Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• You and me both, mate.

That day there'll be spoilers everywhere. The last week will be tough.

cries

Lingvort posted: »

Guess who's extremely jealous right now? raises hand

• Ahh thank you Pipas for the warning :3

Pipas posted: »

So appearently there'll be text-based browser game that should fill the gap between Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. It should be a

• Yeah... but, at the very least, the DA:I will be just 5 days till release.

And damn will they be hard... starts laughing hysterically

You and me both, mate. That day there'll be spoilers everywhere. The last week will be tough. cries

• Yeah, I think I'm dropping off the grid on the 13th and not resurfacing until I've completed the game.

You and me both, mate. That day there'll be spoilers everywhere. The last week will be tough. cries

• edited November 2014

Noice.

Dat Leliana be hella smexy doe. :3

Triple post, I guess... But new video is coming tomorrow!

• There've been a bunch of previews posted today in advance of the reviews coming on the 11th. Head over to the bioware forums to see them all, some good stuff there.

• I was in the Twitter thread and saw it was being bombarded by pre-release gameplay videos. Some of them apparently have some plot spoilers though, so I've kinda ducked out.

Flog61 posted: »

There've been a bunch of previews posted today in advance of the reviews coming on the 11th. Head over to the bioware forums to see them all, some good stuff there.

• The plot spoilers are very very minor. Like 'you'll be here with this character near the star of the game', but that's fair :P

One with more spoilers was posted recently apparently but I didn't watch.

I was in the Twitter thread and saw it was being bombarded by pre-release gameplay videos. Some of them apparently have some plot spoilers though, so I've kinda ducked out.

• The final video of "Gameplay Features" here, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EP7SzQw2Y

• Looks like Hawke grew his beard even more.

Alt text

He should shave, now he looks too old. :D

And Inquisitor had to do something really bad that he made Varric leave. Varric!

The final video of "Gameplay Features" here, folks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EP7SzQw2Y

• He also had a plastic surgery, because he doesn't look like his old self. One could blame this on a better engine and way more development time, but I think that's an imposter.

To anyone who might make Varric leave (though, lol, if I go along with my first playthrough plan, this might apply to me as well), I'll leave this song to listen to (don't know why I post it, lol, maybe because I like it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc&index=3&list=LLki6n_RuxC4wa7sp5DeMGzQ

Looks like Hawke grew his beard even more. He should shave, now he looks too old. And Inquisitor had to do something really bad that he made Varric leave. Varric!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt7yGKbPnTQ

(Yeah, yeah, it's a double post, but what can you do?)

• "Is it called a...gibbet?"

It appears we have many different methods of execution during judgements. I like it. :S

The final video of "Gameplay Features" here, folks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8EP7SzQw2Y

• I think that's an imposter.

Hm, you may be on to something here. Wait a minute. Hawke is there with the warden Strout. Hawke's brother Carver can become warden. He was always jealous of Hawke. What if...

Alt text

Carver killed him and stole his beard! That could also explain Hawke's disappearance! And there had to be some blood magic involved, he changed his eye color! Guys, Carver is evil!

if I go along with my first playthrough plan, this might apply to me as well

What, do you plan to steal his Bianca or something? :D

He also had a plastic surgery, because he doesn't look like his old self. One could blame this on a better engine and way more development t

• Yes... Yes, I see it now, it's an imposter Hawke! All evidence is here, clear as crystal!

What, do you plan to steal his Bianca or something? :D

No...

I plan to smash to pieces and take a piss on them. starts maniacally laughing There's no sense in that act, other than some pure douchebaggery.

I think that's an imposter. Hm, you may be on to something here. Wait a minute. Hawke is there with the warden Strout. Hawke's broth

• Pipas posted: »

I think that's an imposter. Hm, you may be on to something here. Wait a minute. Hawke is there with the warden Strout. Hawke's broth

• So, obviously this game is going to be a huge game, with lots of quests, and lots of things to do.

Saying that, does anyone think that we will be able to beat the main storyline and then keep on playing the game and finishing up sidequests etc.?

• edited November 2014

They've confirmed that the game continues after you complete the main story, as is expected in a semi open world sort of setting.

Which means we'll probably get story DLC that takes place afterwards this time.

So, obviously this game is going to be a huge game, with lots of quests, and lots of things to do. Saying that, does anyone think that we will be able to beat the main storyline and then keep on playing the game and finishing up sidequests etc.?

• YAY

Alt text

They've confirmed that the game continues after you complete the main story, as is expected in a semi open world sort of setting. Which means we'll probably get story DLC that takes place afterwards this time.

• I never played Dragon Age...I want to...It's too late though, I don't have a Steam or PC to play it correctly on....and I don't have a last-gen console anymore...

:(

• so who did you guys romance in DA:2?

