Who do you think are the most underrated and overrated characters in all of the games?

Comments

• Underrated: Nick, Sarah, Chuck

Overrated: Luke, Jane

Agreed.

Overrated: Bonnie, Mike

I'm pretty sure everyone hates those guys...

AronDracula posted: »

Underrated: * Nick * Sarah * Chuck Overrated: * Luke * Jane * Kenny * Carver * Bonnie * Mike

• Well, not EVERY one.

Underrated: Nick, Sarah, Chuck Overrated: Luke, Jane Agreed. Overrated: Bonnie, Mike I'm pretty sure everyone hates those guys...

• Well, most people do.

Well, not EVERY one.

• How are Bonnie and Mike overrated?

Underrated: * Nick * Sarah * Chuck Overrated: * Luke * Jane * Kenny * Carver * Bonnie * Mike

• Simple. They got development in Season 2, also, there was no option to kill them for betraying me.

DabigRG posted: »

How are Bonnie and Mike overrated?

• They got development in Season 2

...Huh?

there was no option to kill them for betraying me.

Well, there was but one technically didn't fill the requirements.

Simple. They got development in Season 2, also, there was no option to kill them for betraying me.

• Ugh, I just hate them so much. They die if I face them again in Season 3 with no hesitation.

They got development in Season 2 ...Huh? there was no option to kill them for betraying me. Well, there was but one technically didn't fill the requirements.

• I can only guess because they still have fans in spite of betraying the rest of the group. Bonnie was a really good character though in my opinion. I can definitely see why someone would think Mike was overrated since he was given one memorable scene like an afterthought and a justification for being unnecessary in the rest of the game.

How are Bonnie and Mike overrated?

• That's what I wanted to say ;)

Bon-Bon posted: »

I can only guess because they still have fans in spite of betraying the rest of the group. Bonnie was a really good character though in my o

• edited December 2016

Well to be fair, they weren't aholes(Kennny and Jane), they didn't have any immediately relevant baggage despite their backstories(Rebecca, Sarah, Jane, and eventually Luke), and they just cared about helping everyone else beforehand, so it's somewhat understandable. Personally, my only real problem with them(though Bonnie moreso due to blatantly going back for more despite being the third most sympathetic character beforehand) was the implication that they were taking all of the food instead of just enough for the three of them, which would've endangered AJ.

I can definitely see why someone would think Mike was overrated since he was given one memorable scene like an afterthought and a justification for being unnecessary in the rest of the game.

Which one?

Bon-Bon posted: »

I can only guess because they still have fans in spite of betraying the rest of the group. Bonnie was a really good character though in my o

• Since the New Frontier is out now, I think it's safe to bump this.

Underrated
    Gabe
    Max

Overrated
    Marianna?
    Eleanor
    Paul

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2016

Gabe

Honestly, Gabe feels like Becca from 400 Days all over again: a rather accurate depiction of a young teenager... which everyone hates, and don't bother to look deeper into.

People are already comparing him to the likes of Ben, when practically all this kid has done is be a little bit moody. His only real fuck-up is determinant... double determinant at that (you have to leave with your family at the end of episode 1, and let him help during Kate's surgery). He pulls a gun on Conrad... in an attempt to protect Javier. And depending on how you feel about what Conrad does later, his instincts weren't entirely wrong.

Seriously, the main reason people don't like him is because he isn't a hyper obedient, competent kid that does everything right. People don't seem to like kids/teenagers that actually act like kids/teenagers.

Then again, there are some people that don't like him because they feel like he's a retread/rehash of characters like Carl... which I suppose is valid. But the point regarding the primary reason why people don't like him still stands.

Since the New Frontier is out now, I think it's safe to bump this. Underrated Gabe Max Overrated Marianna? Eleanor Paul

• How are Eleanor and Mariana overrated?

Since the New Frontier is out now, I think it's safe to bump this. Underrated Gabe Max Overrated Marianna? Eleanor Paul

• I thought both of them were alright as characters.

How are Eleanor and Mariana overrated?

