That Season 5 Ending... Wow.

Comments

• I'm not that desperate yet, but I feel bad enough hoping Littlefingers beats those flesh wearing fuckers.

It is a strange day when I can't wait to see the White Walkers gutting the Boltons like a fish.

• Sansa and Reek could survive because there is a bunch of snow, the more snow there is - the safer you can land.

pcharl01 posted: »

So Cersei confessed to some of the charges. Doesn't name Jaime as her lover nor acknowledge her contribution to King Robert's death, but th

• Because. She did it in the books.

Smurfbate posted: »

I have a question, why do people just assume that the Red Witch lady (sorry I'm terrible with GoT names) can just revive somebody? I also

• I have a question, why do people just assume that the Red Witch lady (sorry I'm terrible with GoT names) can just revive somebody?

Melissandre is a priest of R'hallor. Just like Thoros of Myr from the brotherhood without banners is one. Thoros revived Beric Dondarrion five or six times and in the books he even revived one more person. So priests of R'hallor basically can revive people. That's why.

I have a question, why do people just assume that the Red Witch lady (sorry I'm terrible with GoT names) can just revive somebody? I also

• edited June 2015

Not until I see a body. Do you really think that D&D are going to admit that he's still alive (if he is)?

I will say that it's more likely he's dead than alive though.

You guys need to accept that Stannis is dead. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-5-finale-jon-stannis-deaths-david-nutter-1201520137/

• edited June 2015

You don't need to see a body to know a character is dead. Don't be one of those people that just refuses to believe a character is dead. And that was the director himself confirming he was dead. Accept it and move on already.

Edit: I didn't see that bottom part of your comment for whatever reason, but my point still stands for anybody that just simply refuses to accept that Stannis is gone. Even if he isn't dead, what would he contribute to the story now? Nothing.

Not until I see a body. Do you really think that D&D are going to admit that he's still alive (if he is)? I will say that it's more likely he's dead than alive though.

• I refused to believe Kenny was dead despite half of this community telling me how deluded I was, and look who was right after all.

As for the director's quote, well obviously if there is any surprise return in preparation it comes with a careful plan of leading the fans to believe the character is dead for good. Most likely they will keep up with the charade until the very moment the scene is aired.
    When next season is shot and rumours or witness of Stephen Dillane and Kit Harrington being part of the shooting will emerge, she'll probably deny it or say it's for flashbacks or something.

"Stannis dead would have been gratuitous", yeah right, anyone who has followed this show has noticed the lengths directors go to avoid gratuitous scenes, lol

You don't need to see a body to know a character is dead. Don't be one of those people that just refuses to believe a character is dead. And

• edited June 2015

Eh, I was being too harsh and for that I apologize, but I'm sure we'll get more news later. If not, we'll have to wait until next year or if The Winds of Winter comes about before the next season does.

I refused to believe Kenny was dead despite half of this community telling me how deluded I was, and look who was right after all. As for

• Alt text

Seriously.

• edited June 2015

You know what would be screwing up ?

Leaving such huge place for speculation because showing it "would have been gratuitous".

Of all people, directors who are aware of every trope, every visual code of movies and tv (hell, it's their job) know perfectly that an offscreen death means suspense and allegations of a return, and that a major character's arc isn't brought to closure unless his death is testified directly or indirectly.

(by indirectly I mean like Ned Stark's death who technicallt wasn't shown, but blood splatters flowing and a huge crowd reaction were clear confirmation as good as witnessing it yourself, no single doubt was left hanging)

If Stannis is really dead and they really just didn't show his death after all for a nonsensical sudden care about "gratuity" (which sounds absolutely off coming from them), they're absolute fuckers.

Eh, I was being too harsh and for that I apologize, but I'm sure we'll get more news later. If not, we'll have to wait until next year or if The Winds of Winter comes about before the next season does.

• Not so fast, now. There's still hope his fate will be the same as in the books.

Pipas posted: »

Seriously.

• she MAY, but she hasn't yet. Pretty sure he's dead at the end of the last book. It's just speculated that she will revive him. I haven't read the books but my friend has and he basically told me what was gonna happen at the season finale.

