Game Of Thrones Season 5 episode 9 Discussion/Season finale predictions

Comments

• Atleast the mad king didnt burn his own children.

• Saw this picture...here, have some free feels.

Alt text

• All is fair in love and war.. especially war.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

He definitely murdered his brother. Now he's murdered his daughter too. i don't give a shit if you have good intentions or the best fucking

• Davos already lost his son to Stannis's cause. He is going to flip when he hears about this.

Saw this picture...here, have some free feels.

• edited June 2015

nonono, not okay at all, why would you do this to my heart?? He said he wanted her to tell him how her book ended when he got back, that's never going to happen now, she's never going to be able to tell him..fictional characters should not be hurting me this badly. I can't even fathom how Davos is going to handle this, it's just too sad.

• edited June 2015

Show viewer: Shireen is dead, but I'm sure glad nobody important died this season

Book reader: There's still one more episode (while laughs maniacally and thunder happens in the background)

• Oh no Ser Pounce is fucked then

Show viewer: Shireen is dead, but I'm sure glad nobody important died this season Book reader: There's still one more episode (while laughs maniacally and thunder happens in the background)

• Shireen was the biggest fire the north has ever seen.

Alt text

• Stannis will take control of Deepwood Motte

• i can see your point. but i realy think is to late to save him. a "good" show would be sansa torture theon with ramsay. like she is giving up to the dark side. i havent read any book so i dont know all the info.

KCohere posted: »

He's brainwashed. He is not going to act rationally until he's broken of the hold Ramsay has on him.

• Jon ponders what to do with the wildling she can neither house nor feed when Davos arrives with the request from Stannis

Davos convinces Jon to talk to Tormund and persuade him to march for winterfell

Tormund, aware of the situation, convinces men and women from beyond the wall to follow him

As a result of the sacrifice the snows melt and supply lines from dragonstone are reopened.

Stannises army, though still in a pitiful condition, is inspired with new hope having witnessed the power of the lord of light

Strengthed by the army of wildlings Stannis marches on winterfell

He lays siege to near-impenetrable walls

Meanwhile, Sansa conspires with Theon to tip the scales to Stannis' advantage

In a dramatic scene Theon sneaks out at night and opens the gate to Winterfell

Stannis' men fall in and slaughter Boltons

All hail King Stannis!

Alt text

• This actually makes sense. Yara is rumored to be appearing in this episode and Stannis taking Deepwood Motte and capturing her, instead of battling her men out in the open would cover a lot of ground quickly.

I doubt that the scene shown in the preview was him getting ready for the Battle of Winterfell.

Denis66 posted: »

Stannis will take control of Deepwood Motte

• I admire him because he will do everything for the greater good, even if it means sacrificing everything he holds dear.

Such is Stannis selflessness and resolution to save mankind from the impeding doom that is coming.

Look at the bigger picture. Say anything about Stannis but he loved his daughter, he send her to the stake because he thought it was the only way. He's bound to his duty and that is his excruciating burden.

You admire him for submitting his child to one of the worst deaths there is. Okay.

• Even in real life, Davos' actor is closer to Shireen's actress than Stannis.

She said that Stephen Dillane doesn't talk much and is always serious on set, and that Liam Cunningham actually gave her a silver stag doll as a farewell gift, and she gave him a pillow with a stag emblem on it.

• Don't blame the men, remember what Robb's wife said about that? They could have been some kid from some small town that was conscripted into the army against there own will, and will now probably die. No army is ever truly 100% evil or good, and it's not the case here either. If anyone must be blamed, its always the commanders, not the soldiers.

It will be great if all of Stannis' men die anyway. Even after sacrificing his daughter they all just drop dead.

• Davos knew it was coming. He tried to get her out of there and even made her a farewell gift. Poor fishface. =(

• Really? I would have went the other way with that.

There's nothing fair about War. I think that's pretty universal.
    Re-read Septon Meribald/Elder Brother's story about the broken men and the Wars they fought for no more reason than someone told them to, or claimed them.

Most of the people who end up doing the Actual fighting in these wars are not the people who started them, Hell, most of them have no reason to fight but for the fact that they'd be killed if they didn't.

BipedalP posted: »

All is fair in love and war.. especially war.

• After the great Ep8, it was sadly a disappointment. I really don't get the plot changes in this season, I'm fine with HBO creativity and ingenuity of the writers, but some scenes were seriously so bad I thought about quitting the show (and I would rate first seasons 10/10 without blink of an eye).

• The saying means that in war every tactic used to win is fair game.

