What Decision Did You Make at Dinner and Why?

The four options are

A.) Attack.
B.) Call His Bluff.
C.) Beg For Mercy.
D.) Agree to His Deal.

I chose to Call His Bluff first because I knew he wouldn't risk Gryff's life by killing Ryon. He wouldn't have gotten so angry in the first place if he didn't care about him and it seemed like the most logical, and yet daring choice to make (other than Attack, and everyone here knows how that ends).

What choice did you make and why?

Comments

• At that moment, when Ludd threatened Ryon and everyone looked ready to strike, I was starting to fear the worse. I was thinking "What the fuck am I supposed to do to stop this?!" I first saw the [Attack] option and was gonna choose it, but then I thought, "No, wait. That'd be too easy." Then I saw [Call his bluff]. With what Gwyn said about a Whitehill is a Whitehill, I figured that be my best bet and went for it. I got a lil scared at first, but then I was very relieved after Ludd let Ryon go.

• I chose "Attack" out of panic at first, because he had my baby brother! Then when I tried again, I went with "call his bluff" because like said above, I remembered what Gwyn said, and I knew Ludd cared for his kids.

• At first I chose "Attack", mainly because I panicked with having everyone yelling at me during that decision XD. After that, I chose "Call his bluff." out of curiosity of what the outcome would be lol, and because something in my gut just told me it was the right choice.

• I knew that attacking him would be suicidal as soon as I saw it, and didn't want to lose face by begging or agreeing to his atrociously one sided deal, so I called his bluff. Worked like a charm.

• Well I picked attack only because I had the Glenmores with me I wouldn't have dared pick attack if I didn't have them, then I picked call his bluff because Ludd may be a prick but he's not a monster I didn't think he'd kill Ryon I did have doubts though so it was quite the risky move.

• Attack. If only they kept it as an actual choice :(

• I called his bluff because I had already passed the point of no return when I had the Glenmores kill anyone that moves and nearly beat Gryff to death.

• I ate my food.

What else would you do in a dinner?

• I don't really see myself as the characters I control in this game so. I chose "attack" due it seemed "logical" but after so called "elite" failed like an amateurs I chose "bluff" as it was obviously the choice game wanted me to make.

• Called the bluff because Gwyn couldn't keep her mouth shut. I knew he wasn't going to "A Whitehill is still a Whitehill"

• I originally chose [Attack], but after seeing how well that turned out, I went with [Call his bluff] after what Gwyn told me.

• I begged for mercy.....nah, just kidding. I called his bluff.

• I attacked first, Im starting to get to a point where I feel like I just need to kill everyone to fix my problems, but because you know, that ends the game, I then called his bluff

• I called his bluff.

• DAMN RIGHT

I ate my food. What else would you do in a dinner?

• I agree completely. As if i'm going to agree to that shit deal. The Whitehills 'Brought this on themselves!', as Ludd would say. ( that should've been one of the dialogue options IMO ) Fuck 'em.

And beg for mercy? Really? Over my dead body.

I'm almost at the point where i would willingly sacrifice Ryon if it would give me the opportunity to murder all the Whitehills in their sleep.

Rock114 posted: »

I knew that attacking him would be suicidal as soon as I saw it, and didn't want to lose face by begging or agreeing to his atrociously one sided deal, so I called his bluff. Worked like a charm.

• Well, I chose to Call His Bluff. I was tempted to choose Attack, but I wasn't going to be the one to break Guess-rights, and the other two options would make me seem weak. Plus, from what Gwyn said, and Ludd's initial reaction to Gryff's capture, I decided to risk calling the bluff.

• I called his bluff which worked quite well so I'm happy.

Did anyone agree or beg for mercy? I'm curious to how that turned out.

• How does it play out when you accept the deal?

javoris767 posted: »

I'm probably the only one who accepted his deal.. I was so blind to the fact that there were four options, so I only saw [Attack] and [Accept His Deal]

• edited May 2015

Called his bluff.

I knew from the conversation Rodrik had with Gwyn about the painting that Ludd cared for all of his family, including Gryff. The choice to attack the Whitehills was tempting if only because any option to attack the Whitehills would be tempting...but I knew that would end in Rodrik dead. There were too many crossbowmen, they had the high ground, and Rodrik had no cover.

• edited May 2015

I'm probably the only one who accepted his deal.. I was so blind to the fact that there were four options, so I only saw [Attack] and [Accept His Deal]

• You accept his ironwood deal, but Rodrik also tells him only if he does the trade. Then moves on like the others

Scaeva posted: »

How does it play out when you accept the deal?

• I chose ATTACK mainly out of curiosity. It was a cool nod to the red wedding

• I ceased to function (Carlos).

At that moment, when Ludd threatened Ryon and everyone looked ready to strike, I was starting to fear the worse. I was thinking "What the fu

• edited May 2015

At first I attacked because seriously, who does he think he is. When that didn't go so well and people around me started dying I panicked, insta-shut down the game and went back to call his bluff.
    No way I'm going to beg him for mercy, though.

• Accepted the deal. It's probably not the best choice, but I was in a panic and I basically picked the first option that seemed okay for me.

• Well if you choose attack and you brought Ser Royland along, you get to see that big blustering oaf take an axe straight to the face, so that was pretty satisfying. Unfortunately, Lord Whitehill's soldiers...well, let's just say they take exception to that sort of thing.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I agree completely. As if i'm going to agree to that shit deal. The Whitehills 'Brought this on themselves!', as Ludd would say. ( that shou

• You all are way too careless with the life of your lil brother. I accepted the deal. There will be time to work out how to screw him over later.

• Ok seems like I am the only one who begged for mercy

lmao I panicked because there was no time at all and I didn't want to attack knowing that it would go down and Ryon could die. So I just begged for mercy lmao and I expected myself being humiliated and forced to fall down on my knees but I'm glad that it all ended up okay and it wasn't that bad :D

• I did choose the attack option at first. And while the first few moments were great.... it very quickly turned. But at least we tried right?

• Called his bluff. I panicked inside when I clicked, hehe... but it all worked out! I just remembered what Gwyn said earlier and thought to myself,"Wait... I don't actually think Ludd means what he says...". Then I played it again just to see the [Attack] option and it was amazingly done! I'm sure I'd have died inside if I saw it without knowing though ;)

• I attacked just because I was so sick of his bull and I just wanted him gone since he was a huge part to our family's problems.

• I called his bluff because it seemed like the most logical choice for the writers to have made as the best option of the four.

Yeah, really boring way of looking at it, but that's why.

• I chose attack a chance to take out Ludd was worth it. I then called his bluff I thought it would work because Ludd cares about Gryff and I could use that against him.

• I called his bluff. What Gwynn told us seemed truthful.

• I took the deal, too. I guess it's all been rendered pointless now that you know who is back plus we no longer have a valuable hostage for leverage.

Accepted the deal. It's probably not the best choice, but I was in a panic and I basically picked the first option that seemed okay for me.

• Duncan also throws the axe if you bring him.

• edited June 2015

I agreed to his deal because I was shocked and had a mild panic... but right after I clicked I was like "damn... I should've clicked fucking bluff"
    Oh well, at least Ryon's free... kinda
    EDIT: I replayed the episode and clicked the bluff option lol XD

• edited June 2015

Called His Bluff "A Whitehill is still a Whitehill."

• Accepted the deal in a moment of panic because I really didn't want to see another Forrester die. Regretted it afterwards, though.

I really liked the way they managed to create a sense of urgency, seeing as I am not the only one to freak out with this choice. Between this and King's Landing, I would be terrible in this world.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.