Kaptainkristian - YouTube channel with short/high quality video essays about Pixar, Adult Swim, more

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited February 2022 in General Chat

Hey guys! A while back, I recently discovered a new YouTube channel that has been putting out some fantastic video essays; even if you are normally not into video essays or think the idea sounds really boring, I strongly recommend checking this channel out. It's relatively young, but the production qualities are really great and the videos are engaging to watch.
I first discovered the channel from a video they made about Pixar, but they also have some other great video essays as well.

The videos usually range about 5 to 8 minutes, so don't worry about them being too long.

If you want to get your feet wet, I'd recommend watching the Pixar video as an introduction.

I'd recommend starting with this video: Pixar - What Makes a Story Relatable

Comments

• That Calvin and Hobbes video is fantastic. Really well done and incredibly professional.

• New Video Essay

Batman - Evolving The Legend

Batman - Evolving The Legend

• Holy mother of necro-bumps! KaptainK is out of their hiatus and back to making YouTube essays, the latest of which is about Cowbob Bebop.

• edited February 2022

The Calvin and Hobbes video got unlisted, apparently as requested by Bill Watterson himself because his voice is in it which is interesting.

But here's a link to the unlisted video anyway :grimace:

lupinb0y posted: »

That Calvin and Hobbes video is fantastic. Really well done and incredibly professional.

• apparently as requested by Bill Watterson himself because his voice is in it

well that sucks. I wonder why he'd want it taken down for that (haven't seen the video yet, so maybe there's a reason in there)

Thanks for the unlisted link.

lupinb0y posted: »

The Calvin and Hobbes video got unlisted, apparently as requested by Bill Watterson himself because his voice is in it which is interesting. But here's a link to the unlisted video anyway

• It's because he doesn't like being in the eye of the public at all. Which is why there are barely any pictures of him that exist. I didn't even know he'd done an interview until I'd seen this video.

Man really came in, made the greatest comic strip of all time and dipped.

AChicken posted: »

apparently as requested by Bill Watterson himself because his voice is in it well that sucks. I wonder why he'd want it taken down for that (haven't seen the video yet, so maybe there's a reason in there) Thanks for the unlisted link.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.