• Honestly, Gabe feels like Becca from 400 Days all over again: a rather accurate depiction of a young teenager... which everyone hates, and don't bother to look deeper into.

At least Becca was something of a brat/bitch.

His only real fuck-up is determinant... double determinant at that (you have to leave with your family at the end of episode 1, and let him help during Kate's surgery).

Huh. I did not know that.

Seriously, the main reason people don't like him is because he isn't a hyper obedient, competent kid that does everything right. People don't seem to like kids/teenagers that actually act like kids/teenagers.

It's that kinda mindset that is slowly pushing the game series towards ruin.
    "These character's aren't fleshed out/realistic!" Gets mad at characters like Nick, Sarah, and Gabe.

Deltino posted: »

Gabe Honestly, Gabe feels like Becca from 400 Days all over again: a rather accurate depiction of a young teenager... which everyone

• edited March 2017

Eleanor because of shipping. Seriously, she's barely in four scenes from what I've seen, only one of which actually focuses on her. And every comment that isn't about her getting with Javier is about her being evil--its Carley and Lilly all over again!

Mariana is simply me faux-assuming people love her so much because she was struck down by Badger instead of her brother. Tbh, I don't remember too much about her beyond her praying when they get to the junkyard, listening to her walkman/ipod, and following Javier's orders to hide.

How are Eleanor and Mariana overrated?

• Huh. I did not know that.

Yeah. If you left with your family, you have a surgery scene with Kate. Gabe wants to help, and you can choose to let him stay and help. If he stays, he helps for the most part... until he accidentally uses alcohol instead of water when trying to clean the wound. Then he freaks out and storms off.

That's literally his only mistake. And it isn't even bad. All he did was cause some momentary discomfort.

Honestly, Gabe feels like Becca from 400 Days all over again: a rather accurate depiction of a young teenager... which everyone hates, and d

• Yeah. If you left with your family, you have a surgery scene with Kate. Gabe wants to help, and you can choose to let him stay and help. If he stays, he helps for the most part... until he accidentally uses alcohol instead of water when trying to clean the wound. Then he freaks out and storms off.That's literally his only mistake.

Damn. Poor kid.

And it isn't even bad. All he did was cause some momentary discomfort.

Considering we're talking about internal bleeding here, I think momentary "burns-like-hell" would be more appropriate. Still, understandable mistake.

Huh. I did not know that. Yeah. If you left with your family, you have a surgery scene with Kate. Gabe wants to help, and you can ch

• edited December 2016

Overrated:

Clementine
    Luke
    Jane

Underrated:

Gabe
    Javier
    Kate
    Max

• Overrated:
    Kenny
    Jane
    Nate
    Clementine

Underrated:
    Carlos
    Christa
    Nick (He used to be really loved on this forum and everywhere else but I've seen a quite of bit of hate recently, and that makes me sad.)
    Gabe
    Chuck
    Doug
    Katjaa
    Duck
    Sarah

• Also almost every play through I've seen, people obsess over both of them too.

Eleanor because of shipping. Seriously, she's barely in four scenes from what I've seen, only one of which actually focuses on her. And ever

• Eddie was really funny

• Overated
    Mariana

Underated
    Chet (my fat man)

• For some. At least he seemed to have a conscience and heart.

Wyatt, on the other hand, was the most boring playable character and seemed like a killjoy.

Vanzam posted: »

Eddie was really funny

• edited January 2017

Overrated: Jane and Luke.

Underrated: Lilly, Doug, Chuck, Christa, Ben, pretty much everyone in the cabin group except Luke and Carlos, and many others.

• edited January 2017

A New Frontier edition:

Overrated:
    Kenny & Jane.

Underrated:
    Gabe- He's one of my favorite characters and I can see him being one of the biggest and most important characters. I'm thinking that what kind of survivor he becomes will be determinant.

David.

Max.

