The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Tommorow I'm getting results from my finals.

I'm scared.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TsVjvEkc4s

Before I saw this video I thought the song was going to be something strong and female empowered, where "Good for you" meant she was talking about some ex boyfriend who had moved on with someone else but she doesn't care because she's a tough woman who's happy with herself. But no. It's another song about sex and women being a man's erotic plaything. I'm kind of disappointed.

• Bless you, sir.

BigBlindMax posted: »

If I get in trouble for putting another member on blast, so be it. I understand. But I'm done tiptoeing around this issue. Cope? Respe

• Alt text

Alt text

My brother is in the room, and I said, "I love my Computer." And He says to me, "Why not marry it? You're clearly out of girlfriends.". It's kinda sad how My 10 year old brother has better comebacks than me.

• You expect too much from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TsVjvEkc4s Before I saw this video I thought the song was going to be something strong and female empowe

• Anyone else excited for Vikings? :D 2016 tho.

Vikings S4

• I think we expect to much from people in general now. Why does everything have to be profound? I listen to music for relaxation and enjoyment. Same goes with movies and video games. Why can't we just enjoy entertainment without making it all about politics and world issues?

Charlieh65 posted: »

You expect too much from her.

• Bye, hope you have a good time!

ComingSoon posted: »

Leaving for 2 weeks for a summer camp, lmao I'll be back...

• Yeah... I know. And after she left, by coincidence shit hit the fan and everything went downhill since.

Alt text

You ever notice a couple of people quit on August 17, 2014, and they all we're pretty well connected? @Azlyn @WeWillMissYouSarah come to mind. Lot of stuff.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

According to her profile Azlyn visited on June 25th. And WeWillMissYouSarah visited in February. Interesting.

You ever notice a couple of people quit on August 17, 2014, and they all we're pretty well connected? @Azlyn @WeWillMissYouSarah come to mind. Lot of stuff.

• I guess for some people, relaxation and enjoyment is being lazy and not progressive.

I think we expect to much from people in general now. Why does everything have to be profound? I listen to music for relaxation and enjoymen

• Me neither, it's not like a parent could do better at teaching everything than certified teachers.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I really hate the concept of homeschool, it's just silly.

• You'll do good.

Tommorow I'm getting results from my finals. I'm scared.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited July 2015

I don't know man. Music is art, and "The waking mind is the least serviceable in the arts." I like when the songs I listen to are not linear and stupidly easy to understand. A good example for a great, loaded song is the two parted song "Vermilion" by Slipknot, or Bohemian Rhapsody (it might sound like rambling in Italian but it is way more if you dig into it). Songs like that are not only great because they can be interpreted in various ways by fans, who can then pick the one they relate to most, it also shows that the writer has put actual emotion and thought into the song he made. I find it hard to think that Justin Bieber put much emotion and thought into writing the words "baby" over and over again (if he even really wrote that song by himself), but even if he did, I just don't find it interesting when it's so plain and simple.

And I think that the majority of music today is not like that. Despite there being many that are like that, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez prove to us that the simpler, "dumber" songs are the ones that dominate the industry today. Just go to any Slipknot song, the most viewed one has 60 million views or so, while Selena's has 300 million. Even "Welcome to the Black Parade" has 10 times less views than her most popular song. Why? People like simple shit. And there's plenty of that today.

I think we expect to much from people in general now. Why does everything have to be profound? I listen to music for relaxation and enjoymen

• Thank you. I needed to hear it from someone.

You'll do good.

edited July 2015

That's the least of my concerns, kids need to get out there and face other children, learn to deal with social situations and make friends. I feel sorry for children who spend their childhood closed off at home without any outside contact.

Me neither, it's not like a parent could do better at teaching everything than certified teachers.

• Whew, I totally forgot about that. Yes, that is the largest downside, how is a kid ever suppose to succeed if they aren't allowed the ability to make mistakes socially and learn from them.

That's the least of my concerns, kids need to get out there and face other children, learn to deal with social situations and make friends. I feel sorry for children who spend their childhood closed off at home without any outside contact.

• edited July 2015

children who spend their childhood closed off at home without any outside contact.

lol me

edited July 2015

gah dayum.

well I'm not exactly sociable too so I guess I should feel sorry for myself.

children who spend their childhood closed off at home without any outside contact. lol me

• umm i guess. whatever tickles your pickle

gah dayum. well I'm not exactly sociable too so I guess I should feel sorry for myself.

• To be honest, I don't think so. Selena Gomez was one of the last remaining Disney stars to not give into popular demand of over sexualization in the music industry, and she had some songs in the past that displayed good moral values for girls and young women that didn't include some of the things that, say, Miley Cyrus does in her songs.

So I'm disappointed because she's starting to fall into the trap of popular demand instead of promoting body positive examples in her music. I mean for shit sake, the whole point of this song is to look good for a man, wearing the types of clothes he likes, etc. and not about learning to love yourself the way you are and finding someone who does as well.

You expect too much from her.

• Alt text

wot.

• http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/vg/fallout/boxcars

Click on 'wtf you got against us bitch'.

Gary-Oak posted: »

wot.

• I'm not expecting Chopin, but I do like coherent lyrics in my music...and a message that isn't completely vapid or contemptuous. The lack of either or both is forgivable if the beat is any good. But most pop is using the same old EDM / Trap based sludge.

No thanks, I'll stick with the classics.

• That kind of situation stinks of record-label meddling. Labels can force artists to change their songs to conform to mainstream taste. If the artist isn't a good doggie, the label can refuse to promote their material or shelve the project altogether. Her label probably has her making "adult contemporary" pop music because that's where the money is.

To be honest, I don't think so. Selena Gomez was one of the last remaining Disney stars to not give into popular demand of over sexualizatio

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Using someone's death to push your own agenda. How classy. :/

EDIT: I went to the Twitter account to check for myself, and it's fake. Disengage your pitchforks, folks. :P

wot.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Yeah .
    She 's gonna get a lot of nerd-rage from this .

wot.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

She wouldn't be the first.

Using someone's death to push your own agenda. How classy. EDIT: I went to the Twitter account to check for myself, and it's fake. Disengage your pitchforks, folks. :P

• Who are you again?

ComingSoon posted: »

Leaving for 2 weeks for a summer camp, lmao I'll be back...

• It's nothing to do with Nerd-Rage, what she said was wrong.

Cope49 posted: »

Yeah . She 's gonna get a lot of nerd-rage from this .

• Doesn't make it any less shitty.

She wouldn't be the first.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Or just the hard truth.

It's nothing to do with Nerd-Rage, what she said was wrong.

• What a complete bitch.

wot.

• Off topic: I love your profile picture.

It's nothing to do with Nerd-Rage, what she said was wrong.

• What truth? Iwata hasn't done anything. And saying stuff like this is extremely disrespectful to his family and friends.

Or just the hard truth.

• Thanks, friend. Love yours too. ;)

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Off topic: I love your profile picture.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

And saying stuff like this is extremely disrespectful to his family and friends.

On that I agree.Being that his death is so recent.

What truth? Iwata hasn't done anything. And saying stuff like this is extremely disrespectful to his family and friends.

• Then what did she say exactly, that is the cold hard truth?

And saying stuff like this is extremely disrespectful to his family and friends. On that I agree.Being that his death is so recent.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited July 2015

In the tweet that was posted..Which turns out to be fake tweets from cruel male gamer trolls.

Alt text

Then what did she say exactly, that is the cold hard truth?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.