Q&A With the Team

Comments

• edited July 2009
    As is Spain :D
  • edited July 2009
    Italy is on hold... XD
  • edited July 2009
    parabolee wrote: »
    I think you will find you are in minority in this opinion. In all polls on Monkey Island fan boards that I have seen had LeChucks Revenge in the well deserved first position with Secret trailing by about 20%.

And I think the ending was pure genius. Monkey Island 2 is a masterpiece in my opinion and one of the greatest games of all time.

And it wasn't the first I played (Secret was).

Oh my, I'm off-topic aren't I? Well I'm just killing time until Tales comes out!
    Monkey Island 2 is definitely my favourite and I played Curse of Monkey Island first.

Personally, I think Monkey Island 2 had a brilliant ending that could have been an interesting twist, however Curse of Monkey Island killed it in my opinion. I would love to have seen the original plan for the third installment, even if he created the game today but as an alternate sequel.

Either way, I'm just glad the series is still alive and I can play another enjoyable entry.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I love CMI, I just don't like the backstory they used for MI2's ending.
  • edited July 2009
    My first ever telltale game purchased, now im just waiting for the release!
    I hope its a good one, ive been an obsessive MI fan since i first played it on my atari ST back in 1992, and didnt actually get to finish it until 1998 due to the atari running out of memory or something every time you entered the island fort! I had to buy the monkey island bounty pack for PC in 1998 to finally finish the game!

Anyway, cant wait to play this!
  • edited July 2009
    Romania's on guard... :)
  • edited July 2009
    racx_00 wrote: »
    Monkey Island 2 is definitely my favourite and I played Curse of Monkey Island first.

Personally, I think Monkey Island 2 had a brilliant ending that could have been an interesting twist, however Curse of Monkey Island killed it in my opinion. I would love to have seen the original plan for the third installment, even if he created the game today but as an alternate sequel.

Either way, I'm just glad the series is still alive and I can play another enjoyable entry.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I love CMI, I just don't like the backstory they used for MI2's ending.

sorry, just had to say i think MI2's ending ruined the game for me. I really hated it. Secret is still my favourite, then Curse, then le chucks revenge, and escape never happened.
  • edited July 2009
    Always controversial, isn't it? Some hate it, others love it, not too many opinions in the middle.
    Well, mine's pretty much in the middle. I didn't like the ending of MI2, but I didn't hate it, either. I'd only hate to think the stories of SMI and MI2 were just supposed to be thought up by a little kid, but the appearance of Elaine in the credits is proof enough for me that Guybrush was indeed under a spell.
    And I LOVED CMI, too!

Now, I'm eagerly waiting for Tales to be downloadable...
  • edited July 2009
    brerlappin wrote: »
    sorry, just had to say i think MI2's ending ruined the game for me. I really hated it. Secret is still my favourite, then Curse, then le chucks revenge, and escape never happened.
    Yeah, that's fair enough. But I'm sure we all agree that EMI never happened. XD
  • edited July 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    but the appearance of Elaine in the credits is proof enough for me that Guybrush was indeed under a spell.

Well, also little Lechuck was "spookily magic" at the ending... so Big Whoop maybe was a(nother) secret way to keep down Lechuck... as a kid! By the way I agree.
  • edited July 2009
    Awwwwwww, me wants to play.... NOW! Comon, get to work telltaleguys!
  • edited July 2009
    MI 2 was the first I played when I was a child, and is my favorite (followed by MI and CMI). Love the finish, and agree with the idea that CMI did not use it well. But CMI is a good game, though.
    And, of course, EMI DOES NOT EXIST.

Waiting from Barcelona, Spain! It's almost here!
  • edited July 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I know, I know, but the times that try men's souls are what make us better, stronger, more zen-like uses that are able to say, "I had to wait another nine hours for MI, but I made it, and I'm a better, stronger, more zen-like me for it." Or you could get wasted. Whatever works for you.

I chose tha latter. heh.
  • edited July 2009
    Pakistan has the monkey signal on
  • edited July 2009
    hi everyone,

the current time and date in israel (you know... the little spot on earth that everybody fights on and no one really understand why...)
    is: 12:30 pm 7/7/09

and yes, even here in the end of the world we think that MI is the best adventure series EVER !!!

thank you telltale games for everything...:)

THE THIRD EYE.
  • edited July 2009
    I played Monkey 1, 2, 4 and 3. My favs are 2 and 4 though.

