Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• ACTUALLY.... The "Tracker" is mentioned a few times during/after Yvette's call. So I'm thinking since Yvette was being monitored this allowed Vasquez to peep in and be able to track Rhys and Vaughn

DeityD posted: »

Well, that too but we still don't know how Vasquez kept finding them, maybe it's the same thing. But that deal with Gortys is even more weir

• Just finished Atlas Mugged again, while paying close attention and got a few details. Protip : silent playthroughs get some interesting scenes.

Picking the "Get down here you idiot!" gets the same dialogue from Rhys as "A little help?" I did not self destruct loader, but the dialogue I got was "Oh. Now you need me."

So being silent at Scooters when he asks where your money went, he will say something along the lines of "Ah. Money problems. My dentist had 'money problems'".

I went to Hollow Point to pick up the gals in that local. When we all went to Old Haven, I went to the Dahl's dumpster. Rhys' pun almost let me not see one small thing. You can scan the power line that leads to the Power Box on the roof. Scanning it gives a funny little message in it's description "Who put this power grid on the roof? Seriously? Now I need a ladder to get up there."

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I did not self destruct loader, but the dialogue I got was "Oh. Now you need me."

I guess you selected "Get down here idiot." Even though it sounds exactly the same as the other two options, Loader Bot can tell what tone you're using.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Just finished Atlas Mugged again, while paying close attention and got a few details. Protip : silent playthroughs get some interesting scen

• But Rhys said the same tone as "Hey! Loader bot! Down here!", I'm pretty sure

dojo32161 posted: »

I did not self destruct loader, but the dialogue I got was "Oh. Now you need me." I guess you selected "Get down here idiot." Even though it sounds exactly the same as the other two options, Loader Bot can tell what tone you're using.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

He may say it the same, but Loader Bot understands his intention.

But Rhys said the same tone as "Hey! Loader bot! Down here!", I'm pretty sure

• In the intro for Episode 3, we see the group playing Bunkers and Badasses, and Athena gets pissed after rolling a one that she ends up flipping the game. For those who have either watched or played the Borderlands 2 DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, you can understand why she got so pissed (skip to 1:45, watch through 3:18)

Click here

• Ahhh I get it. Loader knows all.

dojo32161 posted: »

He may say it the same, but Loader Bot understands his intention.

• Lol I don't understand that part of the video but it was hilarious xD

In the intro for Episode 3, we see the group playing Bunkers and Badasses, and Athena gets pissed after rolling a one that she ends up flipp

• i'll be there hehe

Leluch123 posted: »

Hehe I like you, you should visit Rhysha thread more often

• And within a second of explaining himself, there will be blood.

You know what would've been funny? If after picking the "romantic?" dialogue and giving Sasha the flower, they'd add in Fiona interrupting t

• Lol the look on Sasha's face. She knew what she did.

• Is that triggered if you choose the silent option? :D

• yup

FetchWalker posted: »

Is that triggered if you choose the silent option?

• If you're silent when Cassius first appears while having him at gunpoint, Rhys will tell him to "excuse my friend because she is the quiet type"

If you don't immediately stick the syringe in Vaughn's heart, you will get a few lines of dialogue from Fiona, Cassius, and Rhys. I believe it goes "I'm doing WHAT?" "Plunging it right into his heart." "Why am I doing this, aren't you the doctor?" "I never said I was THAT type of doctor." "Come on Fiona, Vaughn needs this"

• Oh yah, Sarah and Clementine pinky swear option

WHY DIDNT I NOTICE THIS BEFORE :0

Another reused animation is the Pinky Promise animation. That's one of the more obvious reused animations, but a lot of people seem to have not mentioned that one.

• Little did we know, Gortys was a She

BlueShadiw posted: »

Gortys, huh? Wonder what he and the Gortys Project are all about...

• That makes no sense. Athena is supposedly out of the business, at least Janey thinks that. So she can't just go and admit she's doing a contract mentoring those two in front of Janey. Remember the part in episode 3 where Janey was angry at Athena for being in the middle of gunfire?

She shouldn't lie to her significant other. Again, at the garage would have been a perfect time, even outside of it. She could have said "Wa

• If you don't tell the truth to Janey at Scooters she doesn't seem to hear it. And would you rather let her find out Athena died on a "business run" or on a protection contract?

Greenzoid2 posted: »

That makes no sense. Athena is supposedly out of the business, at least Janey thinks that. So she can't just go and admit she's doing a cont

• Rhys true role model

Alt text

• edited July 2015

Ok, more of a question than an observation, and only technically TFTB related, but can anyone explain to me why the Rhys-themed, very much Hyperion shotgun you get in TPS for owning the TFTB season pass has 'Atlas' sprayed over it? Whut? (The wiki says it's a 'reference', but um... to what, exactly? The fact Atlas stuff exists on Pandora is pretty obvious, and it still doesn't explain why its brand is on a Hyperion weapon... Am I just not getting sth here?).

