Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I always thought this was strange because Luke seems to be physically fit, for example when he runs while carrying Clementine but when he has to climb anything (climbing up from the bridge and climbing this hill) he always seems to be out of breath and bending down to his knees to catch it again.

fallandir posted: »

Time to get this thread back on track. In case you haven't noticed, back in S2E2, Clementine and Luke were walking as the last of the who

• I believe that Luke running while carrying Clem was nothing but adrenaline in that particular moment, and after it passed, he and Pete both stopped to rest.

Kateis posted: »

I always thought this was strange because Luke seems to be physically fit, for example when he runs while carrying Clementine but when he ha

• I never thought of that, it must have been adrenaline. I guess Luke isn't as fit as I thought he was XD

I believe that Luke running while carrying Clem was nothing but adrenaline in that particular moment, and after it passed, he and Pete both stopped to rest.

• ...[nudges table clock out the window.] >_> poor, very poor.

Time limits maybe. I agree, it sounds like an interesting plot, but maybe the writers, forced to write quicker episodes, couldn't find a way

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2015

More depressing cabin group stuff:

Every cabin survivor can end up becoming a zombie depending on your choices

• Pete gets killed by two walkers if you save Nick, meaning he'd reanimate later

• Nick will turn in either of his deaths

• Alvin will turn if he dies in episode 3, as he's not shot in the head

• Carlos, or whatever remains of him, will reanimate

• Sarah would be the same case as Carlos, in either of her deaths

• Rebecca dies and turns

• Luke will turn, since he drowns

One big happy zombie family

• Wonder how long it would take for Luke to turn since it's freezing under there.

Deltino posted: »

More depressing cabin group stuff: Every cabin survivor can end up becoming a zombie depending on your choices * Pete gets killed by

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2015

There's not enough depression in here yet

When you shoot Duck, it moves to that camera shot that obscures Duck. However, you can still see Duck's legs and arms. When you shoot him, you can just barely see his body jolt and go limp. As if that fucking scene isn't hard enough to watch on it's own, they actually animated Duck dying.

• Depressing, you can also just leave and let Duck turn.

There's not enough depression in here yet When you shoot Duck, it moves to that camera shot that obscures Duck. However, you can still se

• He was probably still tired from what happened on the bridge.

I always thought this was strange because Luke seems to be physically fit, for example when he runs while carrying Clementine but when he ha

• Luke is dead.

[Me in 25 years]

Alt text

He's with the merfolk you fool!

Luke is dead.

• edited February 2015

Wonder how long it would take for Luke to turn since it's freezing under there.

Zero seconds.

Alt text

I'M COMING MY LOVE! JUST HANG IN THERE BABY! LILAC'S ON THE WAY-bubble bubble

dojo32161 posted: »

Wonder how long it would take for Luke to turn since it's freezing under there.

• I'm ashamed that I get that reference.

Mich19 posted: »

Lilly was the reincarnation of hitler.. because i'm a goddamn Nazi!

• edited February 2015

I always thought this was strange because Luke seems to be physically fit, for example when he runs while carrying Clementine but when he has to climb anything (climbing up from the bridge and climbing this hill) he always seems to be out of breath and bending down to his knees to catch it again.

I think Luke's just covering the rear. It's easy for a group to run down a mountain to escape walkers but not climbing one [and as somebody's who has gone up mountains in the past, I can you that it's not an easy jog up a hill. Mountains will wear you out, and more so if you're not used to that kind of climb] also considering the group encountered walkers just in the scene before, it'd make more sense why Luke's following behind, maybe to make sure he's where he should to be if any walkers show up from below or the treeline and can give the group time to flee. Like you mentioned he seems physically fit so that would make sense, since he'd have an easier job at taking out some walkers and then running some up that mountain to catch up than the others would [Alvin, Rebecca, Nick XD]. But also maybe it was just to make sure nobody fell behind?

• Sarah would be the same case as Carlos, in either of her deaths

What about when she falls off the deck and then the rest of the deck falls on her? Doesn't the rubble crush her head? It's brutal but possible.

