Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• Here's the last part of the description for Ep.2 -

Meanwhile, an unexpected source of hope returns to the Forresters, but Ironrath is no place for the weak

Likely Rodrik

Maybe. In game of thrones could happen I guess. we will find out tomorrow - well at least the pc players will.

• seriously what is the point releasing a full trailer of an episode on the day of release. seem kind of pointless to me.

Green613 posted: »

Trailer tomorrow ayyy

• Mostly for hype and to remind the people that aren't like us and visit the forum/are always on top of this news that the episode is coming.

seriously what is the point releasing a full trailer of an episode on the day of release. seem kind of pointless to me.

• edited February 2015

For PS and Xbox players it was obvious from the start,before I even played the first episdoe I saw it was him in the back..the guy's barely in the shadows!

Here's the last part of the description for Ep.2 - Meanwhile, an unexpected source of hope returns to the Forresters, but Ironrath is no place for the weak Likely Rodrik

• No, like getting out there and having a life :P

dojo32161 posted: »

Like school, and watching people complain about the wait and the lack of news.

• edited February 2015

first review is out

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/game-of-thrones-episode-2-the-lost-lords-review

7/10

the review says that the episode is 90 minutes long ffs telltale going back to this shit :(

• I don't care about the length, I'm more concerned it only got a 7 out of 10.

Jewfreeus posted: »

first review is out http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/game-of-thrones-episode-2-the-lost-lords-review 7/10 the review says that the episode is 90 minutes long ffs telltale going back to this shit

• [removed]

• 90 Minutes? Aw well it was fun while it lasted. At least I'm prepared and won't be like "that's it?!"

first review is out http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/game-of-thrones-episode-2-the-lost-lords-review 7/10 the review says that the episode is 90 minutes long ffs telltale going back to this shit

• edited February 2015

From the IGN review

Meanwhile, a surprising new playable character arrives at Ironrath to pick up the story, and we get to see the Forrester family cope with their losses in some well-written scenes of grief and anger. There was some disappointment when I saw how little my choice of who to appoint as Ethan’s chief advisor actually mattered, though.

I wonder who this could be...

• edited February 2015

i'm still concerned about the length seems they still haven't learned i'll get concerned about the review scores once i see more from other sites

I don't care about the length, I'm more concerned it only got a 7 out of 10.

• hmm there was hope that they finally listened to us but nope i guess not :/

90 Minutes? Aw well it was fun while it lasted. At least I'm prepared and won't be like "that's it?!"

• PLS BE RODRIK PLS BE RODRIK PLS BE RODRIK PLS BE RODRIK

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

IGN have broken embargo by posting this early as the reviews are normally released on Tuesdays along with the episode, there is not much that can be done now but i have put a temporary block on the video review as i don't think Telltale would have any major plot footage to be released yet. If anyone does see any spoilers please try not to post any that could spoil the game for people.

• Of course it's Rodrik. :-P

I swear if it's Rodrik.....

• Has already a Telltale games episode got 7/10 on ign? Pretty disappointing no?

• edited February 2015

I really hope this episode is good but IGN's review of 7/10 is not very promising. Though I will wait to play the game before making any conclusions.

• edited February 2015

No, I don't understand. How could this episode only get a 7. I thought it would be much better than that!!! What is happening to you, Telltale? IGN better had poor judgement when they were crappily reviewing this episode :(

• seems they still haven't learned

Learn what? They already learned that people will buy the season pass for their half assed glitchy games no matter what as long as they make an ok first episode. Now it's going downhill from there.

Good thing I only bought episode 1 on xbox and not the entire season pass on steam, now I can use the extra money on Life is Strange.

i'm still concerned about the length seems they still haven't learned i'll get concerned about the review scores once i see more from other sites

• IGN is too big name to make these errors. I bet they're bashing TT for some underground negotiation:

they gave some of the lowest TTG score at IGN, they broken the embargo and they hasn't even retired the review.

Too many mistakes to really be an oversight.

OzzyUK posted: »

IGN have broken embargo by posting this early as the reviews are normally released on Tuesdays along with the episode, there is not much tha

• Full trailer in 5 hours @_@

ForgetHomeworkAndSleep

• Can IGN be suable by law doing this?
    I hope TTG sue them, they're not even removing it from the website.
    It's just disrespect and rule infractions.

