Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• [Give sniper support.] Jerry would have shot Dean, though it would have been unknown if it was by mistake of on purpose. With Dean dead, the children would have been left in the horde, unable to leave the car.

God damnit. I would have chosen this.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

It's time to go over the alternate choices of chapter one! [Abandon the house.] Anthony would abandon the house and his parents' corpses.

• Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 2: A Peaceful House - Part 1.

The metal gate offering protection against the harsh death awaiting behind it. It was covered with metal sheets and reinforced with wooden beams pushing against the gate for the inside. The sheets of metal looked like they were quickly and uncarefully welded into place. The walkers on the outside of the gate slowly banged, moaned and pushed at the gate, but with the reinforcements, the gate stood strong. On the other side of the gate, the city, walkers, survivors. Smoke rises from parts of San Antonio, but the gunshots had been less frequent.

On the inside, the residents of Harvest Hills and My Anns Hill have been at work, patrolling, searching the homes within the community. Finding those who remained and those who had been killed, either by themselves, or by walkers within the houses. Since the first day, it had been peaceful. Everything was about to go down the shiter, they knew it.

Jerry Stewart, Harvest Hills.

“I’m not broken!” Those were the words that filled Jerry’s mind, how could he prove he wasn’t broken, he was a prime example of someone losing it. He sat in his chair, in his house, within the community, in San Antonio. He refused to break down now, he couldn’t go insane, how could he? Maybe in a month, but in the first few days? No… He wouldn’t let himself go. He couldn’t. He was clearly in the wrong when he slapped Josephine, he realized that now, but he had payed the price, his nose was now broken, but healing. The man, Anthony, had fixed it the best he could, but it was hard to breath.

A knock on the door broke his train of thought. He rose from the chair and approached the door. How many days did he have left, not ‘til death, but the loss of sanity. He was clearly a crazy, violent man in the eyes of many, but that’s what he was now. Why fight it when you can relax and accept it. Yet, he continued to fight it.

Jerry opened the front door and faced the short, black haired, boy called nicknamed Stan. “What do you want?” Jerry asked, a cold disinterest in his voice.

“Um, Jerry, I know the others probably won’t want me to talk with you-- I want to learn to shoot a gun.” Stan asked, trying his best to retain a cheerful smile in the presence of Jerry.

“What are others telling you about me? Do they want even want you near me?” Jerry sighed. “But in any case, I’m not gonna teach you to shoot, I’ve got everyone breathing down my neck, as is. Besides, the horde outside is just gonna get bigger if we fire more shots.” Jerry began closing the door, but Stan stuck his foot in the doorway to keep it open.

“C’mon! I need to learn.” Stan pressured.

“I’d love to know why you're here, I would have thought you wouldn’t want much to do with me… After I…” Jerry began to train off.

“Trust me, you're far from the worst out there…” Stan muttered. “But I don’t care if you were… Too scared to run into a group of walkers to save me… Me and my brother are fine, it’s okay then… I’m not holding grudges.” Stan finished, he waited for an answer.

Jerry didn’t have many options here, he could teach the kid to properly fire, load, clean, etc. Doing this could either make his fellow survivors more comfortable with him around, or it could make them distrust him even more. When it came to it… The walkers weren’t getting in anytime soon, firing a few shots would bring more towards them and could even risk them getting in.

On the other hand, he could refuse, everything would continue about the same as it has been. He wouldn’t be taking any risks, but there would be no rewards. But he might have to deal with the kid trying to pressure him over and over again. He could do without a annoying little shi-- Kid, bother him.

[Teach Stan to properly shoot a rifle.]

[Refuse to teach him.]

Atlanta Roberts, Harvest Hills.

Atlanta had been moving supplies to the newly chosen house for storage. Just next door to her own house. Dean was helping her and Lindsay, a 16-year-old girl found in the neighborhood when they were searching the houses, her father was somewhere in the city. “How many more boxes are there? This isn’t fun...” Lindsay asked, her voice sounding very reluctant to move boxes of supplies.

