Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Listen to Jamie's advice and keep Samantha with you]

John He didn't look at Janae. In this moment, he couldn't look at her. He only looked at Cass, saw the tears flowing down her face, the p

• Easier for Leonard = Samantha goes Lucas

Harder for Leonard = Samantha tries to kill him/come onto him. He won't be fond of either

Easier for Lucas = No clue.

Harder for Lucas = Sam tries to kill him.

I'm very excited to who is saved and who is doomed. The story's been great so far!

Another interesting theory and you give a good reason. And I would love to say more about this theory, but I will wait until the saving and

• I'll say the same I said last time she asked... [Respect Samantha's wish and send her to Oldtown]

Good chapter, I guess they'll soon make their way to Raylansfair (except Sammy if she goes to Oldtown)? Because I can't wait for Gutten to enter that storyline :D

John He didn't look at Janae. In this moment, he couldn't look at her. He only looked at Cass, saw the tears flowing down her face, the p

• The Voting is closed!

John will respect Samantha's wish and will allow her to travel to Oldtown

Yes, I know, I'm closing the voting very early again and many readers had no time to vote yet. For that, I am sorry. It's also quite possible that the outcome of this vote would be different if I would wait longer. For that, I am also sorry.

However, me closing the voting now has two reasons:

The first reason is, that the new part, the last part of Chapter 3, is almost written. I will finish it somewhere in the next 2-4 hours and I don't want to keep you waiting longer than needed. Tomorrow I will write a short part about the alternative choices, considering that some of them made quite the difference so far. Originally, I had planned to write an incredibly silly and deliberately goofy non-canonical part as some sort of April Fool's joke, but I am afraid that I am simply unable to write humorously. Sorry for my lacking sense of humour!

However, the second reason is, that this will be the last part for a few days, since I'll go on a short vacation over the weekend, starting on Friday and won't be back until late Monday. I'll be visiting my grandparents, who live in a place that I like to call the german equivalent of the Australian Outback. Meaning, less deadly animals and plants, far colder, more autobahns, the beer tastes better, the landscape is not actively trying to gruesomly murder everything and everyone and the people speak a weird language that can be best described as a mixture between German, Klingon and the Black Speech of Mordor, only that it sounds a bit more aggressive than these three combined.

While I will take my laptop with me and hopefully find the time to write the first part of Act 2, I won't have an internet connection with my laptop, so I won't be able to put that part online. I will try my best to get an internet connection for my phone at least, so that I'll be able to read the other wonderful stories here, but if I miss a few parts in my favourite stories, I'm very sorry for that. I just don't know if my mobile internet connection works in the German Outback.

Anyways, prepare for the chapter finale very soon!

• edited May 2017

Lucas

No, he was done waiting. The Citadel mocked him and Leonard and they would keep them waiting for a long while, time they could use otherwise. He was done waiting, he wouldn't take any chances, not when Dairon was so close.

“Go ahead, Leonard. I'll follow”, he said and the other knight looked quite pleased. “Good decision, Flowers. Let's see if we can get some answers”, he answered. The old manjumped up, glaring at them furiously. “You can't do that!”, he shouted and took a step towards Leonard, now standing between the knight and the door that lead to Quent's chambers. “You can't do that! The Archmaester does not want to meet you!”

Leonard let out a sigh and lay a hand on the hilt of his sword. “Trust me, I can. And trust me, I am not in the mood to wait for your amusement. We're going to let the Historian decide if he wants to meet us” Looking at the knight's weapon, the old man's facial expression changed. “You wouldn't dare...”, he answered, but the look Leonard gave him silenced him immediately. “Want to find it out? No? Then step out of the way. We don't want to hurt your precious Historian, we only want to talk. And trust me, we will talk”

With these words, Leonard gave Lucas a nod and the old man stepped aside, pointing at the door. “Then enter. But the Historian won't tell you anything, not after disrespecting him like that!”, he growled. Leonard simply shrugged and walked towards the door, not even bothering to answer. Lucas followed and felt a very uneasy feeling as he saw Leonard opening the door.

“Archmaester Quent, I pre...”, Leonard started but stopped in the middle of the sentence, still standing inside of the doorway. “You fucking bastard...”, he mumbled in complete shock. He finally stepped into the chamber, allowing Lucas to follow.

Archmaester Quent's chamber was huge for a single person and looked more like a library than a place where someone actually lived. The walls where decorated with maps, showing foreign places, there where countless large bookshelves, full with old and brittle paper. In the middle of the room there was a table, large enough for two dozen people. Right now, only two men sat there. One of them was Dairon. The boy was pale, with a haunted expression on his face, looking at them in surprise. And in front of him sat... no... that...

He wore an elegant gown in the colour of copper, the large chain around his neck having the same colour. In front of him lay a copper rod and mask, symbols of his position. And he was...

“This is impossible...”, Lucas managed to stutter. “Maester Eaton?”

