Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

Comments

• thanks, i appreciate that.

I wish all of this happened in No time left.

• edited November 2016

When I first played Amid the Ruins, I thought Jane was from Crawford.

• Just like Molly...

When I first played Amid the Ruins, I thought Jane was from Crawford.

• edited November 2016

No, not exactly. They'd have 2 differences.

DabigRG posted: »

Just like Molly...

• Oh. Well, what did you mean because Molly was definitely from Crawford?

No, not exactly. They'd have 2 differences.

• edited November 2016

Not exactly. I thought Jane was from Crawford because of how selfish she is. ;)

Get it? Because Oberson and his people at Crawford were all about survival of the fittest?

Oh. Well, what did you mean because Molly was definitely from Crawford?

• Oh, well obviously. I just thought you were also suggesting that she had a connection to Molly due to similar attitudes but different morals.

Not exactly. I thought Jane was from Crawford because of how selfish she is. Get it? Because Oberson and his people at Crawford were all about survival of the fittest?

• No, I was only suggesting what I said.

Oh, well obviously. I just thought you were also suggesting that she had a connection to Molly due to similar attitudes but different morals.

• Okay then.

No, I was only suggesting what I said.

• edited November 2016

I used to have a pretty elaborate theory regarding Molly and the battery in S1E4.

When Lee and Molly get the battery, Molly suddenly leaves us and insists on taking the battery with her as collateral. She later returns it but makes an odd "Oh yeah, about that...." comment before handing it back over. My theory was that Molly actually swapped the battery out for an old dead battery, that maybe she was scavengning hardcore or even had her own boat somewhere else. Oh, and after wanting to come with us on the boat all episode she suddenly doesn't want anything to do with it.

Her story about getting the picture of her sister pretty much disproved this theory, except for the fact that there is a broken picture frame with a missing photo back at the mansion. I thought it was possible that Molly (having scavenged the fuck outta that house) took the photo, swapped out the battery for a bogus one, and then used that picture to make up some story about where she had been.

The main reason I wanted to believe this theory is because it means that Vernon and the cancer patients were completely screwed over. I just wanted to imagine their faces when they got to the water and the battery doesn't work. I like to think that Vernon starved to death on a boat with no power. I know this theory doesn't hold much weight but it is still fun and goes to show how much you can overthink this game :)

• Heh. What a bitch.

I used to have a pretty elaborate theory regarding Molly and the battery in S1E4. When Lee and Molly get the battery, Molly suddenly leav

• I like this theory.

I used to have a pretty elaborate theory regarding Molly and the battery in S1E4. When Lee and Molly get the battery, Molly suddenly leav

• Not really a theory from when I first played the game, but it's worth noting anyway: Arvo's group went to Wellington at some point and may have even stayed there for a while.

• edited November 2016

I think they were turned away since they had the bags and resorted to living in an unfinished house. Plus 3/4 of the group didn't speaka da English and one member was covered in prison tattoos, so I can see them being quite easy for Edith to turn away.

Since they had two bags, however, we can guess that either a) Wellington gave them an extra bag as well since Arvo is handicapped or b) They didn't all go up to Wellington's gate at the same time and went in two groups in order to get more supplies.

Not really a theory from when I first played the game, but it's worth noting anyway: Arvo's group went to Wellington at some point and may have even stayed there for a while.

• I thought Lee was gonna die before I saw him get bitten. Turns out I was right.

• That's a very good point. Plus, from what we see of Buricko and Vitali, its likely that they would've gotten evicted or gunned down real quick.

Still, it makes Arvo's experiences with Kenny feel all the more ironic.

I think they were turned away since they had the bags and resorted to living in an unfinished house. Plus 3/4 of the group didn't speaka da

• This is about the show...it was my first TWD experience. When Rick rode into Atlanta, there was a Walker on a bus he passed that looked more alert and actually smart. I thought then that there may be different types of walkers, some retaining a bit of their intelligence.

• Speaking as someone who hasn't watched the show yet: Da fuck?!

This is about the show...it was my first TWD experience. When Rick rode into Atlanta, there was a Walker on a bus he passed that looked mor

• You have to watch the series...it is really good.