“Just a few more boxes left in this car.” Atlanta muttered, she had grown annoyed with Lindsay’s constant complaining over the work.

“You go on, I’ll get the rest.” Dean smiled, Lindsay replied with a smile as she ran off.

“You shouldn’t encourage her behavior.” Atlanta sighed. “We need to get this done--” Dean spoke up again with a sarcastic tone. “I get it, but let’s not be a dictatorship.” Dean laughed.

“I’m serious. We need to be… In order, everyone needs to be pulling their own weight.” Atlanta stated.

“Well, she’s been moving boxes from the car to the house all morning. I’d say she’s done we part.” Dean defended, his smile never wavering.

Atlanta sighed. “Fine, fine, just-- Let’s just finish.” And so they did, they moved the remaining boxes from Dean’s delivery truck into the house. Atlanta closed the door behind them and locked it with a key.

Atlanta opened the door to her house, stepping inside she her keychain on a little peg on the wall and walked further inside the house. She turned to the stairs and looked up, Ashley hadn’t left the house since the first day, and that was only 2 days ago. She came down to eat, but she remained silent, she wouldn’t want to talk. Atlanta began walking up the stairs to check up on her. Opening the door, she found Ashley sitting on her side of the bed, looking up the ceiling blankly.

“Ashley… We need to talk.” Atlanta called into the dimly lit room.

“I’m fine, don’t worry yourself.” Ashley replied, her voice sounding halfhearted. Atlanta approached the foot on the bed and sat by her feet. “Ashley, do you want to talk to me, please, just tell me what’s the matter.” Atlanta furthered questioned.

“What’s the matter?” Ashley repeated, angrily. “What’s the matter is the dead are walking. “What’s the matter is that nobody’s going to save us… What’s the matter is we’re just waiting…” She trailed off and fell silent.

“What do you mean?” Atlanta asked.

“I mean what are we doing… Tell me, how many people are here? How much food do we have, now that we’ve started rationing. How long is gonna last?” Ashley replied.

“Ashley.” Atlanta sighed. “We’ve got 9 people, supplies to last a few weeks.”

“Now tell me, what’s outside the gate… How many of them would you saw they are? How long do you think it’ll be before they did in.” Ashley continued.

“I don’t know!” Atlanta shouted, but she calmed her voice, but looking down at her hands in her lap. “Their spreading… Their spreading around the wall, so far they haven’t gotta as far as the north side.” She looked up at Ashley. “We won’t have much of a way out soon. But… It’s not like we could get far without a car, with the gate plugged up like it is, we won’t be able to leave in a car… That’s why we can’t let them in, we aren’t gonna have to leave for some time.” Atlanta said, trying her best comfort Ashley.

“What I’m saying is… We just delaying what awaits!” Ashley exclaimed angrily.

“Ashley! We aren’t delaying our deaths! We’re surviving this shitshow!” Atlanta yelled back, defensively.

Ashley fell quiet and so did Atlanta. Ashley quietly spoke up. “It’s not worth it…” She finished before falling silent once again.

[Comfort Ashley.]

[Leave Ashley alone.]

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

[Refuse to teach him.]

Lol no.

[Leave Ashley alone.]

No comfort.

Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 2: A Peaceful House - Part 1. The metal gate offering protection against the harsh death awaiting behind i

• [Teach Stan to shoot]

[Comfort Ashley]

Great chapter!!

Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 2: A Peaceful House - Part 1. The metal gate offering protection against the harsh death awaiting behind i

• Thank you! :D

mr.quality posted: »

[Teach Stan to shoot] [Comfort Ashley] Great chapter!!

• That's cold... I like it. >:3

[Refuse to teach him.] Lol no. [Leave Ashley alone.] No comfort.

• [Teach Stan to properly shoot a rifle.]

At least not right now, not with Jerry.

[Comfort Ashley.]

She deserves some comfort.

• edited March 2015

[Refuse to teach him]

[Leave Ashley alone]

Great part! :D

• [Refuse to teach him]

[Comfort Ashley]

• [Refuse to teach him.]

