TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• To be honest, this episode made me think of the last season of TWD tv series, where Rick's prison camp got overrun by walkers because of the Governor >:( and Rick's people had to regroup and find Terminus (Wellington parallel) throughout the season until they found Terminus, only to be taken captives in Terminus.

At first I didn't know where you were going with your story as it seemed like Cody's group had no real objective other than to survive until they found new people to give them that objective (Wellington, obviously inspired by TWD season 2). I love the plot twist at the end though, as they found a safe place (against their will), just not the one they were searching for.

May i ask what kind of role will Trent play? (villain, anti-hero, hero with issues, etc.) Or should I pm you?

I would like some feedback for this episode, tell me what you like and didn't like. Thanks!

• Ok, thanks!

Fixed, sorry about that!

• PM me, it may contain tiny spoilers and I have a bigger story to tell than just 2 seasons. My story will probably go on for 3-5 season if it remains popular enough.

To be honest, this episode made me think of the last season of TWD tv series, where Rick's prison camp got overrun by walkers because of the

• I was thinking maybe for fun after this season is finished, you the fans cane draw your interpretation of the areas throughout seasons 1 & 2!

• Episode 3: Walls of Ash will release Thursday!

• Teaser for Episode 3...

Alt text

• I'm getting the distinct vibe that Trent is the Governor 2.0

Teaser for Episode 3...

• edited September 2014

Nah, that eyepatch doesn't look like an oreo at all.

Alt text

I'm getting the distinct vibe that Trent is the Governor 2.0

• You're in for a big surprise...

I'm getting the distinct vibe that Trent is the Governor 2.0

• Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 1: Dark Eye

“Can someone help this man get to the nurse, he’s having some sight problems recently!” taunted Trent

I gave him a glare that hasn’t been used in quite a while, I could already tell this guy was gonna get on my nerves. I slid out of the bed and received a pat on the back, stepping into the community was like stepping into a garden. Everything looked to be in order and everyone seemed to have a special job. Moments later I felt a hand land on my shoulder, reflexes got the best of my and I threw the person off of me.

“Woah Hey!” yelled the man “I just want to lead you to the nurse, ok?” asked the man

“Yeah...yeah that’s alright…” I sighed calming down

I helped the man get back onto his feet, before I could say the word “Walker” all of my group had been led to a job they were most qualified to do. I felt despair seeing them walk away turning their heads to try and see me again.

“So let’s be on our way shall we?” said the man walking towards a double door “What do you think of our home?” he asked

“It’s nice but your leader kind of forced my group and I into being here so...I don’t know how to feel about it.” I responded

“Well good feelings will come in due time.” the man smiled

I wanted to smile along with him but had no desire to show any happiness to these people. The man had burst through the doors and I was pleasantly surprised by all of the medical supplies they had.

“Cedric would’ve loved this place…” I whispered

“What’s that?” asked the man

“Oh! Nothing…” I casually replied

The nurse entered through a side door keeping a steady eye on me at all times. She seemed to be quite nervous but she obviously kept her nerve when she opened her lips and began to speak.

“Hello!” she greeted “Who is this?” she asked cautiously

“One of the newest members of the community, he needs your assistance Paige.” said the man

“Alright thanks Alex!” Paige responded softly while getting out bandages for my eye

Alex exited the room with haste, most likely onto his next task. I sat patiently awaiting the burning hydrogen peroxide that was certain to come. Paige didn’t seem too uptight as a matter of fact she seemed like a relaxed person. A few seconds later she paced over to me rather quickly and placed the instruments she needed to heal my wound.

“Damn!” Paige gasped “Were you hit with a fuckin’ bat?!” asked Paige with deep concern

“I think so…” I groaned in pain

“Yep, most definitely!” Paige mumbled while examining my eye

Paige poured the peroxide onto a cloth and held it up to my battered eye. She tried to to wipe my eye but I moved my head in pain.

“You’re gonna have to hold still…” Paige instructed

“Alright...alright fine.” I sighed

Paige wiped my eye as quick as she could, it didn’t help...The peroxide stung to the core of my eye, I was livid at the person who hit me.