Richard

He pointed the sword right at Alan's chest. “I can demand that from you and I will. You will help me in saving my daughter, or I will cut you down right now!”, he growled, watching Alan starting to shiver. He wouldn't hurt him, he never would, not even after all the things Alan has done. But he needed his help. Alan was never someone who could be persuaded into helping with something. And he wasn't a brave man. Threatening him was probably the only way to get him to help.

“B... but...”, Alan stuttered. “You wouldn't...” He let out a short scream as Richard took a step closer. “I will if you don't help me!”, Richard shouted and Alan cringed. “But... I have no weapon. Please brother, don't do this to me!”, he moaned. Richard rolled with his eyes. “We will find you a weapon”, he said, walking outside of the room. Alan followed, far too afraid to run away.

Together they made their way to the shed, Richard going in front, a reluctant Alan following. “Take a look around”, Richard growled. “They aren't real weapons, but they will be enough” Alan gave him a nervous look, before walking straight towards a pitchfork. “I'll take this!”, he exclaimed and Richard raised a brow. “What? A pitchfork is basically a spear, right? I can keep my enemies on distance with it”, Alan explained and Richard rolled with his eyes. Yes, that was Alan, a coward at heart. But he was good with words, good at lying and good at manipulating. If only they weren't related... Richard would kill him right here. But he would never be a kinslayer, he would never stoop so low.

In silence, the two brothers walked out of the shed. Richard was wielding a sword he could hardly use, Alan was wielding a farm tool he was even worse with. They were up against a violent killer. And then there were Wolfius' allies. The woman who nearly killed him. The other woman, the one who shot him. The man with the polite voice. Whoever they were, they seemed to be even more dangerous...

They walked down the road, Richard still slightly limping. But every step filled him with anger, more anger than he ever felt. Even as his wife died, he felt more desperation than anger. This time... this time he felt like killing someone. He wondered if his father ever felt like this before a battle. The anxiety. The anger. The urge to kill.

They passed Jarow's bridge and for a moment, Richard was about to ask the old soldier for help. But a loud snort form underneath the bridge made him reconsider this. Jarow was likely passed out from his drinks again, sleeping a few hours before continuing to guard his bridge, just like he always did for the past twenty years. Richard felt a sting of compassion for the old man. He had saved his life and likely Jenna's too. He deserved more than this. Maybe Richard could help him, after saving Jenna. It was the least he could do for this man.

Soon after passing the bridge, Richard saw the castle in the distance. The sun was already about to set and a cold wind was howling over the road. He looked at Alan and noticed that his brother was at least as nervous as himself. Richard didn't want to kill him, he didn't even want to endanger him. Sure, he wanted to knock out all his teeth, but Alan wasn't a man who deserved death. He wasn't evil, just greedy and selfish, never thinking about the consequences of his actions. No, very few people truly deserved death. Wolfius was one of them.

“So...”, Alan cleared his throat. “I was thinking... If... I mean if we both survive this...”, he stuttered, nervously looking at the castle. “And, I am pretty sure we both survive this. I mean, I'm too handsome to die and you... well... you have Jenna, right?” Richard let out a sigh. “What do you want, Alan?”, he growled.

“Well... now is probably a very bad time to ask this, but I could use some money. I wouldn't ask, you know, but...”, Alan stuttered and Richard gave him an angry glare. “You're asking me for money?”, he asked and Alan had the decency to look a bit sorrowful. “Just in case I survive and you die. I know, you have every right not to give me any money, that's just understandable, but I have a plans to invest in some things... I know this man in Highgarden and he knows someone who has good contacts to some merchant from Myr. He only needs a bit of money to get into business again and he could sell that fancy stuff from Myr, he could sell it to Oldtown, the other Free Cities, to Mantarys, he even has contacts to some Astapori merchant and he would only need a bit of money, so I was thinking...”

Again, Richard cut him off, this time by shouting. “No!”, he exclaimed. “You got to be kidding me!” This time he was very close to just chop Alan's head off and his brother probably felt this, because he jumped away from Richard. “Hey, just asking. In case you can't tell me later, you know, this is a good deal, sure as winter. Come on, you have trust me...”, he exclaimed. Richard shook his head. “I don't have to do anything, Alan, except saving my daughter”, he growled.

They arrived at the castle around the time it was almost too dark to see anything. The guard at the gate held a torch in his hand... no, in her hand. Richard was slightly surprised to see a female guard, especially one who was that young. The woman didn't look older than Jenna, her hair had a lighter shade of brown, her keen amber eyes where watching Richard and Alan approaching the castle. She was wearing armour, a bit too heavy to be part of the usual equipment of Raylansfair's guard. And unlike Richard, she looked like she was able to use the sword in her hand.

“That's close enough”, she yelled as Richard was about ten feet away from her. He noticed that he still had his sword drawn and slowly put it away, before raising his hands. “Greetings, good woman”, he started, a bit unsure what he should say now. She gave him a cold frown and before Richard could continue, Alan took a step forwards. “Good evening, mylady”, he said and took an elegant bow. “My name is Alan Harking, this is my brother Richard. We're looking for my niece, Jenna”, he said with his most charming tone. Richard noticed that the woman looked at him in surprise. “You're Jenna Harkings father, right?”, she exclaimed

Richard gave her a short nod and the wary expression on her face vanished. “But... we wanted to search for you in the morning. People think you're dead! Where have you been in the past week?”, she asked. Richard looked past her into the courtyard. “Can we talk inside? I need to talk to my daughter, she might be in danger”, he mumbled and the woman's distrustful facial expression reappeared. “What danger are you talking about?”, she asked coldly.

