The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• The writer of the past games leaving Valve makes it seem as good as dead. Poor guy, he was probably sick of not really working on a game, considering Valve doesn't seem to care about games that are not F2P nowadays.

I have now officially given up on Half-Life 3.

• You and I are in the same boat. I have been wanting to change mine to Jane for months.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I must resist the urge to change it

• Can I join? I gave up on it as soon as Michael Pachter said Valve would make HL3 back in 2012. Most of his predictions end up going the other way around.

Join the club because you and I seem to be the only people who have.

• I would feel happier being on a forum of adults over kids, kids can be so fucking weird and strangely intolerant, when you get older things stop shocking you

• Savage B) B)

Lol, when I was just browsing through I read it like "Shades are cool, like the opposite of Max". Makes sense haha.

• You are strong, keep it up girl <3

You and I are in the same boat. I have been wanting to change mine to Jane for months.

• Sorry about that. :(

My grandmother has died today.

• After hearing about all these performance issues with the new Batman game, I think I will wait it out for the full season and all the issues fixed. I've already wasted money on one broken game, I don't intend to get another one similar. Shame, I wanted to get it shortly.

• It should be fine on console and ive heard it runs well on very good pc's . Its cheaper to wait anyway TWAU cost me £25 on xbox360 and £8 on ps4 so I suggest waiting.

After hearing about all these performance issues with the new Batman game, I think I will wait it out for the full season and all the issues

• That's a bit reassuring. I'm getting the console version. Batman's like 25 bucks for the season pass at the moment. Still gonna tread carefully. After wasting like 45 dollars on a broken New Vegas I've been much more careful.

TWAU was freaking amazing. I found both comic series of it so I can start reading it soon. : )

It should be fine on console and ive heard it runs well on very good pc's . Its cheaper to wait anyway TWAU cost me £25 on xbox360 and £8 on ps4 so I suggest waiting.

• Fallout new vegas? Has that been re-released recently

That's a bit reassuring. I'm getting the console version. Batman's like 25 bucks for the season pass at the moment. Still gonna tread carefu

• I thought my family was terrible, then I went to the vent thread to read...

• Nope, read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-batman-telltale-has-technical-issues-on-console-too

On PS4 and XB1 the framerate can go all the way from 60FPS to 15FPS in the exact same scene. It's also sub-HD on XB1 and runs at 1600x766 on PS4 with a ton of jaggies.

It should be fine on console and ive heard it runs well on very good pc's . Its cheaper to wait anyway TWAU cost me £25 on xbox360 and £8 on ps4 so I suggest waiting.

• edited August 2016

Sorry dude. I know the feeling, lost my grandparents many years ago now. Had many deaths in my family including my dad 4 years ago. You never get over it sadly but at the same time, things get better with time.

Chin up! Season 3 is here soon to take your mind off things

• I'd recommend you wait until TT patches the console ports of Batman, Tobi.

That's a bit reassuring. I'm getting the console version. Batman's like 25 bucks for the season pass at the moment. Still gonna tread carefu

• Heh, what makes you think I'm a girl? You assume?

You are strong, keep it up girl

• Haven't you said before you were a girl? I know you are from Florida. Also your speedpaint video, IIRC your hands were..uh..feminine?

Heh, what makes you think I'm a girl? You assume?

• Actually I got it at a pawnshop. I know, games from there have a higher chance of being shit. But I was so sure when I got because there were no scratches on it. Almost seemingly unused. But then after getting many of the add ons I played it and it would crashso much I only just done the Goodsprings shootout. It was then after ranting about it, that often Bethesda's console ports with New Vegas were made like that. Since then, I kept a closer eye on how games performed.

Fallout new vegas? Has that been re-released recently

• So it's been like a month since I showed off that preview of the Walking Dead picture I was making. I'm proud to say I'm actually making progress. I just finished the lineart of Clem. I'll show my progress tomorrow! : 3

• If I did say it then it was probably a looong time ago. Oh and you're right. Sometimes I don't know who has seen my videos and who hasn't.

Haven't you said before you were a girl? I know you are from Florida. Also your speedpaint video, IIRC your hands were..uh..feminine?

• Sorry for your loss.

• edited August 2016

Fuck Micheal Patcher. He's a douche who thinks he's right 100% of the time and is wrong 100000% of the time.

MichaelBP posted: »

Can I join? I gave up on it as soon as Michael Pachter said Valve would make HL3 back in 2012. Most of his predictions end up going the other way around.

• The episodes are part of the game though, it's part of the canon. And Episode 2's ending was in fact, bullshit.

HL2's ending was anything but a cliffhanger until the episodes came. At least compared to some other game series that ended with way bigger ones. Ungrateful fans, I swear to god...