More depressing cabin group stuff: Every cabin survivor can end up becoming a zombie depending on your choices * Pete gets killed by

• Yea climbing up mountains isn't easy and the last time I climbed up one I had to keep stopping to lie on rocks. And what you suggested makes sense so now I understand. Or he could be one of those people who are healthy but aren't fit.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

• if the rest of the deck fall didn't crash her head she would reanimate and stay under the deck as a zombie forever :(

Crips posted: »

Sarah would be the same case as Carlos, in either of her deaths What about when she falls off the deck and then the rest of the deck falls on her? Doesn't the rubble crush her head? It's brutal but possible.

• Well, that was quick...

throws Lilac a life ring

Wonder how long it would take for Luke to turn since it's freezing under there. Zero seconds. I'M COMING MY LOVE! JUST HANG IN THERE BABY! LILAC'S ON THE WAY-bubble bubble

• edited February 2015

Or he could be one of those people who are healthy but aren't fit.

Luke: Dammit, should've, s-should've taken the ski lift-ack! [collapses over.]

Clem: Uh...guuuuys? I think Luke just had a heart attack.

Carlos: Ah who cares, just leave him for the lurkers.

Nick: I call dibs on being the leader!

Alvin: I call-JESUS!

And you stopped to lie on rocks? XD I've never done that, I just sit down. Then again I do remember that time when I was a little kid and my mom practically dragged me up Snowdon, I was on my hands and knees sometimes, I was so tiiiiired.

What mountain did you go up? o.o do you remember?

Yea climbing up mountains isn't easy and the last time I climbed up one I had to keep stopping to lie on rocks. And what you suggested makes sense so now I understand. Or he could be one of those people who are healthy but aren't fit.

• Lilac, please become a comedian!

And you stopped to lie on rocks?

Well more, lean on them. :P but it was only a couple of seconds.

practically dragged me up Snowdon

Unlucky!

What mountain did you go up?

I have no idea, I think it was Great Langdale Valley in the Lake District. It was a Geography school trip so we were in that area, I'm not sure if that was the part we climbed up. :P

Or he could be one of those people who are healthy but aren't fit. Luke: Dammit, should've, s-should've taken the ski lift-ack! [col

• The shoe shop wanted 'help' it's ironic because instead of asking to help, Mike and Kenny are forced into working in there. It's probably just me clutching at straws but still it's something you could interpret.

Alt text

It also had a sale, I mean it's 50% off. You better go buy some shoes from there now! It's only on sale for a limited time, it's already been on sale for 2 years! You better hurry!

Alt text

This isn't really a 'detail' but more of an idea of how everybody is infected with whatever you want to call it, (walkerism?). Anyway, I was playing Plague Inc the other day and I found out how to win, which was to infect the whole world and then develop symptoms. I know that's not really how diseases work but it could have been the way everyone became infected, then it developed symptoms. People started dying which made them turn and they bit other people meaning the 'virus' would spread faster. Just something I thought of, so not really a detail but I'll put it here anyway.

• That shoes are ugly, no wonder why no one wanted to buy them.

The shoe shop wanted 'help' it's ironic because instead of asking to help, Mike and Kenny are forced into working in there. It's probably ju

• CJ?

Alt text

Bokor posted: »

Scheming CJ (Carver Jr.) is best CJ.

• What?! It's hard to see, but when Clementine was leaving the Howe's shopping lot you can see a bunch of people walking to that store. They looked really hungry for a good shoe sale.

That shoes are ugly, no wonder why no one wanted to buy them.

• I bet desperation was eating them from the inside.

DoubleJump posted: »

What?! It's hard to see, but when Clementine was leaving the Howe's shopping lot you can see a bunch of people walking to that store. They looked really hungry for a good shoe sale.

• Since I interviewed Mike's VA I can confirm it was due to time limits and would take away the focus from other characters and the story plot.