“All done, now i’m going to need to put this over your eye.” stated Paige pulling out a black eyepatch “You’ll need to wear this for a while…” Paige ordered

“Alright…” I sat there while she put on the eyepatch

“Hey at least you look cool!” Paige laughed

“I feel like a pirate…” I joked

Suddenly some static was heard emanating from Paige’s belt, she picked it up and raised it to her mouth.

“Paige how’s the patient?” asked Trent

“He’s alright, just has to wear an eyepatch.” reported Paige

“Good, well make sure he’s alright. I want that eye well for his assignment. Trent out!” He replied

“Assignment?” I asked with confusion

“Your first job which will determine what job you get, that way our community thrives.” revealed Paige

“Oh, I guess that makes some sense.” I replied

“You better get over there he doesn’t like to wait.” Paige warned me

“Alright, I appreciate the help!” I smiled and walked to the door

As soon as I opened the door I noticed Maria walk towards me with a hand over her mouth. She opened her arms up for a hug and I decided Fuck it why not?

“How long do you have to wear it?” asked Maria

“I don’t know I guess I have to go in and check with her everyday for status reports.” I answered with haste

“Cody come over here!” I heard Trent yell from across the area

“I guess I better get going…” I sighed

“Yeah, I’ll see you later!’ smiled Maria

I walked briskly towards the platform Trent stood on, it was still odd only having one eye to look out of. Walking by made me notice much more than I had before, the greenhouse seemed to have luscious plants growing rapidly, I also just noticed what looked to be a blacksmith shop. Trent had an odd grin across his face, it didn’t spell anything good for me.

“You look like a pirate!” Trent laughed

“Thanks for being so kind about it...not that I expected you to be kind about anything.” I glared at him

“I sense a hostile tone, but...i’ll give you a free pass this time.” said Trent coldly “Anyway I need you to go and check our water supply.” ordered Trent

“I’ll get to it.” I replied

I reached the door only a few minutes later. Gallons upon gallons of water was stored in a couple of water jugs. It was a pretty quiet place only the sound of talk outside was what I paid attention to. It was quite cold with a bit of a draft in the room, there was a tiny puddle in a corner next to one of the blue jugs. There’s enough water in here to last a group months! Checking the water didn’t take much I was already done in about 10 minutes of being in the storage room. I pushed the door open and was greeted by Trent yet again, he seemed to show up out of nowhere almost like a ghost.

“You’re next job was to go and check the greenhouse but there seems to be a problem with the fortifications.” Trent pointed out “I don’t care which you attend to but I need a decision quick.” he ordered

[Go to the Greenhouse] or [Help with Fortifications]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7mVfLFdY08

• edited September 2014

I really thought Trent was going to get his eye gouged out. But it makes sense for Cody to have the eyepatch.

[Help with Fortifications]

If I was Trent I would not want Cody to check the fortifications. But he wants to escape so, I'll let Cody try in futility to find a way out.

It doesn't take long for a cockroach to realize that it lives...under my foot. grins menacingly

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 1: Dark Eye “Can someone help this man get to the nurse, he’s having some sight problems recently!” taunt

• [Help with Fortifications]

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 1: Dark Eye “Can someone help this man get to the nurse, he’s having some sight problems recently!” taunt

• help with fortifications

• I figured you'd need new characters since there are so few of the ones waiting to be introduced, so I submitted Jacob. :)

• Thanks!

Pipas posted: »

I figured you'd need new characters since there are so few of the ones waiting to be introduced, so I submitted Jacob.

• Voting closed! Going to Help with the Fortifications

• I just lost the chapter I wrote, it was about 6 pages long...FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

• Welp, this calls for a Darth Vader moment

I just lost the chapter I wrote, it was about 6 pages long...FFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

• edited September 2014

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 2: Lessons on Trust

[Help with Fortifications]

“I’ll go check out the fortifications.” I answered sternly

“Alright you might want this.” Trent handed me a walkie-talkie “Report to me the status of the wall and when you’re done come back to my office.” ordered Trent

Why would he give me a walkie-talkie? Does he trust me already? I kept asking myself these questions until I reached the massive arching door. I heard a bit of commotion on the other side of the door, opening quietly I peered through 3 people were hammering in some nails into the massive wall. Something was different I recognized the woman to the left.

