Our Last Hope - Interactive story

edited December 2015 in Forum Games

Alt text

I know that there are a lot of apocalypse stories in here, but I thought that maybe I should try to do one. It's been 10 years since the apocalypse began. This will be about a group of people, who are in a safe zone when something bad happens. They have to go across USA to find another one. They meet some people on the way, good and bad. There will be different kinds of zombies roaming around there.

The zombies:

Walkers: They're the slow ones, who are just looking for something to eat. They're more stupid than the other ones. They've been turned usually for 1 week - 5 years.

Runners: They're the fast ones. They can smell and see better than the others. They've been turned usually for 5 hours - 1 Week (Some people turn faster, some slower). After 1 week they turn into walkers

Bombers: They're blind, but the most dangerous ones. They can hear much more better than the others. If you touch a bomber, it will explode. They're rare, but very dangerous. If a bomber explodes, the other zombies will come to the place where it happened. Bombers have been turned usually for 5 Years - 10 Years. Most of the zombies don't become bombers, so that's why they're rare

Screamers: They are seen at night when it's really dark. When you notice one, you might want to kill it instantly. If a screamer sees you it will let out a really loud scream to attract the zombies. If you don't kill it, it will not stop screaming and will follow you until the other zombies arrive. Nobody knows how they become screamers and how long they've been turned.

Lurkers: They are really dangerous. Lurkers look like dead walkers, but if you get too close to one of those they will attack you. They are slow, but really hard to notice. One way to regonize one is that they don't move in herds. Lurkers have been turned for 5 hours - 10 years

Turned: These ones are really rare. They are zombies, but still have some kind of a human inside them. They can say things like "Hi" or "Me" and simple things like that. Their skins are turned darker so that's one way to regonize them. They bite you if you come too close. People become turned after 5 hours of the bite. They're usually turned for 4-5 hours and then they become runners

Stalkers: They are are the creepiest zombies. Their flesh is covered in some strange fungus which allows them blend it with trees and walls. They usually stalk people in lakes, rivers and forests and grab survivors. Stalkers are turned from people who have died in lakes/rivers.

Stingers: These zombies will burn your skin and flesh off as they touch you with their hands. Most of them travel in large hordes.

Wasters: These zombies let out a powerful toxic gas that causes nausea, paralyze or even death depending how much gas you inhale. Their gas is highly flammable and even the slighest spark will ignite it. They usually travel alone, are really slow but quiet. They are easily spotted if they're in the open.

You guys can also make your own zombies if you have ideas, just make a one in the comment section or PM me.

You can always submit a character

To submit a character:

*Name:

*Appearance:

*Personality:

*Weapon(s):

*Skills:

Backstory:

Other info:

Characters submitted:

• Sydney Hill, 28

• Quinton "Q" Davids, 28

• Wilson Smith, 14

• Domenick Salvatoriello, 40

• Zara Jefferson, 45

• Angelica Marshall, 9

• Buddy Calico (The Alley Cat killer), 37

• Simon Phillip, 40

• Samantha Montgomery, 30 Dead

• Natalia Mirnov, 28

• Sasha Konev, 28

• Patrick Storm, 43

• Cole Willows, 36

• Nick Donnel, 41

• Mary Mason, 21

• Hannah Heidrich, 20

• Billy O'Neil, 29

• Cameron, 25

• Riley 'Rye', 23

• Madison, 26

• Adrian, 30

• Alan Curry, 40

• Quin Chang, 22

• Marie Burke, 32

• Sidor Sozonov, 16

• Pat Davis, 30

Episode titles (Every episode has 10 chapters or more)

Episode 1: Survival lessons

Alt text

Episode 2: The survival of the fittest

Alt text

Episode 3: A long way to go

Alt text

Episode 4: Dead end

Alt text

Episode 5: One step closer

Alt text

Episode 6: Our last hope

Alt text

Comments

• 15 years? That's way too much.

