That Season 5 Ending... Wow.

Comments

• that Jon takes on some of Ghost's traits like white hair (maybe red eyes like Bloodraven), making him looking like a true Targaryen.

That would be amazing, especially in the show.

• I didn't not like her. She was just like an average princess type. I was all in for their sweet, creepy moment but it seemed to only serve as a vehicle for getting more reaction out of her death.

ranger563 posted: »

What, you didn't like her? She was the first of Jaime's kids to build a connection with him.

• Exactly as he ^^^^ said. There are hints, in the books, about how he could survive. But that’s all speculation.

jamex1223 posted: »

He's not death on the books??? wow....

• I remember reading about it when it was in production. As there were problems with Croatian religious authorities about using their church for nude scenes.

KCohere posted: »

Is that what they said?

• They'll probably burn his body though. Melisandre has to resurrect him very soon (which I don't see happening) or she somehow manages to get his corpse out of Castle Black. How she manages that I don't know.

• i meant Stannis...

He's not death on the books??? wow....

• RE Arya's blindness; It's not a punishment in the books. In fact it should have already happened. In the books it's just a hard core training exercise.

pcharl01 posted: »

So Cersei confessed to some of the charges. Doesn't name Jaime as her lover nor acknowledge her contribution to King Robert's death, but th

• edited June 2015

Carice did a great job with Melisandre.

She was so confident of the certainty of her visions, she was rather proud of her skills as a priestess of R'hllor, even, as shown in the books.

I love how defeated she looked in the episode. I feel that the one she's the most disappointed with is herself. She misinterpreted her visions. She must feel like it's all her fault, and quite honestly, it is. She reaaaaally fucked up big time.

• George could just be saving Stannis' death for the next book. People should stop mentioning book Stannis as though they know what's gonna happen to him.

i meant Stannis...

• She finally realized that she screwed up from the beginning. She misinterpreted her visions. Stannis was not Azor, and in this episode she finally sees it. That's why she looks so defeated.

richforce posted: »

The thing I don't get is why Melisandre would just leave Stannis right after her magic got rid of the blizzard? If she was so sure Stannis w

• Lots of people seem to think reek and sansa committed suicide all because they didnt yell "Look there is a ton of snow down there"

jarmoksk posted: »

Yeah, show has to foreshadow everything to the point it becomes superobvious because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

• They did say book theory, but seriously they brought Mel back seconds before he died. Its blatent enough from the books that hes coming back, but having her turn up then is about as obvious as Olly stabbing Jon!

Nothing is proven. At this point, I dont think we can assume anything.

• It is serious stuff when Melisandre stops being confident.

FishySticks posted: »

Carice did a great job with Melisandre. She was so confident of the certainty of her visions, she was rather proud of her skills as a pri

• It makes more sense in the books. Jon agrees to march on Winterfell with Night's Watch men to assist Stannis and that is why they kill him. It makes more sense when they kill him for breaking sacred vows than for letting they free folk south of the wall.

Batomys2731 posted: »

I guess mutiny against the Lord Commander is okay now, never mind the fact it was an unforgivable dishonour three seasons ago. "For the Watch" my ass.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Too soon man....

• I'm pretty sure she will bring Jon Snow back same way that priest of brotherhood without banners did.

It is serious stuff when Melisandre stops being confident.

• whispers on the wind Cleganebowl confirmed

Can someone explain what's the deal with 'the new kingsguard'? Did Qyburn pull a frankestein on the Mountain or what?

• They haven't hinted at Jon being a warg in the show(or Arya for that matter), I think it's one of those things from the books they're leaving out.

• I'm pretty certain she will, why else would they bring her back to the Wall?

Also, I don't actually feel too sad about Jon's death. I spend four years knowing that this would happen...

I'm pretty sure she will bring Jon Snow back same way that priest of brotherhood without banners did.

• You do t have to make everything superobvious, just dont come out of nowhere.

jarmoksk posted: »

Yeah, show has to foreshadow everything to the point it becomes superobvious because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

• I just read this blind gossip (trust me or not, 90% of the time, what they say is pretty accurate) about Jon Snow :

"If you were recently disappointed by the finale of a hit television show, you’ll definitely want to hear this!

Other hot stars in his same age group have a dozen projects in the pipeline. Yet, one of the hottest young actors in the world has nowhere to go and nothing to do.

That’s weird. He has absolutely NOTHING in the pipeline. Even his costars have at least a project or two on the side, but he has nothing. Nothing in pre. Nothing in post.

If his tenure on this hit television show was really over, his very competent agents would have been lining up multiple projects for him months ago.