Alan let out a sigh and gave Richard a look that told him to be quiet. “No immediate danger, mylady...”, he said and made a short break, looking at her. She raised an eyebrow. “Nora Recton”, she answered and Alan gave her a charming smile. “It's a pleasure meeting you, albeit the circumstances could be better. A woman of your beauty shouldn't be forced to stand guard at night”, he said, which caused Richard to take a step forwards. “Alan!”, he said harshly. “Listen, Nora, my daughter could be in danger” He bowed down and pulled up his trouser, revealing the bandages around his lower leg. “I was attacked, five days ago. The man who did this to me vowed to target Jenna next. I narrowly survived and now I need to warn her”, he explained as brief as possible.

Nora shrugged. “I don't think a single man could get inside this castle without the guards noticing, but...”, she stopped for a moment, apparently unsure what to say. “But I guess you should talk to your daughter and to Lord Harris. If there's a killer on the loose, he needs to know” She finally stepped aside, but raised her hand as Richard approached. “I should accompany you. Just leading you to the lord”, she said and made a handwave in the direction of the courtyard. “And while you talk to Lord Harris, I'll inform your daughter. She arrived here just a few minutes ago, wanted to get something from her room. I can't wait to see her face” She smiled, but paused for a moment. “I mean... you know what I mean, right? The girl really needs to smile more often”, she was quick to add, before starting to walk into the courtyard. Richard and Alan followed her and Richard noticed that his brother's stare was fixed on Nora's backside.

“Alan...”, he hissed angrily. Alan looked up and gave him a sly grin, before looking at Nora again. “Go ahead, mylady. Lead the way”, he said and gave her a polite nod. As soon as Nora turned around again, walking over the courtyard, Alan gave Richard another sly smile and raised his eyebrows. Richard only sighed as an answer and continued to follow Nora. He was shivering in anticipation. Soon he would see Jenna again. He would tell the acting lord about what he saw in the warehouse and everything would be good ag...

A noise caught his attention. It was muffled, sounding far away or... from inside of the castle. And Nora heard it too, judging from her alarmed reaction. It was the shrill scream of a panicked girl. Not any panicked girl. It came out of the large building that contained the servant's quarters. His stare met Nora's and he knew that she came to the same conclusion. And then they both ran towards the building, in his case even ignoring the numbing pain in his leg. As he ran, he drew his sword, seeing Nora doing the same. As muffled as it was, there was no way Richard wouldn't recognize it. That was clearly Jenna's scream.

He had been to Jenna's room a few times when visiting her in the castle. It wasn't exactly hard to find and right now, Richard knew exactly where to go. Turning left, turning right, up the stairs, turning le... He stopped as he saw a slim figure walking down the hallway, coming closer. A young woman, probably in her mid-twenties, wearing leathery clothes, with black hair and dark grey eyes that were reddened from crying. Tears were flowing down her solemn face and she didn't even notice Richard until she was far too close to run away. She was unarmed and stopped immediately, looking at him with a look of pure shock.

Nora stopped next to him. “Why are you... who is this?”, she asked. Richard pointed his sword at the woman. “This is the woman who nearly killed me. She's in league with this killer!”, he shouted and saw the woman cringing as he yelled at her. She slowly raised her hands. “You are Richard Harking...”, she mumbled, before shaking her head. “I'm sorry. I never wanted this, can't you see?” She had probably the saddest eyes Richard had ever seen, as well as the most angry ones. And there was something else in them, something violent. He did not care. He did not care for her, for her sadness or her regrets. She was part of the people who targeted Jenna. She had to die.

With a loud scream that was supposed to be a battlecry, he ran towards the woman swinging his sword at her. She simply took a step backwards, evading the blade, before dodging a second strike and grabbing him by the neck. The sadness in her eyes was almost gone for a moment, only the anger remaining. “I could kill you right now, Richard Harking...”, she hissed. “I don't want to do it, but I will do it if you attack me again. I have my reasons to help Wolfius and the others and don't you dare questioning them” She stopped as she heard Jenna screaming again and tears where forming in her eyes again as Richard tried to free himself from her grip. “I will let you go and I won't harm you. Save your daughter. Kill Wolfius, if you manage to do it”

She put a bit of weight on his damaged leg, causing him to moan in pain. “And don't you dare attacking me again”, she hissed again before releasing him. Richard took a step backwards, before running past her, noticing that Alan and Nora behind him started to corner the woman. She simply delivered a high kick right in Nora's face, causing the guard to go down, before grabbing Alan's useless pitchfork and hitting him in the throat. Alan went to the ground, gurgling and gasping for air, while the woman turned around, facing Richard again. She gave him a sorry look before running off. Richard had no time to deal with her now... he needed to get to Jenna, nothing else mattered right now!