• I'll make it 10 years :D That's pretty much too but I wanted to do something like this :p

TheUnkGuy posted: »

15 years? That's way too much.

• Name: Sydney Hill

Appearance: 5'8''. Long brown hair, blue eyes.

Personality: kind hearted and brave. Seems to easily lose grip of reality from time to time.

Weapon: 9mm pistol

Skills: persuasive and bartering

Back story: born to a lower class family in rural Tennessee, she learned to not waste and to use everything to your advantage.she used to have a horse and would go riding alot. The only time she ever got to see friends was at school.

Other: has a boyfriend, Quinton.

Name: Quinton 'Q' Davids

Appearance: 6'0''. Medium length brown hair, green eyes, scar on mid forehead from an automotive related injury.

Personality: mostly a gentle and caring man, but can sometimes go stone cold.

Weapons: .45 revolver and a confederate calvary sword handed down from generations. (Related to a confederate calvary officer)

Skills: mechanically minded, repair and construction. Swords/blades.

Back story: his family is from Alabama, as they have been for many generations. But they moved to Tennessee because his dad found work. Over time his dad became owner of the repair shop. Quinton spent a lot of time there working on cars, since he didn't know anyone. But he fit in fine and found some friends.

Other: has a girlfriend, Sydney.

• *Name: Wilson Smith

*Appearance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , white skin , 1,78 cm tall

*Personality: Agressive , Mean and Distrustful and first , Compassive , Honest , Caring and Helpful when he gets close to you. Lonely , Thoughtful , Depressive

*Weapon(s): Hunt Knif who Natalie gave him (look bellow) and a 9mm gun

*Skills: Run and Strategy

Backstory: He was with his mother when the ZA started. She got bit and they found Natalie , who lost her son Harry , alone. His mother begged for her to take care of Wilson and accepted. She took care of him alone for two years until a herd of walkers was about to kill them , and Natalie stayed behind so Wilson could escape. He was later found by members of the community alone

Other info:...He is doctor on the community

• edited February 2015

Name: Domenick Salvatoriello

Appearance: 6'2, dark brown messy hair and eyes, rugged beard, a long brown and white flannel shirt with blue jeans and brown work boots

Personality: Stubborn, violent, unpredictable, caring when needed to be, sarcastic, takes no shit from anyone, quiet, get things done, rebellious, brave

Weapon: Whatever he can get his hands on

Skills: Hotwiring cars, picking locks, shooting guns, military tactics, planning, driving ships or boats, stealth

Backstory: Domenick used to live in Italy, his father was very abusive, while his mother was very caring and protective of him. His father beat him and his mother, after a night his father came home drunk and started beating Domenick's mother, he was sent into a fit of rage and brutally killed his father. Realizing what he had just done. His mother told Domenick to leave, so he won't be sent to prison. Dom begged not to leave, but the police showed up and his mother told to Dom to run. so he did. Eventually, he fought in a war he didn't believe in. He saw terrible things. One in particular, he saw a line of children with their necks slit and all their fingers and toes cut off. Another time, where his squad was betrayed. Almost all of his childhood friends died, he and another where the only 2 to survive. Then he vowed to find the man who did this. So he started working for a man called Ray Anceloti, a very powerful criminal, in Italy, so he did work for him, smuggling people, killing people, kidnapping people. Once, when he smuggling some people into England, his ship crashed and sunk. Dom had to swim for his life. Ray was pissed and blamed it all on Dom. Domenick wanted to kill him. But Ray was too powerful and had too many connections. So he left for New York City. His brother, Tommy had been living there for a while and encouraged him to come and live the American dream. But Dom found out that Tommy had a gambling problem and was in debt to a lot of people. So Dom helped Tom out by dealing with them. But the loan sharks had connections to bigger and bigger gangsters. So Dom found himself in the criminal life again. Eventually a Russian mobster he was working for knew Ray and contacted him about Domenick.. And they ambushed him. There was one big gunfight between Domenick and Ray's goons. He killed them all and ended the Russian mobster and Ray's life. But he was arrested after. Domenick was still looking for the man that betrayed him. He regretted the things he done. But felt it was the only way. A couple years later, the outbreak started.

