Who do you think will appear in Chapter 5?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Morgan. If she doesn't come back to the land of the living like GT obviously will I'm gonna be pissed. She's great and adds something to the game ;)
  • edited November 2009
    I agree there, but I'm still concerned that her shining moment of the episode might be that she has to sacrifice herself and stay behind in order for Guybrush to be able to get back.

But Telltale wouldn't do that to us, right?
  • edited November 2009
    I really hope not.
  • edited November 2009
    Don't care much about Morgan, but in the case of Wally perhaps his rescuing had to be cut because of those budget and time issues. Though considering he's not even at the wedding I can't be sure.
  • edited November 2009
    I think the whole thing was supposed to be a joke that Guybrush had so many other things to do first (like rescue the monkeys) that he was never going to remember to rescue Wally after all that.
  • edited November 2009
    Largo LeGrande!!!!!!!! Would make no sense... but still................ LARGO LEGRANDE!
  • edited November 2009
    That lookout guy, who did absolutely nothing other than be non-sequitor and deaf.

I mean, come on, he's old. By now he's probably also dead.
  • edited November 2009
    They so better bring MURRAY back for the grand final!, maybe Stan could be trying to sell Murray and they could have a big fight, Murray biting stand in his TOES! :D
  • edited November 2009
    No, the last we saw of Wally, he was hanging in the diorama of Guybrush and Wally being tortured in MI2. If you mouse-over him, he shows as "Dynamo-Monkeylectric Wally", but if you examine him, Guybrush realizes that LeChuck used the real Wally, and he promises to rescue him after all the other things he has to do. Unless he managed to escape on his own, Wally was still in the roller coaster when Guybrush collapsed it on LeChuck.

I'm so confused... I thought the last we saw of Wally was in the curse of monkey island, he was off to find the tattoo parlor on plunder island that was freckle safe... and he was alive...
  • edited November 2009
    Nope, go back to the last chapter, on the roller coaster, and when you get to the diorama of LeChuck torturing Guybrush and Wally, examine Wally. Who knows where he went after the Plunder Island beach or how he ended up on Monkey Island, but he's there. If you talk to him, they even repeat the "Could you please stop that annoying swinging?" joke from MI2.

Also, if it had really been a model, he would've been hatless and had his monocle instead of his eyepatch.
  • edited November 2009
    Oh man! I think you're right! Sorry, my other monkey island games aren't currently in the same country as I am, so I've just been going by what my crappy memory tells me...

...in that case...

... Wally! I wanna see Wally!
  • BasBas
    edited November 2009
    No, the last we saw of Wally, he was hanging in the diorama of Guybrush and Wally being tortured in MI2. If you mouse-over him, he shows as "Dynamo-Monkeylectric Wally", but if you examine him, Guybrush realizes that LeChuck used the real Wally, and he promises to rescue him after all the other things he has to do. Unless he managed to escape on his own, Wally was still in the roller coaster when Guybrush collapsed it on LeChuck.

Oh hey, you're right, I forgot all about that. Eh, I don't know. He managed to escape an explosion in LeChuck's dungeon once. He's a hardy fellow.
  • edited November 2009
    Bas wrote: »
    Oh hey, you're right, I forgot all about that. Eh, I don't know. He managed to escape an explosion in LeChuck's dungeon once. He's a hardy fellow.

As well as an explosion from LeChuck's ship from the beginning of Curse!
  • edited November 2009
    I hope there will be Toothrot!
  • edited November 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    As well as an explosion from LeChuck's ship from the beginning of Curse!

Yeah, but the only reason he survived that is because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. He was attached to chains when the roller coaster blew up.
  • edited November 2009
    ...Oh yeah... D:
  • edited November 2009
    Wally is one of my favourite characters in Monkey Island history, so of course I'd love to see him turn up! We don't know if he's dead though, but it seems likely. So he could turn up. Poor Wally, he's gone through so much!

I'm not sure how likely it is Wally would actually appear in the last chapter, but if I was the one choosing I'd probably pick him. :) But I'm not so I don't know what's likely!
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, but the only reason he survived that is because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. He was attached to chains when the roller coaster blew up.

He was chained up (identically) in LeChuck's Revenge, but he apparently survived that. Also, we don't really know quite how much time passed between the end of CMI and the explosion of the theme park, he could have escaped at any point in between.
  • edited November 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    He was chained up (identically) in LeChuck's Revenge, but he apparently survived that. Also, we don't really know quite how much time passed between the end of CMI and the explosion of the theme park, he could have escaped at any point in between.

I don't remember either instance of Wally being chained up. I feel stupid, could someone post a visual reference? :)
  • edited November 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I don't remember either instance of Wally being chained up. I feel stupid, could someone post a visual reference? :)

Yep :) This what you mean?

wallyq.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    shovell wrote: »
    Yep :) This what you mean?

wallyq.jpg

ooooh i thought you meant a train, or the actual railing. I remember that now.
  • edited November 2009
    Same deal with MI2 (I know it's been resolved already, but I found the picture and dang I'm gonna post it!)

mi2costume6.png
  • edited November 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »

No, he wasn't. After Guybrush puts out the candle, they both escape somehow, and the last we see of Wally in that game, he's standing in the center of a room full of dynamite with Guybrush when Guybrush drops a match.

WallyDynamite.png
  • edited November 2009
    My bad
  • edited November 2009
    i hope for herman toothrot
  • edited November 2009
    i hope for herman toothrot

Technically, Herman Toothrot as such doesn't exist anymore as he was identified as Horatio T. Marley in EMI. Sadly, that messed up that ingenious character (to me).
  • edited November 2009
    DINGHY DOG!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. So yeah, I hope Dinghy Dog shows up.
  • edited November 2009
    How about Guybrushes parents?
  • edited November 2009
    Guybrush's parents would be cool if they did another dance... with Santino.
  • edited November 2009
    yeah, if they moonwalked with him, it would be awesome!
  • edited November 2009
    i hope that other telltale characters appear. like he said (he was joking) hugh bliss? nah, how about zombie sam/max? trogdor? (died in episode 5, 8 bit is enough) or some other guy from w&g? i hope they include other dead guys from other telltale games.....
  • edited November 2009
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Technically, Herman Toothrot as such doesn't exist anymore as he was identified as Horatio T. Marley in EMI. Sadly, that messed up that ingenious character (to me).

i think that with the lack of mentioning of emi it may be different
  • edited December 2009
    i hope that other telltale characters appear. like he said (he was joking) hugh bliss? nah, how about zombie sam/max? trogdor? (died in episode 5, 8 bit is enough) or some other guy from w&g? i hope they include other dead guys from other telltale games.....

Trogdor
    lived and was seen torturing everyone during the credits
  • edited December 2009
    NOR TREBLIG, keeper of the crossroads

and we will find voodo lady in the land of dead for sure
  • edited December 2009
    if lucasarts have they're way we may end up with some of they're dead characters

(forgotten dead not dead dead)
  • edited December 2009
    I want to see Murry's body, no head attached though seeing as a skull is incapable of opening a chest.
  • edited December 2009
    yes, there is. I'm not sure how tecnically minded you are but there is a big difference. SCUMM is a 2D engine and GrimE is 3D, even if it uses prerendered backgrounds. You move the characters in a 3D space where as SCUMM mimics things like perspective by scaling the sprites.

Of course, but this discussion was never about wether the character models in the respective games are polygonal or sprites - that part is obvious.

How the chacters are scaled does little to change the point that we have never explored Monkey Island as a 3D environment, just as pre-rendered backgrounds, which for all intents and purposes are no different from drawn backgrounds other than the aestethics.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.