Alt text

Alt text

• I think it's just because they obviously can't introduce a real Atlas weapon in-game so they just provided a re-skin of the one that happens to look the most Atlas-y (in this case a Hyperion model).

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to represent Sasha's Atlas Silver, despite looking nothing like it.

Ok, more of a question than an observation, and only technically TFTB related, but can anyone explain to me why the Rhys-themed, very much H

• Huuh... but wasn't the Atlas Silver an smg? It seems pretty silly to reference a weapon by changing both its type and manufacturer...

Come to think of it, while 'Hyperion' is pretty obvious, I really don't know why it would be a shotgun of all weapons. I guess they just really didn't care all that much... Unless we learn something mind-blowing in the upcoming eps... the Stranger does use a shotgun after all.

(All in all, it's a decent shotgun, so I'm not complaining.)

I think it's just because they obviously can't introduce a real Atlas weapon in-game so they just provided a re-skin of the one that happens

• Wrong thred :P

Leluch123 posted: »

Rhys true role model

• Actually no I think it fits I have a hunch that they will meet this guy.

Wrong thred :P

• Gortys probably has a constantly updating map of the upgrades location, which means it'd probably be easy to track them, and find out about the multiple pieces.

Pipas posted: »

How did Vallory find the group anyway?

• edited July 2015

I was pretty shocked in episode 3. If you trust Jack in episode 2 and choose to shoot Vasquez you blow his entire arm off.

My reaction was pretty close to Alt text

• Right? I didn't see that coming. Especially his scream afterwards.

• This could kinda be a shout out to the entire Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: In every movie, SOMEONE has to get their arm blown off or have an artificial one (in the case of the Winter Soldier.)

• Yeah, I completely forgot about it being an SMG. You would think they would have put in a bit more effort - maybe you're right and there is more to it than meets the eye...

Huuh... but wasn't the Atlas Silver an smg? It seems pretty silly to reference a weapon by changing both its type and manufacturer... Com

• Do you have a video, I'd like to see that.

• When you get to speak to Gortys for the 2nd time, if you stay silent Sasha will say "Hi gortys" and Gortys goes "Hi!" "What are we su-" "Hi." "..Hi. What are we supposed to do with you?"

• Come on guys, do what I'm doing! Fail QTE's and go mute Rhys/Fiona!!

When you do the QTE to get your gun from Finch, before the last move to go forward, don't push forward. You will push him to the ground instead of collecting your gun and shooting him.

• This gun is bothering me much more than it should, considering it probably means eff all, but I'm bored so I've been looking into it. and what I found out is it's apparently a reskin of the Interfacer, a Seraph shotgun... too bad it suddenly became a blue gun.

Alt text

Alt text

Also, a thought for everyone playing TFTB who hasn't played the BL games and is considering it, but isn't much into shooters - if you pick up these guns before the final boss and they're elemental, they make it a cakewalk. Or your action skill does, before you even manage to aim. Honestly, it's really easy, pick BL up, or at least BL2 and especially the pre-sequel, they're great games, and being familiar with them really adds to your TFTB experience... and also helps you appreciate certain characters much more. :D

(This ad was sponsored by Hyperion).

Ok, more of a question than an observation, and only technically TFTB related, but can anyone explain to me why the Rhys-themed, very much H

• edited August 2015

When Assquez gets his arm blown off, it looks exactly like a standard BL2 arm injury.

EXAMPLE:

Eeurgh

KARMA BABY

• I'm pretty sure it was a bug, but I just did my silent playthrough on iOS and it gave me an option to talk to Vaughn while he was paralysed and on Loader Bot's back (this was next to the Atlas gate after LB had cleared the rubble).

Suddenly I was teleported over to the tree where Vaughn stands in the Jack playthrough and Rhys just started talking to nothing - then the nothingness replied with Vaughn's lines from the Jack playthrough.

It was so bizarre, yet so funny. My Rhys looked like he'd lost it once and for all and this was without Jack interfering!

• Also, I noticed Vallory's crew are all united under the same symbol - some type of animal horns:

enter image description here

It's the same tattoo Finch has on his forehead, Vallory has it on her lapel, and Kroger has it on his jacket (both the back and sleeve). The miscellaneous crew members seem to sport it as well, and it's on all their vehicles - in fact, I think the only person associated with Vallory who doesn't have it, is August (unless I'm missing it)...

• I actually got this too!

I'm pretty sure it was a bug, but I just did my silent playthrough on iOS and it gave me an option to talk to Vaughn while he was paralysed

• Same haha

I'm pretty sure it was a bug, but I just did my silent playthrough on iOS and it gave me an option to talk to Vaughn while he was paralysed

Sign in to comment in this discussion.