely wrong.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm making an educated guess that we will get the game around 8pm tomorrow so I doubt very much that you'll get it tongiht (We are 8hrs ahead remember)

You'll have to move those boxes in double-quick time before 8ish!

(And hope the move goes well, your life will never be the same!)

Actually you're 8 hrs behind (sun rises here first). And I saw mentioned somewhere that releases from TT are done mostly in the mornings your time, so it'd be whatever evening for us Brits. (apparently done like that so there's people on hand if everything goes rear-end up)
    ...Wait. I didn't think that you may have been talking on behalf of us Brits. Were you talking on behalf of us Brits? I feel silly now...

(Unrelated: the hell? I've uploaded an image but it doesn't seem to be appearing, except in my CP...)
  • edited July 2009
    Slanzinger wrote: »
    Actually you're 8 hrs behind (sun rises here first). And I saw mentioned somewhere that releases from TT are done mostly in the mornings your time, so it'd be whatever evening for us Brits. (apparently done like that so there's people on hand if everything goes rear-end up)

Sorry, Im in the UK too, should have made that clear.

So we, in the UK, are 8hrs ahead.
  • edited July 2009

...Yes, yes indeed we are! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    The Sam & Max episodes appeared around 5pm in the UK...
  • edited July 2009
    adwilliams wrote: »

Assuming from what we've been told, they're gonna release the game during the day, so they can quickly respond to any issues that might arise.

So my educated guess would be in between 8am and 11am PST on July 7th. ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    aww :(
  • edited July 2009

but we in aus are further ahead :p
  • edited July 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    but we in aus are further ahead :p

Yeah, well.. but... GMT is THE time.

So there.

;)
  • edited July 2009
    Around 1 am release on Wednesday here in Western Australia. :( Hopefully I can have a play before I have to go to work.
  • edited July 2009
    Further offtopic - homepage says "1 DAYS LEFT!"
    ...Fail? ^_^
  • LupLup
    edited July 2009
    just preordered the game and first of all: hi all!

now to my question:

did you think about giving tales of monkey island the MI3 style? i personally think that this part just looked best and most harmonic.

greets
    Lup

P.S.: excuse my bad english ;)
  • edited July 2009
    So just spent like 2 hours reading every post in this forum...gotta say, i haven't been this excited about a game since gabriel knight 3...efmi was a bit too clunky for me for a monkey island game...i usually hate 3d adventures which burden you with the third dimension as opposed to enhancing the experience. Grim Fandango is the only 3D adventure that comes to mind that got it right (and dreamfall). I hope the movement through environments is fluid and efficient...also I hope the quick exit is implemented in the game, because i hate walking across the same screens over and over! Cant wait cant wait! tonight i'll dream of monkeys!
  • edited July 2009
    ps. a question: what happened to charity james? why was she cast instead of alexandra in efmi?
  • EricPEricP Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Question for the team: Is Elaine's lipsync fixed? I'm refering to the game's intro, the line "And now we're going to die, again. Heh, wonderful!"

Yeah, that was fixed a couple days before the gameplay video released. Sadly, the footage had already been captured. :/
  • edited July 2009
    Slanzinger wrote: »
    Further offtopic - homepage says "1 DAYS LEFT!"
    ...Fail? ^_^

They fixed it.
  • edited July 2009
    EricP wrote: »
    Yeah, that was fixed a couple days before the gameplay video released. Sadly, the footage had already been captured. :/

It's so funny how people blow EVERYTHING out of proportion so quickly.

So are you guys still tweaking the game today; or as you said before "even down to the last minute"? Or are you basically taking a big rest before the big day hits?
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    So are you guys still tweaking the game today; or as you said before "even down to the last minute"? Or are you basically taking a big rest before the big day hits?

No rest: TESTING! You just can't have too much testing.
  • edited July 2009
    No rest: TESTING! You just can't have too much testing.

Good luck guys :)
    Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • edited July 2009
    So, finally, what's the time the game is coming out? It's important for my health to know it.
  • edited July 2009
    So, finally, what's the time the game is coming out? It's important for my health to know it.

Hehe :) I just pre-ordered, I'm excited to know as well!
  • edited July 2009
    Yay! It's the 7th now!

too bad I live in New Zealand.... roll on the 8th! :)
  • edited July 2009
    Arrrrggg.. soo tired.. been waking up every two hours to check if the download is ready... The picture is there now (in the "my games" section), but still no link.

I'll go sit in the corner and cry for an hour, then try again.. SOOOO CLOSE!

*yawn*
This discussion has been closed.