Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Second drawing, this time it's Jordan Rivern. She's american born, but of half Middle Eastern descent. Having lived in a bad household, she was already used to the everyday apocalypse, even spending time in juvenile detention.

Alt text

I've been thinking of the new part and how I want to go about it, though I have already written some of it, including a flashback about those brief highschool years in one character's life. It's safe to say chapter two will be pretty emotional with what I plan to do to one of the characters... >.>

<.<

It will be sad... for some. Some... not so much. But it will reveal a very large factor in this episode... among other things...

• edited April 2015

Alt text

No I'm just kidding but looking forward to the next part and the drawings of Vince and my main man Jack. Also that flashback sounds interesting :P I always say that every story should have a good flashback scene.

(Just a side note - I think Jack should be at least 5 years older than the age I sent you, he's just a bit too young to fit his backstory)

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Second drawing, this time it's Jordan Rivern. She's american born, but of half Middle Eastern descent. Having lived in a bad household, she

• I'll be working on, making sure it's up to par, taking it one bite at a time... until I'm ready to post it. The part will be the chapter finale. So it needs to be well thought out and good in general.

(Noted :P)

Upshaw posted: »

No I'm just kidding but looking forward to the next part and the drawings of Vince and my main man Jack. Also that flashback sounds interest

• Chapter One: “Trauma” - Part 6: “Dry Tears.”

The Marching Band

Jordan pulled Christian along by the elbow as they ran down the road. He constantly shot looks down at his hand and the bite marks on his two fingers with a shocked and horrified look etched on his face. “I-- I’m...I’m...” he mumbled in fear, almost inaudible.

“Just hold on...” Jordan hissed between her breaths, “we’ll… we’ll take care of it once we get there.” Letting out a huff of tiredness she pulled him forward.

He jerked his arm out of her grasp, “it’s over...” Christian cried, giving a sorrowful expression. Holding his hand where she could see it clearly. The torn skin and the dark red blood covered fingertips as it dripped onto the cold asphalt. “I’m. Gonna. Become. One. Of. Them.”

“You’re not dead yet!” Jordan barked defensively with an increasingly angry expression.

“They, the walkers, there’s too many of them…” He stuttered, “t-t-thousands.” He ran his good hand through his dark brown hair head, biting his upper lip. “I’m going to do some good, alright?” Silence fell over the two, Jordan was speechless. “I’m gonna…” he whispered, his tone sounded of a second guess, “I’m gonna lead the horde away the best I can.”

“Shut the fuck up,” Jordan exclaimed, inspiring a fearful look in Christian’s eye. She grabbed his arm by the elbow again, “no heroics… You’re coming with me whether you like it or not.”

“But...” He mumbled with a scared look befalling him, “I’m...I’m going to die, then come back…” Christian looked depressly at his bite marks on his index and pointer fingers. “I don’t wanna…” he mumbled, “but I’m gonna.”

Both of them looked back behind as the sound of several walkers moaning and grunting while they walked and stumbled up the road. Jordan grabbed him by the shoulders, “I won’t let you become one of them.” She look him dead in the eye. “Once we’re back we’ll cut it off and you’ll be fine.”

“I saw you.. cut that guy’s leg off back in San Antonio… He died, didn’t he?” Christian said in reply. “The bite kills you. We know this already. Once you die… you come back.” His eyes grew teary, “it’s inevitable.”

Jordan let out a sigh, accompanied by respectful smirk. “That asshole bleed to death. You aren’t enough of an asshole for me to give up.”

Christian bleckley nodded and followed her in silence as they ran where the rest of the group resided, his face growing ever grimmer. His wandered to the past. Everyone he ever knew or so much as met at the bus stop... was dead. It was the undeniable truth at that point. But it wasn’t over yet, apparently.

He snapped his fingers in peaceful tone that echoed in the school yard, where he sat attentively at a bench. A notable bruised on his forehead become visible as he straightened his baseball cap to hide it again. The spring wind blowing through the greenish trees, but was unfortunately followed by a brief gale of dust that dissipated in the air not long after. Several people walked by, every here and there, not paying any mind to the young man sitting, now tapping his foot with impatience.