Because. She did it in the books.

• My whole thing is that they haven't shown any of that in the TV show. There isn't a Lady Stoneheart so we as show watchers have no knowledge of this stuff. So to just assume that she's going to do it is jumping the gun a bit I think.

I have a question, why do people just assume that the Red Witch lady (sorry I'm terrible with GoT names) can just revive somebody? M

• And that was the director himself confirming he was dead.

Pretty sure anyone involved in a show or a movie would lie to avoid revealing a character is alive, what would be the point of having a fake death for them in the first place then?

Even if he isn't dead, what would he contribute to the story now? Nothing.

If he is alive, then clearly there is something.

Idk, I just find the fact that we didn't see him die on screen on a show with a history of going overboard on violence coupled with how his last line "Go on do your duty," seemed to be chosen to impact Brienne in some way, leads me to believe that she could have possibly spared him. One thing is for certain, Stannis is completely out of the race for the Iron Throne.

You don't need to see a body to know a character is dead. Don't be one of those people that just refuses to believe a character is dead. And

• I've read the books too. It still angers me what happened to one of my still living favourite characters.

I refuse to believe he is dead until either book 6 or season 6 comes out to prove it.

outkast1213 posted: »

It makes more sense in the books. Jon agrees to march on Winterfell with Night's Watch men to assist Stannis and that is why they kill him.

• The High Sparrow is a good guy, but let's not go so far as to say that The Faith itself is rightous :P

Skiba7671 posted: »

Cersei herself turned the Sparrows into zealots to torture and abuse her enemies. The leader is righteous and she was stupid to think she could control them. Aside from that she is guilty as charged and fully deserves the punishment.

• edited June 2015

I know drastic ending! Although, Jon did just bring back maybe a 1000+ wildings so, the Night's Watch is fucked. And, does anyone know a good reason why Melisandre returned to Castle Black?

• edited June 2015

Way to boil a chaotic and melancholy chapter down to "The wildlings killed my mam and dad and thats why I I'll be killing you, if you haven't picked that up from the countless bloody scenes of me staring daggers at you. All of which is far more important than all the sensible reasons these other men might have, but screw them, I'm a child. Shocking, right?"

Worst season of the show, hands down. Hardholme was impressive. But that's one of the few good things to be said of it.

• They showed revival in the show. season 3. and when Melisandre talks to Beric after his death due to massive chest trauma the last time you see Beric on screen she asks how many times Thoros has revived Beric. so we atleast know that Melisandre knows about revival

My whole thing is that they haven't shown any of that in the TV show. There isn't a Lady Stoneheart so we as show watchers have no knowledge of this stuff. So to just assume that she's going to do it is jumping the gun a bit I think.

• More likely he'd be exposed mid fight and Cersei will instead be executed for witchcraft.

Clemenem posted: »

Anyone else happy The Mountain seems like a good guy? I hope he crushes that cunt Sparrow's champion. Never thought I'd be cheering for Gregor Clegane but here I am

• If that becomes true, then maybe Jon will become the show's version of Coldhands.

I think both of them are dead, but Jon is going to come back as a white walker.

• edited June 2015

It would be hilarious if GRRM is giving Ding & Dong false information and leaving out vital details. You also have to realize that they're going into S6 without any source material at all. If that was the best they could do with source material at their fingertips, then it's all downhill from here.

"Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen."

• Ding & Dong
    Tinni posted: »

I can't say I was too surprised by anything that happened this episode, save for Myrcella randomly being killed, and Selyse hanging herself.

• edited June 2015

Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen

...I-is that an actual quote from the show writers ?

It would be hilarious if GRRM is giving Ding & Dong false information and leaving out vital details. You also have to realize that they'

• I feel really bad for Tommen. I mean, he's kind of a wuss, but he's trying so hard to be a good and fair person, and let's face it, he's way too young to have so much responsibility on his shoulders.

Tommen is probably going to kill himself.

