Do you believe in Jesus?

Do you think he existed? Do you think he was the Son Of God/God himself? And do you think his teachings are still practical for today's world?

Comments

• edited February 2017

I believe he was a real person, and a very good dude who said and did very good things. But come on. Resurrecction? Child of God? WTF!?

Edit: omg i wrote everything from my phone what the heck how did i fuck up the comment so bad.

Edit 2: Fixed.

• amen. (no pun intended)

I believe he was a real person, and a very good dude who said and did very good things. But come on. Resurrecction? Child of God? WTF!? E

• edited February 2017

Hell yeah! He's all of the above: The Son of God and God himself but in the flesh; obviously, his teachings were very good and are very good. Yes, they are practical for today as well as they were practical for yesterday.

• Well tell me,

Do you believe in magic?

In a young girl's heart?

• You a chic?

I-am-BUMP posted: »

Well tell me, Do you believe in magic? In a young girl's heart?

• edited February 2017

Do you believe in magic?

And my less comedic response is do you believe in Thor? Do you believe in Ra? Do you believe in Aphrodite? Athena? The Flying Spaghetti Monster? There have been over 3,000 gods throughout history (in actuality millions, since hundreds of millions of gods exist in Hinduism alone) but Christians just happened to nail it? What a coincidence, because all the followers of those gods did as well, apparently.

Though that is aimed at the "son of god" Jesus. Whether a carpenter named Jesus lived a couple thousand years ago or not is another discussion, but that's seldom the reason people ask (and would have very little importance if not for the more important question being asked).

Kenny/Lee posted: »

You a chic?

• Christian and proud.

• Sure a person named Jesus existing a couple of thousand years ago could be true. Son of god? Resurrection? Please.

Like I-am-BUMP said there have been millions of gods throughout history, and apparently christians are supposed to be the right ones? At least the other gods aren't as boring.

• I'm Agnostic so not really
    But he may have been an actual person,

• What confuses me is that (many, NOT ALL) Christians tend to use faith as their main source of evidence, completely unscientific. Yet the proof of evolution from fossils and everything else must be false because faith is better evidence than facts?

• Science is the search for truth...that's the only religion anyone needs. There may or may not be a being that we could call a god. In time we will tell.

But a good old poem to ponder.

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
    THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

• I believe in him as prophet not as a god or a son of a god he is nothing that near to a god.

• edited February 2017

no

• Muslim? Jewish?

My mother is a Muslim and I was raised to be Muslim but I don't know: never felt any sort of connection to religion

FORTLEE posted: »

I believe in him as prophet not as a god or a son of a god he is nothing that near to a god.

• The story at its face value seems reasonable. A prophet who claimed to be the son of God went around and did good deeds while bringing good fortune was killed by some God fearing haters when he got too big. Whether he was actually the son of God and had zombie powers is another thing altogether, though.

• Being raisd for for somthing is a thing.
    And believe in in something its an other.
    Being muslim its not something you be raisd for its somethong you believe in.
    You don't choice a someone as a friend till you believe in him as a friend. Well its not like you have been raised from the beginning to be his friend no matter what even if he suck in that.
    In an other word you from beginning wasn't a muslim cus you never belive in it.
    And if someone got raisd to do something its dosen't guarantees he is gonna be like what he raisd for in the end not all the kid are a good kids after all

Muslim? Jewish? My mother is a Muslim and I was raised to be Muslim but I don't know: never felt any sort of connection to religion

• The only God is Kenny.

• To be fair your comparison doesn't really make much sense to me. But I respect your opinion.
    With all due respect, you are not me and you do not know how I live. I still have to practice even though I don't believe in it.
    And just to clarify: Are you implying I'm not a "a good kid" because I did not conform to a religious belief? Because no offence: That's a pretty messed up thing to imply IF you implied it.

Being raisd for for somthing is a thing. And believe in in something its an other. Being muslim its not something you be raisd for its som

• (And just to clarify: Are you implying I'm not a "a good kid")
    Did i said that?

To be fair your comparison doesn't really make much sense to me. But I respect your opinion. With all due respect, you are not me and you

• I don't know: that's why i asked. Even though you didn't oughtright say something the way it was worded implied something else to me.

Being told what i am and what I'm not by someone that doesn't know me kind of upsets me. I was actually a muslim and i very much believed in it. I'm sure that was not what you intended. I guess this is all subjective though. Maybe I wasn't, but in my mind I most certinly was.

(And just to clarify: Are you implying I'm not a "a good kid") Did i said that?

• Look, as an actual historical figure, there is no denying he existed, but as the "Son of God" and that he's part of a trinity, I'll have to pass.