Other info: he is very protective of those he cares about, in particular, Tommy.

Man, I'm on a fucked up character roll!

• Thanks!

mr.quality posted: »

Name: Sydney Hill Age:18 (when it started) Appearance: 5'8''. Long brown hair, blue eyes. Personality: kind hearted and brave. Seem

• Thank you! :>

supersagig posted: »

*Name: Wilson Smith *Age: 4 (when it started) 14 (now) *Appearance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , white skin , 1,78 cm tall

• Really nice character man! :]

bloop posted: »

Name: Domenick Salvatoriello Age: 40(now) Appearance: 6'2, dark brown messy hair and eyes, rugged beard, a long brown and white flanne

• *Name: Zara Jefferson

*Appearance: white short curly hair , blue eyes , 5,2 feet tall , white skin

*Personality: Calm , talkative , moral , compassive , Helpful , Polite

*Weapon(s): 9mm gun

*Skills: Heal

Backstory: She was at his husband when it all started. The coffin started to move and his son , Ethan , open. The thing that used to be his husband started to eat his son. Some people panic and left , others tried to push off his husband living corpse (only to get also devoured by him or get bitten). She just standed there watching it. A police man came cross the place and rescued her. They meet the group and later the police got killed by walkers

Other info: ......

• Thank you! :]

*Name: Zara Jefferson *Age: 35 (when it started) 45 (now) *Gender: Female *Appearance: white short curly hair , blue eyes , 5,2 fee

• Why thank you. But damn, I made some messed up shit happen to this poor guy.

finlander posted: »

Really nice character man! :]

• *Name: Angelica Marshall

*Appearance: red short curly hair , green eyes , 3,5 feet tall

*Personality: Kind , Curious , Happy , Emotional , Innocent

*Weapon(s): Nothing?

*Skills: Be cute

Backstory: Her father died when the ZA started and her mother giving her birth. She never got out of the community and she doesn´t know how bad the world is out there.

Other info:

• edited February 2015

Name: The Alley Cat Killer (Real name: Buddy Calico)

Appearance: Bedraggled brown hair, calico green eye, deep scar that stretches across the right side of his face, missing right eye, extremely pale skin, black buttoned shirt covered by black trench coat, black baseball hat kept underneath black hood, black trousers, work boots, eyepatch, occasionally wears a white bloodstained cat mask, 7ft 3

Personality: Intelligent, violent, witty, insane

Weapon(s): Machete, ninja stars

Skills: Stealthy, quick

Backstory: Buddy spent his childhood killing his classmates. He got enjoyment out of watching people suffer. He always killed his victims in dark alleys which some students would use as a shortcut to get to the school. Due to all his victims being found mangled and bloody in alleys his was dubbed "The Alley Cat killer". He always wore the same cat mask that he made in a art class when he killed people. He got away with it until a few years later his parents found his diary in which described how it felt when he killed his victims and how he wrote about it like it was a mundane thing. He then spent 13 years in an asylum. When the apocalypse started he escaped.

Other info: Swedish , he lost his eye to a victim that fought back instead of running away.

• Name: Dr. Philip.

Appearance: Short blonde hair and stubble, wears his doctors uniform.

Personality: Kind and caring, likes to trick people and does so very easily. Very protective of anyone he deems a good person.

Weapon: Pistol.

Skills: He's a doctor!

Backstory: He worked as a doctor and lived well, until it all started, then he started becoming more and more isolated, until he realized he wasn't going to do any by isolating himself. Now he walks the road looking to do as much help as he can, he loves saying; "Relax, I'm a doctor," and other things like that.

Other info: Likes keeping secrets, but will tell them if anyone's in trouble and/or needs help that depends on the secret.