Jerry teaching Stan? Hell no, poor kid, who knows what he would do to him. It's also far too dangerous, considering the walkers. Though it is interesting to see that Jerry is indeed considering that what he did was wrong.

[Comfort Ashley.]

• [Refuse to teach him.]

Jerry stahp it

[Comfort Ashley.]

• [Teach Stan to properly shoot a rifle.] lol yes

[Leave Ashley alone.] fuck ashley

Awesome Chapter!!!

• Why the sudden hate for Ashley? XD

supersagig posted: »

[Teach Stan to properly shoot a rifle.] lol yes [Leave Ashley alone.] fuck ashley Awesome Chapter!!!

• Cause why not. And she is acting like a little bitch :P

Why the sudden hate for Ashley? XD

• PLEASE TEACH STAN HOW TO SHOT A RIFLE

• I mean... The dead are walking the earth, to say it's a little stressful is a understatement. XD

Cause why not. And she is acting like a little bitch :P

• no

PLEASE TEACH STAN HOW TO SHOT A RIFLE

• Voting closed!

(!) Jerry will refuse to teach Stan to shoot a rifle. - Let me first say.. You've made a mistake choosing this... Hehehehe.

Evil laughing in the distance

(!) Atlanta will comfort Ashley.

• As long as Jerry is safe I am happy.

Cause he's not very good is he?

By the way, love Billy Joel.

Voting closed! (!) Jerry will refuse to teach Stan to shoot a rifle. - Let me first say.. You've made a mistake choosing this... Hehehehe. Evil laughing in the distance (!) Atlanta will comfort Ashley.

• So does Jerry.

:3

As long as Jerry is safe I am happy. Cause he's not very good is he? By the way, love Billy Joel.

• BTW , i hope that doesn´t kill Stan or Dan u.u.

I TOLD YA

Voting closed! (!) Jerry will refuse to teach Stan to shoot a rifle. - Let me first say.. You've made a mistake choosing this... Hehehehe. Evil laughing in the distance (!) Atlanta will comfort Ashley.

• I doubt you could guess what this will lead to... But to give you a hint; it's been foreshadowed in a earlier part.

BTW , i hope that doesn´t kill Stan or Dan u.u. I TOLD YA

• I knew. Not teaching him to shot will lead to someone dying. Like what will happen in the game if Lee refused to teach Clem to shoot somehow

I doubt you could guess what this will lead to... But to give you a hint; it's been foreshadowed in a earlier part.

• Not that... >:3

I knew. Not teaching him to shot will lead to someone dying. Like what will happen in the game if Lee refused to teach Clem to shoot somehow

• Morbid much? lol

• Welp , but no teaching someone to shoot will always end up bad. Always

Not that... >:3

• You have no idea... >:3

Upshaw posted: »

Morbid much? lol

• You've made a mistake choosing this

Alt text

But to give you a hint; it's been foreshadowed in a earlier part.

After rereading the first chapter, I have found out that I have no idea what you mean with this... But I think I might be correct when I say it could probably be something some people, me included, could see as bad.

• It a small detail, something that could not be seen as a problem... But it'll be become a problem in the coming parts. >:3

You've made a mistake choosing this But to give you a hint; it's been foreshadowed in a earlier part. After rereading

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

“I don’t know, you’ve seen him? The last two hours, all he’s done is sit on the roof by the gate, looking down at the damn horde.” Anthony exclaimed with an annoyed tone, but he soon changed his tone and continued. “Nobody… Died, if something like that happened your opinion on him would be hella different. But nobody died, yet, someone should talk with him, let him know not to pull something like that again… I’ll go do that now--” Josie spoke up. “I’ll talk to him.”

Ashley landed hard and hit her head onto the asphalt. But Ms. Harper continued, now almost in arms reach of the disoriented Ashley. Dean seemed to shaped out of it and ran forward. Pulling the elderly woman away from Ashley, he shouted. “Get away from her!” And then pushed it towards the ground, trying to be gentle to the old woman. But she didn’t fall as easily as Dean would’ve expected, she latched onto his arms and grabbed him, he struggled to free himself from it’s grasp. The elderly woman bit at him as he held her back.