Speaking as someone who hasn't watched the show yet: Da fuck?!

• I can see Wellington having their own version of the 3 questions.

I think they were turned away since they had the bags and resorted to living in an unfinished house. Plus 3/4 of the group didn't speaka da

• I'm gonna feign knowledge and say those 3 questions are a border patrol thing.

I can see Wellington having their own version of the 3 questions.

• I've been thinking about it for a bit, what with people like @Deltino making references to it and whatnot. I watched a trailer for the first episode last week and the impressions I got were...mixed.

You have to watch the series...it is really good.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2016

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show.

I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is rather inconsistent. There are some fantastic episodes of the show, such as the pilot episode, but then you have some really subpar-- if not terrible-- episodes as well. And it goes up and down throughout each season.

That's just my opinion again, but I'd suggest at least giving it a fair chance. The first season's only 6 episodes, and for the most part, it's one of the most consistent seasons in terms of quality. If not, you could try watching some separate episodes. There's a few really good episodes that are more or less stand-alone, that you could probably get away with watching without having watched the full series. Could give you a few episodes that really stood out to me:

• Season 4, Episode 14 - The Grove

• Season 3, Episode 12 - Clear

• Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot

• Season 5, Episode 9 - What Happened and What's Going On

• Season 6, Episode 4 - Here's Not Here

But yeah, I prefer the comic and the game over the show. I'll end this with the recommendation to give the comics in particular a chance. They're pretty damn good, if you ask me. And I mean, it is the source material after all, so...

I've been thinking about it for a bit, what with people like @Deltino making references to it and whatnot. I watched a trailer for the first episode last week and the impressions I got were...mixed.

• Season 2 Nebraska.

Deltino posted: »

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show. I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is rathe

• [removed]

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show. I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is rathe

• Do you realize how precious this theory is?

If it were true, not only it would add immense depth to Molly's rather shallow character, but it would also include numerous events that happened behind the scenes, and it would provide a reasonable explanation as to how Boyd, Joyce and Clive ended up at Gil's Pitstop instead of the coasts of Georgia.

I'm just going to assume it is what happened, and, as a result of this, I consider Season One to be better than I did an hour ago.

However, why would Molly have sex with Walter Ashe, also known as Logan? The one explanation that I can find is that Molly herself was diabetic and needed medicine, although I don't remember if she mentioned a sister in the tapes.

• edited November 2016

Rick asks people 3 questions to determine suitability for his group.

1. How many walkers have you killed
      1. How many people have you killed
      1. Why?

I'm gonna feign knowledge and say those 3 questions are a border patrol thing.

• edited November 2016

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show.

I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is rather inconsistent.

Eeh...I was afraid of that. Along with the walkers.

The first season's only 6 episodes, and for the most part, it's one of the most consistent seasons in terms of quality.

6 episodes?! No wonder it's consistent! Did it start off as a mini-series originally?

Could give you a few episodes that really stood out to me:
    Season 4, Episode 14 - The Grove
    Season 3, Episode 12 - Clear
    Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot
    Season 5, Episode 9 - What Happened and What's Going On
    Season 6, Episode 4 - Here's Not Here

Thanks for the recommendations, mate!

I'll end this with the recommendation to give the comics in particular a chance. They're pretty damn good, if you ask me. And I mean, it is the source material after all, so...

Well, that should go without sayin! Maybe I'll see if I can track down any possible graphic novels I can get for cheap if the TV Show gets me in a decent way.

• Wow! Sounds like my kinda guy! Not sure why a city of refuge would ask those questions specifically but whatever.

Rick asks people 3 questions to determine suitability for his group. * * How many walkers have you killed * * How many people have you killed * * Why?

• edited June 2017

If it were true, not only it would add immense depth to Molly's rather shallow character

Yeah: that she's a bitch.:lol:

However, why would Molly have sex with Walter Ashe, also known as Logan? The one explanation that I can find is that Molly herself was diabetic and needed medicine, although I don't remember if she mentioned a sister in the tapes.

...Is that a reference to something?