• Your new avatar is cute. I never understood the lolita craze of putting a flower over one eye though :/

MichaelBP posted: »

Nope, read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-batman-telltale-has-technical-issues-on-console-too On PS4 and XB1

• If anyone here knows how to upload a video from Movie Maker to YouTube and wants to be generous today, please PM me.

• I don't use Movie Maker, but don't most video editing programs allow you to externally save the video onto your device, which you can in turn just upload to YouTube directly?

If anyone here knows how to upload a video from Movie Maker to YouTube and wants to be generous today, please PM me.

• edited August 2016

Thanks :) She's Zero, the protagonist of Drakengard 3. As for the flower, it's not really that she's choosing to wear, more like it's growing out of her eye socket, though explaining it would be spoiling the story and it is a very important plot point. Though I suppose that doesn't change that she was designed this way.

And I wouldn't exactly call her cute, considering how often she is soaked in blood.

enter image description here

Your new avatar is cute. I never understood the lolita craze of putting a flower over one eye though

• I'm sorry for your loss.

• With Movie Maker it saves to your device as a WLMP file. Youtube can't upload your video from that. It needs to be a MP4, MOV, AVI, or WMI... and there's a couple more it can be. I was able to conver the WLMP file to an MP4 and I uploaded it but the resolution was awful even though I saved it in high def. I have been having problems with this for four days and I'm just so fed up at this point.

I don't use Movie Maker, but don't most video editing programs allow you to externally save the video onto your device, which you can in turn just upload to YouTube directly?

• edited August 2016

I know right? Dude is usually so full of himself whenever he's predicting something, and he always ends up being wrong. It's really no surprise why no onetakes him seriously and he pretty much became a meme.

I guess Valve didn't want to tarnish his good name, and so they canned HL3... if they even started working on it at all.

Fuck Micheal Patcher. He's a douche who thinks he's right 100% of the time and is wrong 100000% of the time.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

I looked on Google, and found something about converting your filw to .mwv; That might work better than converting it to .mp4

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2888420?hl=en

You may have tried to upload a .wlmp project file, which isn’t supported by YouTube. Convert the project to a .wmv file to fix the problem.

1. Open Windows Live Movie Maker and click the File menu
    2. Select Save Movie
    3. Select Recommended for this project
    4. Choose a place to save the movie, then click Save

With Movie Maker it saves to your device as a WLMP file. Youtube can't upload your video from that. It needs to be a MP4, MOV, AVI, or WMI.

• Thank you, but I actually have been to that website already. I have tried every google search you could recommend. My luck has just been awful lately.

Also, google's/youtube's "help" website is out of date with most of the instructions. So after their update the instructions for most things aren't accurate which leads to more confusion.

I looked on Google, and found something about converting your filw to .mwv; That might work better than converting it to .mp4 https://s

• You'll need to save it as an MP4 file. When you save your video, go to file > save movie > recommended for this project, and it should automatically save it as an MP4.

If anyone here knows how to upload a video from Movie Maker to YouTube and wants to be generous today, please PM me.

• I did that. But when I upload it to youtube the quality is garbage even though I have the settings on high def.

NoGoingBack posted: »

You'll need to save it as an MP4 file. When you save your video, go to file > save movie > recommended for this project, and it should automatically save it as an MP4.

• And you've tried file > save movie > for high definition display, too? i think there's also an option to publish the video to youtube directly from movie maker.

I did that. But when I upload it to youtube the quality is garbage even though I have the settings on high def.

• I tried that too unfortunately.

And whenever I try to log into youtube from Movie Maker it says my password is wrong. I know it's not wrong because I log into youtube everyday with my same user and password. I'll try from a different computer.

NoGoingBack posted: »

And you've tried file > save movie > for high definition display, too? i think there's also an option to publish the video to youtube directly from movie maker.

• Ikr? I recognize members more by their avatars than their actual usernames. xp

I try to keep the same color scheme at least. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

joriandrake posted: »

Why do some people constantly change their avatars? When I almost get used to one its changed again. o_O

• That's really strange .-. well, try on a different computer. I don't really know what it could be, sorry. I hope you fix the problem though!

I tried that too unfortunately. And whenever I try to log into youtube from Movie Maker it says my password is wrong. I know it's not wrong because I log into youtube everyday with my same user and password. I'll try from a different computer.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited August 2016

Whatever's On Your Mind... Last month I wanted to contact Telltale's forum staff. There are few email addresses. I tried every one. Matter was essential for me, for this community. No one answered, no one wrote - nope, you're wrong. It seems they don't care about regular users at all.

• edited August 2016

. @NoGoingBack @Blind Sniper So I got it to work. I smashed a bunch of buttons and used a different computer. Thanks for your help, though. :)

Anyway, I finished the Rick drawing. The photo quality isnt the best since I had to resize the picture a lot but oh well...

Speed Video:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.