“Christian!” A familiar voice called from the front entrance of the school. It caused the boy to jump up from his attentive state and stood at attention as the young woman run towards him. “Where were you?” She asked upon reaching him, much to his disappointment, he had an answer he didn’t exactly want to share.

“I’m… I’m really sorry Mair… I got caught up and couldn’t make it in time.” Christian replied, giving her a sympathetic frown.

“Don’t sweat it,” she punched him lightly on the arm. “I’m just sad I had to sit through that boring thing without some I can tolerate.”

“Heh,” he smiled awkwardly, “well... what’s the first thing you want to do now that you’re free?” Christian inquired as he gave a snarky grin.

“First… I’d love to get something to drink. Let’s go to the bar,” she said and turned to walk towards the parking lot when Christian spoke up, “um… that’s when you turn 21, not when you get out of highschool,” he finished with a laughed.

“What?” Maria questioned, “fuck off, you gotta be 21?” She shook her head, disappointedly. “Well… then… I’ve had it on my mind and I wanted to ask you something…”

“Ask away.” Christian motioned to the parking lot with is head and she understood. They walked towards it.

“Well… I was wondering if… I could move into your place.” She sighed and continued, “I understand if don’t want me to, but… an answer would be great.” She asked politely, waiting for her answer.

“Of course!” Christian exclaimed with a happy smile, “I’m happy to-- well, you’re stuck with your four sisters, it would be a lot more peaceful than hanging around them.”

“Thank you,” Maria smiled, “it means so much.” She gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Christian lightly patted the side of her arm. “Don’t sweat it.”

“Jesus,” Atlanta exclaimed as the two came running down the hill, “what the fuck happened?!” She yelled, noticing the bloodied left hand of Christian.

“I got bit…” he mumbled while Jordan rushed him forward.

“We need to leave,” Jordan spoke aloud, but vaguely. She learned close to Christian, and softly spoke, “go into the RV and wait. I’ll be there in a seconds.” He replied with a fate nod and walked towards it as she continued her conversation with Atlanta. “There are about thousand walkers just beyond that hill,” gesturing towards the road they ran from, “and if we don’t as soon as we can, they’ll trap us!”

“Shit!” Atlanta muttered under her breath, but turned around to follow the sound of cranking leafs to face Jerry and Josephine as they walked out of the woods. “Jerry, get in the truck and keep it running! Josie, go get Ashley and Daniel!” She barked orders as they replied with silent, but worried nods.

“Jordan… help me with Christian.” They two turned and walked towards the RV. “So… what are we going to about Christian’s bite?” Atlanta asked, nearing the door to the RV.

“We cut off his fingers and stop the bleeding.” Jordan answered, soon a halfhearted reassuring smirk appeared on her face. “After that… we hope for the best.” Her voice suggested she wasn’t completely sure herself, but it was the only option. They would hope for the best and hopefully it would turn out alright.

Christian sat at the back of the RV, staring at the bloody marks on her fingers as he tried to keep the blood from dripping onto the floor with a washcloth. “Ugh…” he mumbled as Atlanta got down on one knee and inspected the wound. “So… now or never, right?” Christian reminded and she replied with a sigh.

“It’s gonna hurt a lot.” Atlanta deduced as she pulled out her combat knife. She held the knife in her hand for a second as she thought. “Set your hand on the counter and retract your other fingers.” He followed her instructions and extended his index and pointer fingers while he kept the others folded in his palm. He took a deep breath and tried to close his eyes, but he couldn’t keep them shut as he heard the noise of moaning. He straightened his back and looked out the front window of the RV.

