Everything wrong with Minecraft Story Mode

Comments

• In episode 1 they say "What the hell is that"

Eryka posted: »

When?

• Only one huge sin. The game itself.

• Look out everyone, we've got an edge-master over here.

Lordmark posted: »

Only one huge sin. The game itself.

• Hell isn't swearing at all, it's just a word used to mean a very bad place, some people just say it as a comeback, im not sure, but I think one of the characters in story mode said "Damn" before, idk, forgot when.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

In episode 1 they say "What the hell is that"

• I wouldn't say that, minecraft itself is boring as singleplayer, and not as many people like to do multiplayer.

besides, its always nice to see another visualization of what some people like to put in minecraft.

Not to mention the music is amazing in the game, sad music, epic traveling music, it has any cool music.

Lordmark posted: »

Only one huge sin. The game itself.

• Episode 2:

"Previously on Minecraft: Story Mode." ding.

Narration! ding.

So here's one big problem I have with this episode, if you choose to go with Olivia, Axel runs off alone and brings back Magnus by himself, and vice-versa with Olivia, but how did they do it? In both instances, Magnus/Ellegard would not have come back without Jesse's help, so how did Axel/Olivia bring Magnus/Ellegard back? Cookies? Pixie dust? The promise of Gabriel's safety in some kind of ransom? Either way, it's still getting counted as a sin. ding.

Axel continues his dickery towards Lukas. ding.

"Advanced Wither Sickness". Because normal wither sickness isn't enough to boost the plot, noooo, we need a life threatening disease to hinder the main characters and make the infected person useless. ding.

Axel is a dick to Lukas: Episode 3: Revenge of the Penis. ding.

Sorren's base is concealed within a disturbing and twisted ruined building that should seem suspicious but nobody bats an eye to until Ivor shows up. ding.

Axel is a dick to Lukas 4, The Re-dickening. ding.

Also, Magnus is a dick to Ellegard. ding.

And Ellegard is a dick to Magnus! "Ladies and Gentlemen, we here at telltale present to you, Minecraft: Story Mode: Episode 2: Everyone is a dick to EVERYONE! Gee, if only we had some apples for the protagonists to eat..." ding.

Alright, this fight scene with the potions is cute and well done, so I'll knock 2 sins off. shwoop.

However, this bullshit of Ivor getting away because of a lucky guess that it was a potion of slowness, AND the fact that he wasn't afflicted by it, AND he had enough time to get out of there when the slowness should last a much shorter time than that, is worthy of 15 sins on it's own. bring!

The episode's over already? Really?! An hour and 10 minutes? That's quite short for an episode from a modern telltale game! 5 sins! bring!

Sin Count: 28

Time it took me to write this: 7 minutes.

Sentence: The Hall of Dicks. (Warning, put on safe search before looking this up.)

• Iron Golem attacks player is a sin counter.... I think?

Episode 1. Opening Narration. ding. "The prophecy, blah blah blah, exposition, blah blah blah, long ago, blah blah blah." cliche. I bo

• Nah, they can attack you if you harm a villager, and same goes for if you program him with a mod.

Iron Golem attacks player is a sin counter.... I think?

• Man, oh man. Once again, very good.

Episode 2: "Previously on Minecraft: Story Mode." ding. Narration! ding. So here's one big problem I have with this episode, if you

• Thanks!

AChicken posted: »

Man, oh man. Once again, very good.

• It's a reference to the actual cinema sins

AronDracula posted: »

Does the time matter?

• I still don't see the point of it.

It's a reference to the actual cinema sins

• edited January 2016

"and not as many people like to do multiplayer"

I dont really think so. Many people love to do multiplayer instead of singleplayer. And to create your own ideas for what you build for other players. For example, Hunger Games.

Spidson posted: »

I wouldn't say that, minecraft itself is boring as singleplayer, and not as many people like to do multiplayer. besides, its always nice

• I like to read that while imagining the voice of the narrator of CinemaSins (I don't know his name, sorry :l)

Episode 2: "Previously on Minecraft: Story Mode." ding. Narration! ding. So here's one big problem I have with this episode, if you

• Dear Telltale games,

I purchased for Christmass the game Minecraft story mode on PS3 and played it with my 13 year old son,since he is a big Minecraft fan. We enjoyed the game a lot, until the end of episode 4, when Reuben, the piglet, dies. What kind of move was that guys? My son actually cried and I was very sad about Reuben's death. I thought this was a happy ending game mostly for kids. Thank you so much for breaking my son's heart, he barely fell asleep that night frown emoticon frown emoticon .... I understand that sometimes good characters have to die in a story but this is not Game of Thrones or Walking Dead this is a game for kids mostly, not a 'mature rated' one, since the 12 Rating. C'mon, Reuben was loved by all the kids, he was the cute pet and the best friend of the main character, Jesse. His death ruined the game for us and I consider it totally inappropriate for this type of game.

