Stannis is still the Mannis

Despite what some people call horrific burning of Shireen, he is the One True King, despite what you believe about him. Josef Stalin once said, "To make an omelet, you need to break a few eggs." Stannis, after taking losses from the Bastard of Bolton, needed to this.

Alt text

His claim is strong, he has his army, and he can lead. Only an united Westeros will prevail against the Fire & Ice.

Anyhow:

Alt text

Alt text

What do you think of Stannis Baratheon, the One True King?

Comments

• edited June 2015

I don't think he's the one true king but I definitely he's the best option out of all the others right now. And I don't get why so many of the Stannis fanboys all jumped on their hate bandwagon against Stannis, makes no sense. Yes he sacrificed Shireen, but he only did it because he felt he had no other choice. Why should he risk all the lives of everyone with him when he can take the chance of sacrificing one to secure most of their lives?

• Alt text

I'll tell you what I think of Stannis Baratheon, he's a bully and a cheater. He kills his younger brother using a dark magic because he couldn't get it done in a fair fight. He bullied his way into the war of the Blackwater Bay and lost. I've never liked Stannis.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Do I think Stannis would burn his daughter for the crown? No.

Do I think he would do so because he feels he's the only one who can unite Westeros against the white walkers? Yes.

The difference between selfish pursuits and his belief of the greater good for the realm.

•  Stannis fanboys all jumped on their hate bandwagon against Stannis

Never liked Stannis but at leat these "fan boys" are seeing sense against Stannis "Bastard Back Stabber Barbarian" Baratheon

Green613 posted: »

I don't think he's the one true king but I definitely he's the best option out of all the others right now. And I don't get why so many of t

• Nah, he says he'd do anything besides killing his daughter but he doesn't even bother to explore other options.

• edited June 2015

Let's see should I root for the torture, rapist, and killers of the Starks or do I root for the guy that kills his own brother and burns his child and other innocents to death? That's a tough one.

• edited June 2015

Sounds like you really need R'hllor in your life.

Alt text

Clemenem posted: »

I'll tell you what I think of Stannis Baratheon, he's a bully and a cheater. He kills his younger brother using a dark magic because he coul

• What other way? Tell us about this other way.

Nah, he says he'd do anything besides killing his daughter but he doesn't even bother to explore other options.

• edited June 2015

I agree. Stannis is very similar to Joseph Stalin.

• edited June 2015

Super radical thread, bro.

Alt text

We march to victory, or we march to defeat. But we go forward. Only forward. Praise R'hllor.

• Gendry. Daenerys. He was just at Castle Black where the Mad King's brother lives (even if he is dead now). I bet Robert has bastards around from his war battle days. What about the stillborns his wife keeps in those jars? If it were my daughter I'd actually put in some damn effort, no matter how monumental the other way might be.

What other way? Tell us about this other way.

• Alt text

Clemenem posted: »

Stannis fanboys all jumped on their hate bandwagon against Stannis Never liked Stannis but at leat these "fan boys" are seeing sense against Stannis "Bastard Back Stabber Barbarian" Baratheon

None of those work. All of Robert's bastards would either be dead or gone. Aemon is dead. The stillborns are dead and nowhere near them.

Gendry. Daenerys. He was just at Castle Black where the Mad King's brother lives (even if he is dead now). I bet Robert has bastards around

• I'm still on his side, but only just. He is still the only person that can end the Bolton's, the worst family in the history of Westeros, at least the Lannisters have some decent family members. He still is probably the least awful choice, who else do I pick? Tommen? The weak little king that can't even save his wife and brother in law? Roose Bolton? The man who killed his king for gain? And whose son is one of the most despicable human beings ever put to celluloid? Littlefingers? The man who started a war between five kings to gain a better position in the world? Dany? A naive girl with unpredictable monsters that has the potential to lose self control like her father? Or, a stern commander that is tough but fair, but did kill his only child in order to possibly save thousands? Yeah, still the best choice despite everything, let's just hope he wins, I hope that horrible sacrifice was worth it, I really really do. If her death results in the end of the Bolton's, and stopping the White Walkers, then it might have been worth it, one can only hope.

• Gendry is currently still rowing in who-the-fuck-knows-where and Daenerys is on an entirely different continent. Plus, how in R'hllor's name would you go about burning stillborn fetuses? (That are still on Dragonstone, btw.)

His supplies and siege weaponry were just destroyed and his entire army is starving, freezing to death and deserting him at an increasing rate. Without a sacrifice of someone with king's blood, his cause is lost and his entire effort is for nothing. In doing this he has saved countless lives and will actually have his chance to march against the Boltons, kill them and take back Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_q2wBzT6uU

Gendry. Daenerys. He was just at Castle Black where the Mad King's brother lives (even if he is dead now). I bet Robert has bastards around

• He had no idea Aemon is dead. We also don't know if Robert has other bastards, I don't think they would all be in King's Landing considering he traveled around Westeros and whored for decades. It's very likely he has bastards in other places. That also still leaves Daenerys.

HiroVoid posted: »

None of those work. All of Robert's bastards would either be dead or gone. Aemon is dead. The stillborns are dead and nowhere near them.

• That's still under the belief that he has the right to the throne, which I don't even agree with. To me, he basically killed his daughter because a hot magic lady told him it was for the greater good when it actually means nothing.

Gendry is currently still rowing in who-the-fuck-knows-where and Daenerys is on an entirely different continent. Plus, how in R'hllor's name

That goes under the belief he's doing this for the throne and not because he thinks he's the only one who can prepare Westeros for the white walkers. It's important to remember Stannis and his group is the only ones who know the white walkers are a threat.

That's still under the belief that he has the right to the throne, which I don't even agree with. To me, he basically killed his daughter because a hot magic lady told him it was for the greater good when it actually means nothing.