There was a loud gunshot and a sudden splash of blood. Dean backed up quickly as the elderly woman fell to the ground. Surely dead. Everyone remained where they stood as they looked at the next door neighbor who held a rifle steady, with a small amount of smoke rising from the barrel.

“You see, there shouldn’t be much danger in doing this, stabbing through the gate and the head with the rebar. The gloves… Well, I gotta get somewhat close. They reach through the gate after all.” He point towards the group of 15 as they all struggled to reach for the two within the safety of the gate. The smile disappeared as quickly as it came. “Time for the ‘fun’ part.” Jerry muttered, shoving the rebar into one of the walker’s faces, piercing it’s skull with a splatter of blood. It started falling to the ground, taking the rebar with it. But Jerry quickly gave a good pull and the rebar escaped the walker’s head.

Jerry stabbed another one through the gate, and it too fell to the ground. “Yeah… Sure, you want to go out there… I won’t stop you once we get these ones taken care of. Until then, go into the shed and grab some rebar, and check under the counter, there’s another pair of gloves.” Jerry said as he dealt with another walker. It’s body falling to the ground in a heap. But more of them would pile against the gate and just stand on top of the dead ones. But lucky there weren’t anymore in sight. Once Dean returned, the two of them began mowing down the group of walkers from inside the gate.

Jerry sigh, sitting the piece of rebar on the ground. “It could be worse… These things, they eat people, imagine, a large group them could tear someone apart like a pack of goddamn hyenas. Fuck… that’s a fate worse than… Anything I could think of. And fuckin’ believe me, I could dream up some fucked up shit, but this, this is the devil’s nightmare.” Jerry stopped talking, leaving a moment of silent staring between the two until Jerry continued. “This is going to suck, y’know. I’ve got damn bee hive under my house and I was waiting for the guy to come to take care of it. Now we’re fucked, we got what we have, it’s not like we could just go to the store and buy food. The powers out, I’m pretty sure the waters out too. What’s next? Maybe the motherfucking sun!” Jerry laughed out loud, a crooked grin on his face. He sighed. “Right now, it’s either gonna clear up, or stay like this for the rest of our lives. I quite frankly don’t see any silver lining.” Jerry finished, his voice seemed cold and serious.

Anthony held Jerry against the road while Jerry struggled to free himself. Reaching for Anthony’s revolver, he almost had it, but Anthony quickly grabbed the revolver himself and tossed it away, out of Jerry’s reach.

Atlanta stood about 10 feet away with the revolver in hand, pointed into the air, smoke slowly rising from the barrel. The walkers at the wall became more active after that shot ringed through the air. She lowered the revolver until it was pointed at both Anthony and Jerry. Atlanta effectively breaking up the fight.

You've made a mistake choosing this But to give you a hint; it's been foreshadowed in a earlier part. After rereading

• Well... Though you haven't highlighted the thing I was talking about... It's mentioned in one of the paragraphs.

“I don’t know, you’ve seen him? The last two hours, all he’s done is sit on the roof by the gate, looking down at the damn horde.” Anthony e

• So it wasn't the walkers like hyneas? Okay.

Well... Though you haven't highlighted the thing I was talking about... It's mentioned in one of the paragraphs.

• The horde of walkers in the gate? And them having to go out to find suplies?

Well... Though you haven't highlighted the thing I was talking about... It's mentioned in one of the paragraphs.

• oh no I firmly believe I've done goofed.

• edited March 2015

[Refuse to teach him.]

[Leave Ashley alone.]

Edit: I just realized I was late. Again.

• Timezone, eh? :P

finlander posted: »

[Refuse to teach him.] [Leave Ashley alone.] Edit: I just realized I was late. Again.

• Yeah :D

Timezone, eh? :P

• Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 2: A Peaceful House - Part 2.

Jerry Stewart - Harvest Hills, San Antonio.