“Morgan?!” I gasped, she turned around and looked me dead in the eyes

“Cody?!” she whispered with shock

She leaped into my arms, we held each other for several minutes before quickly retracting and looking at each other.

“Where have you been?” I asked

“All over...you?” she asked with gusto

“We ended up in Savannah but things didn’t go so well.” I faltered “We came back into South Carolina but decided to move up here, we stayed in a thriving community near Wilmington for a little over 8 months.” I revealed looking back on past events “It went well until…winter came” I shuddered “We lost several people before we met up with a nice group, we were trying to get to this place called Wellington but we were forced here.” I stated with rage and a hint of sorrow

“Shit, I made a huge mistake leaving you all...I’m so sorry!” she pleaded

“It’s ok, I can’t blame you...you hardly knew us and we got you into a pretty fucked up situation.” I said

“What happened to your eye?” Morgan asked with concern

“I got hit in the eye with a bat.” I sighed

“Shit, that must’ve stung…” she grimaced

“I’m alright.” I smiled

“Well we need to get back to work, Trent will get pissed and no one wants that!” Morgan warned me

“Alright, i’ll get started on the other side.” I stated

“I’ll see you after.” smiled Morgan

I felt a happiness that I haven’t felt in weeks, Morgan being back in my life brought me a sense of relief. I grabbed on of the hammers that lay on the sturdy table next to the bucket of nails that almost seemed to overfill. I picked up a couple dozen nails and fastened them to the wall, a few more bumps were introduced to me before I could complete the first section. As if out of nowhere a walkers fingers slipped forcefully into the wall, I got out a knife and chopped it’s decayed fingers from our fortification. I heard a loud thud from the other side followed by an almost rhythmical groaning was flowing into my ears. I almost forgot how cold it was outside with how cozy Trent kept the inside through good insulation and constant surveillance. I immediately continued my work on the wall, a static echoed from my belt. I raised the walkie-talkie and was greeted by Trent’s usual gruff voice.

“How’s the wall coming?” asked Trent demandingly

“It’s coming, I have a few more sections until i’m ready to move on.” I replied

“Alright, well get to it!” He commanded “Trent out!” he sighed

The minutes flew by as each nail penetrated the wall, soon I was completely finished and ready to be on my way to task 2. I walked to the door and caught a glimpse of Morgan continuously pounding away at the wall while I exited the area. I hadn’t noticed until now that Trent’s office was at the highest point in the community, he was able to see every movement below him. I bet he views us as a bunch of ants doing every meticulous task, I can’t blame him for showing his power. It can get to anyone’s head, who knows what his past is like maybe he was in a position of power before and it just comes naturally. I leaped up each step with grace closing in on Trent’s door, I felt a surge of pain go through my left eye. I grimaced and arched my back and faced the ground, I couldn’t believe that the pain started to bother right before I had to talk to Trent. I stood up straight after a few seconds and regained my composure I knocked on the door and entered.

“Ah there he is! How great to see you!” laughed Trent

“Hi.” I replied casually

“I wanted to talk to you about something that’s been on my mind for a while…” shrugged Trent

“Let’s hear it.” I said

“I knew when I first met you that you were strong, even when I harassed your group you kept your nerve.” stated Trent “You’re a strong man Cody, you’re a man I can trust to help me with my plan.” Trent revealed

“With what?” I asked genuinely curious

“I’m going to expand my community, I don’t have enough people to help lead with me.” Trent revealed

“You want me to help you lead this community?” I asked

“Exactly.” Trent stated sternly

“I don’t know how to feel about this.” I sighed

“You’ll come to realize this is a position where you won’t have to do those petty jobs that I have the others perform.” said Trent