Oh, and Sweden is looking for people who can be bothered waiting.
  • edited July 2009
    According to The World Clock it is still July 6th in Honolulu (for another 15 minutes).

That, as I see it, is the ultimate deadline. We demand to have MI forthwith!
  • edited July 2009
    So, because of the whole timezone difference thing, now I have to wait 16 more hours? Pshaw.
  • edited July 2009
    *bwaaaargh*.....*urgh* can't....wait...
  • edited July 2009
    Twiddling thumbs in Malaysia....where is it????
  • edited July 2009
    How many more hours are you going to keep us hanging? Argh!
  • edited July 2009
    And now it's 12:00 here in Sweden, only 12 hours left of the day. Time for a Zelda reference.

THE FIRST DAY
    12 HOURS REMAIN
  • edited July 2009
    It's 8 PM on the 7th here in Australia. It's nearly tomorrow! A tomorrow without Monkey Island!

I keep refreshing, but it won't show the download button. Why, oh why do you torment us like this? To quote an insane little robot:

"I need it; I need it or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes."

The worst part is: I have a slow internet connection which means that even once it's released, I'll have to wait even longer for it to download! *cry*

... *refreshes games page again* Aaarrrgghh!

Ok, ok; breathe. I can do this. I just need to keep the trailer on loop in the background while I re-play CMI for the sixth time. Deep breaths...
  • edited July 2009
    Will there be as many in-jokes and references to other games, films, etc. as there is in the other games?
  • edited July 2009
    Iam not quite sure, where Telltalegames is settled, but I think we guys from Europe have to wait until about 5pm to get the Download Button appear.
    Hard times... But we'll survive... :)
  • edited July 2009
    argh, i feel woozy.
  • edited July 2009
    Surely Telltale could let thier faithful pre-orderers know what time it will be released?;)
  • edited July 2009
    i kinda bought the game only 10 mins ago... i wonder if i still get the preorder deal?
  • edited July 2009
    if they did, people would probably crash the site since everyone would be to eager and F5 all at once. That's what happened to the GTAIV Trailer site back in 2007.

@monkeyisland2
    Since you got in here, I'd say you did.
  • edited July 2009
    03:25:51 AM, Tuesday 07, July 2009 PDT
    San Rafael, CA 94912-9737

thats where telltale is settled and thats also the time there right now :)
  • edited July 2009
    Sir Tobbii wrote: »
    And now it's 12:00 here in Sweden, only 12 hours left of the day. Time for a Zelda reference.

THE FIRST DAY
    12 HOURS REMAIN

Wow! Du är svensk. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Ja! Det är jag. :P
  • edited July 2009
    77120bd wrote: »
    03:25:51 AM, Tuesday 07, July 2009 PDT
    San Rafael, CA 94912-9737

thats where telltale is settled and thats also the time there right now :)

Well, if we assume a 10 AM or so release, that means we still have to wait six and a half hours. Which means for me that it'll be available at... 3 AM on the 8th.

*sobs*
  • edited July 2009
    To all you in Telltale....

I'm really close to start hating you for this=P

But still, you made the game, so i can't really hate you for keeping me waiting, can i?
  • edited July 2009
    FoboldFKY wrote: »
    Well, if we assume a 10 AM or so release, that means we still have to wait six and a half hours. Which means for me that it'll be available at... 3 AM on the 8th.

*sobs*

Haha, yeah, I'm kinda hoping for a late release, let all those in later time zones feel what I've been feeling most of the day while I sleep. =P
  • edited July 2009
    You know, they really enjoy keeping us in suspense don't they. sneaky, cruel, cruel telltale :)
  • edited July 2009
    Lets hope the TT guys are excited today and get up early at 6am or so... :)
  • edited July 2009
    Ahh i'm going out in 6 hours for a day and a half... it's not that i mind the wait, it's just that i'll be thinking it about it all the time... and that's a waste of a day :(
  • edited July 2009
    i've got a question:
    what would you do if this was all a practical joke? :P
  • edited July 2009
    I would find something sharp and book a flight to the US.

Anyway, I hope they don't launch it in the coming hours. Cause I'll be at my girlfriend's place for another 4 hours or so >.<
  • edited July 2009
    laptop.
This discussion has been closed.