Finally, the door to her room! Richard hear a loud cry of pain, this time not coming from her and he busted the door open. He was greeted by a terrible sight. Jenna was lying on the ground, breathing heavily, bleeding from a deep cut on the left side of her face. Wolfius stood above her, holding the right side of his face, while letting out a loud scream of agony. Blood was flowing from a large scratch right above his eye and as he noticed Richard, it wasn't even sure if his eye was blinded or damaged by the scratch. But the one eye that was clearly there saw him and the look in it was a look of pure hatred.

“Richard Harking...”, Wolfius growled. “Don't you know when it's better to stay dead?” With these words he pointed his knife at Richard, who didn't even bother to answer. He let out a loud cry of rage and charged at Wolfius, swinging his sword at him. His opponent took a step backwards, parrying the tip of the sword with his knife. “Kersea left me alone, right?”, he asked, taking a stab at Richards chest, but failing to hit him as Richard jumped backwards. “Well, she'll pay for that. They all will pay”, Wolfius exclaimed again, while blood ran out of the deep scratch above his eye. If his eye wasn't damaged, he would at least be temporarily blinded by all the blood running down into it. “After all...”, he hissed taking a stab at Richard again, this time managing to trap the sword with his knife. “If you want to something done, you have to do it yourself!”, he screamed, kicking Richard in the damaged leg.

Richard screamed in agony as he felt his leg getting weaker, as well as the grip he had around his sword. With a truly beastly roar, Wolfius jumped on top of him, causing Richard to drop his sword while going down on the ground, narrowly managing to grab Wolfius arm with the dagger. The light grey eye of his opponent was filled with bloodlust, while Richard felt something inside of him too. Rage... How could he dare targeting Jenna? How could he dare!

Wolfius had made one mistake though... Richard was stronger, far stronger. Wolfius was surprisingly light, stronger than he looked like but no match for Richard in terms of physical strength. The look of sheer bloodlust on his face turned to utter surprise as Richard managed to lift him up like a sack of hay, throwing him on the ground heavily, knocking the knife away, while lifting himself on top of Wolfius. Now it was time for payback!

His closed fist hit Wolfius right in the face, once, twice, thrice, while the beast was too surprised to even scream. The first strike caused Wolfius to fall back heavily, hitting his head. The second strike broke his nose, the third strike damaged his already wounded eye. The fourth strike...

A sudden flash of pain bolted through his right arm and as he looked down he saw a knife deeply embedded in it. Wolfius was breathing heavily, but started to grin again, his mouth bloody as he spat Richard in the face. “Don't you think you have me at your mercy, Harking. I have a second knife...”, he growled, before pushing Richard off. He slowly stood up himself, his legs shaking, the knife resting weakly in his hand. “You came pretty close of killing this body, Harking. But you have no idea what I'm capable of. You think I'm just some sort of sick killer? No... I am the only man in this world who is truly free!”, he shouted and raised his dagger, as the door was kicked open again. Nora stormed in, blood running down her chin, vengeance in her eyes.

Wolfius gave her an alarmed stare and decided to attack her first, dodging her strike before embedding the knife deep in her chest, causing her to fall to the ground again, her eyes wide opened. As the beast turned around, loud voices were heard from the hallway. Wolfius shrugged and gave Richard a last look of pure hatred. “It's not over, Harking. It's not over until I have killed you all. Sleep well tonight...”, he growled, before darting off, running down the hallway. Nora was pulling herself up, looking at the point where the knife hit her. There was no blood, the armour saved her life. Still, she was breathing heavily, in shock and pain. And then he looked at Jenna. She was lying on the ground, the cut on her face bleeding heavily, mixing her blood and her tears. And as Richard Harking dragged himself towards his daughter to pull her into a hug, he finally started to cry himself

End of Chapter 3: We Write History

Your Choices:

Trust: Jenna decided to tell Septon Corbin the truth about Harris

Compassion: John declined Samantha's wish when she asked for the first time

Impulse: Maya stabbed and killed Lord Brune

Reluctance: Kersea decided to leave the castle without helping Wolfius

Necessitation: Torvin decided to save Harlan Hoare's life to win his trust

• edited April 2015

Next time on Forum of Thrones:

Lucas looked up as the door was opened. He had expected to be disturbed after their little show in the antechamber. But he hadn't counted on that many guards entering the room. Their leader was a tall man, probably around fifty years, maybe older. His hair was fiery red, but started to grey and he was a bit on the heavy side. Six black and orange butterflies were visible on his tabard... House Mullendore of Uplands. “Good evening Maester, Sers. I hope I don't disturb anything important”, the knight said politely while taking a stilted bow. “My name is Ser Maron Mullendore. I have a few questions for these two knights”

“So... how's it going in the archive, Philip?”, Lyria asked, looking at the man in front of her, trying to change the topic. “Have they found a true heir already?” Phillip bowed forwards, looking at her sternly and a bit softer at Rosalie. “I've overheard them talking. And yes, they have found an heir. Two, actually. One of them is a petty lord from the eastern Reach. Not that bad from what I've heard... but the other heir... well, he's a big problem, not only for us, but for Reach”, he explained, his usual smile gone, replaced by a worried frown.