“It’s nice that you’re offering me this position but you do realize you forced me into this community right?” I asked rhetorically

“My men came back to me and reported that you had no supplies and the weather was turning even worse. I came back to take you in, even if it meant getting into a brawl. I couldn’t just leave you out in the blizzard.” revealed Trent

“Wow, I guess that’s a new way to look at it.” I mumbled “What was with the baseball bat and hitting me in the face?” I asked still a bit agitated

“You fired a gun at us, and my man was a little...overzealous.” Trent explained

“I guess we were a little overboard.” I sighed

“But that’s all in the past now, I’m wanting you to prove to me that I can trust you.” Trent digressed

“And how would I do that?” I asked

“I need you to go and teach that girl Morgan a lesson, she’s been causing problems around our community and it won’t be tolerated.” Trent snarled

“How should I go about that?” I asked with fear in my voice

“Take this mallet and smash her hands, she’s been tampering with our supplies and I want to make sure that can’t happen anymore.” Trent declared

I took the mallet and examined it, he wanted me to hurt the person I couldn’t bear to lose.

“Go and do this and we’ll talk some more, but if you don’t there will be some consequences for you.” Trent warned me

I walked out of his office and grimaced at the thought of hurting Morgan, I needed Trent’s trust but I couldn’t become a sadistic man in the process. Each step felt like I was having 5 pounds put onto my shoulders, Morgan walked away from the door she was blissfully unaware of what I had to do. I closed my eyes and thought of what could happen if I were to shirk my duty, I was approached by Paige.

“How’s your eye?” asked Paige

“Before entering Trent’s office I had a surge of pain go through it, it was awful.” I explained

“Hmm, well tell me if there’s anything else going on with it.” demanded Paige “This is important information that I need to hear as soon as you can tell me!” Paige reminded me

“Alright I’ll keep up with the report, I gotta go and take care of something really quick.” I told her

“Ok well make sure to be careful!” smiled Paige before she walked past me

“Yeah...careful…” I mumbled

“All members report to the center of the community!” ordered Trent over an intercom

As I walked to the center I realized that this was a public display of punishment for Morgan. I looked at the mallet once more and frowned, this was probably going to hurt me more than it would hurt her and that’s saying something. Trent was found at the center of the commotion and was ordering everyone to stand about 5 feet back, he brought with him a table.

“Morgan come stand next to me!” ordered Trent

Morgan started to walk up to Trent with a look of fear on her face, this was going to be hard.

“What do we have here?” Trent asked the community “A raccoon!” snapped Trent

A raccoon?

“One who steals and tampers with our things!” Trent revealed “Cody here is going to show you what happens when you’re a raccoon!” He yelled “Right Cody?” He asked

“Right…” I faltered

Hemmit, Evan, Samole, and Maria appeared and I couldn’t look them in the eye. I caught a few glares of respect from some of the members, but my real groups opinion is all that matters.

“Go ahead boys, hold her hands!” Trent commanded

Two of his men came from the side and latched onto Morgan’s wrists, I gasped and looked her in the eye. She felt like struggling, I could see it. I raised the mallet and looked at Morgan’s hands, I struggled on what to do.

“Do it!” commanded Trent

[Smash Morgan’s Hands] or [Refuse]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw9poM8cZE&index=6&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

• [Refuse]

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 2: Lessons on Trust [Help with Fortifications] “I’ll go check out the fortifications.” I answered ster

• Why is this chapter posted twice? :P

[Refuse]

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 2: Lessons on Trust [Help with Fortifications] “I’ll go check out the fortifications.” I answered ster

• [Refuse]

• I refuse, there is no why.

• screw you trent!

Refuse

Where's the hit Trent in the head with the mallet option?

• Haha fixed

Pipas posted: »

Why is this chapter posted twice? :P [Refuse]

• That would be an option if several of his members didn't have guns but ya know :p

crawfish posted: »

screw you trent! Refuse Where's the hit Trent in the head with the mallet option?

• [Refuse]

• You have a point. I just figured, since he's already let me know there will be consequences; might as well try and get one good lick in, he owe Chris an eye. Eye for eye as I see it.