“Oh fuck!” Christian exclaimed, looking at the rapidly approaching walkers as Josephine and Ashley busted through the door, soon followed by Daniel. “Well, we haven’t got all day!” He yelled to Atlanta as she suddenly started cutting into his fingers with a ton of force. much to his surprise. Jordan rushed to hold him down and keep a firm grip over his mouth. A muffled “Fuuuuuck!” Emanated from under Jordan’s hand as Christian mutter with painful screams while Atlanta cut through the bone.

It appeared to be done, Atlanta took a step back and Christian raised his head to his face. The two fingers hung off the newly made stumps by a tuft of skin. “Oh… my... god…” He mumbled as his eyes rolled in the back of his head and he grew limp, his eyes shutting completely and he fell backwards onto the floor. With him unconscious, Atlanta quickly finished removing the fingers while Ashley darted to a first aid kit sitting next to the driver’s seat and rushed back. Atlanta pulled some gauze and tape from it and immediately started covering the wound.

“Okay…” Atlanta mutter, emotionally exhausted. “Where’s Dan?” She asked worriedly as she looked around her and the two other women did the same. “Shit, he was just behind me!” Ashley yelled as she ran out of the RV and back to the rest stop. The walkers were about 20 feet away from the rest stop now and approaching.

“Shit!” Atlanta tiredly exclaimed as she followed Ashley. “Josie, check on Jerry and stay with him!” She called back as she followed after Ashley.

“Jesus Christ,” Josephine mumbled as she ran out of the RV and quickly darted towards the truck, where the walkers were just five feet away. She opened the passenger's door and slammed it behind her as she set next to Jerry, who seemed just as worried. “How can you sit still?” Josie muttered as she turned her entire body to look out of the back window.

“I’m shaking just as much as you are,” Jerry muttered in reply, “on the inside.” His expression worried as he look in the back mirror and spotted them, Atlanta, Daniel and Ashley at the rest stop door, but they weren’t moving. “Fuck…” Jerry exclaimed as he reached for the door handle to exit the truck.

“No, they’ll tear you apart!” Josephine yelled as she motioned to the walkers as they now walked passed the truck and to the RV, stopping him from moving by resting her hand on his arm. He frustratedly scoffed as he retracted his hand from the car door and bit his lip.

Jordan watched from the RV’s door, looking over Christian and the rest stop as she noticed Ashley pull out her pistol and preparing to shoot at a walker just feet away. “No! No shots!” She cried, her voice carrying through the walkers’ moans and grunts. Ashley heard her and reluctantly replaced her pistol with her knife and slammed it into the first walker’s head. But there were too many for just Atlanta and Ashley to handle. Instinctively, Jordan pulled her already bloodied knife and rushed out the RV door and carefully darted pass from of the approached walkers as they tried to grabbed hold of her, but she moved faster and smarter and as soon as she reached the others, she immediately slammed her knife into a walker’s skull that was proving too much for Atlanta.

She pulled the combat from the walker’s broken head with force as she spun around and delivered a powerful kick with the back of her combat boot into one of the approaching walkers, sending it tumbling into the rest, knocking some back a step and giving them a little more time.

They fell back into the boy’s restroom. Atlanta held the door open as Ashley rushed Daniel inside and quickly slammed the bathroom door closed as Jordan darted inside. She darted her eyes to the small metal lock of the door and quickly turned it shut.

Josephine and Jerry set at attention while several walkers banged and clawed at the glass windows, but most just walked by, not able to get a glimpse of the two people inside. While they walked past the RV, the door, fately falling open and closed by about half an inch whenever one of the walkers nudged it on it’s way by.

Despite all of the walkers, it was just a small picture of the true horror that was the big picture. They were more lucky than they could have imagined. Walkers, thousands of them, walked across the landscape for miles. It was a walking sea of the dead.

End of Chapter One: “Trauma.”

Next time...

"Fuck..." Christian mutter under his breath as he brought his left hand up to his forehead to wipe away sweat, but as he swept his hand across, it left behind a small strict of blood. His eyes widening at the sight of the missing fingers.

"What did you do?" Atlanta questioned with a expression of fear and anger. "What did you do..." she hissed a second time, her face covered with disbelief.