• Thank you! :]

*Name: Angelica Marshall *Age: 9 *Gender: Female *Appearance: red short curly hair , green eyes , 3,5 feet tall *Personality: Ki

• You always make so awesome characters :D but thank you! :>

TheFurryOne posted: »

Name: The Alley Cat Killer (Real name: Buddy Calico) Age: 27 (when apocalypse started) 37 (now) Gender: Male Appearance: Bedraggled

• Thanks! :>

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Name: Dr. Philip. Age: 40-? Gender: Male. Appearance: Short blonde hair and stubble, wears his doctors uniform. Personality: Kin

• *Name: Samantha Montgomery

*Appearance: black short curly hair , brown eyes , african-american , 6,1

*Personality: Smart , Caring, Funny , Honest , Overprotective of the people she cares about.

*Weapon(s): Rifle

*Skills: Use a gun , Leadership

Occupation: University Student (past) Leader of the community (now)

Backstory: She was in school when the ZA started. She saw her boyfriend and all her friends die in front of her eyes. She only lived because she left them behind running away. She made the community to protect the only there is left in the world and to pay for leaving behind her loved ones. She is the leader of the communnity

Other info: Her birthday is on December 25

• Name: Natalia Mirnov

Appearance: 5'8'' blonde hair, Grey eyes, red lipstick, Russian

Personality: brave, courageous, takes risks, easily likeable

Weapons: mosin nagant

Skills: brave, fearless, loveable and kind

Back story: she came to America as a vacation with her girlfriend Sasha, they were trapped inside the country when the apocalypse began. She never made it home to see her family, but she's moved forward. She likes to make a plan and stick to it.

Other: girlfriend Sasha

Name: Sasha Konev

Appearance: 5'7''. Brown hair, blue eyes, Russian

Personality: open and friendly, treats everyone like friends, risk taker

Weapon: Dragnov sniper rifle and survival knife.

Skills: marksmanship, persuasive

Back ground: left Russia only. Because her girlfriend Natalia wanted to, often wonders what happened to her family.

Other: girlfriend Natalia

• Thank you! :}

mr.quality posted: »

Name: Natalia Mirnov Gender:female Age:18 (at the beginning) Appearance: 5'8'' blonde hair, Grey eyes, red lipstick, Russian Per

*Name: Samantha Montgomery *Age: 30 *Gender: Female *Appearance: black short curly hair , brown eyes , african-american , 6,1 *P

• 10 years still seems absurd, I will put a stronger character than usual.

*Name: Harry Brody.

*Appearance: He has messy black hair not combed long ago, black eyes, nose and face filled with scars. He is short, a little bit fat and little muscular. Wear army-like pants and torn white shirt.

*Personality: His personality is quite variable. When he is in a calm moment, he likes to talk and tell some adventures. When he is in a serious conversation, he tries to stay calm and talk what is needed, but he can lose temper the conversation turn worse. When he is in an emergency situation, he is desperate and can even yell at others. When he is in a sad moment, he prefers to be alone. When he meets new people, he asks them 4 simple questions ("who you are?," where you came from?","What do you want?" And "You already killed someone?"), after answered, he shows sympathy with these new people if the answers pleased him, but he would send them away if don't. Overall, he is:. Serious, confident, sympathetic and humane.

*Weapon(s):

• Primary weapon: Taurus PT 100
    • Long distance weapon: AK-47.
    • Melee weapon: Long knife and axe.

*Skills: He is good with long distance weapons for having attention better than the others, he can also load faster than most. He is bad with melee weapon and desperate races.

Backstory: For being 10 years of apocalypse, the story would be very long, all I can say is that he lost his wife at the beginning of the apocalypse and his only daughter one year ago. Maybe I'll do a little fanfiction about him.

Other info: I did not want to do a character like Gary Stu, but 10 years of apocalypse forces me to make a stronger character than I should.

• edited January 2015

The toughness kind of depends if your character is in a military safe zone, or out in the wild. In the safe zone the military takes care of them, like hunting food for them and passing food tickets for doing jobs. In the wild it's the survival of the fittest.