That would be an option if several of his members didn't have guns but ya know

• edited September 2014

Who's Chris? You mean Cody? Lol

crawfish posted: »

You have a point. I just figured, since he's already let me know there will be consequences; might as well try and get one good lick in, he owe Chris an eye. Eye for eye as I see it.

• Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 3: Failed Lessons

[Refuse]

“NO!” I yelled in fierce refusal “I will not hurt this woman!” I snapped

“Cody, are you sure you want to do this?” asked Trent with rage

“Yes!” I clenched my teeth and fists

“Very well then.” said Trent hospitably

Right after the words slithered out of his mouth I felt his fist crack my jaw, I spat out blood and looked back up at him. Another fist struck me down only this time I fell to the ground and had no way up. Trent continuously beat on me until he looked at my eyepatch and smiled.

“You really should’ve listened!” Trent laughed “You’re gonna learn!” yelled Trent as he dug his fingers into my wounded eye

“Aaaaaiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhh!” I cried out in pain

“Ready to listen?!” Trent yelled with vigor

“Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!” I continued

“Cody!” Morgan cried out “Let him go!” she demanded

Blood flowed down my face, I knew my eye was done for. I shook my body ferociously trying to escape Trent he continued to dig into my eye. After he was finished he got up and wiped my blood off on his shirt, and yanked the mallet out of my motionless hands. He approached Morgan with a psychotic look on his face, she was scared.

“Now...your turn!” Trent panted

Trent brought down the mallet upon Morgan’s left hand, she screamed in pain and I was powerless to stop it. I tried so hard to get up but the pain in my eye was too much, I was miserable.

“Stop!” Maria pleaded

Trent didn’t listen to anyone he just continued about his psychopathic business. I passed out after a few seconds.

A Few Hours Later…

I slowly lifted my head and inspected the room I was in. It was musty and smelt like fresh blood, I was concerned for Morgan more than anything. I groaned a bit and was almost instantly by Paige and her dark green eyes.

“I have some good news...and some bad news.” stated Paige empathetically

“Give me the bad news…” I groaned

“You’re never going to be able to use that eye again…” Paige sighed

“Oh god…” I faltered

“Want the good news?” asked Paige immediately

“Yes!” I said nearly shouting it with great desperation

“You won’t have any brain damage.” Paige reported professionally

“Jesus...that’s at least something to be thankful for…” I sighed

“I’m so sorry…” Paige remarked

“Where’s Morgan?” I asked with concern

“She’s resting a few beds over.” Paige answered

“Is she ok?” I asked

“She’ll be fine, Trent just made sure to break her one hand.” Paige reported

“I need to see her!” I pleaded

“You need to stay down and rest some more!” Paige demanded

“Gahh fine!” I moaned

The door creaked open and I found Trent briskly pacing over to me, I clenched my fists and got ready for anything.

“I can see you clenching your fists.” laughed Trent “Do you really wanna try something after the ass beating you just received!” Trent continued laughing

“Just you wait you sadistic piece of shit maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but I will kill you, and when I do you’re gonna wish you never messed with me.” I growled with hysteric rage

“I can’t wait for that day…” Trent smiled

I glared at Trent and wouldn’t back down even if I was completely vulnerable to whatever he tried. I got a clear view of the pistol he had relaxed in his belt, I wanted to smash him over the head with a bottle I found near my bed but didn’t think it would be wise to try anything in my condition. I patiently awaited his exiting of the room, after some time had passed he left me alone in the room taking Paige with him. I looked over to Morgan with her left hand in a splint, I felt terrible for what happened to her. I slumped up and quietly hopped out of the bed with massive aches and pain. I slowly walked to Morgan and had to cover my mouth in fear of letting any noise come out, I placed my hand over hers and had to let her know.

“I wish this would have never happened to you..” I began “I’ll help you through this, we’ll be ok…” I started to falter with my voice trickling off

Suddenly Morgan groaned and awoke by my side, I held her tightly and made sure she was comfortable.