• edited November 2014

Isabela was the only one that appealed to me somewhat. Anders and Fenris just annoyed me personally, and Merrill had way too much of a 'little sister' sort of feel to her, romancing her would have felt incredibly awkward tbh.

Nobody really jumped out at me in DA2, like Leliana did in Origins. Though I was pretty divided between her and Alistair for my canon Warden for a while. I like them both, but eventually I made her go with Leliana and haven't looked back since. :s

so who did you guys romance in DA:2?

• This.

Isabela was the only one that appealed to me somewhat. Anders and Fenris just annoyed me personally, and Merrill had way too much of a 'litt

• I took into consideration the canon of my Hawke and decided to go for Anders. Despite his poorly written character I set my Hawke up with him cause she had major sympathy for mages and Anders represented the will of the mages resistance.

I went into a lot more detail on this in an earlier post, let me try and find it.

"Hawke was another favourite character of mine to create. She's a female rouge so she's adept at sneaking and being quick to the point. But even with her quick lifestyle she could never keep on moving without her family. She holds a special bond with her sister as they both share common interests. But she grew more and more sympathy for her and other mages when she saw how unfair they were being treated. Even after trying so hard to hide her in Kirkwall even Bethany was taken and Hawke felt empty inside for not being able to save her from being taken, she felt as though she betrayed the mages as much as she betrayed he sister. Then along came Anders (Yes I know he's a badly written character in DA2, but the other options weren't really to my liking) who was a mage fighting to stop the oppression of mages, and Hawke instantly felt a connection to him, as if he could be the person to help her save her sister. The only point my Hawke really couldn't agree with Anders is when he blew up the chantry (Cause you know, to free mages and prove they aren't all evil, you have to blow up a goddamn chantry and kill innocent priests. God the writing for DA2 sucks so much) But even then, it came to a point in which she was being selfish, her love for him was too strong, she couldn't ignore what he did, yet neither could she let him die. Hawke spared Anders only out of selfish love, which I think makes her character that much more realistic (She's not a complete savour, she makes mistakes, but she just couldn't let go of Anders)"

Isabela was the only one that appealed to me somewhat. Anders and Fenris just annoyed me personally, and Merrill had way too much of a 'litt

• Yep, pretty much this. Except for the Leliana part, never liked her.

hides

• I was having trouble deciding betwene Merril and Anders, i went with Anders. I can't stand Isabela, haven't romanced her in any of my playthroughs.

• So, just from watching the Inquisition trailers, who is your fave companion? Mine is Solas.

• edited November 2014

<-----

And Cassandra, Dorian, Varric...

You know what? They're all cool. :D

That's actually great question for the poll! :D Vote HERE.

Gary-Oak posted: »

So, just from watching the Inquisition trailers, who is your fave companion? Mine is Solas.

• ...and I don't have a last-gen console anymore...

Anymore? So, you did own one before?

Either way, it sucks. My condolences.

I never played Dragon Age...I want to...It's too late though, I don't have a Steam or PC to play it correctly on....and I don't have a last-gen console anymore...

• As my female Mage Hawke I was romancing Anders, but mostly to further this pro-Mage vibe I've had in the game.

None of the romances appealed much to me, so, if I'm going to play DA2 any time soon and not romance anyone, I won't be missing out on much.

• I tried to kill her in three separate playthroughs. Never worked.

puts his helmet on

Yep, pretty much this. Except for the Leliana part, never liked her. hides

• Voted for Cassandra and Varric. It's good to see that nobody has voted for Cullen... yet. And they better not.

<----- And Cassandra, Dorian, Varric... You know what? They're all cool. That's actually great question for the poll! Vote HERE.

• God dammit why can't she be a romance option, that voice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpekcveMOQ&feature=youtu.be

• Because fuck you, that's why. (c) Bioware.

God dammit why can't she be a romance option, that voice!

• Ohhh, nice! Let's hope we'll get videos for remaining companions as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpekcveMOQ&feature=youtu.be

• Since it's only 13 days left (maniacal whispers 13 days...), I reckon they'll release the rest every few days before the release.

Waiting for Cassandra.

Ohhh, nice! Let's hope we'll get videos for remaining companions as well.

• Yes, I owned a Xbox360. I upgraded to a PS4 at the summer and never heard of this game until now.

I guess the best I can do it watch a LP.

...and I don't have a last-gen console anymore... Anymore? So, you did own one before? Either way, it sucks. My condolences.

• Ah, well. I guess that's the best you can do without it.

Yes, I owned a Xbox360. I upgraded to a PS4 at the summer and never heard of this game until now. I guess the best I can do it watch a LP.

• It looks like we'll only get these videos for Vivienne, Varric and Iron Bull.

Since it's only 13 days left (maniacal whispers 13 days...), I reckon they'll release the rest every few days before the release. Waiting for Cassandra.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.