Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• who were your favourite characters in Act 1

Maya , Irving , Richard , Jenna I have a huge crush on Maya

Who was your least favourite charachter

Marak is a little boring I think , also I think Wolfius is a bit unrealistic too much of a madman .He is like Trevor from GTA but a exaggerated version .

who has been your favourite log in Act 1

Maya , Jenna ,Richard

what has been your least favourite chapter in Act 1

Chapter 1 each chapter has been better than the one before it so far

what has been your favourite moment of act 1

The twist regarding Master Eaton , I genuinely didn't see that coming

**is there anything you disliked **

Like I said , Wolfius in my opinion , can be overdone at times .

do you have any further advice ,anything you would like to see more , anything you are anticipating in Act 2

I think a bit more humour would be good, like game of thrones which is funny every now and then .

So... this was Chapter 3, this was Act 1. Compared to the first two chapters, this chapter was so much longer, longer than both of the previ

• (So much hate on Jenna ;O )

Why all the Harking hate :(

And I also didn't understand why the Butterfly would kidnap Kersea's sister. Did he know she had awesome assassin powers or did she expect her to die immediately.

There is a reason behind it that will be explained in future chapters, maybe even in the next.

Maybe outline a major central plot line, then set the minor plot lines.

Yes, this will happen. Over the course of Act 2, several questions will be answered and several minor plotlines get combined to a very important major plotline.

Bounden posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Act 1?Lyria, Leonard, and Samantha. Who were your least favourite characters in Act 1?Jenna (So muc

• who were your favourite characters in Act 1

Richard , Jenna

Yes! Fucking finally, someone who likes the Harkings :D

And gotta love Maya. I had a lot of fun writing her storyline for this Chapter.

I think Wolfius is a bit unrealistic too much of a madman

Here I can tease that Wolfius has a very good reason to act the way he acts, not only because of his insanity. There is more behind his behaviour and this will be explained in coming chapters. I've also teased the hell out of it already :D

I think a bit more humour would be good, like game of thrones which is funny every now and then .

I'm terrible at humour. Trust me, you don't want to read it. Marak is a little bit more light-hearted than others and I guess the character of Irving has potential for some humorous moments as well as a lot more stuff coming for him in the next chapter. But all in all, most of the characters are quite serious, with more potential for being dark than being funny. I mean, between Wolves, Bears and fucking Butterflies, there is little place for genuine humour. But when it fits the story, I will add it in, I promise.

All in all it's safe to say that things are going to get quite dark at times in the next Act, especially once Butterfly finally appears. There are some scenes upcoming that will be intense, as well as very painful to write.

MadManLee posted: »

who were your favourite characters in Act 1 Maya , Irving , Richard , Jenna I have a huge crush on Maya Who was your least favouri

• There were so many new comments I thought a new chapter was added xD

Although I didn't manage to read it all YET, I really like the story and intrigue :P

• Why all the Harking hate :(

I don't know if my subconscious is just a bandwagoner, but I wasn't as interested with Jenna's story than the others.

(So much hate on Jenna ;O ) Why all the Harking hate And I also didn't understand why the Butterfly would kidnap Kersea's sis

• This is amazing Liquid! I loved every bit of it. I cannot wait for act 2! This has to be one of the if not the best fan fictions out there! I mean, this is like an actual great book good! You're a really great writer

• edited April 2015

That comment just made me so happy. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like this story! Your story and others are and were a tremendous inspiration for me and it's safe to say that my story wouldn't be even half as good without these inspirations. Thanks again, it means a lot to hear things like that :)

TWD_25 posted: »

This is amazing Liquid! I loved every bit of it. I cannot wait for act 2! This has to be one of the if not the best fan fictions out there! I mean, this is like an actual great book good! You're a really great writer

• So, I arrived in the German Outback and to my surprise, I have internet! It's crappy internet, not even able to play youtube videos, but it's more than I expected. While I won't have time to write, I will have time to plan the next parts in full detail. Expect the next Act to start somewhere around Tuesday!

• Excellent! :D

So, I arrived in the German Outback and to my surprise, I have internet! It's crappy internet, not even able to play youtube videos, but it'

• edited April 2015

On Act 1 I liked most things (I never expected my characters to be any more than background so that was a nice surpise)

My only real problem was that whole random "rape" attempt by that lord, it just felt random and weird given the circumstances. Also characters tend to survive pretty much everything.

My least favourite parts are probably the harking father and daughter, her surviving was okay but after her father also surviving so randomonly I think is why it felt a bit much. I have to admit rethinking it my least favourite is that female assassin, I know everyone is picking the choices that make her do some odd things but she comes across annoying and a hypocrite to me.

