Our Last Hope - Interactive story

12345679»

Comments

• Yeah, the ending was kinda rushed + Billy ain't the smartest guy in the planet :D

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Shit for a second you had me thinking the bandits weren't actually bandits, and instead it was just a misunderstanding. Buuuut nope. We can'

• 1: I don't have a favorite yet, but I do like the way my character has been handled so far, so I'm gonna say Simon.

2: The bandit that was talking to Angelica. Let's just call him bandit #1 for now. And then Hannah.

finlander posted: »

So now that episode 1 is over, let me just ask you two simple questions which you can answer if you want to: 1: Who is your favorite character so far? 2: Who is your least favorite character so far?

• 1: Who is your favorite character so far?

I do like a lot of the characters equally, but I especially like the way you wrote Mary so far. She's adorable :D I also like Simon, Nick, Sasha and Wilson a lot.

2: Who is your least favorite character so far?

Hannah the psycho bitch. Dear lord, Hannah the psycho bitch and her catty buddy a thousand times. That asshole bandit who slapped Angelica isn't much better.

So now that episode 1 is over, let me just ask you two simple questions which you can answer if you want to: 1: Who is your favorite character so far? 2: Who is your least favorite character so far?

• Hannah, What the fuck? I thought I could trust you. And she's working with the other psycho. Wow, welcome to the freak parade, because this just turned into an episode of Saw.

Great fricking chapter dude.

Episode 1 - Survival Lessons, Chapter 10 (Final) Angelica Marshall "Damn. What a shitty day. Only one hostage." "Yeah... But th

• 1: Who is your favorite character so far? I honestly like Mary and Sasha.

2: Who is your least favorite character? Now? That psychotic miserable excuse for a human being Hannah and her friend Buddy.

• Lol, that saw music really fit that last scene :D

Thanks bro!

mr.quality posted: »

Hannah, What the fuck? I thought I could trust you. And she's working with the other psycho. Wow, welcome to the freak parade, because this just turned into an episode of Saw. Great fricking chapter dude.

• edited June 2015

Fun Fact: Trevor (The human face on the wall) was from Nick's introduction. Buddy had put it there, after slaughtering him.

• I wouldn't call that a fun fact...

...ew :<

Fun Fact: Trevor (The human face on the wall) was from Nick's introduction. Buddy had put it there, after slaughtering him.

• It's hilarious

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I wouldn't call that a fun fact... ...ew :<

• Fun Fact

Alright. I'm cool with that.

Trevor (The human face on the wall)

Well that's okay. I didn't want my diner anyways.

Was from Nick's introduction

I had to go back and re-read that part, but I saw it.

Buddy had put him there, after slaughtering him

dear God no... Set fire to Buddy. Burn him at the stake.

• edited July 2015

Okay guys, just a quick question, which one do you prefer?

1. Harry: No way.
    2. "Oh yeah" Nick answered

So if you didn't get it, which one is better, writing in "quotes", or writing like I did in the introductions. I can always do both though, but which one do you guys like?

• I honestly like quotes more, but I'm fine with the script-like writing style. either one is fine.

Okay guys, just a quick question, which one do you prefer? * Harry: No way. * "Oh yeah" Nick answered So if you didn't get it, whi

• I believe the quotes are better in my opinion.

Okay guys, just a quick question, which one do you prefer? * Harry: No way. * "Oh yeah" Nick answered So if you didn't get it, whi

• I agree with Quality here. But by all means, it's your choice. :)

• I greatly prefer the quotes, but I also enjoyed the style you had in the introductions. In the end you should use the style you're more comfortable with.

• edited July 2015

Hey guys, I haven't started writing Episode 2 yet, because I've been creating the google forms character submit for my other upcoming story. I also finisihed the description of it just now, but I still haven't figured out a name for it :- D I'll probably figure it out pretty soon and then create a thread for it, then I'm gonna start writing episode 2.

But don't worry, I already have ideas for the chapter 1, so it won't (probably) take forever to write it this time :-P

• Don't worry. If you can't think of a name for it, do what I do. Put the word 'The' in it and then give a really blank word afterwards that sums it up, or just give it a one word title like I do. XD Jk.

And Cool!

Hey guys, I haven't started writing Episode 2 yet, because I've been creating the google forms character submit for my other upcoming story.

• Yay, I did it! The name of the story is kinda lame, but it will do.

Link to the story

It's about criminals and stuff, you can read the description of it in the actual thread.

• So, not to be pushy or anything. But when are you planning on continuing this?

Yay, I did it! The name of the story is kinda lame, but it will do. Link to the story It's about criminals and stuff, you can read the description of it in the actual thread.