“Oh god!” Morgan gasped when looking at the bandage over my eye and all the blood that was soaked into it “I can’t believe he did this to you!” Morgan cried

“I’m alright...how’s your hand?” I asked

“It hurts like hell.” stated Morgan

We quickly turned our heads when another member of the community walked into the room. I didn’t recognize him but I could tell he was agitated by the expression on his face. I noticed he had a gun in his hand and just stood at the door watching us, I was angry that I couldn’t have one moment with Morgan.

[Ask Him Why He’s Here] or [Force Him to Leave]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ru5pcqDKyQ

• [Ask Him Why He’s Here]

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 3: Failed Lessons [Refuse] “NO!” I yelled in fierce refusal “I will not hurt this woman!” I snapped

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 3: Failed Lessons [Refuse] “NO!” I yelled in fierce refusal “I will not hurt this woman!” I snapped

• ask why he's here

Trent is deliciously evil; I almost want to make another character to just help Cody kill him. I know Hemmit would volunteer for the job!

• BUMP!

Sorry for the wait, i've had a lot to do the past few days, I might try and get 2 chapters ready this weekend along with one tonight!

• Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 4: Forming a Militia

[Ask Him Why He’s Here]

“Why are you here?” I ask with aggravation while standing in front of Morgan for her own protection

“I’m tired of that son of a bitch!” said the man

“Trent?” I hesitated while inching closer to the man

“That’s not the first time something like that’s happened, he’s also punished me severely.” sighed the man while lifting his shirt and showing the scars on his back from his punishment. I felt a lot of empathy for this man, I knew he could’ve really earned this punishment but from what happened to myself only hours before I didn’t expect anything less from Trent other than pure brutality.

“I have a plan to leave.” I revealed to the battered and fragile man

“Really?!” He asked in disbelief

“Yes, I just need the people for the job.” I answered with confidence “Now, what’s your name?” I said with a bit of a trickling in my voice from pain

“My name’s Zehn.” He replied

“Well Zehn it’s been a pleasure to meet you!” I smiled and turned to Morgan who now looked to be feeling better

Suddenly static erupted from Zehn’s waist and he pulled the walkie-talkie in close to answer the call to action. “Zehn I need you to go and help in the greenhouse!” we overheard Trent order. Zehn lowered the walkie-talkie and sighed whilst looking to the wooden floors that were a bit wet in some places.

“I gotta go, i’ll talk to you all later.” Zehn said while exiting the room

“You have a plan?” Morgan smiled at me

“You’re goddamn right!” I said boldly

Meanwhile at the Greenhouse…

“I’m so sick of this bullshit!” yelled Samole irritated and throwing her yellow colored gloves to the cement floor.

“I’m worried sick of Cody…” faltered Maria rubbing her eyes to hold back tears

“It’ll be alright, that man’s tough I knew it as soon as I saw him.” Hemmit reassured her with a hand on the shoulder

“We need to get out of here!” Samole continued

“Getting pissed off about it won’t help.” said Evan weakly

All of a sudden Zehn appeared in the room and walked towards one of the pots and trimmed some of the branches off. The room fell silent for a few seconds until Zehn decided to reveal Cody’s intentions.

“He has a plan…” Zehn began self assured of himself

“Who has a plan?” they asked suspiciously

“Cody!” he smiled

Trent’s Office…

“That kids got some balls Paige!” Trent laughed while loading his pistol

“You can’t be injuring people like that!” Paige yelled at him

“Calm down, it didn’t kill him!” Trent argued back still chuckling a bit

“It could have!” Paige argued back while pacing about the blue colored room and pinpointing every detail

“Look I don’t need to explain myself.” Trent said while standing and popping his back “Now get out.” He ordered sternly

Paige walked out of the room with agility and slammed the door behind her and stomping down on every step along the way. Trent paced around the room and decided to just sit back down before dinner would be served. Trent picked up a photo and gazed at the woman and two children posed against an oak tree, a tear rolled down his eye and he began to weep at the sight of his family. It started to rain outside but for Trent it was also raining inside.

