Who do you think is the traitor?

Personally, I think it's Duncan. Every time we have an encounter with the Whitehills he always wants to give them what they want, he's facial expressions don't help much either. Royland seems way too loyal to betray House Forrester and the maester seems too obvious. I originally thought it was Lady Forrester but I'm sure it's Duncan now.

Comments

• This guy!

Alt text

Wait! Wrong universe, oops...

• Since both Duncan and Royland were willing to attack and kill Ludd Whitehill that seems to rule them out as the traitors. The Maester seems the most likely, he might even be a Ludd's son, but maybe he's to obvious at this point like a red herring. Lady Forrestor is my main suspect, sure in the trailer for episode 5 Rodrick says "I can't believe I trusted him." But that may be put there to fool you into thinking he's referring to the traitor.

• I agree, when he says that I thought it was about the traitor but then again it could be about Ludd Whitehill and the trade. As for the maester being his son? it's a good theory but a little farfetched. Guess we'll just have to wait patiently for episode 5

Since both Duncan and Royland were willing to attack and kill Ludd Whitehill that seems to rule them out as the traitors. The Maester seems

• I'm pretty sure he's joking.

• Thank you for the spoilers, asshole ! Just when I was about to finally watch these Star Wars movies everyone is talking about, was actually right back from the VHS rental store with the trilogy and everything ! I hate you.

Cody_nara posted: »

This guy! Wait! Wrong universe, oops...

• In the preview we see Roderick holding a note and saying how could he do this to me?
    So we know it is a He....

• Ethan's corpse

• Of course I am. Good one Cody-nara by the way, made me laugh.

And by the way you might have nailed it without thinking about it, cause the traitor might very well be similar to Lando, his betrayal motivated only by dire necessity or blackmailing in the first place, and when fully realizing the consequences, suddenly remorseful and willing to do his best to right the wrongs he committed.

Cody_nara posted: »

I'm pretty sure he's joking.

• edited June 2015

It might be either Royland or Duncan..from now.

sunfell posted: »

In the preview we see Roderick holding a note and saying how could he do this to me? So we know it is a He....

• also it can't be mother as well

Since both Duncan and Royland were willing to attack and kill Ludd Whitehill that seems to rule them out as the traitors. The Maester seems

• or its not even about the traitor we don't know, it could be about the son for a brother switch

sunfell posted: »

In the preview we see Roderick holding a note and saying how could he do this to me? So we know it is a He....

• Lando payed his dues, damnit

Of course I am. Good one Cody-nara by the way, made me laugh. And by the way you might have nailed it without thinking about it, cause th

• I'm leaning towards it being Duncan because he's the smartest guy there and he's been doing things behind both Ethan and Rodrik's backs. At one point I considered the possibility of it being Elissa but not anymore so it's gotta be either Duncan or Ortengryn. I actually have a theory that the traitor is actually a spy for the Boltons feeding them info on both the Forresters and Whitehills.

• Numbered by likeliness, I'm thinking:

1. Maester Ortengryn
    2. Duncan
    3. Lady Forrester
    4. Royland
  • Alt text

Of course I am. Good one Cody-nara by the way, made me laugh. And by the way you might have nailed it without thinking about it, cause th

• I don't think it's:
    Lady Forrestor - she keeps family first
    Duncan - I'm probably wrong but although his advice can seem shady they're still quite good

I think it might be:
    Maester Ortengryn - Maesters are fitting for spies
    Royland - why didn't he provide men and himself when Ramsay visited?

• Lady Forrester she's a classic case of Catelyn.

• edited June 2015

I cant believe I trusted him could honestly mean I cant believe I trusted Arthur Gleanmore what a sick a dismal twist it would be if gleanmores cut a deal with ramsay snow the gleanmore's would get iron wrath they already know were weak right now they know the whitehills have put a lot of time and effort and valuable resources getting ready to screw over the foresters and aren't prepared to go up against the gleanmores backed by Bolton's the boltons would take a deal like this for one reason you give the gleanmores a few hundred soliders to fight the whitehill army the whitehills with there new army of sell swords would wear down the gleanmore forces on the field of battle the whitehills funds will dry up paying sell sword wages now the sell swords leave the fight with no money to be made so our go over to the gleanmore Bolton alliance now the gleanmores wipe out the white hills and the Bolton's double cross the gleanmores taking all 3 strongholds in the land in one fell swoop

• RIP punctuation.

violantj posted: »

I cant believe I trusted him could honestly mean I cant believe I trusted Arthur Gleanmore what a sick a dismal twist it would be if gleanmo

• I keep thinking that the traitor has to be the person who has the most to gain from an alliance with the Whitehills. The way I see it, Duncan and the Maester have the most to gain...then again, I just really want it to be the Measter, because I could actually stomach his betrayl. But then I remember that it's GoT, so the traitor is probably my Sentinel, and the most beloved protagonist will probably die at the end of the season. Why do I put myself through this?