The favourites are anything surronding that whole burned man/butterfuly dynamic

In the next part I hope to learn more about the priestess and that William? Kid thats with that army and how they tie into everything.

• You see Liquid, people WANT to know Leonard's backstory. You hear me?

YOU HEAR ME?!??!?!?!?!??!!??!

How did no one mention Ellena's escape? Was among my favourite moments in the chapter as well Well, it seems like the backsto

• Alt text

Like really, what the hell...Also, I really hope there will be more deaths in upcoming chapters, but seeing the shitload of characters you've got there it seems unavoidable :D

• ayyyyy fellow memecenterian

Crips posted: »

Like really, what the hell...Also, I really hope there will be more deaths in upcoming chapters, but seeing the shitload of characters you've got there it seems unavoidable

• Just make octoplets all be allergic to swords and die.

Like really, what the hell...Also, I really hope there will be more deaths in upcoming chapters, but seeing the shitload of characters you've got there it seems unavoidable

• Ayy this is a first meme I made on memecenter

ayyyyy fellow memecenterian

• Thanks for the review, I appreciate it!

I never expected my characters to be any more than background so that was a nice surpise

And there is more for them coming :D

My only real problem was that whole random "rape" attempt by that lord, it just felt random and weird given the circumstances

I admit the scene could have needed more build-up. Another Maya part could have done wonders. The thing with Lord Brune is, he would have never raped her. He is in no way a good man, but he is no rapist. The whole act was a try to intimidate her and to spite Lord Royce, but I somewhat failed to build this into the story.

Also characters tend to survive pretty much everything.

My least favourite parts are probably the harking father and daughter, her surviving was okay but after her father also surviving so randomonly I think is why it felt a bit much.

I see what you mean. My main problem is, I am nowhere near the writing mentality of George R.R. Martin, who has this brutally realistic style of writing. I have a problem with killing off characters before using their full potential. Jenna for example has plenty of possibility for character growth. I gave both of them the possibility of dying in this chapter, but you managed to pick the choices that saved both of them. However, I admit that the chances of their survival had been higher than the chances of their death, as well as the choices that could have lead to the determinant deaths of Terroma and Gregar. I'll try to work on this, but I always struggle with killing characters. However, there will be several moments where I won't hold back with the deaths, I hope that will suffice. And there will be a few very surprising deaths in Book 1.

I have to admit rethinking it my least favourite is that female assassin, I know everyone is picking the choices that make her do some odd things but she comes across annoying and a hypocrite to me.

The thing with Kersea is, she is hypocritical. She is a professional killer and no matter how regretful she is, she still continues, not only for her sisters sake, but also because she is starting to change and is starting to enjoy it. She tries to convince herself that she won't change who she is, but given the things she is forced to do, that's close to impossible. Since she lacks Claytons cold approach to killing, she is probably on the verge of mentally loosing it and her attempts to convince herself that she hates killing come off as increasingly hypocritical. That said, I admit that I love her character and PoV, simply because she is morally dark grey at best and interacts with characters who are the darkest shades of black.

The favourites are anything surronding that whole burned man/butterfuly dynamic

The surprisingly spotlight-stealing storyline :D I love it too and there will be some development in that storyline in the next chapter.

In the next part I hope to learn more about the priestess and that William? Kid thats with that army and how they tie into everything.

There will be more Willfred and while I like Noelle a bit mysterious, there will also be more about her plans revealed in the coming chapter.

On Act 1 I liked most things (I never expected my characters to be any more than background so that was a nice surpise) My only real prob

• Oh, a Forum of Thrones meme :D

And more death is confirmed. Unfortunately, not as much as some might hope for, at least not initially. But don't count on anyone specific surviving this, nobody is save... Well, perhaps people like Loren Lannister because canon, but in fact many submitted characters have untimely demises planned for them.

• Yeah, we can't save the loved ones in the end, can we?

Still looking forward to the story, as I'm almost catching up :P

Oh, a Forum of Thrones meme And more death is confirmed. Unfortunately, not as much as some might hope for, at least not initially. But

• Its still very well done dont get me wrong

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it! I never expected my characters to be any more than background so that was a nice surpise

• I know, no worries :) You brought up good points and it will help a lot.

Its still very well done dont get me wrong

• this is awesome, too bad I stumbled on this too late for probably for my character to make a substantial impact on the story.

• edited April 2015

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you like the story :)

Despite me being sure that I won't be able to check the submission box while on vacation, I just did, even though it might not work correctly on my phone. Since I got more than one new: Which one is your character?

this is awesome, too bad I stumbled on this too late for probably for my character to make a substantial impact on the story.