Ashley stood at the edge of a folding metal chair as she looked out the high windows in the bathroom. "How long is it going to take to pass?" She angrily scoffed as she watched the seemingly endless horde of dead shamble by.

Why did he leave... Why didn't he stay? Zayne stood with his arms slowly rising in the air as several men held their assorted rifles and pistols at him.

A familiar voice greeted Christian as the tall man left the tent. "You and your new friends really have a way at fucking stuff up..." The left half of his face was briefly illuminated by the dancing flames of the camp fire, revealing a burnt and scared area.

"Have you ever asked yourself... 'do I wanna know?'"

Chapter Two: "Among" - Coming soon

Beautiful Crime

• I kind of lied, I know, but that fact that we have new part makes up for that, right? Right? Nonetheless, I'm thinking about stuff and have a few things I want to start doing in real life. I'm going to continue posting parts, drawings and such in my own time, so probably not too often. I would like for people to speculate on things to come, maybe the chapter preview, it helps me get motivated when I have speculation on my plate.

Anyway, I'm just slowing down. That's all. Thank you for reading! :D

• That was an awesome chapter finale, I'm still shaking it was just so good. Glad that Josie is relatively safe. I also have to say I start to like Jordan a bit more now. I mean, most of my animosity towards her stemmed from the fact that every member of Zafir's group was little more to me than someone that needs to die, which has since slightly changed. I am also not so sure that she was the one who killed Dean anymore, since it has been revealed that not all of the mall group were involved in that. Anyways, I'm glad that everyone survived for now, though I am very worried for Jerry and Josie, who are basically trapped in that truck. Given Jerry's character development I could see him pulling a heroic sacrifice to get Josie to safety, which would probably devastate me and her likewise. However, in the end I hope that they are safe for a while inside of that truck, since only a few walkers are mentioned to even notice them. Since walkers aren't exactly known for their strength, I hope that they won't be able to break the glass.

I would like for people to speculate on things to come, maybe the chapter preview

And speculation you shall get! Allow me to me begin:

"Fuck..." Christian mutter under his breath as he brought his left hand up to his forehead to wipe away sweat, but as he swept his hand across, it left behind a small strict of blood. His eyes widening at the sight of the missing fingers.

Now... other than the fact that Christians amputation might also be part of the Trauma in this chapter, the fact that he sweats worries me. Maybe it's just from the stress and exhaustion, but it is known that the symptoms of infection can include sweating. Maybe it was too late to cut of the fingers and they should have gone for the whole hand. In any way, I hope it's just the exhaustion

"What did you do?" Atlanta questioned with a expression of fear and anger. "What did you do..." she hissed a second time, her face covered with disbelief.

Now, someone did something bad. At first I was worried that someone did something that caused the death of a group member, but I guess Atlanta would freak out far more in that case. Still, it's probably something very bad, albeit I don't think it involves Jerry and Josie, since the next part shows that this still takes place in the restroom. Maybe Christian or Dan do something stupid? Or maybe Jordan was the one responsible for Dean's death and chooses the worst moment ever to admit it. In anyway, I guess it will be something terrible, but probably nothing immediately terrible or too terrible, because despite being in disbelief, Atlanta seems to be too calm for that.

Ashley stood at the edge of a folding metal chair as she looked out the high windows in the bathroom. "How long is it going to take to pass?" She angrily scoffed as she watched the seemingly endless horde of dead shamble by.

The fact that Ashley doesn't seem to be worried about Jerry and Josie makes me a bit reliefed, because it likely means that they are still relatively safe in their truck. Albeit the fact that neither of them appears in the 'Next time' segment makes me still highly worried for both of them.

Why did he leave... Why didn't he stay? Zayne stood with his arms slowly rising in the air as several men held their assorted rifles and pistols at him.

So... the friendship between Zayne and Vince seems to encounter a few problems, namely Vince abandoning Zayne and Zayne getting captured by several men, probably the freaky cannibal people.