For me personally, I believe that he's the last prophet of God before Mohamed (PBUH), he was never crucified and he'll come back before the day of judgement to fight the Anti-Christ and denounce Christianity, he'll rule the world for 40 years and then die and be buried in Muslim graves. Jesus never claimed to be God and he was declared so after his presumed death by the Byzantine Empire, a lot of emperors at the time claimed to be sons of God so you can clearly see where they drew inspiration from, thus Roman Catholicism was born.

https://quran.com/19

• edited February 2017

Evolution is still a theory actually, it hasn't been proven.

many, NOT ALL

Thanks for not assuming tho

fancies posted: »

What confuses me is that (many, NOT ALL) Christians tend to use faith as their main source of evidence, completely unscientific. Yet the proof of evolution from fossils and everything else must be false because faith is better evidence than facts?

• I believe in Odin.

• There is absolutely NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that man existed. Sorry. Gospels were written long time after his death and they are allegories. Read them fchs; one story (Mark's) expanded by other authors. I know what I'm saying, I've been studying bible for years.

• edited February 2017

The way i said it i was mean the Parents' attitude towards bad children in general not u unless you see your self in the same boat that go back to you cus that wasn't my meaning at all.

(you are not me and you do not know how I live)
    I didn't give my point from your life i give it from the islam teachings and i pointed to the most important one is faith.
    If u really had an islamic raising you should know that the most high cornor in islam is the faith without it the person its not a muslim at all and that what i mean by saying (you wasn't a muslim from the beginning cus you didn't believe in islam from the first.

I don't know: that's why i asked. Even though you didn't oughtright say something the way it was worded implied something else to me. Bei

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• edited February 2017

And what of people who had faith and suddenly had doubts and decided to renounce faith?

You're saying that those people (myself included) were "never muslims" to begin with?

Actaully don't bother answering. I already know the answer according to your religion so yeah. I'm not really sure why I'm discussing this. Even though I was already aware of it.

The way i said it i was mean the Parents' attitude towards bad children in general not u unless you see your self in the same boat that go b

• (Actaully don't bother answering. I already know the answer according to your religion so yeah. I'm not really sure why I'm discussing this. Even though I was already aware of it.)
    Ok how about you tell me that answer that you know and i am not sure if i know it.

And what of people who had faith and suddenly had doubts and decided to renounce faith? You're saying that those people (myself included

• I never said you didn't know. I said i shouldn't be asking because I know the answer already.

(Actaully don't bother answering. I already know the answer according to your religion so yeah. I'm not really sure why I'm discussing this.

• I think I understand what the poem is trying to say.

I think the first paragraph is talking about how everything that keeps us united is broken. The invisible blood-dimmed tide then comes in and drowns innocent people in it, making them turn into not so innocent people. Chaos ensues and anarchy is everywhere.

I think the second paragraph is saying that they believe in something that can make everyone united again, The Second coming. They describe the Second Coming as an animal with a lion's body and a human head. It also has a gaze that showed no emotion, like the sun. And the second coming is going towards them.

I think the third paragraph is saying that all the chaos and anarchy was actually just a nightmare. But the nightmare is actually starting to turn into reality. And it could be heading slowly toward a community named Bethlehem to be unleashed.

Now I might be completely wrong about what I just said but that's what I think the poem is saying. But either way this was a pretty deep poem.

• edited February 2017

Oh boy howdy.

"It's just a theory."

Funniest misunderstanding between scientists and laymen. Look up the scientific definition of theory, it's not what you think it is.

EDITED: Germ theory, atomic theory, gravitational theory, theory of special relativity, any of these ring a bell or sound important?

Evolution is still a theory actually, it hasn't been proven. many, NOT ALL Thanks for not assuming tho

• Sure a person named Jesus existing a couple of thousand years ago could be true. Son of god? Resurrection? Please.

I feel like you just copied my previous comment.

uh.

Sure a person named Jesus existing a couple of thousand years ago could be true. Son of god? Resurrection? Please. Like I-am-BUMP said th

• edited February 2017

...That's how religion works. Blind faith.

fancies posted: »

What confuses me is that (many, NOT ALL) Christians tend to use faith as their main source of evidence, completely unscientific. Yet the proof of evolution from fossils and everything else must be false because faith is better evidence than facts?

• ...A very accepted theory.

Evolution is still a theory actually, it hasn't been proven. many, NOT ALL Thanks for not assuming tho

• There are too many similarities with Jesus and Horus, Buddha, Mithra, Krishna and probably a lot more to ignore... maybe it's some kind of prophecy and some kind of messiah shows up every a couple hundred years or so in different plces to save the world or smething...

Shall the next one save us from Trump.

This discussion has been closed.