The DVD

What do you think will be on it other than the games? Wallace and gromit shorts? Documentaries? :confused:

Comments

• edited July 2009
    A Telltale-made Wallace and Gromit short would be kind of cool.
  • edited July 2009
    They haven't done anything like this before but I would be really interested in seeing more behind the scenes type stuff from Telltale in how the games are designed and specifically with W&G, how they interacted with Aardman to create the storylines, characters, etc.

The Sam & Max commentaries touched on this briefly but I want more, more, more...
  • edited July 2009
    I personally hope it has some wallace and gromit claymation films....i just hope there's as much stuff as there was on the Sam and max dvds, because if not, it would kinda be a rip off as it's $10.00 shipping :(
  • edited July 2009
    I have an idea!

Commentaries: Each episode will have a commentary, one with Sound Guys and/or Voice Actors, one with Telltale Production, and one with Telltale design AND Aardman writers, executives, etc.

Some of those Two minute shorts from W&G, with the ability to press "angle" and get it in the Telltale engine.

Trailers

Wallace and Gromit in the Curious Case of Monty Muzzle (Muzzled! Presented like Sam and Max Save Christmas)

BEhind-The-Scenes with Telltale

And a very basic Telltale Scene Maker. You have like, the house, and the garden. You can say "Wallace walks up to table, Gromit looks at him, Wallace: Wensleydale!, Major Crum then walks in, only to leave immediately." Each character would have a dialougue bank to gather from. Telltale could hold contests using this to see "Who can create the best Major Crum - Gromit Scene?" With the prize being the option to be included in the TOMI DVD credits.
  • edited July 2009
    I have an idea!

Commentaries: Each episode will have a commentary, one with Sound Guys and/or Voice Actors, one with Telltale Production, and one with Telltale design AND Aardman writers, executives, etc.

Some of those Two minute shorts from W&G, with the ability to press "angle" and get it in the Telltale engine.

Trailers

Wallace and Gromit in the Curious Case of Monty Muzzle (Muzzled! Presented like Sam and Max Save Christmas)

BEhind-The-Scenes with Telltale

And a very basic Telltale Scene Maker. You have like, the house, and the garden. You can say "Wallace walks up to table, Gromit looks at him, Wallace: Wensleydale!, Major Crum then walks in, only to leave immediately." Each character would have a dialougue bank to gather from. Telltale could hold contests using this to see "Who can create the best Major Crum - Gromit Scene?" With the prize being the option to be included in the TOMI DVD credits.
    That is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope telltale uses your ideas!
  • edited July 2009
    you ideas are good, but i wouldn't count on it though. telltale is pretty busy at the moment. they have monkey island to finish, then there is the new csi game and hopefully a third season of sam and max...so, the dvd may have a bit less extras than the other ones.
    i just hope there's as much stuff as there was on the Sam and max dvds, because if not, it would kinda be a rip off as it's $10.00 shipping :(
    i wouldn't exactly call it a rip off...it's not like telltale is taking your ten bucks and buying a pack of new socks for dan connors with it. but you're right, that 10$ may be a bit much for some, if the dvd contains no extras...i would get it nonetheless..as long as it isn't just a blank dvd-r and has a proper case and everything, it's worth it.
  • edited July 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    you ideas are good, but i wouldn't count on it though. telltale is pretty busy at the moment. they have monkey island to finish, then there is the new csi game and hopefully a third season of sam and max...so, the dvd may have a bit less extras than the other ones.

i wouldn't exactly call it a rip off...it's not like telltale is taking your ten bucks and buying a pack of new socks for dan connors with it. but you're right, that 10$ may be a bit much for some, if the dvd contains no extras...i would get it nonetheless..as long as it isn't just a blank dvd-r and has a proper case and everything, it's worth it.

Yeah, you're right. I hope it at least has all of the "Cracking Contraptions" Short films, though
  • edited July 2009
    I liked what they did with the Sam and Max Save Christmas and just had one long video of the entire game - so you could just watch it as a movie rather than play it.

If they did that with the four Wallace and Gromits, it would be like having four episodes of W&G to watch for entertainment. It would be great if they could just run on your DVD player on your TV in your living room.

I also like the commentaries they had on it.

Also stick in the trailers for the games and extras like the concept art and behind the scenes stuff.

I liked the fun stuff they have like the videos of Strong Bad working at Telltale games and you got to see what the Telltale staff look like.

They should definitely put those behind the scenes videos they had with the voice actors - seeing who plays Wallace and Major Crumb was so cool because it was totally not how you would imagine they look!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.