They gave strangely some of the lowest TTG score at IGN, they broken the embargo and they hasn't even retired the review: too many bad things to really be an oversight.

• edited February 2015

Nevermind ... yeah... this needs to be sorted.

Can IGN be suable by law doing this? I hope TTG sue them, they're not even removing it from the website. It's just disrespect and rule inf

• I don't really care what other people say about length. Episode 1 can be completed in 90 miniutes, but I did it in 2 hours, Guy probably just rushed it.

• No, I'm suspicious that one of the worst IGN's TTG reviews is the one that was "casually" eluding the embargo.

stevean2 posted: »

Nevermind ... yeah... this needs to be sorted.

• edited February 2015

I was tempted to say that, as there is at least one scene that can be missed and hubs can be skipped in episode 1. But I imagine the reviewer would have done all/most of the content.

But this really doesn't matter in my view. People shouldn't be focusing on the length without playing the episode. Play it, then talk about the length. At the end of the day, the episode length should fit the episode's story and not the other way around. (I am suddenly feeling deja vu . . . ;) )

I don't really care what other people say about length. Episode 1 can be completed in 90 miniutes, but I did it in 2 hours, Guy probably just rushed it.

• edited February 2015

Do we actually know they broke the review embargo, though? I can understand suspecting it, because all other episodes (as far as I know) are reviewed the day of the release, likely at around 5pm in the UK. But could IGN have been given the go ahead this time to post an early review? Sometimes websites/magazines get exclusives, so . . .

I guess the score is a point of contention, but . . . well, nevermind.

No, I'm suspicious that one of the worst IGN's TTG reviews is the one that was "casually" eluding the embargo.

• i've been looking for other ign review on telltale games. TWD episode 4 season 1 and episode 4 season 2 got 7,5/10 and 6/10. I dont remember well but i'm sure i loved those 2 episodes as much as the others. So i'm not very concerned about the ign review

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's a possibility that Telltale gave them permission to publish the first review but i would have thought that it would be published after the release of the launch trailer as IGN's video review has new footage, either the reviewer posted it early by accident or got the embargo date wrong as IGN is one of the more well known reviewers so i didn't think they would break a embargo on purpose.

Rob_K posted: »

Do we actually know they broke the review embargo, though? I can understand suspecting it, because all other episodes (as far as I know) are

• Really, who gives a fuck about IGN's review? I certainly don't. I'm my own critic.

• I was going to say the same thing. Why are you guys concerned about IGNs ratings? I remember IGN gave a 7/10 on a Walking Dead episode an I loved it. Don't give up on one rating; it's just one rating.

Anyways, looking forward to playing it tonight.

Really, who gives a fuck about IGN's review? I certainly don't. I'm my own critic.

• Well the reviewer has already been largely unprofessional by breaking agreement and posting it a day early ,and not bothering to remove it.
    Ontop of that, it's just a review. I'm sure the episode will last me 2 hours...

Rob_K posted: »

I was tempted to say that, as there is at least one scene that can be missed and hubs can be skipped in episode 1. But I imagine the reviewe

• edited February 2015

Editing the post as it looks like you and others were right.

It sure took a while for the review to be taken down though.

Well the reviewer has already been largely unprofessional by breaking agreement and posting it a day early ,and not bothering to remove it. Ontop of that, it's just a review. I'm sure the episode will last me 2 hours...

• edited February 2015

Edited my original post because it looks like you were right. Seems the review has been taken down.

It sure took a while though.

OzzyUK posted: »

It's a possibility that Telltale gave them permission to publish the first review but i would have thought that it would be published after

• seems like too much work

No, like getting out there and having a life :P

• Yeah, best not to worry about it.

Everything, especially story-driven stuff, is subjective.

By the way, playing it tonight? ;)

Zombo_Man posted: »

I was going to say the same thing. Why are you guys concerned about IGNs ratings? I remember IGN gave a 7/10 on a Walking Dead episode an I

• IGN gives it 7/10?

It will either be a 3/10 or a 10/10

• IGN always has poor judgement, they gave 'Amid the Ruins' 6/10 and 'In Harm's Way' 9/10.

It should be the exact other way around.

seanstin posted: »

No, I don't understand. How could this episode only get a 7. I thought it would be much better than that!!! What is happening to you, Telltale? IGN better had poor judgement when they were crappily reviewing this episode

Sign in to comment in this discussion.