Time limits maybe. I agree, it sounds like an interesting plot, but maybe the writers, forced to write quicker episodes, couldn't find a way

• During a podcast of The Playing Dead, the writers confirmed that Christa's fate will forever remain unknown. Christa will not be returning in Season 3.

I am really curious why they cut that subplot out from the game. It seems like a really serious attempt to remove any hints on the whereabou

• edited February 2015

During a podcast of The Playing Dead, the writers confirmed that Christa's fate will forever remain unknown. Christa will not be returning in Season 3.

And that's supposed to be great storytelling? Just bring up the question 'Hey where's Christa?' half a dozen times and just leave it unknown like that? I'm sorry that just makes me really mad and annoyed and I'm not even a huge Christa fan. This is why I don't like Season 2, and if realism is the excuse, that's a really poor one for a season that tossed that word around like a pickle soccerball. Sure have Kenny come back against all the odds, but Christa? Nope, nope, she's a total goner. Yes she is clearly a goner, because it is so apparent she didn't make it out those woods and had less of a chance escaping than an alley/building full of walkers like Kenny did.

Christa should come back, whether it be Season 3 or some other season later on or a DLC [or hell, she's only seen as a darn walker] she should come back. Leaving her fate hanging like that is straight out lazy writing, not realistic. It's more lazy than Maybelle the cow, vanishing without a trace.

Alt text

So if they think Maybelling Christa and making her as important as a cow is telling a decent story, that's bad and I've lost even more hope for Season 3 and any future seasons at this point. If the TV show can do a 'surprise bitches, bet you thought you'd seen the last of me' with Morgan Jones after his vanishing acts, then there's no excuses here, none.

Now, excuse me ;_;

Alt text

During a podcast of The Playing Dead, the writers confirmed that Christa's fate will forever remain unknown. Christa will not be returning in Season 3.

• edited February 2015

Alt text

You see Telltale, this is what happens when you decide to cut an entire hour from your episode lengths.

Since I interviewed Mike's VA I can confirm it was due to time limits and would take away the focus from other characters and the story plot.

• edited February 2015

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm disappointed that Christa is doomed to never return when she has no reason not to, especially when compared to Kenny's one-in-a-million chance of surviving his predicament, while Christa's run-in with the bandits is much less perilous in comparison.

If this isn't Telltale's blatant favouritism with Kenny, I don't know what is.

During a podcast of The Playing Dead, the writers confirmed that Christa's fate will forever remain unknown. Christa will not be returning i

• edited February 2015

Since I interviewed Mike's VA I can confirm it was due to time limits and would take away the focus from other characters and the story plot.

[Is heard crying all the way from England, something along the lines of:]

Alt text

I'm just waiting for it now, for somebody to say 'well if they didn't take on so many projects at once, they wouldn't have this problem' actually you know what? I'm going to say it.

See, I did >.> just now.

Seriously, suddenly agreeing with people that have said it in the past, or is it rewrites crammed in there that had them caught for time? Often I've found that games I've played that have been rushed to meet a release date, they'll cut corners and the quality drops in areas. It's never nice. I'm not even joking here, that is bad. I don't care if there are deadlines, if they're rushing so much that they've got to do things like this, then it'll end up being quantity over quality with the amount of titles they're popping out and still have yet to announce ;_; and what about the ones that already are out like Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, are they going to suffer too if there's any hiccups? Didn't A Wolf Among Us already suffer a bit from that?

It just makes me sad, you get a ZA game with a young female protagonist in it who's the main playable character throughout and this has to happen where things get rushed :( I'd of gladly waited two, three years for Clem's story if it meant stuff like this didn't happen.

• Yeah, i bet they were dying to get their hands on one of them.

I bet desperation was eating them from the inside.

• Is heard crying all the way from England

I can confirm that Lilac's crying was heard in England, because I heard it. :P

Often I've found that games I've played that have been rushed to meet a release date, they'll cut corners

I have played so many games like that, game developers just need to take there time. If someone is going to make a game they shouldn't have a deadline they should just complete it and release it when it's actually ready. You play The Sims 4 right? That was rushed and they had so many free updates to get the content that should have been in the base game to us.