Jerry didn’t need to think long about it. “No, I’ve got enough problems as is. I don’t need another reason for them to hate me. Will you scam now?” Jerry answered, a cold and somewhat sarcastic tone carried in his voice. Stan frowned and gave a cold look. “Please--” Stan asked finally asked. “No. Now scam, kid.” Jerry gave a cold look while forcing Stan’s foot out of the door then closing it.

Inside his home he let out a sigh and walked into his living room, he looked out the sliding glass doors and at his swimming pool. He wanted a drink. Jerry walked into the kitchen and pulled out a shot glass, sitting on the counter, soon pulling out a bottle of whiskey and pouring it into the glass. Before he could do more someone started knocking on the door again.

Jerry left the bottle of whiskey and glass at the counter as he approached the door. He opened it and was met by Anthony. “Need something?” Jerry asked with a cold tone.

“I need to talk with you, Jerry. So…” Anthony trained off as Jerry stepped aside and opened the door widely. “Welcome to my humble abode.” Jerry replied sarcastically while leaning forward, pretending to bow. “Thanks.” Anthony muttered, putting up with Jerry’s sarcasm.

He followed Jerry into the kitchen and waited by the bottle of whiskey as Anthony approached him. “So… What is it you need talk about?” Jerry questioned, not taking his eyes off the bottle.

“We have a problem.” Anthony paused looking down at the bottle Jerry’s vision as fixed on. “We have a soon-to-be problem.” Anthony finished, wrinkling his eyebrow as he grabbed the bottle of whiskey. Jerry grabbed at the bottle with an angry expression as Anthony held it away from him. “I’m sure you don’t mind if we discuss this over a drink.” Anthony said while Jerry calmed his expression and sighed. “What do you need to discuss?” Jerry asked once again, his tone hinting at him being annoyed.

“You.” Anthony answered, turning his attention to the opened carbent, he reached in and pulled out another shot glass and set it next to the one on the counter.

“So you didn’t just come into my home to drink my whiskey. Fine, I get it, but can we get on with it?” Jerry’s expression grew with annoyance as the seconds passed. “What else have I done since the first day? Nothing, that’s what.”

“That’s it, you haven’t done anything, anything but stay in your house and boil. I’m - As you already know - Am a doctor, but I’ve studied two subjects, not only have I studied surgery, but I’ve also know a great deal of psychology--” Anthony was cut off by the cold laugh of Jerry. “You want to fucking evaluate me?” His laugh subsided and he took on a serious expression. “Fuck you sideways, I’m not broken.”

“I’m not saying your broken, but honestly, I wouldn’t blame you if you were broken, stuff like this traumatizes people. Even grown men.” Anthony replied seriously. “I’m sure you're at least questioning yourself, with what’s been going on both in here and outside… Who wouldn’t.” Anthony let out a sigh. “I’m not gonna force you to let be your own personal think. But I’m not gonna sit back and watch as someone drives themselves insane.”

“I’ll keep that mind.” Jerry muttered, picking up the shot glass, Anthony did the same.

“A toast to sanity.” Anthony raised his glass, Jerry did the same and raised his glass. “A toast to the ever withdrawing sanity.” Jerry replied with his own twist. Both drunk the whiskey and set the glasses on the counter. “Now get out of my house.” Jerry finished.

Atlanta Roberts - Harvest Hills, San Antonio.

Atlanta sighed as she stood up and set behind Ashley. She leaned her head on Ashley’s shoulder and whispered. “Don’t give up, don’t stop fighting, don’t look back at the world that used to be until we get there again. This isn’t going to last forever, I don’t want to lose you too… Ashley, if you can’t find a reason to keep yourself going… Then keep going for me, please.” Atlanta finished, giving Ashley a light kiss on the back of her head, she stood up and began walking to the door, out of the corner of her eye she could she Ashley tearing up. “I’ll be around, get me if you need me, maybe come down soon.” Atlanta gave the best smile she could muster up and walked out the door.

Upon walking downstairs and reaching the living room she found Daniel sitting on the sofa. Atlanta gave him smile and approached him. “Hey, you don’t talk much do you?”