• I'm not home for the weekend and I left my tablet home, so I can't continue it before Sunday. I have started it and it's halfway done, but it's been slow because I'm writing Morham at the same time :P

So, not to be pushy or anything. But when are you planning on continuing this?

• Oh, alright. Cool!

I'm not home for the weekend and I left my tablet home, so I can't continue it before Sunday. I have started it and it's halfway done, but it's been slow because I'm writing Morham at the same time :P

• So, uh, any updates or anything? Sorry if I'm being pushy, just really want to read.

I'm not home for the weekend and I left my tablet home, so I can't continue it before Sunday. I have started it and it's halfway done, but it's been slow because I'm writing Morham at the same time :P

• Sorry, I haven't really had time to write anything, my school just started a few days ago. I'll try to finish it when I have time.

So, uh, any updates or anything? Sorry if I'm being pushy, just really want to read.

• Yeah, I have to go back next week. School sucks. Good luck.

Sorry, I haven't really had time to write anything, my school just started a few days ago. I'll try to finish it when I have time.

• edited August 2015

Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 1

Angelica Marshall

"Wake up! It's time to introduce you to the boss."

Angelica opens her eyes. She sees a man standing in front of her cage, where she has been sleeping for the night.

"But I'm tired.." Angelica answers to the man with a sleepy tone. She yawns and closes her eyes again, but soon opens them as she hears the cage open. The man grabs Angelica's neck and drags her out of the cage.

"Tired or not, he wants to see you." The man says as he drags Angelica out of the small building where her cage was. Angelica screams the whole way to the building where the boss is supposed to be.

The bandit camp is located in a very hard place to seek for help. They have gates surrounding the small town they have, lots of people taking care of the things there, enough people to protect themselves and of course enough guns to kill people who try to get in or out.

The man opens a door of a small building and throws Angelics inside. "Go trough that door, he's in there. I'd advice you to not fuck around with him. He can be a little harsh sometimes." The man points at one of the doors and leaves.

Angelica falls to her knees to the ground, holding her neck, crying. She looks back at the door she came in and notices the man guarding the door outside in case she tries to escape. She stays still for a few minutes and tries to get a hold of herself.

She then gets up with dirt all over her hair and clothes. Her teary eyes look at the door that the man pointed at. She isn't used to this kind of stuff. Patrick and Cole never even shouted at her, which Angelica thought was good.

Finally she gets the courage to start walking towards the door. She is still crying, but she can't help it. She walks to the door and opens it.

"Took you long enough. What held you up?" Angelica hears a man saying right after she opens the door. She looks around the tiny room with paintings and pictures of people covering the walls. In the middle of the room there's a desk with a man sitting behind it. The desk is covered with papers and wanted posters.

Angelica remains quiet. She just keeps looking at the man's dark green eyes. "I guess you're a bit shy. Why don't you take a seat?" The man says to her.

Angelica doesn't answer to him. She just stands still. The man gives a cold stare back to her and takes a pistol out of a drawer. "Sit. Down."

Angelica looks at the gun and walks to the seat that is opposite of him. She is shaking like crazy and still crying. The man puts his gun away.

"Hi there Angelica, did you enjoy your first night here?" The man asks her. Smart enough to answer, Angelica tries to keep herself together as she opens her mouth to speak. "Ye... Yes... But a bed would be nicer than a cage.."

"Oh, you will sleep in a better place for now on." The man answers.

"Wh.. Why am I here? Who are you? When do I get home?" Angelica gets the courage to ask these questions. The man smiles at her.

"The real question is, where is home?" The man asks Angelica.

Angelica wipes some tears from her eyes. "It's where my dad is..."

"And where is your father?" The man asks her straight away.

"I.. I h.. I have 2 dads.." Angelica says.

"2 dads? Angelica, I need you to be honest with me. Honesty is the key to succes and you don't want to disappoint us. Now tell me the truth." The man stares at her.

"I... I swear!" Angelica loses it again and starts crying uncontrollably.

The man keeps staring at her with the cold look in his eyes. "Cameron, would you bring him in?"

The door to the office opens and a man walks in. He's carrying a man, whose face is covered with a bag. Angelica turns over and looks at the man he's carrying. He's only wearing his underwear and his body has so, so much blood and bruises all over it.

"Wh.. Who is this man?" Angelica asks fearfully.

"Go on Cameron, show that ugly face to her." The man says and laughs.

The man whose name seems to be Cameron laughs back at him and takes the bag off of the man's head and throws him to the floor next to Angelica. She instantly regonizes the man as Quinton. His right eye is missing, his face has several cuts and his nose is broken. He's barely alive.

