This happens every time! (Telltale Batman release reactions)

Comments

• He's working on his own game these days. It looks cool. I hope it is.

BringBackSeanVannaman

• Well, I was certainly excited for this game, but you were definitely more excited.

I shit my pants with excitement when I found out about it.

• Not me, when i found out, i was like "YES!!!" This series is gonna be amazing! I can already tell! Why? BECAUSE IS FREAKING BATMAN!!!

• And then it becomes Game of the Year with a tonne of Awards and high Ratings.

People freaked out at the walking dead too, fearing it would be too vulgar and violent and that no story could come from a game about zombies haha.

• I hope EP2 will come soon

• I'm not even a big comic guy or anything and even I had the same reaction because I know how big Batman is as well as knowing the general jist of the series. I think it will translate very well into a Telltale game!

Smellmeh posted: »

Not me, when i found out, i was like "YES!!!" This series is gonna be amazing! I can already tell! Why? BECAUSE IS FREAKING BATMAN!!!

• That trailer was amazing.

Jennifer posted: »

Plus there were tons of people who didn't know about Fables who were complaining because it was based on fairy tales and that it would be to

• No, its real. Ive seen people hate on every game that has come out since TWD season one, mostly from frequenting Facebook.

What are you talking about, literally 90% of people in that reveal thread are excited? I'm starting to think this whole everyone gets angry

• I always believed in Telltale and if they think they can pull off Batman game then I trust them.

• And EP1. :P

joshua007 posted: »

I hope EP2 will come soon

• Nothing against batman but I'd rather it were an wolf among us season 2 announcement . This blows ._.

• My thoughts exactly. He is best comic villain.

AChicken posted: »

YES! Scarecrow would be the perfect villain to have as the main bad guy. I think all the episodes would be stand-alone, then the final 2 would be linked but Scarecrow would absolutely make my day. The tricks Telltale could pull on us, yeah!

• Well, I believe in Telltale. I could hate the comics (Which I don't.), but I believe in Telltale. I'll play this game.

I'm pretty excited, to be frank.

• Well on Facebook, people are going to complain. Outside of these forums, everything and anything is argued against and ripped to shreds. Everybody's a critic. (And a bad one at that).

• Big Comic fans are the ones who are terrified. Watching how GoT and TWAU were remade, shit even TWD was kinda mediocre.

People just want to see innovation, not similar stories play out continuously. We all still have a bad taste in our mouths from the GoT finale so ppl like me just aren't getting our hopes up. Telltale is consistent with their story-telling and we know not to expect anything too good.

I'm calling it now, this game will be a 6.5/10. 7 maybe

• I don't understand it either. If they were gonna pick any superhero to do a series on, I was hoping it would be Batman. It just makes so much sense for Telltale from a storytelling perspective and a gameplay perspective.

My ideal for this game would have them focus on Batman's famous psychological skills and investigation techniques to catch and defeat his enemies and add the cool combat scenes, environments and enemies on top of it. As it has been said, the Riddler would be a perfect villian for these games. Have choices and interactions be centred around solving puzzles which result in case breakthroughs, rather like a LA Noire style game, and have the action in between. This would successfully distinguish it from the brilliant Arkham trilogy and I think that is it's best shot at being a success.

• Have you seen the reviews for GoT? Everyone is praising it.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Big Comic fans are the ones who are terrified. Watching how GoT and TWAU were remade, shit even TWD was kinda mediocre. People just want

• Im not a fan of the series, but i hope it gets annouced so that you and other fans of the series can play. :)

Cope49 posted: »

Nothing against batman but I'd rather it were an wolf among us season 2 announcement . This blows ._.

• Lol wut?

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (GameRankings, PC).

83.38%

86.53%

85.41%

84.00%

94.75%

Winner of over 90 Game of the Year awards in 2012 along with a multitude of other awards

The Wolf Among Us (GameRankings, PC):

86.14%

78.37%

83.10%

76.73%

87.96%

Nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Story and Adventure Game of the Year for the 18th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards. Also nominated for two BAFTA awards.