“You call that a shieldwall?”, the Storm King yelled. “You call that a fucking shieldwall? I will give you a shieldwall!” With these words, he raised his hammer, starting to run towards them. Three hundred pounds of fury, charging on a bunch of barely trained kids. Drent shook his head, watching his king “training” his new recruits. Half of them would be seriously wounded in this melee. The other half though... He took a look over the courtyard. Storm's End was home to five thousand soldiers, the Stormlands home to several hundred thousands. The largest army in the continent, the best army in the continent. Theirs was the fury.

“I'm going to kill them!”, Wolfius screamed. “Harking, his fucking daughter, that blacksmith Mettel and her whore of a daughter, the guard bitch, Commander Nathamer and his whole fucking family, Harkings friends and that Katya bitch from the tavern...”, he hissed, still shivering from the pain. He pointed his knife at Kersea. “And when I am done with them, I will make you pay, you and your worthless sister!” Kersea gulped, taking a step backwards, bumping into Clayton. He put a hand on her shoulder, pulling her into an unwanted hug. “Try it, Wolfius”, he growled with barely concealed anger. “Try it and I will cut you down myself”

Ellena took a step closer towards the man in front of her. She wasn't afraid of him, not at all. The Burned Man was simply a crippled old man, from what she saw he shouldn't even be able to grab things with his burned hands. She wasn't afraid of him. The Dothraki behind him on the other hand... “Welcome, Ellena”, the Burned Man said with a deep baritone voice. “I am glad you decided to seek my help. Please, sit down. We have a lot to talk about”

“Psst, Maya”, Irving hissed, his voice far too loud to still count as a whisper. “I think I have seen something up there” Maya moaned, opening her eyes. It was dark and it was cold, since Irving hadn't cared about the fire. “Are you awake, Maya?”, he asked again and she gave him an angry glare. “I am now”, she mumbled. “What is it?” Irving pointed at the distant forest. “I've seen something in there...”, he said. “And I'm cold. Can you start a fire please?”

The man stepped closer, eyeing Jaron with pure hatred in his stare. With every step he took closer, Jaron felt Harpy shivering behind him, tears flowing down her face as she was sobbing in fear. The man stopped walking closer as Jaron pointed his sword towards him. “That's close enough!”, the knight shouted, surprised about how weak his voice sounded. The man gave him a cold, cruel smirk. “Trying to play the hero, you bastard?”, he asked, raising his left hand. Jaron saw movement in the dark, men surrounding him and Harpy. The man took another step forwards, this time not even bothering with Jarons shaking sword. He looked at him and at Harpy, who was still panicking. His smile got wider and Jaron noticed that half of his teeth were missing. As he spoke, his voice was deeper than before, more intimidating, as cold as ice, as brutal as a dragons fire.

“Do you have any idea who I am?”

Forum of Thrones, Act II, Chapter I: Butterfly; Coming Soon!

• edited April 2015

So... this was Chapter 3, this was Act 1. Compared to the first two chapters, this chapter was so much longer, longer than both of the previous chapters combined, but personally, it was so much more exciting. All this stuff I was able to write about... needless to say I loved writing it and I hope you loved reading it! Judging from the length of the google document, I have officially written a short novel already, going by the length. During the past three months, Forum of Thrones became the most commented and most liked topic in the Game of Thrones section of this forum and one of the most viewed topics as well. This is amazing, overwhelming and wonderful and it would have never happened without you. It's official, you are awesome! Thank you so much for reading this story.

The next chapter will start on Tuesday or Wednesday and I am really looking forward for it. The name already gives it away, there will be a lot of focus on the Oldtown PoV's, Lucas, Jaron, Ellena and a somewhat new Oldtown PoV-character I am looking forward to write about. You can probably guess who this new PoV character in question is. That does not mean the Raylansfair storyline, the Harrenhal storyline, or the other storylines revolving around Maya, Willfred, Marak and all of them won't get their focus too. However, many of the Raylansfair characters, like Richard, Jenna and Lyria, will be together for a lot of the chapter. While that means that they will have more screentime together, they will have less individual PoV's. But every character will have a good amount of screentime. If your character wasn't introduced so far and you haven't heard anything else from me, there will be a good possibility that he or she will appear in this coming chapter!

Like the last times, I have a few questions for you, but this time regarding the whole Act 1, not only Chapter 3. Because of the number of characters and scenes and stuff that happened, you can pick more than one answer if you can't decide. I will probably answer a few of these questions myself, a bit later, but I will answer them from my perspective as a writer. As always, you don't have to give reasons with your answers, but they would help a lot!

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1?

Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1?

Who were your favourite PoV's in Act 1?

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Act 1?

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1?

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Act 1?

Is there anything you disliked?

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2?

• Wha.....Wha...What?

