Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

Comments

• edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I never knew about any cheque is not signed. Those are signed too, if you look closely.

Well, these are signed by the governor. Traveller's cheques are signed at the time you pay, by the owner, to make sure that they're not stolen. Otherwise they act more like money than like cheques.
    I'm pretty sure bearer cheques are more like money in that if you pay someone with one, they can then spend it as well.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Well, these are signed by the governor. Traveller's cheques are signed at the time you pay, by the owner, to make sure that they're not stolen. Otherwise they act more like money than like cheques.
    I'm pretty sure bearer cheques are more like money in that if you pay someone with one, they can then spend it as well.

At least the cheques we use here are bearer cheques or you have to write the name of the person you want to give the money, all depending of how you write it.

Probably I'm confused because the cheques I know can be Bearer Cheques or Travelers Cheques, just depend of how you write them.
  • edited March 2010
    There is always the strong possibility that I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • edited March 2010
    I always want to believe I'm the one with the problem, because that it's something I can fix from my end.
  • edited March 2010
    When did you get this 1760?
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    2112. palandromic fun ftw.
  • edited March 2010
    Is anyone still maintaining the list?
  • edited March 2010
    Is anyone still maintaining the list?

Ohmygod you changed your picture.
    Change it back!
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone have a mirror of the list? Both ones inside this thread (here and here) are down. I'd be willing to host and maintain the list if someone can get what we had reuploaded temporarily.
  • edited March 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Does anyone have a mirror of the list? Both ones inside this thread (here and here) are down. I'd be willing to host and maintain the list if someone can get what we had reuploaded temporarily.
    Second link isn't down for me.
    Ohmygod you changed your picture.
    Change it back!
    No way! Not until the peer pressure lets up!
  • edited March 2010
    Second link isn't down for me.

You're right. Hmm, I could have sworn it wasn't working for me when I posted that. Pale Man seems to have kept it slightly up to date, but I've saved it just incase he does a runner.
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, I have book #

(yes, that was totally necessary).

Also, it's still in its plastic wrap. Either to be sold or, more likely, as a back-up in case my first copy gets, um, damaged. Especially now that these are sold out. Also, I've had this for months.
  • mcdmcd
    edited March 2010
    #2404. Got it two weeks ago because of W&G dvd delay + living in Europe delay
  • edited March 2010
    By the way, I have book #

(yes, that was totally necessary).

Also, it's still in its plastic wrap. Either to be sold or, more likely, as a back-up in case my first copy gets, um, damaged. Especially now that these are sold out. Also, I've had this for months.

I could have left my second copy in the plastic wrap (actually, i also have teh paperback, so i could have left them both in the plastic wrap...) but it didn't feel respectful to steve. Also,
    CHANGE BACK YOUR AVATAR!
  • edited March 2010
    I could have left my second copy in the plastic wrap (actually, i also have teh paperback, so i could have left them both in the plastic wrap...) but it didn't feel respectful to steve.
    I have the paperback as well. Three copies. One to read in my room with great love and care, one to read on the road, and one to make sure the one that I read with great love and care can be replaced if something bad happens to it. I think it's respectful enough to have a comic set aside to be loved at some point in the future. Love can totally have contingency plans. :D
  • edited March 2010
    I've got one original Surfin' the Highway paperback that I've been reading since I was 13 or so.
    I found it at a local comic book store for the (back then for me) super high price of 40 Guilders and 25 cents. It's still in pretty good condition, even though I've taken it with me on the road, in the tub and a couple of other places.
    I've got the hardcover by telltale too, and I've given a softcover to a friend of mine.
  • edited March 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    I've got one original Surfin' the Highway paperback that I've been reading since I was 13 or so.
    I found it at a local comic book store for the (back then for me) super high price of 40 Guilders and 25 cents. It's still in pretty good condition, even though I've taken it with me on the road, in the tub and a couple of other places.
    I've got the hardcover by telltale too, and I've given a softcover to a friend of mine.

Given is a word used too frequently when talking about this book. It should be "loaned" or "sold". I would never "give away" my Sam & max stuff. Not that it's wrong to do this. I'm just a tight ass.
  • edited March 2010
    I bought it as a present for his birthday.
    Why would I want two copies of the same book anyway?
  • edited March 2010

I completely forgot other people had birthdays, what with mine coming up and so on...
  • edited March 2010

I have three.
  • edited March 2010

I have three.

Why?
  • edited March 2010
    Why?
    Copy #1(Hardcover)
    For careful reading in my room. It does not leave the room. It does not get within 3 feet of a glass of liquid, or 2 feet of anything that is meant to be eaten. It is placed back on the shelf after every use.