But thanks for the character :>

TheUnkGuy posted: »

10 years still seems absurd, I will put a stronger character than usual. *Name: Harry Brody. *Age: 42 *Gender: Male *Appearance:

• He is from the military security zone, he could not survive alone for long.

The toughness kind of depends if your character is in a military safe zone, or out in the wild. In the safe zone the military takes care of

• I have the oldest character here lol.

Also, I got anew idea for a zombie. The Screamer. When it sees you it lets a loud scream to attract zombies. And it'll keep screaming until you kill it.

• That's a really good idea, I'll add it to the list.

I have the oldest character here lol. Also, I got anew idea for a zombie. The Screamer. When it sees you it lets a loud scream to attract zombies. And it'll keep screaming until you kill it.

• I'm writing some character introdutions before I start the story. The first one is almost ready.

• Would you mind if I don't make this character a doctor? I mean he's 14 :p He can just hang around there and do some other jobs.

*Name: Wilson Smith *Age: 4 (when it started) 14 (now) *Appearance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , white skin , 1,78 cm tall

• Cool, can't wait!

I'm writing some character introdutions before I start the story. The first one is almost ready.

• edited January 2015

Lie , Zara is oldest :P

I have the oldest character here lol. Also, I got anew idea for a zombie. The Screamer. When it sees you it lets a loud scream to attract zombies. And it'll keep screaming until you kill it.

• Before she was added on the character list.

Lie , Zara is oldest :P

• *Name: Patrick Storm

*Appearance: bald head , blue eyes , white skin , 5,9 feet tall

*Personality: Compassive , Caring , Helpful , Funny , Talkative. He doesn´t let bad events change him

*Weapon(s): Rifle

*Skills: Cooking and calm down people

Occupation: Electronic shop owner (before) Farmer inside the community (now)

Backstory: He lost his parents and his sister and the start of the ZA. He is the adoptive father of Angelica. He cares about her so much. He has a boyfriend called Cole.

Other info: He has a long scar across his left arm

• *Name: Cole Willows

*Appearance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , african-american , 6,2 feet tall. Very athletic and have a lot of of hair acroos the body. Has a stubble

*Personality: Agressive , Overprotective , Caring , Distrustful , Jealous

*Weapon(s): AK-47

*Skills: Kill and Hide

Backstory: He was a son of a rich politic before the ZA , living in Los Angeles. His family died at the start and his personal guard went to a supply run and never came back. He has a boyfriend (Patrick) and a adoptive daughter (Angelica)

Other info: He loves poetry

• Zombie idea: Lurker
    From turning to 5 hours of that. They pretend to be dead but when someone gets close enough the lurker attack him. They have a lot of force but they are very slow. They are very lonely and doesn´t move in herds

• Name: Nick Donnel

Appearance: Nick is a tall and very muscular. He has brown eyes, short brown hair and tries to be clean shaven whenever it is possible. By most standards, he can be considered handsome. He has a small scar from his left temple down to his cheeck.

Personality: Nick appears to be a rude cynic at first. However, he merely covers up that he is a very moral man, who tries his best to keep his friends safe and is surprisingly helpful towards weaker people. He likes to see himself as a leader and tries to appear strong so that weaker people have someone to rely on. When he is alone with trusted friends, his behaviour changes: He gets deeply caring and compassionate. He would go to great length to keep his friends and loved ones safe, even if that means doing something ruthless. Whenever he is forced to do something bad to survive, he is deeply troubled by it, however. He can be nice if he wants to, but usually prefers to appear cold and aloof, since he has great fear of loosing those close to him.

Weapon: A Remington 870 shotgun

Skills: Nick is a survivalist with a great knowledge on how to stay alive. He can use a gun, has close combat training and leadership skills

Backstory: Nick was born into a poor family in a bad part of his hometown. When he was twelve years old, his father got shot by a robber. From this day, Nick vowed to protect those close to him. When he was 18 years old, he started to train as a police officer. When the apocalypse started, he tried to save his mother, but she died before he could ever make it to her. Since then, he became increasingly cold and cynic on the outside. He travelled with a group of people for several years, but eventually they all died, leaving him as the sole survivor of his old group.