A familiar voice greeted Christian as the tall man left the tent. "You and your new friends really have a way at fucking stuff up..." The left half of his face was briefly illuminated by the dancing flames of the camp fire, revealing a burnt and scared area.

This might mean that my earlier speculation about Christian being infected was nonsense, since he is revealed to be alive here. This also makes me hope that the rest of the group survives the horde passing. This man clearly knows Christian. Maybe he is part of the mall group finally catching up to the group. My speculation for this stems from what he says, that his new friends have a way at fucking stuff up. This could relate to the group burning down the mall and giving Vincent his probably still well-deserved fate. If Two-Face here is part of the mall people, I think Clarice won't be far to enact her vengeance on Jerry. This on the other hand makes me believe that Jerry survives the horde for narrative reasons, which also gives me a bit more hope for Josie, since they are basically in the same situation.

...Yes? No? Maybe? It depends. Is it Josie related? Then I would answer 'Maybe', simply because I'm slightly scared. Is it related to someone else? Then I'd answer 'Yes', because everything is better than not knowing.

I'm going to continue posting parts, drawings and such in my own time, so probably not too often.

It's okay, take your time! This story is Awesome, with a capital A and even though I am helplessly addicted to it, there is stuff that should always come first. Like, real life stuff. As long as this story doesn't get put on hiatus I'm perfectly cool with every amount of waiting.

I kind of lied, I know, but that fact that we have new part makes up for that, right? Right? Nonetheless, I'm thinking about stuff and have

• edited April 2015

Well, this is some very insightful speculation! :D

Oh and the thing with Zayne is referring to him leaving Vincent's care at the cabin and going his own way. Like the choice at the end of his last part, where he choose what to do.

As much as I want to, I can't really comment on any of the other things you mentioned in fear of giving something away. But... anyway, thank you! :D

That was an awesome chapter finale, I'm still shaking it was just so good. Glad that Josie is relatively safe. I also have to say I start to

• That was a flipping amazing chapter end.

I kind of lied, I know, but that fact that we have new part makes up for that, right? Right? Nonetheless, I'm thinking about stuff and have

• Thank you Quality! :D

mr.quality posted: »

That was a flipping amazing chapter end.

• I guess you could say the ending was of amazing quality huehuehue

Thank you Quality!

• Awesome Chapter!

Chapter One: “Trauma” - Part 6: “Dry Tears.” The Marching Band Jordan pulled Christian along by the elbow as they ran down the road. H

• Excellent.

You took inspiration from the herd scene in Season 2 of the show I would assume? Cause that's exactly what this feels like.

And as Liquid said: Clarice is gonna want vengeance and gonna kill Jerry.

• Yup!

Thank you Quality!

• ...I see what you did there...

I guess you could say the ending was of amazing quality huehuehue

• muffled cheers from the background

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week

• Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week

...I see what you did there...

• edited April 2015

puts on sunglasses

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

• your avatar makes the whole sunglasses thing a whole lot better because a dog in sunglasses is just so great

I guess you could say the ending was of amazing quality huehuehue puts on sunglasses YEAHHHHHHHHHH

• Why did he leave... Why didn't he stay? Zayne stood with his arms slowly rising in the air as several men held their assorted rifles and pistols at him.

Don't you give up on Vince just yet Zayne!

Chapter One: “Trauma” - Part 6: “Dry Tears.” The Marching Band Jordan pulled Christian along by the elbow as they ran down the road. H

• tears fall

we made it

muffled cheers from the background

• cheering intensifies as the crowd stands clapping uncontrollably

tears fall we made it

• I actually never played Sam and Max but it's a dog in a suit carrying a gun..You can't go wrong there

your avatar makes the whole sunglasses thing a whole lot better because a dog in sunglasses is just so great

• Speculation time a okay

Like Liquid said, the sweating worries me but this could be as he first wakes back up so the stress and exhaustion could be the reason and I surely hope it is.

So judging by the scence under this one makes me suspect that maybe Dan took a gun and fired a shot but then again there are so many reasons she could be upset.

