Stannis is still the Mannis

Comments

• What if Stannis is Azor Ahai, and Jon Snow is the Prince who was Promised? Was it ever said that they had to be the same person?

AWESOMEO posted: »

The problem with this is that his sacrifice really was for nothing, since he isn't Azor Ahai and R'hllor practically ignores any attempts of

• Stannis doesn't have a son - only stillborn sons.

Would the throne go to Shireen if Stannis didn't have a son?

• They have to be the same.

What if Stannis is Azor Ahai, and Jon Snow is the Prince who was Promised? Was it ever said that they had to be the same person?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2015

Well, despite the fact that Stannis can't be Azor Ahai (due to the aforementioned I am pretty sure he isn't) - Azor Ahai and the Prince that was Promised are the same person. Maester Aemon clearly speaks of Dany as "the Prince that was promised" in the books and many other mentions of Azor Ahai as the Prince that was Promised.

Additionally, Jon Snow is quite literally "the Prince that was Promised" since his real mother's (I assume you know who that is) last words were "Promise me, Ned." - literally making him "the Prince that was Promised". Stannis doesn't really fit "The Song of Ice and Fire", while Jon is an actual song of ice and fire - the song is a metaphor for love and an offspring of the ice and fire - the fire represents his father and the ice represents his mother. It's pretty poetic if you ask me.

"He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire."

What if Stannis is Azor Ahai, and Jon Snow is the Prince who was Promised? Was it ever said that they had to be the same person?

• It's one life to save millions in the realm. Stannis will get revenge for Shireen next episode I feel.

Alt text

• I don't blame Tywin for doing that the same way I don't blame Roose Bolton for turning on Robb who like the Mad King let his emotions get in the way of his duty. We're not talking about what would have or could have happened it's what did happen. I think com to blows between Robert without Tywin's backing would still have been pretty screwed. The Targs were still going strong and with him having the best kingsguard (Jaime Lannister, Arthur Dayne etc) and with Robert wounded with his clash with Rhaegar. Nice gif btw :3

The pivotal moment of the war was the Battle of the Trident, where Robert smashed Rhaegar in single combat, with the rebel army winning agai

• Solid theory i must say but still saying Stannis sacrifice was for nothing.
    You can see in the preview for next episode that the snow is gone.

• He killed his own brother using the red whore's shadow babies because he is too much of a coward to fight himself,

Renly's army vastly outnumbered Stannis' to fight him in open battle would be suicide, succeeding at nothing but getting him and all his men killed and leaving his family unprotected. But no, Stannis should have just carelessly through away the lives of all his men to satisfy Renly's selfish need for attention. Give me a fuckin' break.

Stannis was never the Mannis to me. He killed his own brother using the red whore's shadow babies because he is too much of a coward to figh

• No not after that shite he pulled last week. Hes a spineless chump who deserves death and nothing but the worse death imaginanble. Ps i hope he doesn't pull that spineless crap in the books.

• Is that what you think, i guess you missed were melisandre had the precious supplies burnt so she wouldn't lose her power over stannis. Ps there is no destiny for him hes just melisadre's pet fool.

Stannis did nothing wrong. He made a sacrifice for the greater good. One soul to save thousands. After 20 >>good<< men burned

edited June 2015

I don't know about it, let me watch the preview.

EDIT: I see, this is interesting. I still think he can't be Azor Ahai, it might be that the promo is a little misleading - or that R'hllor is just answering her and accepting her sacrifice - but it clearly isn't fulfilling the prophecy, since "Nissa Nissa" needs to be killed by Azor Ahai himself, Shireen didn't die by his hands (but maybe it's only figuratively).

Also, don't forget that Melisandre literally tells R'hllor to show her Azor Ahai; and all he shows her is Jon Snow:

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow."

Solid theory i must say but still saying Stannis sacrifice was for nothing. You can see in the preview for next episode that the snow is gone.

• Hail King Stannis Baratheon

• Tyrion secretly a Targarien too. LET DWARF SAVE THE WORLD!!11

AWESOMEO posted: »

He's a stupid person, mislead by Melisandre into thinking he is Azor Ahai. He burned his own daughter to fit into a prophecy he doesn't belo

• I saw it as that, reasoning was beyond question for both brothers, and that move prevented a lot of needless death. Hell, we all somewhat forgot that Stannis himself didn't enjoy that, he did say that despite it all, he was still his little brother and he won't ever forget this.

He killed his own brother using the red whore's shadow babies because he is too much of a coward to fight himself, Renly's army vast

• I could easily say the same about Dany, how many people has seen burn? How many innocent people were killed by her on the assumption that they may or may not have done awful things. Remember what her dad did to people on a daily bases? I don't want that crazy bitch anywhere near that throne.

ranger563 posted: »

Why do people want a guy who burns people alive ruling anything?? If you want actual counter-Walker measures, Dany's the one packing the dragons. She's the one who's gonna actually solve the problem, not Stannis Bore-atheon.

• I think I'm still on Stannis' side, but only because of lack of other options.