"Oh my god..." Angelica closes her eyes. She holds her breath and tries not to keep crying.

"I found them looking for you, stop spreading bullshit. They are your parents. The woman hasn't said a word yet, she's a tough bitch... the man.... Yeah. He's in no condition to speak." Cameron says.

"What's the matter Angelica? I think he is the only dad you have. I also think that your mom, Natalia, is locked up in our prison. Did you lie to me Angelica? Is this man your father? Because if he's not, he might as well just lose some other body parts and end up in the torture room for another day. The same thing happens to the woman. If you admit that he is your father, he and your mother will get a new life in our town, but you're going to get punished from lying to me." The man says.

[Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.] Lie

[He's not my dad, I swear] Truth

Well, episode 2 has started. It's pretty short, but it's all I've had time to do.

• [Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.] If the lie hold up, it might just save a few lives. Also, holy shit Q. I was expecting him to get in trouble, but almost dead? Damn.

Great part! It's finally back!

Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 1 Angelica Marshall "Wake up! It's time to introduce you to the boss." Angelic

• edited August 2015

Oh shit, Q got a problem. I don't think this bandit leader dickhead makes idle threats, so I am honestly afraid for what he might do to Q if Angelica continues with her story. However, part of me also thinks that he might plan to kill Q regardless. He definitely seems to be a guy who would do such a thing. Still, I'm hoping for the best here.

[Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.]

I think it is worth a try. Of course, this will be bad for Angelica, but what kind of monster would punish her for something so trivial? At least I fully expect that she won't be punished as badly as Q. If this saves Q's life, it will be worth it.

Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 1 Angelica Marshall "Wake up! It's time to introduce you to the boss." Angelic

• [Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.]

• edited November 2015

Hey guys, I'm just here to tell you that I haven't forgotten this story, I've just been really busy in the last 2 months + I've kinda put all of the time I had to write to my new story, which you can check out in the link that I put here a couple of months ago.

Nothing else really, just wanted y'all to know this story is still alive :-D

• Working on the next chapter as I'm writing this, feels really good coming back to this.

• Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 2

Angelica Marshall

[Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.]

Angelica stared at Quinton, who was still breathing, barely. He couldn't take any more of this. He had already lost his eye, which was enough if you asked Angelica.

"I... I lied. He's my dad and the woman called Natalia is my mother. I'm so, so, so sorry, please don't punish me! I promise I won't do that again!" Angelica rose up from her chair and went on her knees in front of the man. She cried even harder than before.

The man smiled, even laughed a bit and rose up. He was a really tall man, not only tall but really muscular too. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie and black suit pants. He was a very scary looking man. He had a buzzed black hair and a rugged beard that didn't look trimmed.

"Take him to the doctor. He'll patch him up. I'll deal with the girl." The man said to Cameron. Cameron quickly nodded and picked up the unconscious body of Quinton and dragged him out of the building.

"Please!!! I don't need punishing, I don't need punishing!! I learned my lesson!" Angelica sobbed whilst lying on her knees on the dirty wooden floor. The man lowerd down to her level and grabbed her hair.

"I appreciate your honesty with me, but you still lied to me. I do not stand lying in here. We can not survive if there are liars in my community." He said and raised her to the air by her hair. He walked to the door that led outside and threw her to the ground.

Angelica screamed like crazy. She was trying to catch some breath, but wasn't able to, as she had been thrown to the ground really hard.

"15 seconds. That's probably enough for her first time, considering she did tell me the truth after all." The man yelled to a group of men leaning towards the buildings wall.

Angelica was confused. Way too much stuff was happening so fast. All she knew was that this place wasn't good. Harry had been warning Angelica about bandit camps, was this one of them?

"Oh yeah, almost forgot. You're going to call me by my first name from now on. Adrian. I will see you later today, sweetie." The man said and left without looking back. She already figured out that he was the boss around here, but what was this place?

"Wh... What? I told you the tru.." A rock hit Angelica's right arm. She yelled from the pain it caused and turned to see where it came from.

About 10 men had surrounded her, all having rocks in their hands. "Who threw tha.." Another rock hit her, even harder. Suddenly all the men started throwing rocks at her. Angelica yelled even harder than before.

They threw the rocks really hard at her. She couldn't move anymore, as her body parts were hurting too much. She screamed for the men to stop, but they just kept on throwing them.

It felt like an eternity to her. A few of the rocks had hit her head, causing her vision to become blurry. Shit, she had probably even broken some of her bones in all of this. The pain was unbearable.