Alt text

Lucas No, he was done waiting. The Citadel mocked him and Leonard and they would keep them waiting for a long while, time they could use

• “I'm going to kill them!”, Wolfius screamed. “Harking, his fucking daughter, that blacksmith Mettel and her whore of a daughter, the guard bitch, Commander Nathamer and his whole fucking family, Harkings friends and that Katya bitch from the tavern...”, he hissed, still shivering from the pain. He pointed his knife at Kersea. “And when I am done with them, I will make you pay, you and your worthless sister!”

You got issues Wolfius.

“Do you have any idea who I am?”

Butterfly.

Next time on Forum of Thrones: Lucas looked up as the door was opened. He had expected to be disturbed after their little show in the a

• Butterfly.

Alt text

“I'm going to kill them!”, Wolfius screamed. “Harking, his fucking daughter, that blacksmith Mettel and her whore of a daughter, the guard b

• edited April 2015

Oh GOd , RIP Brail or whatver is called Kersea´s sister. Why people want her dead ? u.u

Awesome Chapter!!!

Lucas No, he was done waiting. The Citadel mocked him and Leonard and they would keep them waiting for a long while, time they could use

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Who were your favorite characters in Act 1? Leonard Constantine, aka Leonard the Stately, and Lucas Flowers

Who were your least favorite characters in Act 1? Jenna. Let her die already.

Who were your favorite PoV's in Act 1? Lucas and Lyria.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Act 1? Jenna obviously. Why is she still alive?

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1? Broken Vows, whichever had John and Lucas meet up in that tavern.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Act 1? The tavern parts were my favorites, but I think when Richard gets 'killed' might take it. That or either Leonard vs. Temari.

Is there anything you disliked? Maybe that there's no central plot which makes it hard to follow. If you could organize the parts in order of plot, i.e. all of Richard and the parts that relate to his story in a role on a separate doc, it make it easier to reread and understand. And that there isn't more parts <3

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2? Maybe get some backstory on some characters that have been rather mysterious or have had hints at an interesting backstory but were vague and hard to catch.

And far more death. Maybe some sexy time too, but death.

So... this was Chapter 3, this was Act 1. Compared to the first two chapters, this chapter was so much longer, longer than both of the previ

• Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Terroma , Noelle , Maya , Irving , Marak and Gabin. Along with Harlan

Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1? Holt , Jaylon ,Wolfius , Harris ,

Who were your favourite PoV's in Act 1? Marak/Torvin

Who were your three least favourite PoV's in Act 1? Richard/Lyria/Maester Eaton

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1? Chapter 1

What has been your favourite part in Act 1? The end of Chapter 2 and Marak´s last part in Chapter 1. Along with Maya stabbing the hell out of Brune :P

Is there anything you disliked? The Strad´s need more sreen time!!!! :D

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2? Someone HAS to die and i mean someone good and wiht a POV. This isn´t Games of Thrones without that :P: (This doen´t include Noelle or the Strads)

So... this was Chapter 3, this was Act 1. Compared to the first two chapters, this chapter was so much longer, longer than both of the previ

• Jenna obviously. Why is she still alive?

She got lucky, real lucky. And Wolfius got a little bit too cocky with her.

If you could organize the parts in order of plot, i.e. all of Richard and the parts that relate to his story in a role on a separate doc, it make it easier to reread and understand.

That's a very interesting idea! I guess I will create a second doc which contains the character's parts in order of their respective plot soon :)

Maybe get some backstory on some characters that have been rather mysterious or have had hints at an interesting backstory but were vague and hard to catch.

Do you have any particular character in mind here? Sooner or later I'll try to give every character a detailed backstory, but it could be interesting to know which characters you'd like to know more about in particular.

Who were your favorite characters in Act 1? Leonard Constantine, aka Leonard the Stately, and Lucas Flowers Who were your least favorite

• Yeah , i want Jenna to die too. It´s just feell to weird to have her be alive :P

Who were your favorite characters in Act 1? Leonard Constantine, aka Leonard the Stately, and Lucas Flowers Who were your least favorite

• which characters you'd like to know more about in particular.

GABINNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Jenna obviously. Why is she still alive? She got lucky, real lucky. And Wolfius got a little bit too cocky with her. If you co

• Harris, Wolfius, Lucas, Leonard, Jaron, Noelle, Marak people like that.

Jenna obviously. Why is she still alive? She got lucky, real lucky. And Wolfius got a little bit too cocky with her. If you co

• No love for poor Jenna? That girl narrowly survived being attacked by serial killer and you're still calling for her death ;_;

supersagig posted: »

Yeah , i want Jenna to die too. It´s just feell to weird to have her be alive :P

• The part of "narrowly" is what makes me mad. She is only alive because plot armour. I am pretty sure if Carma went she will be dead.

No love for poor Jenna? That girl narrowly survived being attacked by serial killer and you're still calling for her death ;_;

• Half of Wolfius' hitlist is filled with my characters.
    Alt text

Next time on Forum of Thrones: Lucas looked up as the door was opened. He had expected to be disturbed after their little show in the a

• Yeah it would be nice to see some more on the violent upbringings of our Lord Bastard and how he got into the high life. Plus I am really excited to see the Storm King. He sounds like the greatest king ever, right?

