Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I reckon it's choosing to rule to be honest. I did a Rhysha play through where you give her the flower & all that, and then chose to rule - BAM - she hugged vaughn.

BigBadPaul posted: »

I was nice to her, but wasn't romantic to her. Completely distrusted Jack, told the girls about Jack, and she hugged me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Is it just me or does Rhys and Fiona running toward the portal seem like a lil nod to TWD S2's Kenny ending? The "Not fair, you got a head start" line rubs me that way haha

• edited October 2015

And we have Laura Baley (Fiona), who was Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite and Fetch in inFamous Second Son. In both games Troy Baker (Rhys) was also the voice of the playable main characters (Booker de Witt and Delsin).

lol I didn't even think about that connection, that's awesome!

• When Rhys is destroying the power core, the announcer says something differently every time.

• I noticed that! My first playthrough I got the orgy room...I haven't gotten it since

sniffle

When Rhys is destroying the power core, the announcer says something differently every time.

• Oh wow, I bro fisted Vaughn and I didnt see that message .-.

I feel like I miss alot of the messages, I missed the Cool Moves Rhys, Cool Moves as well

If you bro fist Vaughn as Fiona, a notification pops out saying "(?) Girls can be bros too!" Also, was it just me who though that Jack lo

• edited October 2015

Something I noticed in the Episode 2 teaser, from one of the unused cutscenes:

I'm assuming it's Athena's assassination contract list, with Fiona at the end, but I noticed Chuck Durden (Chuck Palahniuk/Tyler Durden) and laughed a bit.

• I'm sorry.. I skipped them too, don't send me to the wall of shame please!

HoboStew posted: »

Credit skipper!! Get him, boys.

• The messages are definitely one of the best features in Tales, my favorite is the one when Claptrap appears:

(?) Oh..my...gawd...

Poogers555 posted: »

Oh wow, I bro fisted Vaughn and I didnt see that message .-. I feel like I miss alot of the messages, I missed the Cool Moves Rhys, Cool Moves as well

• If you hire claptrap and ask him to not be annoying he'll mention that he once knew a guy named Corporal Bob, this guy:

Corporal Bob

• Haven't gotten that one yet.

I noticed that! My first playthrough I got the orgy room...I haven't gotten it since sniffle

• Guessing it was re-written.

Leluch123 posted: »

Ok what the hell happened to that epic standoff? It looked like it was supposed to be Jack vs Fiona....

• I blamed August and shot his hand, and it said that he 'respected me'.

• Trusted Jack, rejected Hyperion, didn't tell about Jack and I got her.

• I don't mean to nitpick, but it was actually Courtnee Draper who voiced Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite. ^^;

Yargh posted: »

And we have Laura Baley (Fiona), who was Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite and Fetch in inFamous Second Son. In both games Troy Baker (Rhys) was also the voice of the playable main characters (Booker de Witt and Delsin).

• If you stay silent as Fiona during the interrogation, Rhys takes over and asks why Loader Bot dragged them both through the desert so roughly, and beat the shit out of him earlier on. I was curious about that...

He answers : "I was angry. I felt betrayed. I should have known better."

So, I guess that's that... he's a very emotional robot and was still angry at the supposed betrayal.

• Chuck Durden seems to be a parody of every BL2 NPC's outfit, ever.

DirtSPP posted: »

Something I noticed in the Episode 2 teaser, from one of the unused cutscenes: I'm assuming it's Athena's assassination contract list, with Fiona at the end, but I noticed Chuck Durden (Chuck Palahniuk/Tyler Durden) and laughed a bit.

• edited October 2015

When Fiona kicks Vallory in her face, her shield is broken emitting a Nova that knocks her back.

This indicates that Vallory is well equipped for combat, and is a nice nod to the fact that shields are canon but not one that explains why characters seem to lack them at important moments in the story.

I also thought it was a pleasant reference to borderlands gameplay, this episode was filled with these.

• Can I on the wall of shame? I just want my name to be at Telltale. slips you a twenty

HoboStew posted: »

Credit skipper!! Get him, boys.

• There are sooooo many that I'm still updating the TV Tropes subpage for the gameplay references...

MrShadow posted: »

When Fiona kicks Vallory in her face, her shield is broken emitting a Nova that knocks her back. This indicates that Vallory is well equi

• lol, mind sharing the link? I don't think I caught all of them.

LawmanZero posted: »

There are sooooo many that I'm still updating the TV Tropes subpage for the gameplay references...

• I remember that guy in Zer0 Sum had a Maliwan shield that shocked Tector...

When Fiona kicks Vallory in her face, her shield is broken emitting a Nova that knocks her back. This indicates that Vallory is well equi

• MrShadow posted: »

lol, mind sharing the link? I don't think I caught all of them.

• That's different. My guess is that Tommy had a Maliwan Spike Shield, which could have surprised Tector because the element only reveals itself when you try to melee someone. If he had a Nova shield, Tector would be seriously damaged.

I remember that guy in Zer0 Sum had a Maliwan shield that shocked Tector...

• Oh, okay.

That's different. My guess is that Tommy had a Maliwan Spike Shield, which could have surprised Tector because the element only reveals itself when you try to melee someone. If he had a Nova shield, Tector would be seriously damaged.

• Vaughn wears the type of Psycho mask you bought in episode 1.

• edited October 2015

I thought that was just Vallory misfiring the launcher at the ground, knocking her back. Vallory seems to get knocked back a bit as well.
    Would that happen with a Nova?

Vallory knocked back

• I hope they change that in Borderlands 3

Chuck Durden seems to be a parody of every BL2 NPC's outfit, ever.

• Hmm, well I guess I could be wrong, but the timing of the explosion would make it kinda weird if it was the rocket launcher.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

I thought that was just Vallory misfiring the launcher at the ground, knocking her back. Vallory seems to get knocked back a bit as well. Would that happen with a Nova?

• Please Gearbox, do it.

I hope they change that in Borderlands 3

• Vaughn was literally sitting on 9 Million dollars

• KINETIC THERMAL HAAAAADOOOOOOOOUKEEEEENNNNNN! GO PHYSICS!

• When Helios crashed on Pandora, there's a good risk that Butt Stallion and Yvette , if you left her, died in the process.

• Lawyers and Accountants (Thankfully Vaughn wasn't there) But gosh dangit, why would you have an orhy room?! I'm serious so don't go trollin'

I noticed that! My first playthrough I got the orgy room...I haven't gotten it since sniffle

• edited October 2015

How to accomplish credit taking

Copy + Paste = Profit

Shoot... No one actually do that to this guy

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MythologyGag/TalesFromTheBorderlands

• BUTT STALLION NOOOOOO

The-Flix posted: »

When Helios crashed on Pandora, there's a good risk that Butt Stallion and Yvette , if you left her, died in the process.

• I'LL FOCKIN FITE U SKRUB

How to accomplish credit taking Copy + Paste = Profit Shoot... No one actually do that to this guy

• Apparently Yvette lives if you leave her in a cell. Butt Stallion you just made me realize. That freakin horse was the best man ;_;

The-Flix posted: »

When Helios crashed on Pandora, there's a good risk that Butt Stallion and Yvette , if you left her, died in the process.

• I believe I got an orgy room...unless I misheard it

Lawyers and Accountants (Thankfully Vaughn wasn't there) But gosh dangit, why would you have an orhy room?! I'm serious so don't go trollin'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.