Then it stopped. These 15 seconds of pure hell had finally stopped. It was a relief, until she passed out from the pain. One of the bandits grabbed her to his shoulders and started taking her to some random building.

"Do you think she learned her lesson?"

"No, not really. As soon as she realizes she's here for good she will try to do something she's going to regret. I'm calling it already."

Nick, Wilson, Sydney, Simon, Mary

"No, listen to me! He has no idea of what he's talking about! There is no way in hell Quinton is alive! He was just shocked after he heard about our relationship. You know how teens are like, they don't always mean what they're saying."

Simon rolled up the sleeves of his shirt after 10 minutes of persuading Sydney to come out of the bathroom. Sydney was sitting in the corner of the women's rest room and had not moved a bit since she came there.

"Sydney... Honey, please. Come out. I'm begging you." Simon calmly said whilst leaning towards the rest room wall.

Sydney wiped some tears from her eyes. "What if he is alive? Everything Wilson said back there was true, I haven't done shit to find him... I just kept assuming he's dead. What kind of a fucking girl friend am I? Simon, he watched his father die because of me."

Simon looked at himself trough one of the bathroom mirrors. His forehead was a little sweaty and his hair was looking much more messed up than usual. At least he had managed to keep his beard trimmed, as it was still a stubble.

He took a deep breath, thinking of what to say. "Well..." He stopped, not really knowing how to continue. "Sydney... Nick and Wilson have been away from Quinton's group for a while now, as you heard back there. There is no way to guarantee that he is still alive. And even if he was, does it matter? You've got me now."

An awkward silence followed. It lasted for a brief moment, until Sydney stood up. She wasn't looking too happy from what he said. "How in the name of any fucking god can you say that!? He took care of me for 10 years! 10 years Simon! I love you, but I can't live happily with him out there still looking for me. He deserves to know about us."

Simon sighed. "Honey, you're pregnant. You're not exactly in the best shape to go out there looking for a person, who we have no idea of where he is! And do you think that Nick would be happy about that? Quinton is with Harry's group. Nick ain't too keen on seeing him anymore."

Sydney was quiet for a moment. "But... He needs to know. If you're not with me on this, I don't know if I can look at you the same way as before. Please Simon. Nick and Wilson know where they are headed to. You need to have my back on this."

Simon closed his eyes and pushed his head against the wall next to him. He had been making difficult decisions his whole life as a doctor, but nothing like this.

["Let's go look for him."]

["I don't think that's a good idea."]

Damn. That. Took. Some. Fucking. Time. I hope yall are still around. Not blaming you if you're not though, as this really took a lot longer than expected. Haven't been exactly voting on your stories (sorry for that) either. I hope to change this soon. Anyways, this choice will make a pretty big impact on the story, just saying.

• It is back! Awesome! I have missed this story and I am so happy that it finally is going to continue :D

["I don't think that's a good idea."]

Well... here's the thing: I like Q. I don't want Q to die, but looking for him sounds like a terrible choice for several reasons. First, Sydney is pregnant. Pregnant women shouldn't be running around in a zombie apocalypse, looking for people without any kind of clue where they could be. Second, Q is being held captive by very dangerous people, who are far superior in numbers, which means that even if they manage to find him, they will most likely end up dead or captured as well. Third, as far as they know, Q is still with Harry. I still remember what you said to me a while ago: As far as Buddy and Hannah know, Nick is also still with Harry. That means, Buddy and Hannah will be looking for Harry as well. There is the chance that they will stumble upon Nick, if Nick's group is deciding to look for Harry's group to find Q. Finally, there is the fact that, if they go and look for him, Mary is going with them, therefore, Mary is going to be in danger. And I ain't going to choose anything that puts her in danger. She's too adorable to die.

Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 2 Angelica Marshall [Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.] Angelica

• Really good being back to this, didn't remember how great it felt to write this :-P It's good you've been waiting for this to come back, as I was quite sure all of the readers had already given up on me xdd

I can see you have been paying attention to some things ;-D

I'm going to give you this, it's not much, but it's something. This choice will determine the fate of at least one of the characters. Not saying if it's a character from this group.

It is back! Awesome! I have missed this story and I am so happy that it finally is going to continue ["I don't think that's a good idea.

• ["I don't think that's a good idea."]

Episode 2 - The Survival of the Fittest, Chapter 2 Angelica Marshall [Okay, I lied, he's my dad. I don't have 2 dads.] Angelica

Damn it to all. This is a hard one really, but also an easy one. I mean, come on. She's pregnant. Rummaging around blindly isn't all together the smartest thing you can be doing. And there's the whole bout of what Liquid said... Bugger all.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.