Game Of Thrones Season 5 episode 9 Discussion/Season finale predictions

so I guess everyone probably hates Stannis now and he is no longer the Mannis lol. I can't believe that dick listened to Melisandre and burned Shireen alive. Now I honestly don't know if I want Stannis to win the battle for the north. My guess is Brienne is going to kill him in the next episode or sometime in season 6.

Changed title and also added my predictions for the season finale below:

Let's see predictions for the season finale:

*Arya kills Meryn Trant and saves Lord Tyrell

*Brienne kills Stannis and rescues Sansa and Theon

*Ramsay or Roose Dies (doubtful)

*Cersei takes her walk of shame

*"For the watch"(a certain big scene with Jon)

*Jorah's fate (have a feeling they could save it for season 6)

*Dany goes to the ruins of Valaryia and maybe resolution on who the leader of the Harpies is

*Maybe a quick scene at Dorne with Ellaria doing something maybe she kills Doran?

*Davo's tries to kill the Melisandre?

Also holding out some small hope that Lady Stineheart still shows up xD. The episode is called Mother's Mercy and GRRM has said he wishes she was in the show. I could also see the episode ending on a small glimpse of what Bran has been doing this whole season.

Comments

• edited June 2015

The ending was cringeworthy.

Edit: watched it again, it looked a lot better. There was just one shot that I let get to me.

Another edit: just before Hizdar gets stabbed, was Daario about to kill him but the Harpies did the job for him? He got that opportunistic look.

• How so?

The ending was cringeworthy. Edit: watched it again, it looked a lot better. There was just one shot that I let get to me. Another ed

• I felt sick after watching the Shireen scene and I didn't feel like watching the rest of the ep ;-[

But I did anyways

• They did a good job of incorporating that scene from the book, I thought.

The ending was cringeworthy. Edit: watched it again, it looked a lot better. There was just one shot that I let get to me. Another ed

• edited June 2015

I Kept screaming "Dont do it! Dont do it!" Ive never been a Stannis fan but I thought he had some decency. His crazy wife even came to her senses.

dexnerxc posted: »

I felt sick after watching the Shireen scene and I didn't feel like watching the rest of the ep ;-[ But I did anyways

• Cuz this dude has an irrational intense hatred of Daenerys and complains about whatever scenes feature her.

How so?

• Fuck Stannis.

• I was watching Ep9 on my laptop. After the Shireen scene, I just sat there frozen for a good minute with a tear streaming down my face.

Then I proceeded to grab a hold of my headset and I threw it across the room. It's not fair! Why do I torture myself by watching this masterpiece of a show?!

• The real actor on cgi dragon didn't look good to me.

How so?

• This was not a good episode for little girls. I have never been a fan of Stannis, in fact I only liked him because Davos is my favorite character, but now I wouldn't mind at all if Brienne tried to kill him.

I did enjoy the How To Train Your Dragon ending, though.

• Yeah it caught me off guard a couple times. It was a lot more brutal than what I remember from the book.

KCohere posted: »

They did a good job of incorporating that scene from the book, I thought.

• Stannis wants to win the war more than being a father for his child. Ramsey put him into desperation and forego his conviction to his daughter. I guess he is ambitious about the throne. Fuck him. Fuck Seleyce (sp?) to with that last minute change of heart shit. Why did they wait for the last minute to give Lord Doran some lines? Outside of seeing Tyene's titties, this is the most engaged I've been in Dorne. I'm hoping Doran has some clandestine plot we don't know about yet. Good riddance to Hizdar. I guess the marriage to Dany did not appease the Harpy. Welcome back Drogon! I wonder why Ja'qen did not press Arya about not killing the thin man especially if he always sensed she could not let go of Arya.

• Lol my completely rational intense hatred for Daenerys is not what I was talking about. I did roll my eyes when she called out her now ex-fiance for never being in a fight but other than that it was probably my favorite Daenerys scene up until she got on Drogon. Just didn't look good at all to me.

