Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• What the... Oh god no.

Okay. Additional Info : This exists in the files of Episode 5

• The complete list that proves Telltale were gonna kill off AJ too..

Alt text

• Well.

If you excuse me, I'll be cuddling in a ball now.

Okay. Additional Info : This exists in the files of Episode 5

• ...That's dark. I can see why this was taken out.

The complete list that proves Telltale were gonna kill off AJ too..

• Hatching babies right after homework.

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited October 2014

Clem: Hm, lets see my list of chores today...

Chores

1, Talk to Kenny
    2..Talk to Luke
    3. Cry about Lee
    4. Suck it up
    5. Kill AJ

Clem: Well, Luke and Kenny are asleep. I cried about Lee too many times and I have no tears left, and I can't suck it up since I'm not crying. Guess the only thing I can do... Hey, AJ, who's a little cutie, huh?

• A .chore file is responsible for the animations, models, events that occur within a scene.

• I tried it a couple weeks ago, I agreed to take the pciture and waited like 3-5 minutes and nothing happened.

• Guess they're waiting for S3.

• edited October 2014

not sure if anyone has posted this yet but in the kenny/jane fight jane was supposed to have the upper hand and i think we were even meant to shoot jane instead of kenny or kenny can still kill her with the knife idk still pretty interesting also kenny was supposed to smash jane's face into shattered glass or something but it was all cut from the final version

all credit goes to vivec for discovering this

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• Any videos of the full fight?

Jewfreeus posted: »

not sure if anyone has posted this yet but in the kenny/jane fight jane was supposed to have the upper hand and i think we were even meant t

• Darn

nope

• nope

Any videos of the full fight?

• edited October 2014

Now I wonder what the stats would be if Jane was the one about to kill Kenny instead of vice versa.

not sure if anyone has posted this yet but in the kenny/jane fight jane was supposed to have the upper hand and i think we were even meant t

• That's pretty horrible...With this, and the apparent switch between Jane and Kenny's roles during the fight, and the unused audio where Luke survives, it makes me wonder what else they were going to put in but didn't, for whatever reason. (I personally wasn't too fond of the finale so I keep wondering if all these unused options would have changed my mind had they made it into the final version of the game. Hm.)

• Holy crap, they were seriously going to kill AJ?

#O_OBabyDoomedForSeason3!

• honestly I think 80% would have shot Jane

bloop posted: »

Now I wonder what the stats would be if Jane was the one about to kill Kenny instead of vice versa.

• Maybe they deleted it because it won't be as emotional as shooting Kenny. I wouldn't cry if I shoot Jane but when I shot Kenny I cried like a lil' baby and this game is about the emotions you feel in it so shooting Kenny is way more emotional than shooting Jane.

• ikr. I also feel like Jane was suppose to get to Wellington if you shot Kenny, but then TellTale realized that there would be 0 emotion in it so they just made a weird not very stratifying jane ending

FetchWalker posted: »

Maybe they deleted it because it won't be as emotional as shooting Kenny. I wouldn't cry if I shoot Jane but when I shot Kenny I cried like

• Nah, I think she wouldn't go to Wellington because it wouldn't make sense for her, especially because she wouldn't risk her life for Wellington.

Poogers555 posted: »

ikr. I also feel like Jane was suppose to get to Wellington if you shot Kenny, but then TellTale realized that there would be 0 emotion in it so they just made a weird not very stratifying jane ending

• edited October 2014

But Kenny's still holding the knife in his right hand in that gif. Choking someone won't do much if the other person is armed with a knife. However it looks like Jane is trying to hold down Kenny's hand with the knife in it.

• Well considering Randy and Patricia are just reskined Molly and Carlos and you can see how similar they look I really think the Jane ending wasnt really planned.

dojo32161 posted: »

Nah, I think she wouldn't go to Wellington because it wouldn't make sense for her, especially because she wouldn't risk her life for Wellington.

• Kenny will search for the knife while Jane is choking him, then stab her in the chest if you won't shoot her.

sialark posted: »

But Kenny's still holding the knife in his right hand in that gif. Choking someone won't do much if the other person is armed with a knife. However it looks like Jane is trying to hold down Kenny's hand with the knife in it.

• Nick didnt know where the river was.

He guessed.

• So Jane would have died either way?

Kenny will search for the knife while Jane is choking him, then stab her in the chest if you won't shoot her.

• It appears so.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

So Jane would have died either way?

• I am so glad that didn't happen if that's what would have happened.

It appears so.

• To have Jane die either way isn't much of a choice. Sure they changed it eventually, but they'd been hyping the big pizza/ice cream choice at the end for a long time. These files must predate their plans for that. Or maybe there was a choice, but just a different one....

It appears so.

• Alt text

Nick didnt know where the river was. He guessed.

• edited October 2014

I think it is safe to assume that Clementine gets blamed for stealing from Arvo even if she gives back the medicine because Arvo was paranoid and assumes that Jane is still with the group, and it was Jane who takes his gun and threatens to kill him in either scenario. Clementine can tell him that Jane left, but he thinks that it is a trap and that Jane is hiding, which is exactly what Jane did the first time she and Clem met Arvo on the deck.

• Well 70% of the people shot Kenny so...

honestly I think 80% would have shot Jane

• Alt text

bloop posted: »

Little does anyone know, but Luke lives.

• The post above about this
    Alt text
    Some people on a modding forum said it could just be this scene, but the file wording made it confusing. Clementine puts the baby down and hatchets the Zombie
    Alt text

• a chore file is the file in the game that contains when you interact with it, for example killing a zombie with the right trigger or rapidly tapping A or X
    so, basing that a chore file is interaction, the other ones might be cutscenes, before and after you interact with it.

The post above about this Some people on a modding forum said it could just be this scene, but the file wording made it confusing. Clementine puts the baby down and hatchets the Zombie

• Eddie's character is actually modeled after Sean Ainsworth's brother, Chris Rebbert.

Alt text Alt text

• The Resemblance. Its perfect. We now know what Eddie looks like without the hat.

Eddie's character is actually modeled after Sean Ainsworth's brother, Chris Rebbert.

• Doug's character is modeled after Harrison Pink's friend, Doug Tobacco

Alt text

Eddie's character is actually modeled after Sean Ainsworth's brother, Chris Rebbert.

• Yeah but it also says ZombieBaby

The post above about this Some people on a modding forum said it could just be this scene, but the file wording made it confusing. Clementine puts the baby down and hatchets the Zombie

• I don't think that the Jane ending is not satisfying. I kinda liked it. I can't say I loved it but it showed us a grown up Clementine who is able to make tough decisions like helping a family in need or make it leave and probably die. I loved it when Clem said the same thing Lee told her in her dream - "Somethimes you have to hurt someone else to protect the people you care about, a friend told me that once." And from that ending we assume that if you accepted the family Clem and Jane are going to help people by making this place something like 2nd Wellington - "Maybe we can start something here, Jane. It's not much but we'll make it better.". If you didn't help the family Clem and Jane will just stay here for a while and go somewhere else after that - "You know, maybe we should stay here a while." and like Clem says - "We are on our own now/ We have to look out for ourselves." So it doesn't have to be emotional for it to be a good ending. :)

ikr. I also feel like Jane was suppose to get to Wellington if you shot Kenny, but then TellTale realized that there would be 0 emotion in it so they just made a weird not very stratifying jane ending

Sign in to comment in this discussion.