Tales From the Borderlands (GameRankings, PC)

86.17%

80.54%

82.95%

82.13%

90.67%

Nominated for Best Narrative at 2015 Game Awards and Won Best Comedy at Global Game Awards

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (GameRankings, PC)

78.76%

81.39%

82.22%

78.58%

79.19%

Was also nominated for a bunch of awards.

Game of Thrones: Season 1 (GameRankings, PC)

74.37%

74.96%

76.52%

76.00%

71.40%

70.41%

Even GoT was nominated for Best Story.

Minecraft: Story Mode is the only one getting mediocre reviews and even then it won an award for Best Childrens Game for the Global Game Awards.

Big Comic fans are the ones who are terrified. Watching how GoT and TWAU were remade, shit even TWD was kinda mediocre. People just want

• Oh my bad.. I didn't know I couldn't have an opinion!

And I also base it off 1st hand sources (straight from ppl not from review sites) and a lot of ppl flooded the telltale Facebook with different opinions then what the "review sites" said. Lots of ppl hoping for telltale to show all their reviews and not just their favorable ones (and when you read the reviews, some of the reviews don't even make sense to the ones who played the game).

lupinb0y posted: »

Lol wut? The Walking Dead: Season 1 (GameRankings, PC). 83.38% 86.53% 85.41% 84.00% 94.75% Winner of over 90 Game of th

• I saw the selective reviews that telltale posted on their Facebook, and I also saw other reviews for the game that they didn't endorse.

But as a writer, no matter how much I love Lee, Bigby, Loaderbot, Carver, Luke, Scooter, Omid etc... It doesn't matter to the Telltale story-telling formula. My wifi can be called "Iron from Ice", but it doesn't change the consistent mediocrity.

And are we all acting like Telltale doesn't have mad money now compared to the Sam and Max days. Pewdiepie helped popularize TWD season 1 and now Telltale is doing it big. Now they're big money, it's not surprise that they are "winning" awards.

Have you seen the reviews for GoT? Everyone is praising it.

• You are allowed to have an opinion of course. But I think it is only fair if you reserved your judgement until the Batman game has come out.

Oh my bad.. I didn't know I couldn't have an opinion! And I also base it off 1st hand sources (straight from ppl not from review sites) a

• True my good sir...

I was just hoping for a Nightwing game if they went with Superheroes ;(

You are allowed to have an opinion of course. But I think it is only fair if you reserved your judgement until the Batman game has come out.

• edited December 2015

Profit is the most important P of marketing so obviously yeah it is TT´s main goal becuase the more money they have the more they can expand their activity.

I saw the selective reviews that telltale posted on their Facebook, and I also saw other reviews for the game that they didn't endorse. B

• edited December 2015

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. It's just how you worded what you said.

"Big Comic fans are the ones who are terrified. Watching how GoT and TWAU were remade, shit even TWD was kinda mediocre."

You made it to seem like fans thought that The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead were shit and mediocre, which is why they are wary of the Batman game, didn't know you just meant yourself. Also do you seriously think a gaming company is gonna show off a negative review for their game? Of course they're only gonna show the favourable ones.

And what do you mean by some of the reviews don't make sense? (This is a legitimate question)

Oh my bad.. I didn't know I couldn't have an opinion! And I also base it off 1st hand sources (straight from ppl not from review sites) a

• I guess anyone hoping for a season 2 of wolf amoung us shouldn't hold their breath... Ive never played borderlands or minecraft, and just tooled around with game of thrones. So I don't have an idea how those ip's would be affected.

But batman seems like it would be a good fit for telltales style of game if they kept it on kind of a dectetive vibe and stayed away from arcade style combat sequences. I'd be interested in seeing how it shapes up. I haven't been interested in any of telltales games since walking dead season two ended - which I was mildly dissapointed with.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited December 2015

Still more positive in here than when Minecraft was announced.