"If an injury must be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Stannis ended Renly campaign by killing one man rather than hundreds or thousands in open battle.

Another quote I like is - "We can pick the game, Niko Bellic, but we cannot change the rules." - Dimitri - GTA IV

We may not like the rules of the world we live in but we do not get to change them with naive platitudes and idealistic bullshit. The world is not ideal. War is not ideal.

Stannis and Renly went to war. Renly faced the consequences of that war and paid with his life. Whatever means Stannis used to get that done is justified.

Really? I would have went the other way with that. There's nothing fair about War. I think that's pretty universal. Re-read Septon Merib

• I agree 100%. I've never watched a show as good as seasons 1-4 were, but this season has went completely downhill I think they've killed off too many great characters. Hopefully the finale will blow our minds like episode 8.

fallandir posted: »

After the great Ep8, it was sadly a disappointment. I really don't get the plot changes in this season, I'm fine with HBO creativity and ing

• Do you also believe that Tywin was justified at the Red Wedding? Honestly curious.

Look, i am aware of what the saying means. And i am aware that the sentiment is prevalent in the real world and in ASOIAF and other literature. I am quite aware also, that people commit violent acts for ridiculous reasons upon each other every day. Whether at war or on the streetcorner.

That does not mean that i have to agree with it. In fact i find war to be abhorrant and i absolutely do not condone any kind of 'the ends justify the means' scenarios when it comes to peoples lives. Just because the world is not ideal, does not mean my opinions are idealistic bullshit or naive platitudes. Neither does it mean that i must refrain from having my own opinion when others disagree.

But, we are talking about the man's Brother and Daughter here. And IMO his actions were dishonorable in both instances. IMO he murdered 2 members of his family. Wait, i forgot the Florent dude, that's 3. Anyways, I think he's a terrible person and i sure as hell wouldn't want him as my king.

I suppose we should just agree to disagree :)

The saying means that in war every tactic used to win is fair game. "If an injury must be done to a man it should be so severe that his v

• What an episode that was, especially Daenerys riding on the dragon. Just awesome.

• edited June 2015

So book readers spoiled me that Jon 's gonna get betrayed and stabbed by the crows..I didn't feel like sleeping anyways.brb,gotta cry at a corner.

• I don't like that Tywin won but objectively it was the smart play. I would have preferred that Robb Stark had won the war but we can't always get what we want.

Do you also believe that Tywin was justified at the Red Wedding? Honestly curious. Look, i am aware of what the saying means. And i am aw

• I dont want Sansa to ever do that. She is strong without becoming a monster like Ramsay.

jackymasdar posted: »

i can see your point. but i realy think is to late to save him. a "good" show would be sansa torture theon with ramsay. like she is giving up to the dark side. i havent read any book so i dont know all the info.

• And you just spoiled everyone in here who didn't know, GJ.

• edited June 2015

I forgot to add a spoiler tag because im on phone. It's done now,I'm sorry :(

And you just spoiled everyone in here who didn't know, GJ.

• If he knew that was coming, he would have tried to stop it.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Davos knew it was coming. He tried to get her out of there and even made her a farewell gift. Poor fishface. =(

• Thats not necessarily going to happen.

• It was no attack of the white walkers but it had enough memorable moments for the penultimate episode. Nothing is going to make me quit the show now that im invested in it again.

fallandir posted: »

After the great Ep8, it was sadly a disappointment. I really don't get the plot changes in this season, I'm fine with HBO creativity and ing

• If he doesn't survive it that will be the final nail in coffin for me.

• No, we cant. Thanks for your replies BipedalP!

I don't like that Tywin won but objectively it was the smart play. I would have preferred that Robb Stark had won the war but we can't always get what we want.

• You don't have to apologize to me, I read the books.

Tolispro posted: »

I forgot to add a spoiler tag because im on phone. It's done now,I'm sorry

• He did. That's why he brought her up when Stannis told him to go back to Castle Black.

If he knew that was coming, he would have tried to stop it.

• "Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder." - Stannis Baratheon, ADWD

Hail book Stannis!

Anyway, with Daenerys gone and Hizdahr dead, who'll rule Meereen now? Tyrion? lol

• Half of his army isn't made up of unbelievers in the show, perhaps that's the difference... Just sayin'.

Daario, Jorah and Tyrion will form a council called Two and a Half Man.

Pipas posted: »

"Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder." - Stannis Baratheon, ADWD Hail book Stannis! Anyway, with Daenerys gone and Hizdahr dead, who'll rule Meereen now? Tyrion? lol

• What do you guys think will be Arya's one-liner when she finally kills Meryn Trant?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.