What would you do if Gwyn (hypothetical major decision for E6)

Comments

• I'm not talking about what she did before I'm talking about her actions in the war that's coming. She was trying to broker a peace deal and I recognize that but we're past that point. If she helps us in open war with her family she cannot be trusted by anyone and if she doesn't she is one of the enemy.

Saoralba131 posted: »

She didn't exactly turn on her family as much as try to keep the peace between both famillies.She might have went behind their back but all she wants is peace.I say that she doesn't deserve death for helping us.

• So basically, what is she supposed to do?

Skiba7671 posted: »

I'm not talking about what she did before I'm talking about her actions in the war that's coming. She was trying to broker a peace deal and

• edited July 2015

I don’t really see why keeping her as hostage is such a despicable act. It is not only a very acceptable thing (remember, Theon was a hostage), but would also be for her own safety.

I don’t think she would take it so bad (even if she doesn't get thrilled by the idea) and Eleana would certainly not care.

• Her actions before the war are noted but irrelevant now. If she helps us over her family she is not to be trusted by anyone. If she stands by her family the cycle will not end until one of the families is destroyed.

I see just fine.

I've already said how we could trust her, Gwyn a Whitehill, came to us and told us about there being a traitor and the fact that there was o

• I see what you mean but if she does help us then I would trust her personally because she would feel bad about Rodrik/Asher and everything else that befell our family but if she stays out of it then I would be fine with it too since there is not much she can do and she didn't exactly try to kill us so she has done nothing to deserve death.

I'm not talking about what she did before I'm talking about her actions in the war that's coming. She was trying to broker a peace deal and

• Her death sentence comes with being a Whitehill in this situation. It's not really fair but this universe isn't sunshine and rainbows.

I see what you mean but if she does help us then I would trust her personally because she would feel bad about Rodrik/Asher and everything e

• edited July 2015

"I see that you've helped us again now, but we can never trust you despite your previous efforts and help that was nothing but helpful towards us, sorry you can either leave or die."

"You're going to stay with you family? Well, gotta kill ya cause, well your last name is Whitehill right?"

Sound thinking there -.-

Her actions before the war are noted but irrelevant now. If she helps us over her family she is not to be trusted by anyone. If she stands by her family the cycle will not end until one of the families is destroyed. I see just fine.

• Eh, if something like that happened I'd let her go. She's the only Whitehill that I would spare, assuming we get a chance to even kill the Whitehills

Alt text

• As soon as Ludd is gone next in line for head of the house is Torrhen who we don't know much of other than him fighting for the Bolton's currently and we do not know how well he and Gwyn get along or what kind of person he is but say that he takes charge then who is going to stop him from retaliating sometime else? Geyn could keep the peace after the war if we are victorious and that is useful.

Otherwise say that Ludd and Gryff are both killed and somehow Torrhen shows up and we kill him too then Gwyn is next in line since the only other survivjng brother is training at the Citadel which means she won't try anything and maybe we can marry Asher off to her if he is alive and take their lands or she can find a suitable husband whatever.We do know that she won't attack us though since she isn't a warmonger and therefore she doesn't need to die so we aren't spilling innocent blood especially of someone who helped our family through hard times.

Her death sentence comes with being a Whitehill in this situation. It's not really fair but this universe isn't sunshine and rainbows.

• It is, for the universe.

"I see that you've helped us again now, but we can never trust you despite your previous efforts and help that was nothing but helpful towar

• If she of Ryon shield me from getting Ludd's/Gryff's head, I will probably kill them too / let them die.

Seems pretty small thinking imo but w/e

• Fuck Gwyn, she can go eat vegetables from the root with her stupid father and brother.

Her death sentence comes with being a Whitehill in this situation. It's not really fair but this universe isn't sunshine and rainbows.

• "Ok, I'll let you live so you can stop me from killing the man who have helped in the process of murdering 3 lords of this fooking house"

"I see that you've helped us again now, but we can never trust you despite your previous efforts and help that was nothing but helpful towar

• Ramsay set the terms "last House standing." Gwyn doesn't have the option of stopping bloodshed. Her being reasonable would probably also stop at the slaughter of her family. There is no outcome that makes her a worthwhile ally.

As soon as Ludd is gone next in line for head of the house is Torrhen who we don't know much of other than him fighting for the Bolton's cur

• Let her go. It'll help in the short term sure, but even if we survive the Forrester name would be disgraced. The family would be ruined.

Westeros takes guest right rather seriously. The only crime they'd probably see as worse would be kinslaying.

• I hope for you guys the forgery isn't exposed in episode 6.

angrykurd posted: »

I Must've missed that option during whatever scenario it came up in.

• Fuck Gwyn

Alt text

Fuck Gwyn, she can go eat vegetables from the root with her stupid father and brother.

• No it's not. You'd be killing her for 'sins of the father' and nothing better besides you want to.

It is, for the universe.

• Not saying she would be a worthwhile ally I am just saying she doesn't have to be murdered for the mistakes of her father and brother.