Cuz this dude has an irrational intense hatred of Daenerys and complains about whatever scenes feature her.

• I already disliked Stannis, so now I kind of hate him. But it was good to see Selyse actually cared and tried to stop it, made me not hate her.

The unsullied keep on unimpressing me lately. The fearless ultimate army keep on getting their butts kicked! Though while everyone was surrounded I thought "You know what they could use now? A dragon!"

Also I now ship Dany and Missandei.

• It didn't even make sense. Stannis held out in Storm's End eating fuckin' rats until Davos smuggled food in. Suddenly, despite having about 100 horses worth of meat, he just decides to immediately burn Shireen.

I Kept screaming "Dont do it! Dont do it!" Ive never been a Stannis fan but I thought he had some decency. His crazy wife even came to her senses.

• edited June 2015

Shireen's burning had made me more sick than the Ramsey rape. I don't think any future death can make me feel any worse, even if it were Arya, Jon, or Tyrion.

****************************With the last episode titled Mother's Mercy, what is Seleyce's role be in all this?"******************************************************

• edited June 2015

I don't understand how people couldn't see this coming, or that it wasn't already in Stannis's mind before this episode. Melisandre was giving reminders every other episode that "a King's blood" is both flammable and powerful, and he's seen (what he thinks, I guess debate is there) examples of its power.

He's backed into a corner and forced to choose between his personal feelings and his duty as a king. In the end, there really is only one choice for him, and Dillane does an excellent job showing his conflict this episode.

The earlier story about how he told everyone to go to hell when they said Shireen should be sent away differs in a major way. At that point, Stannis was Robert's brother, and not his heir, let alone (in his mind) the monarch. In this scenario, he can't march forward, he can't retreat, he's out of supplies in a endless winter attempting to siege a castle with no siege equipment against a force that knows the land and the weather better. HE HAS NO OPTIONS. His only recourse is to trust in the words of a priest who (for one reason or another) has been correct in every major decision. It certainly isn't a easy choice, but that is what separates Stannis from the rest. He has always been about putting duty before everything else, and in this episode, he proved it, despite how much it hurt him. He's lost a brother-in-law, a brother, thousands of men, loyal servants, and now his daughter because he believes its necessary for his duty.

Christ above, I swear some of these people are watching a different show.

At least in the books it'll be Mel and Selyse doing it without Stannis' approval, since they're still at the Wall while Stannis is marching. Having Stannis do it makes good TV drama, however.

• I also just want to add this is how I watched this weeks episode. Alt text

The little guy was really into it.

• Not good for horses either. They were on fire!

LoseMyHome posted: »

This was not a good episode for little girls. I have never been a fan of Stannis, in fact I only liked him because Davos is my favorite char

• It wasnt about starving. The Red Witch convinced him that this was the only way to win, which he cares about more than anything. I should have seen it coming, he already murdered his little brother. And when he sent Davos away, who would have stopped it for sure, i knew something was up.

LeFedore posted: »

It didn't even make sense. Stannis held out in Storm's End eating fuckin' rats until Davos smuggled food in. Suddenly, despite having about 100 horses worth of meat, he just decides to immediately burn Shireen.

• Well, I mean, in the books, Arya calls herself CAT of the Canals, instead of Lera or Lana or whatever she called herself in the show. Mainly because, y'know, Catelyn.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I also just want to add this is how I watched this weeks episode. The little guy was really into it.

• Between Ramsay, Melisandre, and Drogon, a lot of things were on fire.

Not good for horses either. They were on fire!

• You should have seen him durring the fighting pits scene. Watching on my shoulder, hiding when it got too intense....

Well, I mean, in the books, Arya calls herself CAT of the Canals, instead of Lera or Lana or whatever she called herself in the show. Mainly because, y'know, Catelyn.

• Im watching the same show as you are and im disgusted with Stannis and his endless trust in the witch. Doesnt he have a duty to his child? He doesnt have to pursue the throne but in his mind, he's king and thats all there is to it. To stand there with that stone face and listen to his daughter's agonized screams, i dont know how he lives with himself after this.