• edited June 2015

Oh, yeah? Who has more of a claim than him? Line of succession clearly dictates that he should be on the throne. The Targaryens gave away all of their rights to it and were overthrown.

And don't even get me started on the Lannister children. If they were anymore inbred they would be sandwiches.

R'hllor is real and the power is real, ok? It's still real to me, damnit. It got rid of Robb, Joffrey and... wait, where the fuck's Balon?

That's still under the belief that he has the right to the throne, which I don't even agree with. To me, he basically killed his daughter because a hot magic lady told him it was for the greater good when it actually means nothing.

• edited June 2015

Alt text

I'll always be horrified by what happened to Shireen, but I'm still on Stannis the Mannis' side. He's the best pick for the Iron Throne compared to every other contender. Not very happy with how D&D has portrayed Stannis, because I just don't see him yielding to Melisandre and allowing her to burn Shireen alive, but I do see Melisandre going behind Stannis' back and killing Shireen without him knowing. Which is how I'm speculating it will go down in the books. Anyways, ditch the Red Bitch the minute she's no longer useful, and we'll be solid.

• I don't see how the Targaryens don't have the right. If Robert overthrew them and was able to be king, then Dany can overthrow the Lannisters just the same. This is putting aside all her faults. I'm only focusing on the actual right to the throne. Stannis didn't overthrow shit.

Oh, yeah? Who has more of a claim than him? Line of succession clearly dictates that he should be on the throne. The Targaryens gave away al

• I like you.

Objectivity is one of the best qualities a person can have, and I know the Mannis™ would appreciate it as well.

Tinni posted: »

I'll always be horrified by what happened to Shireen, but I'm still on Stannis the Mannis' side. He's the best pick for the Iron Throne comp

• True, but the next oldest man in the family always assumes the role. If Daenerys fights and wins, then yeah, the throne is rightfully hers and nobody can question it - but I don't see it happening.

The Targaryens were all notoriously horrible at ruling and they seem to be genetically predisposed to insanity. We got a taste of it in the show with Viserys, who was described by Dany as being the complete opposite of what he became in his youth. I think she's is starting to get there as well. Random acts of cruelty, lashing out and even threatening anyone who questions her, etc.

I don't see how the Targaryens don't have the right. If Robert overthrew them and was able to be king, then Dany can overthrow the Lannister

• Let's also not forget, he is probably the only hope for House Forrester in the long run. If they can make it far enough to season 5, then he could free them from the tyranny of House Bolton, if he fails, then they probably die along with his army. Remember that, if Stannis loses, not only does he die, but so do the Northern Houses that swore fealty to him, which may or may not including those plucky little Forresters.

• edited June 2015

It's mentioned in ADWD that members of House Forrester are marching with him against the Boltons.

"The army covered twenty-two miles the first day, by the reckoning of the guides Lady Sybelle had given them, trackers and hunters sworn to Deepwood with clan names like Forrester and Woods, Branch and Bole.”

• Asha (Yara) Greyjoy on the Northern scouts in Stannis's army.

Let's also not forget, he is probably the only hope for House Forrester in the long run. If they can make it far enough to season 5, then h

• On a side note, this episode is my excuse to look up great quotes, and I found one that fits the situation very well. "The good doesn't wash out the bad and the bad doesn't wash out the good." Stannis to Davos Seaworth.

• I hope someone kills him by choking him to death with his own dick.

• I know that, but the show does things differently, so nothing is truly certain. But if I was a betting man, then yeah that probably happens. Doesn't matter either way, Stannis is the only man who can truly save this family, everybody is doing everything they can to just save above the water, nobody will fish them out, nobody except him.

It's mentioned in ADWD that members of House Forrester are marching with him against the Boltons. "The army covered twenty-two miles the

• Ah hell nah. You really gonna make me get the strap out?

Alt text

I hope someone kills him by choking him to death with his own dick.

• Meh.

This man right here is pretty much the last ruler in Westeros that I support.

Alt text

• I'm a really big Stannis fan I like him but there are things he does that bothers me sacrificing Shireen being right at the top I'm allowed to like a character and disagree with some of the stuff they do.

I can't wait for Davos to get back it's gonna be insane.

• edited June 2015

Haha, thanks, man. We Stannis supporters got to stick together and defend the Mannis' name.

I like you. Objectivity is one of the best qualities a person can have, and I know the Mannis™ would appreciate it as well.

• Well I just re watched "that" scene in order to see if I missed anything, I guess I did. I didn't notice Stannis crying at the end, must have missed that, thank god for the mute button on that re watch, couldn't have done it otherwise.

• Alt text

Ah hell nah. You really gonna make me get the strap out?

Alt text

• edited June 2015

stannis is #1 always will be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLNFloNdJH4

• Stannis was never the Mannis to me. He killed his own brother using the red whore's shadow babies because he is too much of a coward to fight himself, he burns people alive (a lot of them are innocent) including his own fucking child, and he doesn't even bother trying to find another way to do things because he has the red whore whispering in his ear about her Lord of Light.

Burning Shireen was beyond redemption. I hope Dany's Dragons set him on fire

• If we wanted to talk about rights here, then House Targaryen has less of of a right to the Iron Throne than House Baratheon. House Baratheon was native to Westeros long before the Targaryen's.

It wouldn't work that way, regardless. First of all, House Baratheon was founded by Orys Baratheon, an alleged bastard brother of Aegon the Conqueror. How this makes them an earlier house is beyond me, honestly. Not to mention that being there earlier means nothing - even if we accept the fact that House Baratheon is a successor of House Durrandon, this means that they have a claim to the Kingdom of the Stormlands and nothing to do with the Iron Throne.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.