Please develop a patch in which Reuben can be saved through game options or please resurrect him somehow in episode 5, because that's what my son only asks about nowadays - "Will Reuben come back"?.

Regards,
    Andrew Malfurion

• I couldn't phrase it right. I mean it, like, a lot of people now go to multiplayer instead of singleplayer since theirs really nothing to do in singleplayer.

You found a portal to the end? Beated the enderdragon? Huh. Now do it all over again even when the same exact things are going to happen.

It just gets boring and boring, and traveling through endless land is also boring, you see the same stuff.

But with story mode, you actually play singleplayer with the stuff in Minecraft in this game. You can't build or anything, which brings the fun as showing what it would be like when some people were to imagine in their minds a normal life of actual characters that interact and do stuff in Minecraft.

Menofthe214 posted: »

"and not as many people like to do multiplayer" I dont really think so. Many people love to do multiplayer instead of singleplayer. And to create your own ideas for what you build for other players. For example, Hunger Games.

• How is "Magnus being a dick to Ellegard" a sin?

That's what I don't get about most of these "Everything wrong in X" videos.

Magnus being a dick to Ellegard is from a past obstacle, they're mad at each other for a understandable reason.

If you were piss mad in a horrible situation, you would ignore the horrible situation and become angry and argue.

It happens to plenty of people.

• edited January 2016

"Antagonist awakens some kind of godly monster that overpowers it's creator and starts to destroy the world" cliche. ding"

But atleast it was UNDERSTANDABLE(with the potion that stops the command block getting stolen, most stories like that don't have an exact excuse to why.)

""Chicken-sized zombies". *ding."
    "Zombie sized chickens." ding."

How are those a sin? Those are represented as a joke.

"Axel is a dick to Lucas. ding"

For a GOOD reason.

"Everyone in the Ocelots are massive dicks except for Lucas, which is highly unlikely considering he's the leader of the group. ding"
    That's why leaders are supposed to be the most knowledgeable, this isn't a sin.

"Rocky style training montage AND quick time events? 12 sins to you! bring!"

It's used for a joke.... A joke that doesn't become used a lot in games.

Episode 1. Opening Narration. ding. "The prophecy, blah blah blah, exposition, blah blah blah, long ago, blah blah blah." cliche. I bo

• Telltale just don't want to stop killing off major characters. It doesn't even feel like they want to listen. Do they really want us to hate them?

• Yeah, but this is mostly trying to match the tone of the real cinema sins videos on YouTube, which generously give sins to even the smallest of issues, even those that are meant to be a joke. It bothered me too for a while when I would think up comments like yours, but learned to let it go and enjoy the not-so-serious sins.

"Antagonist awakens some kind of godly monster that overpowers it's creator and starts to destroy the world" cliche. ding" But atleast it

• k

LoseMyHome posted: »

Yeah, but this is mostly trying to match the tone of the real cinema sins videos on YouTube, which generously give sins to even the smallest

• Dont blame game characters death to telltale. You are not the first man that saw reuben deaths. I saw it too, i was too sad to looking at the scenes where reuben turned into porkchop, but my part say: Control your emotions.

Dont blame it to telltale because this is not the first time telltale make sacrifices scenes. You remember TWD S1, when clementine must shot Lee before he turned into walkers? Same as reuben. Reuben is trying to help jesse when his/ her sword fell and reuben trying to do what he must do; destroy the command block. So reuben dead as heroes, not a useless pig

(SORRY CONTAINS FEW TWD S1 SPOILERS)

AronDracula posted: »

Telltale just don't want to stop killing off major characters. It doesn't even feel like they want to listen. Do they really want us to hate them?

• Are you just going to post this in every thread? Your son is 13 and should be able to handle a virtual pig dying

• Um, you do realize what Cinemasins is and what it does, right? The Zombie-Sized Chickens/Chicken-Sized Zombies is a joke. The joke is that those are ridiculous and shouldn't be there, but are, and while it's funny, it's still a sin.

And I'm well aware that the potion stopped it from happening, but the fact that the godly monster overpowered him is a cliche which is used often, and is sinful.

No, Axel is a dick to Lucas purely to be a dick.