I don't understand how people couldn't see this coming, or that it wasn't already in Stannis's mind before this episode. Melisandre was givi

• edited June 2015

Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder.
    -Stannis, ADWD.

Lol, let's burn my daughter.
    -Stannis, S5E9

Im watching the same show as you are and im disgusted with Stannis and his endless trust in the witch. Doesnt he have a duty to his child? H

• edited June 2015

Alt text

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Holy shit! That was a great ep. So now we're at the season finale. This season feels so short to me . I don't want it to end...

• Drogon vs Toothless Daenerys Targaryen vs Hiccup

Lol my completely rational intense hatred for Daenerys is not what I was talking about. I did roll my eyes when she called out her now ex-f

• goddamn it. i knew it would happen but i just didnt want to see it... honestly i thought maybe selyce would he the one that would kinda do it behind stannis back, so the hold time there was a stannis scence i was "dont it.. dont it stannis.... stanni no... dont" goddamn it.... i actually paused the video when they were burning shireen. that one hurt. i was atleast hoping to see at least a couple of tears on stannis or watery eyes.. shit hes cold.

• FUCKSTANNIS

• Me @ Stannis right now:

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Just when D&D was doing so well with Stannis...but I guess that had to end sooner or later...

• edited June 2015

I'm absolutely distraught. I was crying, I was in hysterics.

I was never a fan of Stannis but I thought he at least had some sense of decency. Now I'm hoping Ramsay flays them all.

I had some respect for him but it's gone. I wish Dravos had saved Shireen and I hope he finally leaves Stannis.

I honestly hope Ramsay flays them, and the witch gets burnt at the stake.

• Meryn Trant gonna die.

• He won't, not if I have my way. If I do, he'll be flayed by Ramsay Snow along with his army for not stepping in or stopping them.

But we could never be so lucky. With our luck he'll win the Iron Throne.

Im watching the same show as you are and im disgusted with Stannis and his endless trust in the witch. Doesnt he have a duty to his child? H

• I didn't watch the after show video yet, but people are saying GRRM talked them into it. Is that true?

It seems to not have been their idea according to the after the show video.

• It seems to not have been their idea according to the after the show video.

Just when D&D was doing so well with Stannis...but I guess that had to end sooner or later...

• This is probably the worst episode of GoT I've seen yet to be honest.
    And it's mostly all due to Dany's Scenes.

The Sons of Harpy suddenly come out in infinite number after their numerous defeats over the season?
    Jorah fights 100% perfectly even after all the wounds he recieved during the contest?
    The Sons Of Harpy is stand around and watch their friends get killed by two soldiers and Jorah and Dany's "fling"?
    Dany just abandons everyone she cares about on the back of a dragon?
    Also, why isnt Tyrion "washed up" yet? gotten a shave? new clothes? Dont you think she'd want her advisor to look decent?

• It seems it was his idea, which might foreshadow what happens in the next books.

I didn't watch the after show video yet, but people are saying GRRM talked them into it. Is that true?

• Well I can't root for show!Stannis anymore, not after that. Best would be if he just died at Battle of Winterfell. ...Doesn't change anything when it comes to books though! :p I guess I'll just root for Jon in the show (yes, I know FTW).

Arya sucks at being no one, that's all I say about her :D I expected there to be a little more from the Wall, Sam didn't even tell Jon about maester Aemon yet. Dorne was okay, Doran is easily the best character of that storyline. I wonder what was Ellaria trying to achieve whit her chat with Jaime, was she doing it in Doran's orders? And looks like we'll have a Dornishman on the small council again next season. Overall this season of Dorne feels like it's only build up with no climax - of course we have one episode left. About the Shireen burning - as much as I didn't want to see that happen, the scene still was pretty well made I have to admit it.

Daznak's Pit was great. Not as epic as Hardhome but very good. It was amazing to see Drogon go crazy, and I expect it was even more awesome for those who didn't know this would happen :)

9/10

Sign in to comment in this discussion.