“I’ve failed you!” he cried out

Recovery Room…

I paced around for a while and looked at every detail in this expansive room. I decided after a while to just sit down and await Paige’s return, I couldn’t take much more of this lying around business. The door opened and Paige appeared in the doorway motioning Morgan and I to follow her, with a spring in my step I walked briskly to the lighted doorway. It was amazing finally leave that room, for what seemed like ages had only been hours. We walked in the direction of the cafeteria, passing by some of the plastic tables we noticed a bit more food than usual. I saw Trent walking towards the majority of the community and cleared his throat for a speech.

“The reason for the extra food is just a little reward for the hard work and your continued determination to make this community a safer place!” Trent smiled

My jaw flew open in an instant after what he just said. Is he bipolar? Why would he gouge my eye out one minute but then reward the community for a continued supply of determination and hard work the next? All of these questions came to mind but I decided to not let it eat away at me. I picked up the fork and took a large amount of a salad the chef had put together, biting into it felt like heaven. Every time I plunged the almost trident like fork into the delectable lettuce topped with an assortment of other unadulterated vegetables. A drop of crimson blood puddled onto a spoon that was set next to the bowl, I grimaced at the thought of the blood dripping into the meal. I continued to eat until Paige took a stroll over to check on my eye.

“We need to change the bandage after your meal.” Paige stated

“Alright, thanks.” I smiled while putting another piece of lettuce into my mouth

After Dinner..

I sat on a small foldable chair in the corner with some peroxide and fresh bandages atop a stool. I couldn’t quit nevously tapping my foot on the floor, Paige approached me and unwrapped my bandage carefully. She poured some peroxide onto the cloth and wiped my eye, finally she re-bandaged my eye.

“There good as new!” Paige smiled

“I wish I had a new eye.” I said

“Well that would be nice.” she smiled

After we were finished with that I went back to my room, I sighed as I slumped into the squeaky bed. I threw my shirt onto a chair on the other side of the room and leaned against the headboard. Not even a minute later I heard a knocking on my door. I just want some sleep, is that to much to ask? I opened up the door about a quarter of the way and noticed Morgan outside holding each hand in the other with a lovely smile on her face.

“What do you need?” I asked politely

“I wanted to stay and chat with you.” she insisted

“That’d be alright.” I said opening up the door all the way and letting her in

“How’s your eye doing?” she faltered

“It’s doing alright, how about your hand?” I asked sympathetically

“It’s not hurting as much as it was.” she replied

“Well i’m glad.” I smiled

“Cody there’s something that’s been on my mind for a while now.” Morgan’s voice came to a whisper

“What is it.” I said

“Ever since we escaped from that prison i’ve had feelings for you, the reason I decided to leave was for the fear of seeing you die too..” she faltered

“You didn’t want to see me die?” I asked curiously

“I’ve already lost my husband Brody, when I started to grow stronger feelings towards you I couldn’t handle seeing another person I cared about die…” she faltered and put a hand on my shoulder

“I’m sorry.” I sighed thinking about only losing Cyndia 2 months ago and not knowing where Morgan was going with this

Morgan got close to me and wrapped her arms around me, I embraced her as well. She kissed me on the cheek and made her exit leaving me speechless. I slipped back under the covers in my bed and tried to fall asleep but what just happened stayed on my mind for a long time.

I woke up quite early to a bit of commotion outside, I opened my door and found a group of 15 people before me and awaiting my awakening. I rubbed my eye and had to look twice, I had no idea why they were all joined together outside my door but I went along with it anyway.

“Why are you all here?” I asked them

“We heard you have a plan to escape.” Maria stepped forward

“I do...do you all want to follow through with it?” I asked sternly

“Yes yes we do.” added one of the women

[Tell Them the Plan] or [Wait Until More People are Gathered]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhv_yFMuwxs

• [Tell Them the Plan]

Episode 3: Walls of Ash Chapter 4: Forming a Militia [Ask Him Why He’s Here] “Why are you here?” I ask with aggravation while standing

Sign in to comment in this discussion.