On the other matter, her sister was the one who had diabetes/cancer and the medicine was supposed to keep her from showing the symptoms. When Dr. Logan had to cut the arrangement short due to Oberson putting tighter restrictions on the supplies, she was discovered and presumably kicked out of Crawford. Hence why Molly tends to go emo when she's not channeling Spiderman.

Do you realize how precious this theory is? If it were true, not only it would add immense depth to Molly's rather shallow character, but

• I thought then that there may be different types of walkers, some retaining a bit of their intelligence.

Aye, that is because Frank Darabont (season 1 writer) put his own twist on the universe that was quickly stamped out when he was replaced in season 2. That is why in season 1 we can see walkers being smarter and able to use rocks as tools, we see Jim prophetically knowing how many graves to dig before the walker attack, and we have the whole crazy plot at the CDC. I loved season 1 and the extra magic that Darabont threw on top.

This is about the show...it was my first TWD experience. When Rick rode into Atlanta, there was a Walker on a bus he passed that looked mor

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2016

6 episodes?! No wonder it's consistent! Did it start off as a mini-series originally?

It's mainly because of, if memory serves correct, the writer's strike was going on at the time. That impacted quite a bit of TV shows. There's a few other that got shorter seasons as a result of the strike, as well.

But I think it was also part of AMC not being sure about how well the show would pan out. So they did a smaller season to test the waters. And obviously, TWD turned out to be one hell of a success.

After that, the second season got 13 episodes, which then got bumped up to 16 for season three and onwards. That's probably part of why the show's quality dips; too many episodes per season. Leads to quite a few episodes that are basically filler/padding. At times, they arguably rush certain plot lines, but other times, some of them get drawn out for half a season. At times, the show just can't seem to keep a good pace at all.

That's one good thing about the games; there's not really any episode of either season that you can really call a filler episode. Every episode has some meaning in the end, some part of the story that moves forward. The comic has some slower issues, but they never really feel wasted in the end; they build towards something. Sadly, I can't say the same for the show.

I will give the show two things that it has done consistently well since the first season: the soundtrack, and the practical effects/make-up.

Seriously, all of the kill shots and violent moments are really good. The practical stuff, at least. They use CGI now and again, but it's usually not the best. But the practical effects? They're brilliant, especially given the show operating on a relatively low budget. And make-up is pretty good, too. The amount of detail that goes into most of the walkers is staggering. And they've made it a clear goal to have them slowly decay more and more over the course of the show; each season, they get a bit more rotten. Combine that with a lot of 'eye-candy' walkers, which just look really cool; burnt walkers, almost skeletal walkers, pus-filled walkers, bloated walkers, melted walkers... all kinds of cool shit.

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show. I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is r

• Do you realize how precious this theory is?

Aye, it is the one thing that kept my spirits up after season 1, the thought that the cancer group would get what was coming to them. It is also cool having that mystery of point A to point B and we have no idea how they got there or why Vernon is gone.

I don't remember if she mentioned a sister in the tapes

She does, "My sister needs this medicine, without it she'll die or she'll start showing symptoms and they'll take her away. I can't let that happen

Do you realize how precious this theory is? If it were true, not only it would add immense depth to Molly's rather shallow character, but

• Oh, okay.

Combine that with a lot of 'eye-candy' walkers, which just look really cool; burnt walkers, almost skeletal walkers, pus-filled walkers, bloated walkers, melted walkers... all kinds of cool shit.

enter image description here
    You and I have very different ideas of what looks cool.

6 episodes?! No wonder it's consistent! Did it start off as a mini-series originally? It's mainly because of, if memory serves corre

• Nick was the leader of the group. Also, I thought he and Luke were in their late teens.

• Prescott was the capital of the New Frontier.

Ava was a resident of Prescott.

• I thought Eleanor would be good...

• She was. It's just that her naive attempts to protect people was screwed over by Joan and people ended up getting killed anyway, including Ava/Tripp.

I thought Eleanor would be good...

• holy necroli

I thought Eleanor would be good...

• Ava would be a personal Arc "Villain" for Clementine's story arc.

Gabe would stay definitively good or become a bad boy depending on your choices.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.