Ramsay set the terms "last House standing." Gwyn doesn't have the option of stopping bloodshed. Her being reasonable would probably also stop at the slaughter of her family. There is no outcome that makes her a worthwhile ally.

• As I already said, both Ludd and Gryff would be getting what's coming to them despite Gwyn's request. Spare the innocent, punish the wicked.

"Ok, I'll let you live so you can stop me from killing the man who have helped in the process of murdering 3 lords of this fooking house"

• If she did try to stop us we can just kill them and be done with it even if she hates us.You wouldn't just let someone kill your family members but if you had never done anything to hurt the people killing them then they wouldn't have a good reason to kill you.She could always try and kill you if you killed Ludd and Gryff but only then would I see reason enough to kill her.

"Ok, I'll let you live so you can stop me from killing the man who have helped in the process of murdering 3 lords of this fooking house"

• edited July 2015

She might choose to do it willingly, depending on Rodrik's choices in the past.

She might feel he owes him something if he kept his promises yet got killed despite that.

• monkey grin

Miklaus posted: »

Fuck Gwyn

• You know the old saying, "He who seeks revenge should prepare two graves", I'd get yours ready and then some since you're so bloodthirsty.

If she of Ryon shield me from getting Ludd's/Gryff's head, I will probably kill them too / let them die.

• Was that an MGSV reference with the song "Sins of The Father" by Donna Burke? If so then good job I adore that song.

No it's not. You'd be killing her for 'sins of the father' and nothing better besides you want to.

• I've been giving you nothing but logic the entire time. What more do you want from me? I never said her situation was fair. I also never said I wanted to kill her. It's just the safest option. To be honest I don't even expect the Forresters to win this fight.

No it's not. You'd be killing her for 'sins of the father' and nothing better besides you want to.

• I'd probably be wasting an opportunity but I'd let her go. I don't hate Gwyn and if she helped Ryon I couldn't bring myself to do that to her.

• This isn't logical it's barbaric and weak.

"Better kill you just in case, no hard feelings right?"

This whole discussion was birthed from your comment of, "No option to cut her down?" Call me crazy but that and the rest of your comments make your stance pretty clear.

I've been giving you nothing but logic the entire time. What more do you want from me? I never said her situation was fair. I also never sai

• A little bit ;) Glad to see another MGS fan.

Was that an MGSV reference with the song "Sins of The Father" by Donna Burke? If so then good job I adore that song.

• edited July 2015

I'd be killing her for the survival of the Forresters. Birthright is a double-edged sword.

Not saying she would be a worthwhile ally I am just saying she doesn't have to be murdered for the mistakes of her father and brother.

• I would let her go, she is the only Whitehill that has even a shred of decency

• Let her go but find a way to stall her so than I can make Ludd believe she was taken hostage while I plan something

• I won't be participating in personal attacks and I'd ask thatthat you refrain from it in the future. The mods here seem to see everything.

This isn't logical it's barbaric and weak. "Better kill you just in case, no hard feelings right?" This whole discussion was birthed f

• Ya know, someone else tried going down that same avenue with me before on these forums and the mods sided with me through and through so I'm not worried. Just like then and here, not a personal attack.

Enjoy the rest of your day though seeing as how this clearly isn't going to go any further!

I won't be participating in personal attacks and I'd ask thatthat you refrain from it in the future. The mods here seem to see everything.

• I did not forge the letter. I thought that i could get the girl on my own. It turns out that my game was not that good.

I hope for you guys the forgery isn't exposed in episode 6.

• Keep her as a hostage/kill her.

I need to extinguish the Whitehill line. Nothing personal, I'd make it quick. Unless she agreed to go into exile, become my ward, or join the Silent Sisters. In which case I'd use her to help establish House Forrester of Highpoint with Lord Ryon (I figure if he survives he should get something, if he doesn't it'll go to Rodrik's second son.)

I... think I may have thought a little far ahead. Anyhow, [Take her hostage]/[Execute]

• Brutal, but as a Frenchman who knows a thing or two about his medieval history, you wouldn't have been worse than the average French king. Damn those bastards were ruthless.

Keep her as a hostage/kill her. I need to extinguish the Whitehill line. Nothing personal, I'd make it quick. Unless she agreed to go int

• What the fuck are you even saying? Being bloodthirsty or not we will all get the same ending so chill.

You know the old saying, "He who seeks revenge should prepare two graves", I'd get yours ready and then some since you're so bloodthirsty.

• Why not maiming Gryff and making him look weak in front of his soldiers when he wants to keep us down? There's nothing to lose.

Kill and hurt every Whitehill you can, get the same fate as everyone and know that it was worth it.

What the fuck are you even saying? Being bloodthirsty or not we will all get the same ending so chill.

• Maybe Gwyn could live but I don't see her being okay with the Forresters killing her family or Whitehill's folk.

So since she's on the way, she has to die.

If she did try to stop us we can just kill them and be done with it even if she hates us.You wouldn't just let someone kill your family memb

Sign in to comment in this discussion.