Since I interviewed Mike's VA I can confirm it was due to time limits and would take away the focus from other characters and the story plot

• I can confirm that Lilac's crying was heard in England, because I heard it. :P

Weep with meeeee.

I have played so many games like that, game developers just need to take there time. If someone is going to make a game they shouldn't have a deadline they should just complete it and release it when it's actually ready. You play The Sims 4 right? That was rushed and they had so many free updates to get the content that should have been in the base game to us.

No, I haven't played it since Sims 2. FFXIII-2 did it a lot though, they cut out on some DLC stuff that would've explained one character's reasons for turning on the leads and why they suddenly vanished out of the game, and this section of the game got cut and reduced to a fetch quest on previous levels you'd been to instead. It was really clunky for that.

Is heard crying all the way from England I can confirm that Lilac's crying was heard in England, because I heard it. :P Often

• Weep with meeeee.

I shall weep with you until we have no tear ducts left. :)

No, I haven't played it since Sims 2

Ah, I just see you talk a lot about The Sims so I assumed that you might of play TS4, plus I saw something about it on your tumblr but it was a while ago so I couldn't remember if it was a post by you or not. :P

this section of the game got cut and reduced to a fetch quest on previous levels you'd been to instead

Well that sounds like it would have sucked. -.- What is wrong with game developers why do things need to be cut out? Why are things changed in such a way that the story ends up going down the wrong road?

I can confirm that Lilac's crying was heard in England, because I heard it. :P Weep with meeeee. I have played so many games l

• edited February 2015

No, I haven't. Not in a long time. After my old laptop [that was new at the time] wouldn't work the title, i sold the game and just haven't picked it up since. x_x plus they all look the same now.

And that part of FFXIII-2 did suck. Even at the time before I knew about the cuts to the game, I remember thinking how boring that part of the game was because of how vague they were in finding these crystals that were needed to power this giant ark. Even the cutscenes at that point got animated very basic instead of the usual mo-cap they'd often have for the main missions. Now considering they like to reuse some of those locations for side quests in time, that's an extra thing dumped and gods know what else.

The game's no story masterpiece and I can't stand the other FFXIII titles but, well I enjoyed that one v.v I kinda have a thing for buddy adventures. Although seriously when things like that happens, kinda ruins the quality. I remember a Spyro the Dragon game did that yeaaaaaaaars ago. They rushed it out and it was the worse.

Hey, suddenly my dislike of the stuff in the later Season 2 episodes suddenly makes sense. Is that why Nick and Sarah's second deaths were so cheap? ;_;

Weep with meeeee. I shall weep with you until we have no tear ducts left. No, I haven't played it since Sims 2 Ah, I

• plus they all look the same now.

Spits out lemonade WHAT! They, they don't look all the same D: each one is different with different content and different gameplay plus TS4 is the best one yet (even though I hate the loading screens) because of Create a Sim I managed to make a lot of TWDG characters on it.

Is that why Nick and Sarah's second deaths were so cheap?

Must be. I'm just glad I got Sarah's first death (in my defence I didn't see the slap her option) because I was none the wiser when I finished the episode. Episode 4 wasn't really rushed though but episode 5 was, even though I like episode 5 it's the episode that feels the most rushed and incomplete as if they missed a huge story line.

No, I haven't. Not in a long time. After my old laptop [that was new at the time] wouldn't work the title, i sold the game and just haven't

• And A.J. technically also had 5 episodes...

quinnics posted: »

* Bonnie never went to college, although she would have liked to. * The only non-canon deaths for Luke that result in a game-over appear

• Why was that part of the audition? If they were using Ralph, they already had his voice actor.

quinnics posted: »

Dan White, Mike's VA, confirmed in an interview that Mike was originally supposed to be apart of the bandit group that attacked Christa. Dur

• I hope he'll say hello to Anemone down there.

Luke is dead. [Me in 25 years] He's with the merfolk you fool!

• It's the new "if you don't break the ice, Bonnie dies" detail.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.