Honestly, I think you should learn what sarcasm and nitpicking are.

"Antagonist awakens some kind of godly monster that overpowers it's creator and starts to destroy the world" cliche. ding" But atleast it

• It's called "Sarcasm", "Nitpicking" and "Jokes"

Like, how... what is wrong with you?

How is "Magnus being a dick to Ellegard" a sin? That's what I don't get about most of these "Everything wrong in X" videos. Magnus bei

• It's Jeremy, and I would read it in his voice too. :)

MimoDX2 posted: »

I like to read that while imagining the voice of the narrator of CinemaSins (I don't know his name, sorry :l)

• This is not about controlling our emotions, or about other Telltale games. I played TWD and GAme of Thrones, those are gory and mature, you can expect characters dying gruesomely there. This is about killing off a major character, an adorable one, in a game meant mostly for kids. Maybe a kid can 'handle' it in the sense he won't go into depression over this, but I think a game designed mostly for kids should leave them with a warm fuzzy feeling, not with a 'whatever I do in the game, my best friend dies'. That plainly s"cks, for a kid or for an adult. Also, I think anyone who is a gamer and plays choice and consequence games like TellTale's, apreciates that bit of control where you choose what happens next, like the choice with Magnus and Elegaard's armor. I mean, ok , someone has to die, but at least let me choose who I get to take a risk with in the next sequence. That should be what a 'choice and consequence' game is all about, not about: whatever I do in the game, my best friend/pet dies. What's up with that? Please Tell Tale, make it so with Reuben as well, let gamers have a choice!

• edited January 2016

No, I think its a good message that sometimes people/animals die and there is nothing they can do about that.

characters dying gruesomely there.

The pig didnt die gruesomely, it died comically like they always do in minecraft. I assume your child plays the base Minecraft game and regularly beats animals to death for their meat, thats more gruesome.

but I think a game designed mostly for kids should leave them with a warm fuzzy feeling,

And thats your opinion, you cant demand an entire game be changed because of what you think. To be honest though I'm thinking you may get your wish in some form, the games universe allows for cheap revivals etc so I could see it happening.

This is not about controlling our emotions, or about other Telltale games. I played TWD and GAme of Thrones, those are gory and mature, you

• I post it in the threads I consider necessary. What my kid can handle or not is certainly none of your business mate.

Are you just going to post this in every thread? Your son is 13 and should be able to handle a virtual pig dying

• It is my opinion and the opinion of many others, based on the common sense that kid games should be fun, not sad. Reuben does die gruesomely, he takes fall damage and sadly whimpers before he tragically dies. There are many grown man youtubers who cried over this scene.

No, I think its a good message that sometimes people/animals die and there is nothing they can do about that. characters dying gruesom

• edited January 2016

"No, Axel is a dick to Lucas purely to be a dick"

No, what is wrong with YOU?
    If you were to do real research, then you'd figure it out. Use your brain if you have one.
    Axel was mad at Lukas due to Lukas being the leader of the Ocelots in the beginning, but he grows more mad after they first go to the nether due to Lukas frozen in fright, Axel KNEW Lukas could've helped and gotten Petra, but Axel is now furious that he just didn't do anything and became a nuisance standing around.

Axel now knows Lukas isn't the aggressive type even if he's the leader of the Ocelots. Hence why Axel said "I'm not afraid of you, now that I know how you really are".

It's called "Sarcasm", "Nitpicking" and "Jokes" Like, how... what is wrong with you?

• edited January 2016

Cinemasins is almost a joke, hence why they're a comedy channel.

They always have to "sin" on something so LITTLE and stupid.

Some of what they even say doesn't make sense and don't even connect to what they say, so some watchers are dumb folded on what they even explained.

They always have to say something like "AW, SO CUTE! MINUS 30 SINS"

that's just SOOOO bias, and then they just make up their sin number at the end which doesn't COUNT at all. So it's pretty pointless as a number.

Um, you do realize what Cinemasins is and what it does, right? The Zombie-Sized Chickens/Chicken-Sized Zombies is a joke. The joke is that t

• edited January 2016

Trust me. A bunch of people in this community are older than that and even that made them sad.

Are you just going to post this in every thread? Your son is 13 and should be able to handle a virtual pig dying

• If you're going to post it, please don't just copy & paste. It's not very good discussion material if its the exact same post in 3 different threads.

Thanks.

I post it in the threads I consider necessary. What my kid can handle or not is certainly none of your business mate.

• Cinemasins is almost a joke, hence why they're a comedy channel. They always have to "sin" on something so LITTLE and stupid.