Copy #2(Sofcover)
    To be read on the road. Or outside my room. Or in my room, but with food/drink involved. It's the thoroughly abused copy.

Copy #3(Hardcover)
    Due to the limited nature of the hardcover, I can't be assured that I could obtain another one if something were to happen to Copy #1. Copy #3 is disaster protection, an insurance against Copy #1 getting damaged or destroyed.

Also, it seemed like the best thing to grab during the 50% off Wallace and Gromit sale.
  • edited March 2010
    Mr. Dashing, you and I think alike.
  • edited March 2010
    Copy #1: Hardcover: The first one I ever read
    Copy #2: Hardcover: Opened so I could see the signature, not used otherwise
    Copy #3: Softcover: Read ALL THE TIME

Rather Dashing, I like your thinking but I'm less patient than you.
  • edited March 2010
    I only have the hardcover one. I have been thinking of getting a paperback version so I can read it while eating. Reading without eating at the same time is just not the same.
  • edited March 2010
    But then you get food all over the paperback! Scan it, and read a pdf while eating! Telltale should make this available on the iBookstore!
  • edited March 2010
    But then you get food all over the paperback! Scan it, and read a pdf while eating! Telltale should make this available on the iBookstore!

But then I'd put crumbs in my keyboard! or one my ebook reader which would be worse than damaging just one book, since it holds a thousand of them!
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Reading without eating at the same time is just not the same.
    Ha. At first I misread that as "reading without eating it at the same time..." XD

I just have one copy; a hardcover from Telltale. I've had it since last July and have already had a lot of use out of it, but I've been careful with it and when I'm not reading it I make sure it's safely put away on its shelf. Though compared to the number of copies some people have I feel like I'm taking a risk!
  • edited March 2010
    I think you're all overprotective.
    Think about all the poor people who are crying because they were saving for the hardcover and haven't got one now.
  • edited March 2010
    I hear what you're saying, Joop, but they did buy their copies and they did pay for them. There is absolutely no rule that you're only allowed one copy each, if they want two good for them.
  • edited March 2010
    Ah well, that makes me feel better about only owning one copy!

I expect some people would have bought extra copies to sell on eBay at ridiculously high prices too. At least that will give some of those who missed out on them at the Telltale store to get one. (the richer people anyway)
  • edited March 2010
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Ah well, that makes me feel better about only owning one copy!

I expect some people would have bought extra copies to sell on eBay at ridiculously high prices too. At least that will give some of those who missed out on them at the Telltale store to get one. (the richer people anyway)

Actually, I prefer the I-bought-five-copy's-out-of-overprotectiveness-people to the I-bought-five-copy's-to-sell-at-rediculously-high-prices-on-E-bay-people.
  • edited March 2010
    Actually, I prefer the I-bought-five-copy's-out-of-overprotectiveness-people to the I-bought-five-copy's-to-sell-at-rediculously-high-prices-on-E-bay-people.
    By the way, I'm totally selling my second hardcover.

:guybrush:Bidding starts at ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :guybrush:
  • edited March 2010

Did you remember the last time somebody tried to sell a hardcover in one million dollars?

I'm still wondering what is a traveler cheque!
  • edited March 2010
    Did you remember the last time somebody tried to sell a hardcover in one million dollars?
    Yes I do.

It was me.

I'm nothing if not persistent.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes I do.

It was me.

I'm nothing if not persistent.

At least learn the lesson and start the bidding with 1 Million AMERICAN Dollars!
  • edited March 2010
    At least learn the lesson and start the bidding with 1 Million AMERICAN Dollars!
    I'm an American. I don't learn lessons. :cool:
  • edited March 2010
    I think you're all overprotective.
    Think about all the poor people who are crying because they were saving for the hardcover and haven't got one now.
    I agree. In fact, I chose to only get a paperback so the hardcover could go to someone who wants it more than me. But I'm crazy that way.
  • edited March 2010

Haven't you tried to sell this copy twice or thrice for a million dollars now?

IN OTHER NEWS

I am selling my second copy. Extremely good condition. Never been read before. Bidding starts at US$999, 999! Beat that, Rather Dashing!
  • edited March 2010
    Haven't you tried to sell this copy twice or thrice for a million dollars now?

IN OTHER NEWS

I am selling my second copy. Extremely good condition. Never been read before. Bidding starts at US$999, 999! Beat that, Rather Dashing!
    Meh... beat that, both of you... :D

np: Autechre - Perlence Losid 2 (Quaristice Quadrange EP)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.