Dany - Hell no. I'm sorry, but she just isn't the brightest. She thinks even now that she can keep the slaver's bay thing up, but everyone knows it will go back to the way it was as soon as she leaves, and next time they will be more prepared. She just doesn't get it. I think she's way too idealistic to be a good Queen.

Tommen - Too easily manipulated and useless without his mother or wife.

I actually don't remember if there are more claims, but I'd still take Stannis over them because I understand why he thought he must do it, but damn, that's just cold (pls no fire puns).

I still support Stannis, but he isn't the Mannis anymore. Just the smallest evil.

• edited June 2015

I trust in book-Stannis. He's the real Stannis the Mannis, the one true king of Westeros. Show-Stannis is an imposteror and the sad victim of a poorly written plot.

• Robert would have won on his own without Tywin Lannister, he just accelerated the end.

Battle of Gulltown > Robert's Rebellion Battle of Summerhall > Robert's Rebellion Battle of Ashford > Robert's Rebellion B

• Hail the one true king !

Tinni posted: »

I only hope that it isn't his decision in the books because I'd like to think he isn't as far under Melisandre's influence as it appears. I

• Alt text

Nightmare1 posted: »

Hail King Stannis Baratheon

• Now THIS is the fight that its worth 90 dollars! It doesn't matter what you think of Stannis for the moment, we all need to pray that he wins this fight, after that, well that's up to you, but for now we need to see this stone cold fucker put in the ground one piece at a time. For Robb Stark! The King of the North! May his memory be avenged this coming Sunday!

Churned posted: »

It's one life to save millions in the realm. Stannis will get revenge for Shireen next episode I feel.

• edited June 2015

Alt text

• Alt text

The Praying Mannis!

edited June 2015

Well... there are clues, but no strong evidence :p

I think he is going to be one of the "heads" of the "Three-Headed Dragon", one of the companions of Azor Ahai.

Istibul posted: »

Tyrion secretly a Targarien too. LET DWARF SAVE THE WORLD!!11

• Yeah, that's Stannis's job, goddamn it!

• Reminder that L + R = J. Meaning that J has the blood of both the Mad King and the Night's King running through his veins. And yet you still root for him. Judge others by their own actions, not those of their forebearers.

I could easily say the same about Dany, how many people has seen burn? How many innocent people were killed by her on the assumption that t

• Dear god................................. I never thought of that. OH MY GOD! Oh man, that's bad, bad bad bad bad oh no. Well maybe he'll be fine? He hasn't done anything strange yet, the Mad King did strange things long before he went insane. Dany already has killed innocent people without much regret, she has already burned people that may or may not have done anything wrong. She is her daughter, she is closer to her dad then possibly him.

DomeWing333 posted: »

Reminder that L + R = J. Meaning that J has the blood of both the Mad King and the Night's King running through his veins. And yet you still root for him. Judge others by their own actions, not those of their forebearers.

• Stannis knows that magic of The Red God really works.

Like it worked on Balon Greyjoy?

And who will be the leader of the united seven kingdoms army vs the White Walkers? Stannis knows that there are White Walkers - he knows

• Well she stopped her Dragons after knowing about the innocents being killed. Stannis burns people on purpose.

I could easily say the same about Dany, how many people has seen burn? How many innocent people were killed by her on the assumption that t

• He died before Robb and Joffrey. D&D are procrastinating it on the show for whatever reason.

rousseau posted: »

Stannis knows that magic of The Red God really works. Like it worked on Balon Greyjoy?

• After Stannis sits the throne the Iron Throne and converts the people to the Lord Of Light religion people (innocents) will be burned in every inch of Westeros... I don't think Danny has any wish to kill innocents because one stupid religion.

• If the NW mans died, all the wildling would be at the good side of the wall... Thanks to Stannis they ended in the wrong side and thousand were killed and ended in the army of the dead.

So he did a good thing with bad consequences.

Have we already forgotten when just last season Stannis single handily saved the Seven Kingdoms from the massive wildling army Where woul

• edited June 2015

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Explain to me how it is better to set a random person to the torch via dragon for shock value and assertion of dominance than to burn someone of importance at the stake for a good cause. Dany is slowly losing her mind, and WildlingKing is correct. I can see her becoming a villain by the end.

But oh, no, she wants us to believe that she's squeamish and can't handle any blood spilled in a competitive showcase between two warriors. Make no mistake, she's just as vicious as anyone.

Alt text

ranger563 posted: »

YOU AGAIN! >8¬( I get why people don't like Dany cos she's very naive and sometimes, needlessly violent. That said, she's got councilo

• edited June 2015

Just sayin', TV Stannis rejected Melisandre's suggestion at first too, who's to say book Stannis won't be convinced too in the upcoming sequel?
    I wouldn't sing praises for book Stannis just yet.

In the TV show things happen at a quicker pace, George might just be taking his time with Stannis and Shireen.

• Stannis is one thing, but have you ever seen a giant Ser Alliser?

Alt text

• Balon is alive in the show or Show Stannis doesn't know about his death. Either way he should be sceptical about Melisandre's "magic".

He died before Robb and Joffrey. D&D are procrastinating it on the show for whatever reason.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.