That tells me you just don't know what Cinemasins is in general. They are a joke, the whole channel, Jeremy says it's a joke, but he does make rational sins at times. Newsflash, It's all a big joke.

Cinemasins is almost a joke, hence why they're a comedy channel. They always have to "sin" on something so LITTLE and stupid. Some of

• sigh. I went for 2 weeks without bullshit like this. 2 weeks.

"No, Axel is a dick to Lucas purely to be a dick" No, what is wrong with YOU? If you were to do real research, then you'd figure it out.

• Look, shit in my life is too hard for me right now to deal with this shit. I've gone through enough without having to start an argument with another douchebag I can't explain myself to because they're too douchey to let me. I wrote this damn post for fun dude, I was having fun doing it, but of course there's always an asshole who doesn't understand opinions or jokes. Not to say you're an asshole, I'm sure your a swell guy, but you're acting like an ass right now. I just wanted to have fun, good god.

Look, if you hate my shit, don't comment on it. Simple as that, just don't go stirring up a nest of bees when there's no honey in the hive.

"No, Axel is a dick to Lucas purely to be a dick" No, what is wrong with YOU? If you were to do real research, then you'd figure it out.

• k mr. pickletoes.

Look, shit in my life is too hard for me right now to deal with this shit. I've gone through enough without having to start an argument with

• What is that name supposed to mean? Haven't heard that one yet.

k mr. pickletoes.

• Episode 3 (Oh yes, I'm doing this one too.) (My playthrough was with Gabriel btw)

Previously on The Walking De-- Oh, damn! Wrong game, Sorry! ding.

sigh. Opening Narration. ding.

Splash Potion of Slowness conveniently lasts for a short enough time so our heroes can break out of the spell and go after Ivor. ding.

Breaking stone with your bare hands. Ouch. ding.

Ho-ho-ly shit. This grinder scene is fuck-awesome. I'll remove a sin for it, that's so cool. shwoop.

Creeper falls at the exact same time as Jesse so the grinder will stop working to save the protagonists. Convenience! ding.

"Stay away from my pig." Jesse uncharacteristically and unnecessarily has the option to be a dick to Lukas in this scene. Like, is there any reason he'd ever say that? Even if Jesse was a dick to Lukas throughout an entire playthrough, Lukas just saved Reuben's life. That right there is a poor excuse for writing. ding.

"One of the main characters have some kind of disease that makes them dead weight for the rest of the group" Cliche. ding.

"Mystical hero who might have the answer to all the problems lives in a hidden mystical place" cliche. ding.

Lukas and Jesse have a cock fight about who needs to lead them through a horde of endermen. Nobody needs to lead anyone! You're keeping your heads down and moving through, how does that take a leader? ding.

30 minutes in and nobody has picked up on the fact that Lee's sick. Lee? Did I say Lee? Sorry, I meant Gabriel. I was having a bit of Deja Vu there for a second. ding.

A disturbing outside area made of wool inside of a house in the end. Sorry guys, no matter how much those kids look up to Soren, he's gone nuts. This should have tipped them off instantly. ding.

Puzzles that force you to talk to people. I wanted to play a point and click adventure game, not Ocarina of Time. ding.

Jesse decides going out into a herd of endermen wearing a prototype enderman suit is a smart idea, and sure enough, it works, because he's the protagonist! ding.

Okay, I'm gonna take a sin away for the look the Enderman gives Jesse when he takes the block. That shit's hilarious. shwoop.

Soren's musical number. ding. Oh, you want to know why that's a sin? You want to know why a joke inside of a video game is a sin? F*ck you! That's why!

Having to do the same puzzle twice. I wanted to play a point and click adventure game, not Ocarina of-- ding.

An hour and 20 minutes in and Lee's sickness is still a danger to the group. Lee? Sorry, sorry. Made the same mistake twice. It's Gabriel, right? Totally. ding.

Magnus and Ellegard appear out of nowhere 10 minutes from the episodes ending. Where were these assholes throughout the episode? Probably being dicks to each other. ding.

Telltale grows the balls to kill off Ellegard/Magnus, but everyone in the witherstorm are still perfectly safe. ding.

Of course, the F-bomb didn't work, because this game still needed 2 more episodes so Telltale could make more money, so why not create some magical bullshit about the Command block not breaking? ding.

Sin Count: 17 (that I found)

Time it took me to write this: 20 minutes

Sentence: Alone in a Bedrock room with Gary. (Gary may seem scary, But he's a swell guy!)

This discussion has been closed.