Other info: He keeps a woodcarving knife with him that once belonged to his father. It is his most valuable possession. In his freetime, he often carves little figurines out of wood with this knife.

Name: Mary Mason

Appearance: Mary is a slim and very athletic young woman. She wears her long brown hair usually in a bun while travelling, but let's it down when she feels safe. She has deep blue eyes and a sweet smile. All in all, she isn't above using her pretty appearance to her advantage.

Personality: Mary is carefree, jovial and genuinely friendly. She is also very sarcastic and loves to tease other people. She abhors violence and prefers to talk her way out of problems. She is a compulsive liar, but never lies with bad intentions and never wants to harm anyone with it, though she sometimes swindles to get an advantage over others. She also uses her appearance to get protection. She is highly intelligent and witty, but a fan of needlessly complex plans. She often spends hours creating an elaborate strategy, ignoring far easier options. Despite the fact that she is a con artist, she is a very moral person and would never take stuff from people who need it to survive. Most of the times she tries to simply survive, but she has a very soft spot for children and weaker people, whom she would keep safe under every cost. She prefers to stay alone, since she hates it when people around her die, but if she gets to know someone better, she quickly tries to become friends with them. This usually involves her definition of having fun: She plays pranks on them and playfully mocks them. She has a problem showing sincerely deep emotions with other people, but if she does, she tends to get very emotional. She would never betray true friends and would do anything for them. When she does cause harm to others who don't deserve it, her conscience often forces her to make amends.

Weapon(s): A kukri knife and her wits

Skills: Mary is very charismatic and able to talk her way out of most problems. She is also a born liar and con artist. She is very athletic and a skilled parkour runner.

Occupation: Before the apocalypse started she was a normal child. Now she is a survivor.

Backstory: Mary was the youngest child in a very large family. At a very young age, she found out that she was able to manipulate people when using the right words. She always had a wild spirit, going on little adventures, causing slight trouble for others, but nothing that would be outright mean. The apocalypse hit her very hard and claimed her whole family, one by one, everyone dying to protect her. For a while she went into a deep depression because of this, but snapped out of it eventually. She had an adventurous life in the past ten years. Unfortunately, most of these adventures ended badly, albeit without her fault. People she cared for died or got lost. Since then, she has decided to travel on her own. If she meets other people, she usually tries to trade with them, or trick them into give her something for free.

Other info: She likes to tell greatly exaggerated tales of her past adventures. Usually, these stories are based on real events, usually events that ended very sad. In her tales, there is always a happy end, as unbelievable as it may be. Her exaggerated tales are sort of a coping mechnism to deal with loss and hardship.

• Wow, you guys have some great ideas! Thanks! :>

Zombie idea: Lurker From turning to 5 hours of that. They pretend to be dead but when someone gets close enough the lurker attack him. They have a lot of force but they are very slow. They are very lonely and doesn´t move in herds

Name: Nick Donnel Age: 35 Gender: Male Appearance: Nick is a tall and very muscular. He has brown eyes, short brown hair and tries

• Thank you! :}

*Name: Cole Willows *Age: 36 *Gender: Male *Appearance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , african-american , 6,2 feet tall. Ve

• Thanks! :]

*Name: Patrick Storm *Age: 43 *Gender: Male *Appearance: bald head , blue eyes , white skin , 5,9 feet tall *Personality: Compas

• Thanks!!!!

Another idea: Turned

They are more rarely type of zombies. They can say some wordd like "Me"or "Hi" but not much and pretend to be human. Their skin is black and not pale. They are like that since they turn to 5 hours later

Wow, you guys have some great ideas! Thanks! :>

Sign in to comment in this discussion.