• At least they did Cersei's walk of atonement justice, kudos to Lena Headey. She's the best actress on the show hands down.

Fun fact: Lena Headey didn't play the "walk of atonement". It was her body-double and they put her face on her via CGI. So well done body double + computer.

Tinni posted: »

I can't say I was too surprised by anything that happened this episode, save for Myrcella randomly being killed, and Selyse hanging herself.

• HYPE! HYPE! I can't wait fro CleganeBowl! It will be bigger then then the fucking Super Bowl, and the halftime show won't be wimpy this time! HYPE!

I hope he crushes that cunt Sparrow's champion I don't, because everyone knows it's going to be the Gravedigger, AKA the reformed Sandor Clegane. CleganeBowlHype

• I hate the fact this confirms Obyern Martell died for nothing, because the man he wanted to die lives, and he still remains dead.

KCohere posted: »

Good guy? He's probably being controlled by Qyburn and has been designed to murder her enemies. I hate that The Mountain is back walking around even in zombie form and that Cercei is still not getting her full due for the harm she has caused.

• edited June 2015

Now that I think about it, of the Direwolves. Only Ghost appeared in Season 5 and that was just one episode.

• Hate that 'Olly' thing. I feel disguisted.

• At least his death kinda led to Tywins demise, plus with Gregor not being able to eat/sleep/talk the outcome isn't ideal for him either! This is partly why the whole Ellaria storyline bugs me, as the two main targets in Oberyns quest for vengeance you'd expect someone in Dorne to mention the Mountain and Tywin's deaths at some point

I hate the fact this confirms Obyern Martell died for nothing, because the man he wanted to die lives, and he still remains dead.

• You also have to realize that they're going into S6 without any source material at all. If that was the best they could do with source material at their fingertips, then it's all downhill from here.

Shit..that hadn't even crossed my mind. Season 6 is going to be an absolute train wreck. Yeah, it definitely is going to be pretty hilarious, but in the "it's so painfully ridiculous you can't help but laugh" kind of way.:/

It would be hilarious if GRRM is giving Ding & Dong false information and leaving out vital details. You also have to realize that they'

• edited June 2015

Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen ...I-is that an actual quote from the show writers ?

• This. I like this. Lets make it happen.

Bran and Arya will kill everyone. Bran will control Dany's dragons when she gets to Westeros and kill everyone in Westeros and Arya will travel to every island and assassinate every individual person, defying the many faced god like a badass.

• It just seems illogical to me the way they killed Jon. If the old geezer was so against him helping the freefolk why even open the gates for him? SO now what do the night watch expect will happen when the large group of freefolk Jon saved from death finds out he's been betrayed by the crows? Not to mention the dead army marching on their wall.... or do they not even believe the dead walk?

I know drastic ending! Although, Jon did just bring back maybe a 1000+ wildings so, the Night's Watch is fucked. And, does anyone know a good reason why Melisandre returned to Castle Black?

• i'm so disappointed.. 2 of my favourite characters dead...i really hope stannis survives somehow and mel bring jon snow back... or someone bring him back :(

• You know, I honestly wasn't shocked Most of the Episode, It was slow paced, and I enjoyed the episode, Stannis' death kinda pissed me off because Stannis was my favorite, But when Jon died... Ohhhh, There's gonna be some fucking hell to pay now.

• Stannis's final words may have saved him from impending doom. "Go on, do your duty." So fitting for a man like Stannis, however those words may have prevented Brienne from the final blow. Perhaps she was reminded that she had temporarily forsaken her duty to Catelyn Stark in protecting Sansa. After all, she abandoned watching the tower for a candle light (her duty) to seek personal revenge. I am not certain of this but it seems plausible.

In addition to what was already mentioned, to not give Stannis a proper death scene seems like they have other plans for him.

Definitely didn't think Stannis would die. Or Myrcella. That was an excellent episode.

• He will live again, free from his oath to the Night's Watch.

endoftimes posted: »

I had a feeling Jon Snow would die eventually, but I was hoping it wouldn't be this soon... and not like this for the love of the shriveled

Sign in to comment in this discussion.