“He’s 7, I mean, most seven year-olds talk, but Dan doesn’t like to talk after this has started…” Atlanta quickly turned to see the kid nicknamed Stan, he was standing in the doorway.

“You don’t say… How’ve you been?” Atlanta asked.

“Okay… I guess, why? Do you know when we’ll be leaving the gated community?” Stan questioned. “I mean… I know stuff, even if I’m young… I know the food we have won’t last forever, I know the walkers at the gate aren’t leaving--” Atlanta spoke up.

“Hey, it’s going to be okay. We have food to last us awhile, the gate’s not going anywhere. We’re safe. Look, I know the food won’t last us forever, which is why we won’t be able to stay forever, but I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that… We’ll be saved before then.” Atlanta finished, trying to give the kid some hope, she knew of all people this kid could use some, Dean had told her about what happened to him, it was awful that some people would do something like that and she could even imagine the trauma it may have caused for Stan and Dan.

“If you say so…” Stan replied, soon training off and sitting by Dan.

“I’m going out, get me, Dean, Anthony or Josie if you need anything.” Atlanta began walking out the door when Stan spoke up. “What about Jerry?” He asked.

“No… Come to one of us, not Jerry…” She sighed. “But if it’s an extreme emergency you can also get Jerry.” She said reluctantly, after what he did two days ago she didn’t want the children going near him, but she had to face it, if there was an emergency he had to go to whoever he needed to for help, even Jerry. She continued out the door, leaving Ashley upstairs, Stan and Dan in the living room.

Upon Atlanta leaving, Stan began talking with Daniel. “He said no… But I’m gonna try to convince him to teach me.” Stan laughed a little. “I might just have to steal one of his guns and teach myself, it can’t be too hard. But I’ll try a little harder to convince him to teach me, before I try to steal his gun.” Stan looked at Daniel. “Why won’t you fucking talk?” Stan asked with an anger and annoyed tone. Stan looked at his hands and began making an anger expression. “Whatever…” Stan mumbled as he stood up and walked out of the house, leaving Dan alone.

Josephine Harper - Harvest Hills, San Antonio.

Josie stood outside her parent’s house and waited on the porch, reamisesing of the past. She remembered the times she spent here, she grew up here, she watched her parents grow older here. Next door was Jerry, he had moved in about 5 years ago, he was handsome, but asshole. She walked into the center of the road running up the hill, the road was called Harvest Hills, it connected to My Anns Hill, the only way out was through the front gate, either that or jumping the walls. She hated seeing her neighborhood in this state, her childhood was here, despite it being a unloving one, she missed the times she would play in the back yard that was now homed to parent’s corpuses. She didn’t want to go back there anymore, she didn’t to reflect on the past, but she couldn’t help it.

Walking down the road to the gate she pondered what would happen, they would just stay held up in the community until the end? No, they wouldn’t have enough supplies to last to the end, but if they walkers breached the gate they would die, surely.

She walked to the gate an looked at the ladder that lead to the roof of one of the houses, the same house she and Jerry were one when he slapped her, he was still unforgiven in books. She climbed up the ladder once more and stood on the roof, looking down at the horde. There were more then there were yesterday, they knew they were in here, maybe they were waiting, but there had to be at least 200 of the fuckers. She looked around the east part of the wall and then the west, they were steadily surround them. All but they north end was surrounded. Josie turned her attention to the wall in front of her, they were gathering at one part of the wall, it looked like the wall was cracked in several places. Shit! Josie thought. But then she wasn’t so sure, it could have been like that for years for she knew.

She climbed down the ladder and began looking around her, she spotted Dean in his truck, but she didn’t know where Anthony was at the time.

[Go to Dean for help.]

[Try to fix it herself.]

[Get everyone she can.]

[Don’t do anything.]

• [Go to Dean for help.]

Great part! Poor Jerry. Hope he can overcome this bout of sanity.

Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 2: A Peaceful House - Part 2. Jerry Stewart - Harvest Hills, San Antonio. Jerry didn’t need to think lo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.