• It's probably Talia.

• Does everything go down the same exact way if you bring either Duncan or Royland with you? Or any difference if the Glenmore archers come as well?

• apology for poor english

when were you when puncuaction dies

i was at sat at home waitng for boarderlands episoeds 3

'puncuaction is die'

'no'

RIP punctuation.

• Yeah, it could also be Mira sending Rodrik a note informing him of the guy, forgot his name, gathering an army for Ludd in King's Landing... Although it's not really that much of a surprise given the circumstances.

ClemenLee posted: »

or its not even about the traitor we don't know, it could be about the son for a brother switch

• Yeah it's pretty much the same If you bring Duncan or Royland. I heard if you bring the Glenmores with you Arthur and his men will still attack but everyone still dies

pcharl01 posted: »

Does everything go down the same exact way if you bring either Duncan or Royland with you? Or any difference if the Glenmore archers come as well?

• Deez nuts

Just kidding.

I think it's Duncan. The mother was ruled out for me when she wanted the ravens killed and I don't see why Gryff would beat the crap out of his own spy (Maester). I still have a hard time seeing Royland as the traitor as well

• It can't be Arthur. He wants to bang Roderick.

• It's YOU.

Yes YOU, reading this right now.

YOU'RE the traitor on the Forrester's council.

Think about it. Who else was present at the council meeting where they decided to expel Gryff/save Ryon? That's right. YOU.

Who is the one who stands the most to gain from the entertaining and suspenseful plot twist derived from the treachery? YOU.

And most importantly...who is the only one who witnessed the meeting who no-one else at the meeting was aware of? I'll give you a clue; it starts with Y and ends with OU.

Admit it, you Whitehill scum. You've been leaking secrets to Highpoint, haven't you? We're all on to you.

• Alt text

ranger563 posted: »

It's YOU. Yes YOU, reading this right now. YOU'RE the traitor on the Forrester's council. Think about it. Who else was present at t

• What if? and I'm just bullshitting it here! That Gwyn Whitehill is lying and she's the traitor and Ludd's just a great predictor!

• R+L=G (as in Gryff. BOOM DEAL WITH DA TWIST)

cgilkey posted: »

I agree, when he says that I thought it was about the traitor but then again it could be about Ludd Whitehill and the trade. As for the maes

• edited June 2015

Lord Stoneheart, serving the salt and bread of justice

Ethan's corpse

• So maybe two traitos and they're Gwyn and Duncan?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm leaning towards it being Duncan because he's the smartest guy there and he's been doing things behind both Ethan and Rodrik's backs. At

• Maybe to make us less suspicious of him. "That guy can't be a spy, Gryff beat him up!"

Deez nuts Just kidding. I think it's Duncan. The mother was ruled out for me when she wanted the ravens killed and I don't see why Gry

• edited June 2015

It's Talia. She is a spy for the Boltons, feeding them info on all of us so senpai Ramsay will notice her. Ultimately her plan works and she changes her name to Myranda. You spend the entirety of season 2 playing as a badass, one-eyed version of Ryon trying to avenge your dead family members (spoiler: you fail and set sail to become a priest of the red god and learn how to bring your loved one s back).

ranger563 posted: »

It's YOU. Yes YOU, reading this right now. YOU'RE the traitor on the Forrester's council. Think about it. Who else was present at t

• I Don't Think She's In The High Council.

prink34320 posted: »

It's probably Talia.

• IMO

I think its one of two Maester or dunkan

dunkan sent gared to the wall and insisted he knew something more than anyone :)

• Funny Idea: The traitor is your chosen Sentinel (or the dissapointed Non-Sentinel)... So whatever scenario you play, the traitor is someone different.

• Me when people suggest someone else but Maester Ortengryn to be the traitor:

Alt text

• yeah, he has TRAITOR written all over his face...

MsDanceALot posted: »

Me when people suggest someone else but Maester Ortengryn to be the traitor:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.