Harris, Wolfius, Lucas, Leonard, Jaron, Noelle, Marak people like that.

• edited April 2015

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Richard and Wolfius (and Jarow, because i have a huge ego)

Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1? Holt Harris

Who were your favourite PoV's in Act 1? Richard, Lucas

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Act 1? Jenna Garthon

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1? Broken Vowes

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Act 1? death of The Impaler (R.I.P. Never forget, never forgive) plus the Prologue (so good)

Is there anything you disliked? nea, i'm easy to please

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2? Lets see some Ned stark deaths, some major players (as long as it is no characters that i like... because then i will be sad)

• Actually she survived because you picked the right options when fighting back against Wolfius and when deciding hopw Kersea should react. Carma would have died for sure indeed, because she wouldn't have fighted back properly. If Kersea would have urged Wolfius to give her a quick death, Jenna would be dead, if Jenna would have tried to punch him, she would be dead. She basically had a 1/3rd chance of dying in this chapter, while Carma had a 1/4th chance of dying. For Carma to die, Jenna would have needed to accept both of her offers, staying at her place and letting her go back to the castle.

The part of "narrowly" is what makes me mad. She is only alive because plot armour. I am pretty sure if Carma went she will be dead.

• Lets see some Ned stark deaths, some major players

Trust me, there will be major deaths... however, Ned Stark didn't die in Episode 3, right? But there will be several major characters who won't make it out of Book 1 alive.

husmusen posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Richard and Wolfius (and Jarow, because i have a huge ego) Who were your least favourite cha

• Storm King <3

I am so looking forward to write for that guy. Easily my favourite king :D

Bounden posted: »

Yeah it would be nice to see some more on the violent upbringings of our Lord Bastard and how he got into the high life. Plus I am really excited to see the Storm King. He sounds like the greatest king ever, right?

• This answer pleases me greatly

Lets see some Ned stark deaths, some major players Trust me, there will be major deaths... however, Ned Stark didn't die in Episode 3, right? But there will be several major characters who won't make it out of Book 1 alive.

• Who were you favourite characters in Act 1? Maya, Leonard, Lucas, Harpy, Temari and Jenna (Am I the only one that likes her?)

Who were you least favourite characters in Act 1? Lord Brune and Wolfius

Who were your favourite PoV's in Act 1? Maya, Lucas and Jenna (Seriously am I the only one?)

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Act 1? Lyria and Ellena

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1? We Write History

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Act 1? When Maya killed Lord Brune, that was awesome. Also the revelation of Maester Eaton that we just had.

Is there anything you dislike? Not at all

Further advice Pretty much just what the others have said, some more tragic death. But I'm sure there will be some in the next acts and we'll all be regretting it then.

Wow I can't believe we are only just finished Act 1! It makes so happy that we've still got so much of this story to go, but also a little sad that there will be a big wait for my character. Oh well I'm sure the wait will be well worth it, can't wait to read Act 2!

• Who were your favourite characters in Act 1?

Lucas, Leonard, Cass, Jenna, Torvin, Garthon

Noelle, Wolfius

Torvin, Garthon, Jenna

Richard, Kersea, Marak

We Write History

The Impaler dying

Everything's great :)

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2?

Have more major characters die, and introduce new ones. The waiting to be introduced list gets longer and longer everyday.

• edited April 2015

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1?

Torvin, Leonard and Jaron..I'll squeeze in John too, I liked his POV's.

I got the GRRM's bug after I read his books and what I mean by that is that I can't really hate anyone because I can see their motives and thought process even when they're not POVs, but if I must choose I'd say Wolfius simply becasue he's a messep up serial killer and we don't take kindly to folks like him around here.

Torvin, John, Jaron

Hard one again because of the above problem but maybe Jenna? I don't know..I feel like she should have died.

Not sure because I skipped some of chapter 2 thanks to your summary to catch up with the story(guess I should read it before Act 2) so I'm sure some stuff were way cooler as chapters than one line in a summary. But still I really enjoyed chapter 1 and the prologue.

Hearing Jon the Harper's amazing voice in the tavern(kidding)...Maya stabbing the shit out of Brun was pretty badass and also the last Marak part with the vision of Aegon's Landing.

Nah...

Well, GRRM's got tons of POVs as well and obviously I know you won't split your POV's like AFFC and ADWD, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable killing a POV in his own chapter(similar to Catelyn in the RW) to make room for other major POVs. That's the GRRM™ way to progress the story and push things forward with fresh new characters and subplots.