• I think more of my beef with him is that he's a normal teenager who's spent the last 4 years of his life living in the breakdown of society. Why is he a normal teenager, again? He's more incompetent that Mariana lol

Gabe Honestly, Gabe feels like Becca from 400 Days all over again: a rather accurate depiction of a young teenager... which everyone

• Honestly my favorite part about Telltales is the playing through games and getting to know characters through my experience. So naturally people are going to rate characters pretty differently, and its hard for me to judge that. But whatever, here is my personal list: short version.

Overrated:
    Jane
    Sarah
    Underrated:
    Carver
    Ben
    Nick

• How so?

I think more of my beef with him is that he's a normal teenager who's spent the last 4 years of his life living in the breakdown of society. Why is he a normal teenager, again? He's more incompetent that Mariana lol

• edited February 2017

Overrated:
    Jane
    Sarah

For some reason, that's funnier than it should be.:joy: Care to explain?

Underrated:
    Carver

:confused:

FlareBattle posted: »

Honestly my favorite part about Telltales is the playing through games and getting to know characters through my experience. So naturally pe

• We really haven't had a lot of time with them, BUT, Gabe lost a lot of points when I showed up at the junkyard, and Mariana had managed to stay hidden from NF and the horde, but Gabe and Kate are trying to get a tractor moving in the middle of a group of walkers? I had to come and save both their asses when Javs niece managed to hide the night out and avoid the herd? In the 4 years I wasn't playing as him, I couldn't have left their side, because jesh man, they had one job lol

How so?

• edited January 2017

Do you even know the definition of "Overrated"? How is Sarah overrated and Carver underrated?

Honestly my favorite part about Telltales is the playing through games and getting to know characters through my experience. So naturally pe

• I feel like for Sarah, people dislike her a bit too much, but at the same token people who defend her can go overboard too. For me she a was bit on the neutral side; although I didn't care for her. She was really just a girl. Kinda just there..

Carver, maybe from more recent forums I've read, has been more underrated. When playing through the games I really enjoyed his character and interactions. And although I believe his hype when the game was released was a bit overboard, I think that now looking back, people aren't giving him enough credit. He played a pivotal role in the season 2 and that's just objective. He formed a community and practically was the main fear for the cabin group. He actually accomplished things. And although that shouldn't be overrated, its not something to be underrated either, especially now that we've had time see the story as a whole.

But hey that's just my thoughts! :)

Do you even know the definition of "Overrated"? How is Sarah overrated and Carver underrated?

• I'll respect that. ;)

I feel like for Sarah, people dislike her a bit too much, but at the same token people who defend her can go overboard too. For me she a was

• I'll say that Pete in Season 2 was pretty underrated. That guy was the closest thing Season 2 had to a "Lee" type character. Not necessarily Clem's caretaker, but a person who was smart, caring, and who others looked to as a leader, or if not a leader then at least someone they trusted. Heck, he and Lee even get bitten in similar ways: Both have lapses in their attention during a calm moment, allowing a walker to take a bite out of them. If Clem goes with Pete, heck, he spends his final moments as he's dying from the bite saving her life by distracting the walkers and allowing her to escape. That's a move Lee would have made in that situation.

Plus the whole group falls apart once Pete dies and every member of the Cabin Group is dead within a week. Imagine if Lee died at the end of A New Day. How far would the Season 1 group have made it then?

What I'm saying is, I really like Pete. Despite only being with us for, like, 20 minutes he became one of my favorite characters of Season 2. If he'd lasted longer he probably could have been one of my favorite characters out of all of Telltale's TWD.

• Overrated:
    Kenny
    Carver
    Pete
    Carley

Underrated:
    Gabe
    Alvin
    Doug
    Arvo

• Plus the whole group falls apart once Pete dies and every member of the Cabin Group is dead within a week.

Well, two/three/four weeks, but whatever.

Rock114 posted: »

I'll say that Pete in Season 2 was pretty underrated. That guy was the closest thing Season 2 had to a "Lee" type character. Not necessarily

• Pete

Which one?

CunningFox posted: »

Overrated: Kenny Carver Pete Carley Underrated: Gabe Alvin Doug Arvo

• edited January 2017

The one from The Walking Dead Season 2.

Pete Which one?

• Overrated Doug....thinks he is such hot shit.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.