So here Ashley is upset and it makes me think even more that it was something Dan did or she could just be angry that Atlanta is yelling at whoever or she could just be angry to be angry.

Zayne is probably meeting the cannibals for the first time but judging from the several men and the no mention of Vincent makes me suspect that Vincent could jump to help out Zayne, bringing them closer as a group.

It seems like Christian and the left side of the body are often put together. His left hand lost two fingers which now that I think about it could mean something (which it probably does)

This is someone asking someone else this so we might meet a new person who finds out something that they probably never would want to know.

Anyway, I'm just slowing down.

Take your time and have fun! You've already done so much for us, thank you!

• Nothing could go wrong with that dog in a suit with a gun. Ever.

I actually never played Sam and Max but it's a dog in a suit carrying a gun..You can't go wrong there

• My first gig ever and this is the response. Love this crowd. So much. ;u;

cheering intensifies as the crowd stands clapping uncontrollably

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

I too use scenes for inspiration from the various Walking Dead mediums. (Carver smile) hint hint nunch nunch.

Do you read the comics? You can get some REAL good inspiration from there.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the chapter finale. Diffidently. I really loved that scene, so I decided to replicate it's premise, but on a much larger scale.

• I'm glad you've enjoyed the chapter finale.

Diffidently. I really loved that scene, so I decided to replicate it's premise, but on a much larger scale.

Excellent. You took inspiration from the herd scene in Season 2 of the show I would assume? Cause that's exactly what this feels like. And as Liquid said: Clarice is gonna want vengeance and gonna kill Jerry.

• I haven't really, but I've read summaries on each volume. But I have found out that it's on the same site where I read Fables, so I should really get started on them soon.

(Carver smile) hint hint nunch nunch.

I feel like I should understand that, but I don't and it scares me.

I too use scenes for inspiration from the various Walking Dead mediums. (Carver smile) hint hint nunch nunch. Do you read the comics? You can get some REAL good inspiration from there.

• I feel like I should understand that, but I don't and it scares me.

I'm just going to quote my favorite Carver quote...

"and how is it that we're repaid with our trust? With treachery...? With deceit? With theft! . . . Whatever you were planning is over...it's done. You can't just run from your problems. You can't just up and leave when it gets tough...'cause there's nowhere else you can go where it ain't. Tough is all we got, now. Get that through your fuckin' skulls."

I haven't really, but I've read summaries on each volume. But I have found out that it's on the same site where I read Fables, so I should r

• Ooh, that's a pretty awesome quote.

Mac... Does this have something to do with Mac? D:

I feel like I should understand that, but I don't and it scares me. I'm just going to quote my favorite Carver quote... "and how

• Some things are more than meet the eye.

Ponder on that.

Ooh, that's a pretty awesome quote. Mac... Does this have something to do with Mac?

• Does that mean he's a good guy? ;-;

Some things are more than meet the eye. Ponder on that.

• Alt text

Look somewhere else.

Does that mean he's a good guy? ;-;

• This just makes me ever more confused XD

Look somewhere else.

• Devils in Angel's Clothing.

This just makes me ever more confused XD

• Cause it's confusing you.

But what does that have to do with the spinning circles? XD

• But what does that have to do with the spinning circles? XD

Devils in Angel's Clothing.

• Well, it did it's job quite well then.

:P

Cause it's confusing you.

• 'We love you too!' The crowd chants. Suddenly you hear a collective gasp a some one throws a shoe at you. 'I love you!' The figure shouts as they exit the building. Their identity is still unknown, even to this day...

Well, I made this awkward enough...

My first gig ever and this is the response. Love this crowd. So much. ;u;

• edited April 2015

Walks out of the building with a missing shoe, but stops and looks down at his striped sock. "I should have thrown the sock too," I think in silence, then continue walking.

'We love you too!' The crowd chants. Suddenly you hear a collective gasp a some one throws a shoe at you. 'I love you!' The figure shouts as

Sign in to comment in this discussion.