Oh and also my characters getting some proper screen time or I'll just have to send you some more! (just kidding :P)

• edited April 2015

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? John, Lucas and Jaron

Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1? Jenna, Noelle and Harlan

Who were your favourite PoV's in Act 1? Lucas and Jaron

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Act 1? Jenna and Lyria

What has been your favourite chapter in Act 1? We Write History

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Act 1? How did no one mention Ellena's escape? Samuel and Jaylon could've got her but she stood her ground like a bad ass! Also the fucking plot twist that Maester Eaton is alive!! WTFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is there anything you disliked? Well, it seems like the backstory is generally told for the PoV characters and not so much for the other characters. There is no sort of explanation why Leonard has a hard time when he gets lied to, or maybe its just me getting anxious to read more and more.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Act 2? I would like to see more brutal fights, betrayals and some dragons, I know its a bit too early for that, but come on you can't blame me its FUCKING dragons! Keep up the amazing work pal!

• I'm going to enjoy getting to see a real war going on. Political intrigue is nice, but war brings such thrill!

Storm King I am so looking forward to write for that guy. Easily my favourite king

• Jenna (Am I the only one that likes her?)

I'm afraid you are ;_; Though I like her too, don't know if that counts, since I like every character... It's interesting that you included Temari in your list. I have some stuff planned for him for later parts of the story, but I felt I underused him in Chapter 3.

but also a little sad that there will be a big wait for my character

Yes, I am sorry for that. Future chapters won't be much shorter than this one, so it will be a bit of time until we meet Lachlan. But at least from my point, it should be worth the wait!

Loki522 posted: »

Who were you favourite characters in Act 1? Maya, Leonard, Lucas, Harpy, Temari and Jenna (Am I the only one that likes her?) Who were yo

• Have more major characters die, and introduce new ones. The waiting to be introduced list gets longer and longer everyday.

You are right, it's a bit alarming to be honest. So far I won't have problems in introducing all the characters (yours will likely be introduced in Book 1, by the way) since there is a huge amount of PoV's, but I can't extend the story forever. Sooner or later I'll have to close the submission box, since there will definitely be more characters introduced than killed off.

DiverseGnu posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Lucas, Leonard, Cass, Jenna, Torvin, Garthon Who were your least favourite characters in

• you shouldn't feel uncomfortable killing a POV in his own chapter

It will happen, I promise. The amount of dead PoV's will depend on your choices, but two of them are already doomed as a result of your choices >:D

However, the whole thing will have the length of a book. There is little point in introducing a PoV like Jenna and killing her off after 30 pages of screentime. GRRM gave his dead PoV's a lot of screentime as well before killing them off. Some of them will depend on your choices. Jenna and Richard for example could have both died in the confrontation with Wolfius as a result of your choices, but you chose right (or wrong, if death is what you want)

Oh and also my characters getting some proper screen time or I'll just have to send you some more! (just kidding :P)

That means if I want to have more of your awesome characters I only need to ignore them? Hmmm... XD

The next chapter will feature some your characters in the Riverlands storyline, by the way :)

Upshaw posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Torvin, Leonard and Jaron..I'll squeeze in John too, I liked his POV's. Who were your le

• How did no one mention Ellena's escape?

Was among my favourite moments in the chapter as well :D

Well, it seems like the backstory is generally told for the PoV characters and not so much for the other characters. There is no sort of explanation why Leonard has a hard time when he gets lied to, or maybe its just me getting anxious to read more and more.

There will be more backstory to all of the characters in due time. In Leonard's case, I don't think he would tell his backstory that easily. Now that he starts to become a friend to Lucas, he will trust him more and will reveal a little bit more about himself. The PoV's get their backstory revealed sooner, of course, but the Non-PoV's will get their backstorytime too.

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? John, Lucas and Jaron Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1? Jenna, Noelle and H

• Along with Harlan

You like Harlan Hoare? That surprises me, because I tried my best to make him unlikeable. He was basically meant to be a mixture between Joffrey Baratheon and Ramsay Snow. The potential to be as cruel as Ramsay, with the lacking intelligence of Joffrey XD

The Strad´s need more sreen time!!!! :D

The Strad's shall get more screentime! Next chapter will be a good one for Gabin and we will learn about Urid and Carma as well.

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1? Terroma , Noelle , Maya , Irving , Marak and Gabin. Along with Harlan Who were your least fa

• Yeah , i even like him better than George :P.

And if we hadn´t shot Bear , Cass would have been alive?

Along with Harlan You like Harlan Hoare? That surprises me, because I tried my best to make him unlikeable. He was basically meant t

• 99 pages in the doc left and I can finally catch up with you guys xD

But it was worth skipping the voting just to read this epic story from scratch :D

• edited April 2015

I'll get the alternative choice up later today, but I think I can tell you that one already.

Cass would have died either way, because Bear had absolutely no intentions of letting her live. The main difference here is that Bear's intention of killing her is far more ambigous. At least in theory, him killing Cass could have been a reflex of Janae shooting him. However, she would have lived if you had sent Temari with Aylard. In that case, Temari's wound would have prevented him from effectively protetcing the family and as a result, Aylard would have died, while Samantha would have succeeded in preventing Bear from grabbing and killing Cass.

Yeah , i even like him better than George :P. And if we hadn´t shot Bear , Cass would have been alive?

• I'll get the alternative choice up later today

All of Act 1?

I'll get the alternative choice up later today, but I think I can tell you that one already. Cass would have died either way, because Bea

Sign in to comment in this discussion.