Heck Tales from the Borderlands got an awful lot of flack too with it's announcement and look how much people here love it. It's my personal favourite Telltale game now actually. I'm quite looking forward to Batman, I'm really wondering what they can do with it because I just love the idea of an interactive Batman story with the Telltale gameplay style. And that's exactly what we're getting.

• Yeah, people are really underestimating this game when it is already somewhat similar to Wolf Among Us in more ways than one. I think at this point, it's just people being predisposed to cynicism whenever Telltale announces a big franchise - except for Walking Dead of course, which obviously isn't a big franchise. ;)

CathalOHara posted: »

Still more positive in here than when Minecraft was announced. Heck Tales from the Borderlands got an awful lot of flack too with it's an

• edited December 2015

I remember the good old days when people were skeptical of Tales from the Borderlands. It is fun to look back and compare how many people love the game now. ;)

CathalOHara posted: »

Still more positive in here than when Minecraft was announced. Heck Tales from the Borderlands got an awful lot of flack too with it's an

• We all still have a bad taste in our mouths from the GoT finale so ppl like me just aren't getting our hopes up.

Speak for yourself, I absolutely loved the GoT finale.

• Alright this is bs

There were several different reviews on the telltale Facebook about GoT that I would use as examples... But they're gone for some reason. Now they only have one review up.. The watchers on the wall review.

And their review.. I kinda agree with. Although the points they made actually wouldn't warrant a 9/10 IMO. They talked about the lack of originality (foresters being telltales' Starks) but I disagreed with their viewpoint on Mira. Because you're literally doomed no matter what you do/say for her storyline.

Believe me, I had reviewed their reviews and was ready to retort.. But telltale.

lupinb0y posted: »

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. It's just how you worded what you said. "Big Comic fans are the ones who are terrified. Watchi

• K

Profit is the most important P of marketing so obviously yeah it is TT´s main goal becuase the more money they have the more they can expand their activity.

• It sounds contradictory to say it's my opinion, especially after stating that ppl generally feel this way. But telltale was flooded with individual reviews that were even worse than what gamer critic gave them.. And IMO the voices of the consumers are just as important as review sites.

But even looking at the review you put up for got... That's a 7/10... A C-.. Pretty mediocre.

Alright this is bs There were several different reviews on the telltale Facebook about GoT that I would use as examples... But they're go

• edited December 2015

Episode 6: 70.41%

Can't speak for yourself when numbers don't lie. Mediocre

Wolfenus54 posted: »

We all still have a bad taste in our mouths from the GoT finale so ppl like me just aren't getting our hopes up. Speak for yourself, I absolutely loved the GoT finale.

• But is that even a good thing?

People have been waiting for TWAU 2 and then they get slapped in the face with a similar game.

Literally... Slap in the face

Yeah, people are really underestimating this game when it is already somewhat similar to Wolf Among Us in more ways than one. I think at thi

• edited December 2015

Oh you just meant the reviews for weird to you for Game of Thrones? Well, you keep bringing up peoples opinions, and in their opinions despite the character lacking originality they still found enjoyment in the game. Enough to give it a high score.

And despite what you think of the game being mediocre and all that. There are going to be people who love it, whether or not they're reviewers or just players.

One more thing. You never stated you were just talking about GoT previously. You pretty much just made it seem like TWD, TWAU, TFTB and GoT all had gotten reviews you thought didn't make sense.

It sounds contradictory to say it's my opinion, especially after stating that ppl generally feel this way. But telltale was flooded with ind

• The same happened for TWD as well. There was even a petition to cancel the game. XD

I remember the good old days when people were skeptical of Tales from the Borderlands. It is fun to look back and compare how many people love the game now.

• Shows how well those things work.

The same happened for TWD as well. There was even a petition to cancel the game. XD

• Was a helluva good game compared to TFTB and 2nd season TWD and this muck mineshaft

Smellmeh posted: »

Im not a fan of the series, but i hope it gets annouced so that you and other fans of the series can play.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.