That is, unless our young actor is playing a little game of his own…" (blindgossip.com)

So I guess that he's not dead after all... Or at least, not entirely.

• Well, real life is not like assassin's creed you cannot really jump from high walls and expect to survive ^^

Lots of people seem to think reek and sansa committed suicide all because they didnt yell "Look there is a ton of snow down there"

• It was my pleasure.

That was deep.

• "Dead temporarily" .... you do know this is game of thrones right? not a generic Hollywood movie or an anime?

Exactly. The site says John is dead too. Stannis and John are both alive and temporarily dead.

• There is no reek, only Theon.

Lots of people seem to think reek and sansa committed suicide all because they didnt yell "Look there is a ton of snow down there"

• What deep snow? The lord of light melted mostly everything away. Chances are that "deep snow" is thin snow now.

PigeonPie posted: »

Unless they landed on to deep snow. I think that's what happened

• Alt text

I need some comforting really badly, anyone? What the actual hell happened. I can't even...

Jon? Arya? Why did I feel sorry for Stannis or Cersei I hate their guts. What's wrong with me.

• Well, dying together is a better fate than living with Ramsay anymore.

I didn't give this any thought until now because of so much happening in that episode... but what if Theon and Sansa actually fell to their death? It's a long drop, and even snow would likely kill from that height.

• Both reasons make equal sense for me...

outkast1213 posted: »

It makes more sense in the books. Jon agrees to march on Winterfell with Night's Watch men to assist Stannis and that is why they kill him.

• This season's finale was a series of sad moments after sad moments....

SoMuchSass posted: »

I need some comforting really badly, anyone? What the actual hell happened. I can't even... Jon? Arya? Why did I feel sorry for Stannis or Cersei I hate their guts. What's wrong with me.

• Did they really have to play the Stark official theme in the background while Jon was laying dead to the snow?This made it even sadder for me.Like,"heh,we just killed almost all members of your favorite house,FUCKED IT UP.u mad bruh?"

• "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"

Why did bother including the prophecy if shes gonna die and the Martells aren't going to try crowing her in place of Tommen. The golden hair thing maybe? They didnt even include the second part about drowning in her own tears, thats the most important part how she will live to see them die. And the valonqar. Out of all the flashback scenes theyve not bothered with its strange they included this one

• Aside from calling Renly the true king before slaying Stannis, she should have incorrectly used "less vs fewer" in a sentence, too.

Y'know, put a cherry on top of his misery.

• Because this show hates us. We are just the abused housewife that keeps coming back even though we know its not going to get any nicer.

Tolispro posted: »

Did they really have to play the Stark official theme in the background while Jon was laying dead to the snow?This made it even sadder for me.Like,"heh,we just killed almost all members of your favorite house,FUCKED IT UP.u mad bruh?"

• It actually came out of nowhere in the show. They were pissed at him since he decided to go to Hardhome, but after he returned, he didn't do anything to piss them more. If Thorne planned to make the coup, he should have while Jon was away. Or he could have kept gates closed. But no, let the wildlings through and then kill Jon.

You do t have to make everything superobvious, just dont come out of nowhere.

• edited June 2015

Everytime something good or bad happens in GoT I remember Ramsay's words. No happy ending. Also a big question, what happened with Margaery?

This season's finale was a series of sad moments after sad moments....

• edited June 2015

I'm nearly relieved Show Stannis died so one of the worst character rapes of all times finally ends.

But why didn't they show him die ? Only two possible reasons : 1) He's not dead because Brienne changed her mind at last second (did "do your duty" remind her of her real mission or something ???)
    2) Such was the show writers' hate for Stannis' character that they didn't even cared for showing him die on-screen, despite knowing very well that unshown death is known as code for 'still alive' among tv show spectators since at least the 80s, thus creating false hope for one entire year before showing Stannis' body in episode 1 of next season, or not showing anything but just making known that he died indeed. It would be such a huge "fuck you" to Stannis' lovers.

• edited June 2015

Interesting, youre right that line implies her duty is elsewhere.. Stannis for 999th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch? He would do a top job restoring the Night's watch and preparing for the battle for the dawn, he mentioned dragonglass on dragonstone and seems to give a shit. I hope they do this but 50/50 on whether he died

I'm nearly relieved Show Stannis died so one of the worst character rapes of all times finally ends. But why didn't they show him die ? O

• Yep, his last words should have been, "its fewer damn it! At least kill me with good grammar!"

FishySticks posted: »

Aside from calling Renly the true king before slaying Stannis, she should have incorrectly used "less vs fewer" in a sentence, too. Y'know, put a cherry on top of his misery.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.