• @LiquidChicagoTed you sly dog not replying to my comments.

Alt text

You see Liquid, people WANT to know Leonard's backstory. You hear me? YOU HEAR ME?!??!?!?!?!??!!??!

• I'm sorry, please forgive me. I blame my horrible internet connection right now. Loading this page up to the point where I can comment took me 10 minutes, I'm not kidding. Meaning, it took me so long to load the page, I simply forgot to reply.

And Leonard's backstory shall be told soon in one of the coming Lucas parts. I'm glad everybody seems to like Leonard, because I have plans for his backstory

@LiquidChicagoTed you sly dog not replying to my comments.

• So Leonard lives for a bit?

Alt text

All is forgiven. You're lucky it's still Easter, Liquid. Next time I will not be as forgiving.

I'm sorry, please forgive me. I blame my horrible internet connection right now. Loading this page up to the point where I can comment took

• Woah! Act 1 is finished! I just logged back on today and was met with tons of news. Good stuff Liquid! Can't wait for Act 2!

• Hey! I just recently wrote him (Federico Snow) and I have someone else coming up shortly (Morrigan)

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you like the story Despite me being sure that I won't be able to check the submission box while on vacation, I

• Is Morrigan's name based on the Dragon Age character? Just curious.

Hey! I just recently wrote him (Federico Snow) and I have someone else coming up shortly (Morrigan)

• Just checked him. While I can't completely check him until I am home again, due to the way my phone works, I like what I can check so far. I will be able to work with him very well, great character!

Hey! I just recently wrote him (Federico Snow) and I have someone else coming up shortly (Morrigan)

• I noticed the submission box has different font, will I get a potato?

• Late comment but I realized this

Originally, I had planned to write an incredibly silly and deliberately goofy non-canonical part as some sort of April Fool's joke, but I am afraid that I am simply unable to write humorously. Sorry for my lacking sense of humour!

You could have shown us Ser Jar Jar of Binks, Bump, and Mike Rotch. It could have been so good.

The Voting is closed! John will respect Samantha's wish and will allow her to travel to Oldtown Yes, I know, I'm closing the voting ve

• She's not based on the DA character but I did come up with the name cause I just recently went back to DAO haha.

DiverseGnu posted: »

Is Morrigan's name based on the Dragon Age character? Just curious.

• Thanks! I really enjoy your work you've done a great job.

Just checked him. While I can't completely check him until I am home again, due to the way my phone works, I like what I can check so far. I will be able to work with him very well, great character!

• JESUS CHRIST. I came here to ask how this was going but i take ONE look at the non-introduced characters list and im wondering why Liquid hasent pretended to be dead yet. I guess hes way too awesome for that ^-^. But still.....Jesus.

• which one?

Lord_EAA posted: »

JESUS CHRIST. I came here to ask how this was going but i take ONE look at the non-introduced characters list and im wondering why Liquid hasent pretended to be dead yet. I guess hes way too awesome for that ^-^. But still.....Jesus.

• edited April 2015

WARNING Potato stocks [depleted].

intrusion occurred: -5 hours and 32 seconds

Assailant Name: Cotter

I noticed the submission box has different font, will I get a potato?

• the list itself......its so long ............so long........... and he has to develop ALL of them

supersagig posted: »

which one?

• because why not?

TheFurryOne posted: »

Why is Jenna Harking hated?

• Why is Jenna Harking hated?

• So... you know I charmingly described the place I went to for vacation for as the German Outback, mainly because of it's lack of internet. Well, yesterday I got a better name for it: Narnia. Fucking Narnia. The Landscape is lush and beautiful, the internet is even worse and I'm quite sure some of the locals are talking animals. But it was a wonderful vacation and even though I missed writing, I enjoyed the little break.

On my long journey home I noticed the marvel that is the german autobahn. For a country that prides itself in it's streets, actually so much that they invent beautiful words like 'Strassenverkehrsnetz' (seriously, try to say that without sounding like an aggressive madman. The struggle is real, my friends), german streets have one big problem: They are always crowded. Like in, too crowded. Four hours of a completey needless traffic jam, stuck with horrible music are really not what I want to experience on Easter Monday.

Anyway...

Alt text

And I'm back at writing! But first, let me check the submission box, since I got a lot of new characters. And...

There is one character that I sadly won't accept, namely the character Duke Nukem. Despite the fact that he hails to the king, baby, the ultimate alien ass kicker won't be in this story as long as there is no Duke Nukem Forever 2. I'm sorry.

Every other character is accepted of course. And actually most of them will be in Book 1.

Be prepared for a new chapter starting early tomorrow!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.